overlaping dates in two files

MS Money 2001 deluxe on Windows XP Pro

I archived my 2004 accounts and never balanced them. I decided i needed to
and now have two files, both .mny files with

2003Archive.mny is from 1/2002 to 12/2004
Active2005.mny is from 1/2004 to present.

I'd like to combine them into one file so I can balance the accounts (three
main accounts) because my statements are not ending nicely on the end of the
month.

Please recommend the best method so I can balance the accounts. I think I
need to conbine the files or somehow get the months that are now balanced in
the 2003Archive.mny file to give a final balance/date to the new file. I'm
sure there is a good way to approch this. Please advise.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Archiving doesn't work the way you apparently thing it does. The archive is
NOT a mutually exclusive set of transactions from those left in the file you
archived. It's just a copy of the file before archiving removes transactions
from the file being archived. This is one of many reasons archiving is lame
and useless and not recommended.

There is no easy way to undo this/merge them. This is another of many
reasons archiving is lame and useless and not recommended.

The only way to "merge" these is QIF export accounts from one file, hand
edit the QIF file(s) in Notepad/Wordpad/your favorite text editor to remove
the duplicates, then import all of the QIF files in one import. This will
probably not work out well the first several times, so be sure and have a
copy of the file you are doing the importing into so you can tune the
process/files and import again.

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=29 and
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=95. And don't use File|Archive again.

"Michael Vestel" <MichaelVestel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MS Money 2001 deluxe on Windows XP Pro
>
> I archived my 2004 accounts and never balanced them. I decided i needed to
> and now have two files, both .mny files with
>
> 2003Archive.mny is from 1/2002 to 12/2004
> Active2005.mny is from 1/2004 to present.
>
> I'd like to combine them into one file so I can balance the accounts
> (three
> main accounts) because my statements are not ending nicely on the end of
> the
> month.
>
> Please recommend the best method so I can balance the accounts. I think I
> need to conbine the files or somehow get the months that are now balanced
> in
> the 2003Archive.mny file to give a final balance/date to the new file. I'm
> sure there is a good way to approch this. Please advise.

okay, so it was a bad idea. Will not do it again.thanks. What i'm after is
balancing my accounts. I can balance up to a point and then some transactions
are in one file some in another. if i import or put them in by hand, (i think
its about ten in each account to get a statement finished in one month and
get it balance.
How do I transfer this balance to the updated or newer file from the
archived,balanced accoutns?

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> Archiving doesn't work the way you apparently thing it does. The archive is
> NOT a mutually exclusive set of transactions from those left in the file you
> archived. It's just a copy of the file before archiving removes transactions
> from the file being archived. This is one of many reasons archiving is lame
> and useless and not recommended.
>
> There is no easy way to undo this/merge them. This is another of many
> reasons archiving is lame and useless and not recommended.
>
> The only way to "merge" these is QIF export accounts from one file, hand
> edit the QIF file(s) in Notepad/Wordpad/your favorite text editor to remove
> the duplicates, then import all of the QIF files in one import. This will
> probably not work out well the first several times, so be sure and have a
> copy of the file you are doing the importing into so you can tune the
> process/files and import again.
>
> See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=29 and
> http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=95. And don't use File|Archive again.
>
> "Michael Vestel" <MichaelVestel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > MS Money 2001 deluxe on Windows XP Pro
> >
> > I archived my 2004 accounts and never balanced them. I decided i needed to
> > and now have two files, both .mny files with
> >
> > 2003Archive.mny is from 1/2002 to 12/2004
> > Active2005.mny is from 1/2004 to present.
> >
> > I'd like to combine them into one file so I can balance the accounts
> > (three
> > main accounts) because my statements are not ending nicely on the end of
> > the
> > month.
> >
> > Please recommend the best method so I can balance the accounts. I think I
> > need to conbine the files or somehow get the months that are now balanced
> > in
> > the 2003Archive.mny file to give a final balance/date to the new file. I'm
> > sure there is a good way to approch this. Please advise.

