OT: What tax software is everyone using this year?

TurboTax is too expensive ($40 + electronic filing fees), TaxCut is $30 and
included filing fees, TaxAct is $20 for the same thing.

Do Money 2006 Deluxe owners get any special offers on Taxcut?
--
Aloke
----

0
aprasad123 (105)
12/9/2005 2:53:52 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Excel.

I'll probably use the Quicken free efile and then put my own data in the
free state online system.

"Aloke Prasad" <aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote in message
> TurboTax is too expensive ($40 + electronic filing fees), TaxCut is $30
> and included filing fees, TaxAct is $20 for the same thing.
>
> Do Money 2006 Deluxe owners get any special offers on Taxcut?

What's the URL for Quicken free efile?

Do you have to have Quicken to do this?
--
Aloke
----

message news:Od2TX3G$FHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Excel.
>
> I'll probably use the Quicken free efile and then put my own data in the
> free state online system.
>
> "Aloke Prasad" <aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote in message
>> TurboTax is too expensive ($40 + electronic filing fees), TaxCut is $30
>> and included filing fees, TaxAct is $20 for the same thing.
>>
>> Do Money 2006 Deluxe owners get any special offers on Taxcut?

0
aprasad123 (105)
12/9/2005 11:40:34 AM
Q2: nope.

Q1: Maybe I'll have to go back to paper filing this year. From
http://irs.gov: "Taxpayers who used Free File in past filing seasons might
not qualify for the free services for the 2006 filing season.  Participation
in the 2006 Free File program is limited to taxpayers with an Adjusted Gross
Income (AGI) of $50,000 or less." Considering they want to get people to
efile, this seems like severe back-sliding.

> What's the URL for Quicken free efile?
>
> Do you have to have Quicken to do this?

Don't MS Money users get some sort of price-break on TaxCut products?

I couldn't find anything in the Home page of Money 2006 ..

At this rate, I'm going to give TaxAct a try this year.
--
Aloke
----

message news:%23MN6cQM$FHA.3308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Q2: nope.
>
> Q1: Maybe I'll have to go back to paper filing this year. From
> http://irs.gov: "Taxpayers who used Free File in past filing seasons might
> not qualify for the free services for the 2006 filing season.
> Participation in the 2006 Free File program is limited to taxpayers with
> an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $50,000 or less." Considering they want
> to get people to efile, this seems like severe back-sliding.
>
> "Aloke Prasad" <aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote in message
>> What's the URL for Quicken free efile?
>>
>> Do you have to have Quicken to do this?

0
aprasad123 (105)
12/9/2005 4:06:33 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote:

>Don't MS Money users get some sort of price-break on TaxCut products?
>
>I couldn't find anything in the Home page of Money 2006 ..
>
>At this rate, I'm going to give TaxAct a try this year.

TaxAct does not accept a QFX file, so you would have to enter your
schedule D info manually.

In some states, filling out the income tax by hand is fairly easy,
once the federal return is in hand.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/9/2005 4:40:50 PM
Aloke Prasad wrote:
> TurboTax is too expensive ($40 + electronic filing fees), TaxCut is $30 and
> included filing fees, TaxAct is $20 for the same thing.
>
> Do Money 2006 Deluxe owners get any special offers on Taxcut?
> --
> Aloke
> ----
> to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com
I use the tax software on H&R Bocks site......it allows me to save
the file as an Acrobat File.

I would add I don't use Turbo Tax after the antics they pulled a few
years ago.
After that I switched to H&R Block and never looked back.

I'm rethinking the Excel part now.

Modeling the AMT question looks like it will take days--and I'm reasonably
confident there won't be any to pay, but I'm going to hit EVERY trap that
says you have to go all the way through the course to prove it. What a
headache. Maybe I'll pay the $10 for Online TurboTax Basic. I still won't
pay them $24.95 to file the state. Here in Colorado, the state return is
pretty easy: How much did you tell the Feds you were paying tax on? Add a
few things if they apply, subtract a few things if they apply. Send in 4.63%
* the balance.

In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:

>Maybe I'll pay the $10 for Online TurboTax Basic.

