Overdraft protection

I have a VISA credit card that automatically puts money in my bank checking
account if my checking account balance goes negative due to overdrawing the
account. In Money 2008, how do I categorize this transaction? Currently I'm
calling it Other Income, but I don't think that is correct. Any suggestions.
Tks. Ken
0
kenard1 (1)
3/23/2008 4:27:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"kenard1" <kenard1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have a VISA credit card that automatically puts money in my bank =
checking=20
> account if my checking account balance goes negative due to =
overdrawing the=20
> account. In Money 2008, how do I categorize this transaction? =
Currently I'm=20
> calling it Other Income, but I don't think that is correct. Any =
suggestions.=20
> Tks. Ken

If it doesn't already exist, create the credit card account in Money. =
The transfer from the account is exactly that in Money: Transfer. That =
assumes you're not using Essentials and are using Advanced Register.
--=20
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL
0
spam_magnet (1210)
3/23/2008 4:51:25 PM
And the advantage to the method Chris describes is that this isn't income.
It's adding to a liability by adding cash to a cash asset account. They
exactly offset. You didn't get richer or poorer.

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in =
message news:ui$HxFVjIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> You didn't get richer or poorer.

Except for the outrageous fees and interest.
--=20
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL
0
spam_magnet (1210)
3/25/2008 2:11:14 AM
Indeed.

For the lurkers and archive readers, the subsequent fees and interest are
expenses that get added to the overdraft protection account in separate
transactions. They don't change the basic premise that the initial move of
"principal" is neutral therefore best accounted for in Money as a Transfer.

--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

PROTECTING FORMULAS #2
I have a sheet where when opened, it runs an auto macro to move cell contents from one column to another and uses a formula to do some calculations. If I select the columns I want unlocked, then protect the sheet and try to run the macro, I get an "run time error 1004 unable to set the numberformat property of the range class" When I debug the following is highlightd "Selection.NumberFormat = ";;;" " I was a Lotus user and in Lotus I could select a range of cells or columns to protect, I'm having a hard time to get Excel to do the same. I appreciate th...

Howto: Protecting specifig Ranges for inserting Rows
Hi I would like to protect specific Ranges of my Sheet. The users should be able to edit specific CELLS and additionally EDIT cells and INSERTnew Rows intos a specific predefined RANGE. But users should not be able to add Rows in the other parts of the Sheet. Do you know its possible? How to realize that? Markus, If you use a multi-cell array entered formula, Excel will prevent row insertion (or column insertion) within that range. For example, select A1:A10, type =ROW(), then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter. Then select a cell in, say, row 8 and try to insert a new row: Excel will protest, an...

Changing a header in a protected form 2007
I have a template that has certain sections protected. The first part is a fill in form. The second part is a body of text that is not protected allowing the user to change styles, underline, change font etc. The problem is that if the user needs to use a second page they will have to put in header information. I.e the name of the document and page number. On the first page is the logo, but on secvond and corresponding pages I would like the user to be able to name the document and have the page numbers work. Is there any way to do this functionality in 2007? I desparately need ...

Protect the acess to a table in Acess 2007
Hi I`m using Acess 2007 and I would like to protect the acess of others to a table in a database used by several persons. Is it possible? Can somebody help me? Thanks ...

Save Option on Protected Worksheet
Can I supress the " Do you want to save changes" . I have created a worksheet used by multiple users, they enter their data get their results and close the file. The worksheet is protected but I do not want them to get the option to save. The events must be placed in the Thisworkbook module You can add this event to the workbook if you don't want to save the workbook Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub And this if you always want to save Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Save End Sub -- Re...

Change radio button when sheet is protected
I have two radio (option) buttons (from the forms menu, not controls), one to protect the sheet and one to unprotect the sheet. These are linked to cell $D$1 I also have code that protects/unprotects the sheet in order to sort the data. How can I get the radio buttons to change to reflect the current status of the worksheet (protected/unprotected) when the code runs to sort the sheet. My code: Sub SortRoom() Call UnProtSheet Application.Goto Reference:="DataEntry" Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B4"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("C4") _ , Order...