If they balance, just mark the transactions that are on the statement, in
the post-archive file, as reconciled. The View|All unreconciled starting
balance in this file should match the statement that spans both files. If it
doesn't--i.e., if you are carrying a difference across the span--just adjust
the starting balance in the post-archive file accordingly. You can do this
by adding a transaction at an earlier date than any in the file with an
appropriate adjustment value.

You should also be able to balance the account in the post-archive file just
by accepting Money's proposed starting balance and then clearing just the
transactions that are still in the post-archive file from the statement. The
archive process should have adjusted the account balance to reflect the
transactions that were uncleared but deleted.

> okay, so it was a bad idea. Will not do it again.thanks. What i'm after is
> balancing my accounts. I can balance up to a point and then some
> transactions
> are in one file some in another. if i import or put them in by hand, (i
> think
> its about ten in each account to get a statement finished in one month and
> get it balance.
> How do I transfer this balance to the updated or newer file from the
> archived,balanced accoutns?

Payroll report employee more than 90 days between last two checks
For New Hire reporting in Wisconsin, we recently found out that if someone goes unpaid for more than 90 days and then receives a paycheck again, we need to report them as a new hire. We do employee a large # of college students that will take the summer off and come back to work in the fall. We don't terminate them during this time so there is know paperwork that is generated when they come back to work, thus we need a new system to generate the new hire reporting. I would like to create a report that we can run after every payroll that will show the last two dates an employee wa...

Writing the DBF file
Hello, All! I have a trouble with writing a database to a file. Here's my code: // Write the file structure SDBFHeader dbfHdr; dbfHdr.nVersion = 0x03; strcpy(dbfHdr.cLastUpdate, _T("3A6")); dbfHdr.nNumOfRecs = m_ctrlList.GetItemCount(); dbfHdr.nNumOfBytesInHdr = 32 + (3 * 32) + 1; dbfHdr.nNumOfBytesInRec = m_nFieldsLength[0] + m_nFieldsLength[1] + m_nFieldsLength[2] + 1; dbfHdr.nReserved1 = 0x00; dbfHdr.nIncmpltTrans = 0x00; dbfHdr.nEncrypt = 0x00; strcpy(dbfHdr.cMultiUser, _T("")); dbfHdr.nIndex = 0x00; dbfHdr.nLangID = 0x00; dbfHdr.nReserve...

Excel missing file
I am a registered user of Office XP Pro. Excel will not start. It is missing a file. In the process of moving, disks in storage. Where can I go online to download the missing file? And, how? ...

sqlcmd and Error(s) to a file
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162773.aspx sqlcmd File Names sqlcmd input files can be specified with the -i option or the :r command. Output files can be specified with the -o option or the :Error, :Out and :Perftrace commands. =========above lines are from the URL listed above============= Ok. If I set this command, I get the desired behavior: :Error "./myerrors.txt" (The desired behavior being, if no errors occur, then that file is created, however, it is empty, which is a great indicator for "nothing bad happened") ================= ...

Printing two colors without color separation
I am using Publisher 2007 and have struggled for a year to get adobe to create two color separations. The postscript print driver just doesn't work for me or a colleague that is working on the same file in another city (although I used to be able to print two color separations). Since our printer requires a PDF file I wondered if there was a an easy way to print two separate PDF of the same publisher file by creating a different color scheme or creating unique fonts that print some headers only in one color and rename the same headers with the font colors and lines set to white. I...