When you could keep your tax info on your own computer with taxact
free?
0
NoMailTnx (131)
12/13/2005 9:54:23 AM
"Cal Learner" <NoMailTnx@please.com> wrote in message
> In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:
>
>>Maybe I'll pay the $10 for Online TurboTax Basic.
>
> When you could keep your tax info on your own computer with taxact
> free?

What's the URL for Taxact free that lets you do this?
--
Aloke
----
to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com

0
aprasad123 (105)
12/13/2005 10:28:45 AM
Aloke: http://www.taxact.com mentions this offer.
Cal: I'll check it out. Free is the right price for me.

> "Cal Learner" <NoMailTnx@please.com> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:
>>
>>>Maybe I'll pay the $10 for Online TurboTax Basic.
>>
>> When you could keep your tax info on your own computer with taxact
>> free?
>
> What's the URL for Taxact free that lets you do this?

Ah, yes of course..

I'll probably download the Fed+State.  I'm used to paying $20/year (mostly
to Intuit and H&RBlock for the last 3 years) for tax software.
--
Aloke
----

message news:utzxLq%23$FHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Aloke: http://www.taxact.com mentions this offer.
> Cal: I'll check it out. Free is the right price for me.
>
> "Aloke Prasad" <aprasad123@columbus.rr.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Cal Learner" <NoMailTnx@please.com> wrote in message

>>> When you could keep your tax info on your own computer with taxact
>>> free?
>>
>> What's the URL for Taxact free that lets you do this?

0
aprasad123 (105)
12/14/2005 12:22:16 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote:

>h, yes of course..
>
>I'll probably download the Fed+State.  I'm used to paying $20/year (mostly
>to Intuit and H&RBlock for the last 3 years) for tax software.

The big downside is that TaxAct does not accept TXF files. That
could be a significant deal if you had a lot of transactions to go
onto schedule D.
0
NoMailTnx (131)
12/14/2005 6:08:09 AM
> In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote:
>
>>h, yes of course..
>>
>>I'll probably download the Fed+State.  I'm used to paying $20/year (mostly
>>to Intuit and H&RBlock for the last 3 years) for tax software.
>
> The big downside is that TaxAct does not accept TXF files. That
> could be a significant deal if you had a lot of transactions to go
> onto schedule D.

Don't even know what TXF files are :-)
My taxes are pretty simple.
--
Aloke
----
to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com

0
aprasad123 (105)

How to use the Import Utility
I have inventory list in a CSV I need to import I downloaded the import utility and am attempting to use it on the Inventory, So this is what I am doing. First I launch the import utility I Name the Session I browse to the location and choose the file I am importing I then Connect to the Live Database I Choose Inventory and the delimenator of comma I check both boxes and then next I then select the following fields Field 1 is reorder number field 2 is Item lookup code Field 3 Description Field 4 is Category Field 5 is Department Field 6 is Sub Description Field 7 is cost Field 8 is price F...

Insert query using date as where condition
I have an insert query that runs every day at midnight that records our client's current environmental status (it's for a mental health facility). Here's the code: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- INSERT INTO dbo.tblCensusHistoryWithDischarge (FullName, LastName, FirstName, FileNumber, ClientNumber, StaffID, Environment, Location, Residence, FundSource, Act10, StartDate, ExpEndDate, EndDate, CensusTimestamp) SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.tblClients.LastName + N', ' + dbo.tblClient...

Can you use company address for Word mail merging
When running a quick campaign to prepare letters we would like to use the address listed in a company record. I.e. send a letter to a customer "person" but use the address listed in that persons company record. Is that possible Hi, This is possible and can be achieved using .Net. Ram "KWalker" wrote: > When running a quick campaign to prepare letters we would like to use the > address listed in a company record. I.e. send a letter to a customer > "person" but use the address listed in that persons company record. > > Is that possible ...

How do add columns showing dob and years to work to give a retire.
I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? Many thanks Claire Hi something like =DATE(YEAR(A1)+50,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Claire Le Monnier" <ClaireLeMonnier@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8F892F61-F652-4177-A0C0-F25899C11CFA@microsoft.com... > I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they > retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? > Many than...

external (not remote) data ranges using defined names
I have created a Source file containing information that I want to access from multiple Destination files. From time to time I will need to add rows or columns to the Source file and have this reflected in the Destination workbooks. I am using Validation lists and Defined names to do this and it works OK. As long as the two workbooks are open any changes to the Source file are reflected in the Destination file. But if the Destination is closed while the Source file is being changed, when the Destination is open the reference in the Defined Name has not changed even if the program ask...