Can you password protect ALL your outlook emails?
I want to be able to stop people opening outlook and then reading all my downloaded emails. Is there a simple way to do this? thanks in advance! J McC jmccardl@bigpond.net.au ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- You can password protect the PST file. (Right click on Personal Folders in folder list and select properties > advanced > change password. Take care not to forget/lose this password as Microsoft offers no tools to recover it.) Another option would be to never leave your workstation unlocked. The screensave w/ ...

Excel to protected application? Unique Computer ID
I have a excel spreadsheet that ideally I would like to run as a standalone application. Is it possible to do this? I want to distribute by disk - but restrict the use of the to a specific pc. Is it possible to locate a Unique Computer ID variable in Excel (such as MAC address) to implement a key system? Any help appreciated. See Chris Rae's page at http://www.chrisrae.com/vba/routines/getusername.html and additional information at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/property.htm---HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]My Excel Pages: htt...

Determine if PST file is password protected
Preface: I have developed a script (vbs) that will be broadcast throughout the company and its purpose is to consolidate all pst files found on a given pc. When the script finds a pst file, whether it it searching on the hard drive or any other server, it will move that pst file to a specific directory on a given server, load the user's hive into the registry (deployment via SMS) and then remap that pst in the registry. Question: Is there any way for the script (once again, vb) to recognize the pst file as being password protected prior to moving it? I can't seem to find any relative...

Protecting Worksheet but allow certain actions
Can someone tell me why it is that on Excel (Version 2002) I cannot specify which actions to allow my users to do if I protect a worksheet. It allows me to checkmark options I want my users to be able to do, but when they try to perform them, it tells them that the sheet is locked and therefore read-only. I am wanting my users to be able to sort, and also to be able to filter data, and I have checked both options when I am in the process of protecting the sheet. Any help on this? Hi Are they also using 2002 /2003 Sherry? If they use 97/2000 it will not work for them -- Regards Ron...

Automatic protection of parts of a document that opens from a temp
I have a document that when opened you can only fill in certain fields of a table (which I already know how to do - "protect document" button). However, after it is filled out, what I need is to take away the "save" button from the menu so they can't save over top of the original document. I have tried saving the document as a template and putting protection on certain fields on the template. This works but only when the template is opened. If you double click on the template and open a new file ("document 1"), all of the protected fields bec...

Protection of check boxes in excel 2002
Hi I have a form set up in excel with check boxes, and I wish to protect the sheet but allow users to be able to select and deselect the check boxes. When I protect the sheet and then use the sheet, an error mesage lets you know the sheet is protected and read only, I have tried in format control for the check box to deselect the locked option and lock text option. Its bound to be simple but help is always welcome. Try unlocking the cells that are linked to the checkboxes. You can hide the columns/rows that contain the link (or move them to another (hidden???) worksheet. Newbeetle wrote...

Drop Down list will not choose Yes in protected 2007 form
Using Word 2007 with legacy tools for drop down form field. Only one user has the problem which is - can not choose Yes from the drop down field. He sends me the document and I have no problem. The document is on his desktop. The problem is with his PC, but I don't know what else to check. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you! -- 2007 Newbie ...

Benefits of Protected Construtors in MFC
Hi I want to ask you about logic behind the protected constructors in MFC. Firstly i want to give an example. This make easier to explain the problem. I added a class which is driven from CView class. And i want to show it when clicked "View->New Window" menu. *********************** #pragma once // code view class code : public CView { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(code) protected: code(); // protected constructor used by dynamic creation virtual ~code(); public: virtual void OnDraw(CDC* pDC); // overridden to draw this view #ifdef _DEBUG virtual void AssertValid...

Can you write protect a table in a database?
Hi, I wonder if it's possible to make a table (for all users) write protected (I don't want people by accident changing data)? Cheers, Mikael Sweden Well, that's one way to get around the problem. But I really want to know if it's possible to write-protect the table, and if so, how? Cheers, Mikael Well, that's one solution to the problem. But I would really like to know if it's possible to write-protect a table, and if so, how? Cheers, Mikael If you are using Access 2003 or earlier you can use User Level Security to have the table 'read only' for c...