GP BOM should be able to select variable BOM from date or range
I had a request from prospect to see if GP could allow their Mfg Mgrs to create a cutoff or date range from which to select different BOMs. For example: They wish to change ingredients used in a dietary supplement starting Tuesday. Work orders from Tues onward would use an alternate BOM. All work orders prior to Tuesday would used the original BOM. There are other similar scenarios. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

Two Quick Questions
1) I just set up new Dell with McAfee. One of my new Outlook email accounts includes [SPAM] in the subject heading to a particular email recipient. I am not sending spam and I cannot figure out how to stop this unwanted inclusion in the subject heading. 2) The time on my outgoing emails in the "Sent" folder is one hour earlier than the actual time which appears in the bottom right-hand corner of computer screen. I just downloaded "XP Windows service patch 2" or something like that. Did that cause the time discrepancy? Thanks very much for the help. johnwallace2...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

Modern.ttf font file requested
Hi, I have bought a Dell computer almost 2 years ago and it already had the modern.ttf font file installed (no, I am not talking about the modern.fon file). I have first reinstalled Windows XP without any problems. When I have installed Windows XP for the second time and thereafter, the modern.ttf file was not installed or it was missing from the Windows XP installation disk. I have looked all over the internet for a possible download link, but have not had any luck. Is there a way that someone would send me the modern.ttf file or tell me of a place to download the file or exactly what sof...

Error with the Deployment Manager- access to the file \CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl refused
Dear all, Dear all, Configuration: CRM 1.2 on a SBS2003 with the rollup 1.2 I 'm unable to deploy my customization . Indeed, as usual i created some new customization fields through the deployment manager and i added them to the account form. No problem with this. But when i launched the Deployment Manager for publishing it failed after a while and it seems there is a problem to access to the following ..xsl file: ...\CRM\_xslfiles\1_Create.xsl. Before i didn't have this problem. Strange? In the event log i have the message: "Erreur ProcessImportWorkItem : Access to the file &...

Date calculations
I have a pre-given date and want to know the resulting date after adding a certain number of days in pre-given date. Mathematically it is like: pre-given date + days = resulting date Pregiven date is in one cell of a table on presentation and days and resultings date are in their own cells each. Thanx in anticipation EXCEL 2007 Cell A1:- 01/04/2010 Cell B1:- 10 Cell C1:- =(A1+B1) This gives the answer 11/04/2010 in cell C1. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "kharal" wrote: > I have a pre-given ...

how can i use the same account with the same personal folders in two computers #3
please help in my company we have to use one account in two machines and we want every one in two machines to be aware of what the other do and what mails he send and recive, please note that dont use microsoft exchange as a mail server thanks in advance Only one outlook can access a pst at a time - you can use a batch file to make a copy for the second computer to use, but it won't be updated in real time. If you are only sharing mail, a local imap server might work better. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 ...

merging files #2
Hi My wife has a number of separate publisher files that she needs to combine into a single file. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do this.. I have looked at the "insert" menu and it looks like you can insert a blank page but not an existing fileā€¦ How do I combine multiple publisher files into one document? Thanks Michael mlsred <mlsred@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I combine multiple publisher files into one document? Copy and Paste. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:20:03 +0000,...

Making a One Column Directory from Two Columns
I'm using Excel 2003. I have a 2 column list of chapter members' names in one column and their schools inthe other. There are over 1800 entries. I want to end up with a single column sorted by the schools, with the name of the school in a row, followed below by the names of the graduates in separate rows. then the next school, etc. Like Emery-Riddle University Jones, Frank Smith, Fred Franklin University Adams, Susan Baker, Sam Is there a formula that can do this or do I have some (a lot) manual formatting to do? Thanks, Dennis Let's see. It's going to sound more...

Backing Up Outlook Files #2
Hi I would like to know how I could back up my Outlook files and folders, so that I can trnsfer them to another computer. Please assist!!! http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm is a good place to read about this. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Muhammad Yusuf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045601c3b457$0a972d60$a101280a@phx.gbl... | Hi I would like to know how I could back up my Outlook | files and folders, so that I can trnsfer them to another | computer. | | Please assi...

Date #8
How do I auto insert the date on XL worksheet? There seems not to be an icon or drop down. Hold the <Ctrl> key down and press the colon/semicolon key. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "cesario" wrote: > How do I auto insert the date on XL worksheet? There seems not to be an icon > or drop down. cesario wrote: > How do I auto insert the date on XL worksheet? There seems not to be an icon > or drop down. =today() ...

