Option Assignments in Money Plus Delux

I do option trading as part of my investment activities. I can record the
purchase and sale of options (either call or put, short or long), which is
fine. However, I do not find a way to handle assignments resulting from being
short in call or put options. Need help on this issue, thanks.

0
Durai (2)
2/24/2008 4:25:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Durai wrote:

>I do option trading as part of my investment activities. I can record the
>purchase and sale of options (either call or put, short or long), which is
>fine. However, I do not find a way to handle assignments resulting from being
>short in call or put options. Need help on this issue, thanks.

Enter an Exercise transaction. Money should ask for the details.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/24/2008 8:01:37 PM
I tried that already and it works only for "exercise"ing an option that you
hold. If you are the party on the other side, that is the one who sold the
option you can't enter the transaction as an "Exercise".

Let me illustrate with an example. I sell a Put option, say MSFT March08
30Put, for $3.00. By third Friday of March Microsoft closes below $30. The
owner of the put option (i.e. the person on the other side of my trade)
exercises the option. As a result of his exercise, I am assigned MSFT for
$30. Entering my transaction as an exercise transaction does not work,
because Money records my MSFT purchase price at a price of $33 (Strike price
of 30 plus $3, the price of the put option). I would like Money to
automatically figure out it is assignment and record my MSFT purchase cost at
$30-$3 = $27.00

I suppose Money does not have the function that I am looking for?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Durai wrote:
>
> >I do option trading as part of my investment activities. I can record the
> >purchase and sale of options (either call or put, short or long), which is
> >fine. However, I do not find a way to handle assignments resulting from being
> >short in call or put options. Need help on this issue, thanks.
>
> Enter an Exercise transaction. Money should ask for the details.

0
Durai (2)

Using Microsoft Money 2003 for a small Church
I am the Rector of a very small (about 40 members) Episcopal Church in a small town in PA. Does anyone "out there" have any information how I can make Money 2003 work for our very simple Church budget? An article I can read - - some reference to making the categories work for a church/business rather than home? We can certainly use the online banking which Money provides -- but I don't think we need the whole business version of Money 2003. I'm thinking that, with a little tweaking, Money 2003 for home will do the trick. Any suggestions? I'm grateful for an...

Outlook 2003 Send option does not work from other programs
I am having a problem sending email when trying to send from another program. I can send email from Outlook by clicking on the paperclip but if I go into Word or Excel and send as attachment it pops up the box and when I click on Send nothing happens and it does not go. Have tried deleing the normal.dot and doing repair and same thing. Running Outlook 2003 Thanks Norman Describe in complete and accurate detail what you mean. Include how you have Outlook configured and whether it is running. Never have I seen a paperclip that sends mail. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "No...

Reconciling bank with Money
I have just switched from Quicken to Money and I am confused about something. When I have finished downloading my bank's transactions, inevitably the bank's current balance doesn't match my own, because there are some transactions that haven't cleared the bank yet. This is what I would expect-- fair enough. In Quicken I was able to "reconcile" so that the application would immediately be able to tell me that my balance and the bank's balance matched, when taking into consideration the transactions I had listed which hadn't cleared the bank yet. Th...

Money 2005 #21
I download from TDCanadatrust into Money & it is saved as a OFC file. Money will not load it. I went to folder options & changed the exchange to OFC but it still doesn't work. I think this is TD's problem. Any ideas..Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Randy wrote: >I download from TDCanadatrust into Money & it is saved as a OFC file. Money >will not load it. I went to folder options & changed the exchange to OFC but >it still doesn't work. I think this is TD's problem. Any ideas..Thanks Are there other options? If OFX or QIF is not an option, try ...

Money 2002 does not run
I upgraded the Op System from Win 2000 Professional to Win XP Professional and can no longer run Money 2002 from directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\msmoney.exe" Help! Is ist wise to try to upgrade now?? Rob In microsoft.public.money, Rob wrote: >I upgraded the Op System from Win 2000 Professional to >Win XP Professional and can no longer run Money 2002 from >directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft >Money\System\msmoney.exe" See http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=2002+sp2+&num=30&as_scoring=r&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Goog...