Protecting cell
I need help in making a cell in Excel more idiot proof. I have to enter a file number in the cell, ex. 0409-28. The file number will be the same, but i want to be able to have the cell turn red if the file numbering is not correct, ex. 37j9-38 or 29009-93 or 67-8e869 (I have seen the number in various ways). Can anyone help? Thanks, Stighre You can use conditional Formating under under format menu...or validation >-----Original Message----- >I need help in making a cell in Excel more idiot proof. I have to enter a >file number in the cell, ex. 0409-28. The file number wil...

adding comments to protected sheet
I would like to know if I can add comments to a sheet that is protected. Although the sheet is protected the cell is not locked. Can this be done? DMT With Excel 2002 and 2003 there is an option when protecting the sheet to "Edit Objects" Checkmark that option. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:29:01 -0700, DMT <DMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to know if I can add comments to a sheet that is protected. >Although the sheet is protected the cell is not locked. Can this be done? ...

spell check for protected worksheet for Excel 97
So this code works for Excel 2003: Sub Spell_Check() ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme" Cells.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _ Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True End Sub However when I was trying to get it to work for someone, they were using an older version of Excel (I believe it was 97), so how can I get the code to work to get the spell check to work under protection? I kept getting error messages such as: "Can't execute code in break mode" and "Comp...

Outlook 2002 password Protection
Please help. Changed my password the other day now outlook fails to prompt for the password...just opens the program after double click. Have re-changed the password several times but no luck. Just keeps opening the program with no password prompt. ??????????? "Bob" <bford@countrybankusa.com> wrote in message news:03c301c34cba$e3211510$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Please help. Changed my password the other day now > outlook fails to prompt for the password...just opens the > program after double click. Have re-changed the password > several times but no luck. J...

Worksheet Protection and Inserting Pictures
I need to protect a worksheet (with password) and still allow user to insert Picture (from file only, if that helps), how can I accomplish this? Hood Unprotect, insert, reprotect. Sub Macro1() ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme" ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert ("E:\Winter.jpg") ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme" End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 06:25:03 -0800, "Hood" <Hood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to protect a worksheet (with password) and still allow user to insert >Picture (from file only, ...

Workbook Protection #3
I have a 26 worksheet workbook. Various rows (different on each worksheet) need to be hidden when I send this out. Only way I have been successful protecting this from being unhidden is to protect every worksheet. Protecting the workbook doesn't do it. Very time consuming and quite inefficient when I need to unprotect. Any suggestions? -- Anne Anne... lots of people can unhide those sheets. Why will you send them at all? Why not copy your "good" worksheet to another workbook by itself, and just send that? If you tell us exactly what you're looking to do, we may hav...

May be not Excel...rather Explorer? Protect file from unintentional deletion
Hey guys :) My Excel-file is password-protected. This, of course, prevents the file from being destroyed by any casual user, but - 1) will he (or she) still be able to delete the excel-file in Explorer? 2) if so - how can I protect my file from being unintentional deleted by another user? Best regards Snoopy "Snoopy" <blaksnm@jjuc.no> wrote in message news:1f545bd4-a4ee-411f-8ded-28f28f1212d6@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hey guys :) > My Excel-file is password-protected. This, of course, prevents the > file from being destroyed by any casual user, but - > 1...

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

password protect .csv file
I tried to post this question yesterday but can't find it. If this is a duplicate question I apologize. I need to save a .csv file so that it can be opened and read by another user, but not changed without a password. When I try to protect the sheet all the right popups and options appear, but the file isn't protected. Is it possible to protect a .csv file? If so, how? Thank you. Jennifer You got an answer yesterday and you cannot password protect a CSV file, you might be able to make it read only but it is very easy to undo and so is password protection as well Regards,...

Protection of sheet
There's a way to discover the password for protection of a sheet in excel?Or a program? Thanks for your help. and sorry for my english See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "pollon" <nospam@nospam.it> wrote in message news:bovk1d$1icb3f$1@ID-108205.news.uni-berlin.de... > There's a way to discover the password for protection of a sheet in excel?Or > a program? > Thanks for your help. > and sorry for my english > > ...