Passing null to date/time field
I am using MySql and create a new table that has a date/time field. I set it to accept nulls as well. Created a new XSD dataset in ASP.NET but I cannot set the NullValue property to anything but "(Throw Exception)". (The DefaultValue property is <DBNull>.) I then created all of the typical class methods. When I call the Insert method I tried passing system.dbnull.value but it will not allow me to. It says that the type 'system.dbnull' cannot be converted to 'date'. 2 Questions: 1. How can I change the NullValue property in my dataset t...

Searching for Date Range
I'd like to set up a function to allow the user to search for files based on a due date. I would like it so that the user can search for files due in the following three weeks of the current date. Does anyone know how I would be able to set this up? Use BETWEEN DateAdd("ww", -3, Date) AND Date as the criteria for your date field. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <jtshockey@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194892751.925372.73750@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to set up a function to allow the user ...

Can't open Excel files
I've never had this problem until now. When I try to open either the Excel application or an excel file on my desktop, a window pops up trying to install Windows XP Professional w/Front Page and the application nor the files will open. I have XP home edition. I can open PPt and Word documents just fine. What's going on?? Thanks, Patsy ...

Publisher files saved to a server 2003 open slowly if at all
I have xp computers running office 2007 all clients save files to a server 2003 equiped dell sc4400 server. When office 2003 was opertaing all clients opened fast from the server. With Office 2007 installed all server files open very slowly. I do not have Office 2007 installed on my server. Could this be the problem? All clients run slowly since the change to office 07 I cannot find anything I should have done to inform my server of the change to Office 07. Please Help. ...

unable to open excel file which contains macro
i am unable to open an excel file which contains macro on my pc. my colleagues are able to open the same file on their pcs. adjusted security settings but doesn't work. pls help What happens exactly when you try to open the file? Any message, etc.? What Excel version? (Posters should _always_ mention this). Close Excel and restart it. Then confirm that Tools, Macro, Security has you at Low or Medium. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

BOTH Date AND page Number in header
How do I put both a date on the left and the page numbers on the right in a header? Every time I put one in the other one is deleted. For left-aligned and right-aligned text to "co-exist" in the same line of text, you would have to use a right-aligned tab stop. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jimbo" <Jimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB10C5C1-DC19-4AAA-A2F4-3D1BD3A83F5E@microsoft.com... > How do I put both a date on the left and the page numbers on the right in > a header? Every time I put one in the other one is d...

delete info from source file w/out changing the destination file
Hello I have two work sheet linked together for patient tracking files. All the information from the open source file is automatically updated in the Closed file. I want to be able to constantly update the closed file with out keeping more then 30 rows in the open file. Therefore, Once the patient tracking is completed, I should be able to delete the information form the source file with out removing it from the destination file. I am also having difficulty in moving the data down once I want to add another patient into the open file. e.g. row one was Tricia - info completed - delete Tr...

Summing two columns
Hi I have values in two columns, A and B in a single worksheet. I want to multiply values in column A with the inverse order of values in column B and add them and put the results in column C. For example at C1, I want to have A1*B1, at C2, A2*B1+A1*B1, at C3, A3*B1+A2*B2+A1*B3 and at C4, A4*B1+A3*B2+A2*B3+A1*B4, etc. How can I accomplish this job with SUMPRODUCT or VBA and fill that column automatically. Any help is welcome. Thanks HI, Here is an inelegant subroutine Option Base 1 Function doit(N, rangeA As Range, rangeB As Range) Dim tempA(10), tempB(10) j = 1 For Each cell In rang...

Two Forms One Record
Hi! Im a beginner in access. I have two forms (BirthCertificate and BirthCertificate2) that share one recordset(?) --> one row in a table . I separated them due to many fields. I have a command button that opens the other form but I want it to open on same page as the first page on my first form -- like continuing to type on a table.. The code should read something like (untested): DoCmd.OpenForm "Your second form" ,,, "PrimaryKey = " & Me.txtPK where "Your second form" is the name of the second form PrimaryKey is the name of that key in your table txtP...