Microsoft Money Portfolio
I am able to use the Investment Toolbox Portfolio Manager with no problems. When I try to use the Portfolio Manager Preview all I get is a single line showing a Grand total of zero. Can anyone help me figure out what is going on or what I am doing wrong? I'm using Vista 64 bit, HP computer with an AMD processor, 6 Gig RAM. Thanks. James In microsoft.public.money, James@nowhere.com wrote: >I am able to use the Investment Toolbox Portfolio Manager with no >problems. When I try to use the Portfolio Manager Preview all I get >is a single line showing a Grand total of zero. >...

money 04 and xp sp2
Since installing sp2 for xp home, I cannot get quotes in MONEY unless I disable the firewall that came with sp2. Any other workarounds such that I don't have to disable the firewall? In microsoft.public.money, armen wrote: >Since installing sp2 for xp home, I cannot get quotes in >MONEY unless I disable the firewall that came with sp2. >Any other workarounds such that I don't have to disable >the firewall? In the control panel, Windows Firewall has an Exceptions tab and an Add button. I am not familiar with making the changes, but it looks relevant. I didn'...

Code to automate Calendar options/add holidays
Can someone help me to get a code(any language) to automate below mentioned tasks? 1.Select Calendar Options, and under Calendar options, click Add Holidays. 2.Select the check box next to 'South Africa' . You may Uncheck other Boxes as necessary. You may add holidays of other countries by checking the box as needed. Regards, Zamsheer Sendkeys? If you want to eliminate the need to browse the long list of countries, you can edit the outlook.hol file in notepad and delete all of the countries that users are unlikely to need then email the file. Users dou...

How to I assign some bytes in hex to a byte array
Hi! If I have some bytes that are represented in hex like this. 12, bd,8f,7e,4e,4d. How do I assign all these bytes to a byte array ? If the bytes were represented in decimal I would have been able to use this statement byte[] myBytes = new byte[]{ here I could have specified all the bytes with comma in between }; But now when I have hex it's not possible. I could translate the hax value into decimal but I hope there must be a better way. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OVyOOzU4KHA.5588@TK2MSFTNGP06.ph...

Assigning letter for numerical value
want to assign a letter or number based on calculated value (much like a grading scale.) If calc value is: ..0 to .25= I ..26 to .50= H .. .. .. final one >5.1 =A can you do as an array beside doing the If > and < formula thx Use the =VLOOKUP() function -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Reno" wrote: > want to assign a letter or number based on calculated value (much like a > grading scale.) If calc value is: > .0 to .25= I > .26 to .50= H > . > . > . > final one >5.1 =A > > can you do as an array b...

Code help needed for Option Buttons to control Subs
I have a User form with (20) option buttons on it. It does what I want by only being able to check 1 option button. Option Button Names: OB_601 OB_602 - OB_619 OB_620 What I need help with is when user checks the correct option button, that button exicutes code located in a module. Code in Module: There are (20) Subs named like below Sub String_01() Sub String_02() - Sub String_19() Sub String_20() I think the code for each Option button is something like this, because there default position is False and they only show true when selected. If OB_601 = True the...

Conflict resolution option not available
Hi When on a replicated databate I try to resolve conflicts with the replication master using the Tools->Replication->Resolve Conflicts menu option I get nothing. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Many Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in news:uvYwsNmGIHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > When on a replicated databate I try to resolve conflicts with the > replication master using the Tools->Replication->Resolve Conflicts > menu option I get nothing. What is the problem and how can I fix > it? Are you using a Replica...

why can't I click on the trendline option in my chart?
I've made my chart, but the option of the trendline can't be clicked, what can be wrong with the chart? what type of chart is it? And when you make a simple line chart do you have the Trendline option? "Jo" wrote: > I've made my chart, but the option of the trendline can't be clicked, what > can be wrong with the chart? ...