How to receive and send XML using .NET
I would like to receive XML over the internet (via HTTP Post or SOAP), read it, perform some server side operations, and send back an XML response that would depend on the contents of the XML received. Seems simple, but I cannot find a good example of how to do this. In the Microsoft "Developing XML Web Services.." book, there is a nice discussion of XML and how to load it from a file and directly in code as a stream/string, but no mention of how to get or send it via HTTP. In an HTTP Post, how do I write my XML to the header and how do I read it? Also, is it necessary to use...

Can I use a worksheet name in a formula?
I'm using Office 2007 I have a workbook with 20+ pages. On one of them I want to use a formula that refers to a worksheet name, but in different cells I want it to refer to different worksheets. I have a cell that currently has a name typed into it that matches a worksheet name. Can I refer to the contents of that cell (INDIRECT) and use the content to refer to the correct worksheet and then go to that worksheet for the data? eg. Sheet called Christmas. In cell H2 value = Pudding on another sheet cell B2 value = Christmas. I want the formula in cell J12 to go to Sheet C...

how do i sort dates by months and not years?
I have two columns. One with dates and one with names: 09/22/77 Jane Doe I'm trying to sort these by months so I can keep track of people's birthdays. Is there a way to do that? Thanks! One way, in a third adjacent column enter =MONTH{A1) assuming the date is in column A then sort the range by that column, Regards, Alan. "A Homeschool Mom" <A Homeschool Mom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1A68119-E817-4BA5-8700-E01899997A12@microsoft.com... >I have two columns. One with dates and one with names: > > 09/22/77 Jane Doe > &g...

Free Software search and download = www.GEGEREKA.com
Project of the year: Incredible unique search machine like nothing on earth. MP3,MPEG,AVI,DIVX,DLL,PHP,EXE,ISO, ... and much more Millions files for everyone. Music, movies, soft and other media. http://www.GEGEREKA.com : THE LORD OF DOWNLOADS. ...

How to set Out of Office response using IE
We are using Exchange v5.5 with SP4. I would like to set the "Out of Office" reply message via Internet Explorer. How do I do that? TIA Outlook Web Access. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, KAL SANNEDHI asked: | We are using Exchange v5.5 with SP4. | I would like to set the "Out of Office" reply message via Internet | Explorer. How...

Formula to calculate and add tax
I am creating a simple (I thought) pricing guide and I am running int the circular reference problem. Here's what I want to do. I want t enter a price in a cell and have the tax automatically calculated an the total price returned to the cell. I know I can create an entirel new set of cells just to contain the price and the tax rate then hav that result displayed in the desired cell. But, I wondered if it i possible to enter the price directly into the cell. For example: In A1 A2 A3 I want to be able to enter the price before tax an then have the tax calculated and the total displa...

Install any software on a remote machine
Hi, VC++ 6.0 I am developing an application that monitors and manages a LAN. For that I need to incorporate a 'Remote Installation' function. The user should be able to choose the setup file by using a filedialog. After that the setup program for the specified software should run on the required remote node. Please suggest something to accomplish the 'Remote Installation' part. Thank You James. ...

tax
Hi there i am currently inserting the months for the tax periods, s that a tax code can be assigned depending on what months the person tax is in. Therefore the tax year starts in April, so for example July is ta period 05. How do i do a forumla to explain this, can anyone help me Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: - create a lookup table with the month names and your tax period - use VLOOKUP to get the associated values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there i am currently inserting the months for the tax periods, so > that a tax...

How do I create an email using a category list?
I just want to email a category of people vs. setting up a distribution list. Can I do that? Help with Outlook <Help with Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just want to email a category of people vs. setting up a > distribution list. Can I do that? Display your Contacts in the By Category view, select the category, then click Actions>New Message to Contact. -- Brian Tillman Add categories to their contact record in the contacts folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vis...

How to use If Then
I have a form field dropdown box that has two options. I need to put an If statement after it that should read something like "If Box=Applies "more text" else blank." So the following text will either appear or remain blank. I can't figure out how to reference a field form entry in the If function or if this is even possible. Please help. Hi That70sHeidi, Your IF field's construction should be: {IF{REF Dropdown1}= "Applies" "Additional text"} To get the correct 'name' to use for 'Dropdown1', right-click on the for...

Do I Need Main Identity Now that I am Not Using Entourage?
I stopped using Entourage a couple of years ago. I am unsure if any Microsoft Office 2004 applications use this other than Entourage. I don't know if there are settings that I need for PowerPoint, Word or Excel. Should I delete it? Leave it alone? Thank you. On 12/17/09 12:15 PM, in article 505f340d-b11f-422f-a86b-8de2f665aa52@k32g2000prb.googlegroups.com, "kerpa" <keroutt@gmail.com> wrote: > I stopped using Entourage a couple of years ago. I am unsure if any > Microsoft Office 2004 applications use this other than Entourage. I > don't know i...

Use of check boxes in a database
Hi I'm hoping for some help in this. I have included the use of checkboxes in my database. So basically, if it's checked, it means yes. If not, it means no. The people who are using this database would like me to include the word yes or no adjacent to the checkboxes. I believe this is redundant but they're insistent on the inclusion. What do you think is the best way to deal with this question? Thank you in advance for your help. On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:03:01 -0800, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I'm ho...

Using an equation to count non-duplicated items in column
I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as T-####. Is there a way to count the number of non-duplicated entries in this column by using a formula? Thanks for any assistance, Please respond to hers2keep @ yahoo . com. Thanks, carla carla Try Chip Pearson's site........ http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique BTW. The customary response is to the News Group, not email. That way we all learn. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On 28 Aug 2003 14:30:58 -0700, cbr@saturnsea.com (carla) wrote: >I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as...

Using Worksheets
Can you alphabetize worksheets by name or put worksheet numerical... Stuller You'll need code for this Check here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#SortAllSheets -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Stuller" <Stuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D894398-6F2C-408B-8550-E134D7DA9A00@microsoft.com... > Can you alphabetize worksheets by name or put worksheet numerical... Thank You. "Nick Hodge" wrote: > Stuller > > You'll need code for ...

Use this critical update
--oxsummclqoh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="adbdqcjxthhx"; type="multipart/alternative" --adbdqcjxthhx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eoulunxroh" --eoulunxroh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain th...

Using Access 2000 packaging and deployment wizard
Hi In Access 2000 when I open a module in my app and from Addins menu run the Access 2000 packaging and distribution wizard, it cerates the distribution package with the original MDB. How can I make it instead include the MDE of the app instead? Thanks Regards ...

Want to use IListEditor not LBEditor
Hello, I am relatively new to .Net, and I was trying to use a ListBoxCtrl in my project. I went into the properties and realized that some of the properties were different then what I was expecting. Originally I was using the IListEditor and in this project, I am using the LBEditor for my control. I hope that made sense. What I would like to do is use the IListEditor which I was using earlier in my older projects, as opposed to this LBEditor. thanks Jon wrote: > Hello, I am relatively new to .Net, and I was trying to use a > ListBoxCtrl in my project. I went into the properties a...

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I've tried to copy data in outlook folders (from office computer unit) to thumbdrive in order to re-paste to another computer (at home) and can read the data again? Please kindly advice/ suggest Answered daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ V...

Cannot load or use Reports
Hello, I'm using a CRM 3.0 SBS version, installed in a SBS 2003 with SQL 2005. SQL reporting services is installed and functioning, altough I had installed it after the instalation of CRM. I cannot use, load or see any report. Can annybody help me in a step by step verification? Carlos -- Siscad Manager You probably need to publish the CRM reports if you installed Reporting services afterwards. There are also permissions that need to be set as well. Here are the steps: 1. Publish reports Run the following from a command prompt. c:\program files\microsoft crm\reports\publishre...

Parse XML into Collection
I'm a newbie so please bear with me... I'm looking to parse XML into a Collection so that I can pass that collection around to functions to extract data from it easily. I'm hoping there is code already to parse std XML files into a Collection? All I've found is code where the XML structure is already known... I need to code to work no matter what the structure... it would "figure out" what nodes are parents/children and such then place them into a Collection appropriately. Any help is appreciated! An XmlDocument already defines a hierarchy of collections when it p...