Calendar year option in FRx Reporter Column header
Please add a code that allows you to populate the Calendar year in the header of the FRx Report column layout. It is important for non-profits and others who have subsidiaries working on a different fiscal year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

Edit > Find option mysteriously malfunctioning
I have a file in which the Edit > Find (i.e., using Cntrl + F) function seems to not be working. I can copy a cell, then paste the exact values in the find box, but then when I hit "Find all" or "Find next" the cell is not found. The match case and match entire cell contents boxes are NOT checked, and the standard options show below are what is displayed. I am using excel 2007. Any thoughts on what may be causing this problem? Thanks for any suggestions. "Within: Sheet" "Search: by rows" "Look in: formulas" Dave K pretended : > I have...

Survival Guide for Microsoft Money users
An in-depth look at some of the options Microsoft Money users have now that the software is being abandoned: http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/columnist/krantz/2009-07-06-microsoft-money_N.htm ...

SOP Setup>Sales Document Setup options grayed out
Hello, I'd like to change some setup options on a sales document. When I go to SOP setup and select the Sales Document Setup button and select the document type I'd like to change then lookup the document type some options are grayed out. For example Allocate By and Use Separate Fulfillment are both grayed out and I'd like to change them. How to enable these options for a specific document type? Note that on some document types these options are available. TIA MP These options will be disabled for any document types with unposted transactions. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP M...

Money 1999 to 2004 file transfer
I want to transfer my Money file from a Money 1999 program running on a Windows 98SE machine to another machine in a home network that came with Money 2004 (from Dell). I have gone through opening the Money files, both on floppy and via the network. My Computer shows large files under Money 2004, but nothing comes up when I open the files within Money 2004. Am I missing a step or something? Tough to say because despite all you wrote it's tough to tell what you are doing and what is actually happening. Use you network to copy your .MNY data file from the Win98SE/M99 machine to...

text wrap options don't work
Suddenly, I'm having 2 problems with text wrapping I never had before. Situation 1: When I place an image overlapping a text box, the words do not move out of the way. The image (or another text box, I've tried that too) just sits there and blocks my view of the words in the first text box. I've tried clicking on the various text wrap options, but when I choose any of them (Square, Tight, Through, Top & Bottom, or None) it simply ignores me and acts as if I have chosen None for everything. Situation 2: For some images (perhaps the type of image makes a difference) onl...

Free Trial Ver Money/Purchased Essentials/Can't Access info entere
Help! I had been using the free trial version for about a month and a half and decided to purchase Essentials. I downloaded, installed, and brought it up after I installed it. Everything looked good. Today I tried to use Money and got the error message "Money Essentials is unable to open files from other versions of Money." Are they kidding? I spent hours getting all my information lined up so I could use Money and once I buy it, I can't access what I entered? Someone please help! I'm desperate! -- JD In microsoft.public.money, JD wrote: >Help! I had been using t...

Converting from Money 97 to Money 2002
I hope someone out there has a solution to my problem. I don't want to loose years of financial history because I purchased a new computer. I cannot seem to transfer a Money 97 file to Money 2002. Each time I try the results are the same no matter how I attempt to backup/restore the file. I get the following error message. Money cannot locate 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft "Money\Filename Backup.mn6' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I have tried and tried m...

Money 2006 not starting after signing process
Since yesterday (08-24-06) I am unbale to get into my Money 2006; it starts and asks for my e-mail and password in the 'Sign in to open your Money file' but after this a 'Microsoft Money Error Reporting' message shows stating an internal error and will have to restart the 'Error signature' shows: "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 15.0.0.513 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000" and a techical information file (C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\fdr2168.fdr) about the error report can be viewed. I will appreciate your help.... I need to check and p...

MSN Billpay and Money 2007
Does anyone know if Money 2007 will work with MSN billpay, I am trying to find somewhere that I can set up billpay, input my payment, transfers ect, directly into Money, and then connect and pay. My bank doesn't offer this, just online banking, and downloading into my money 2006. I was told several months ago that Money 2007 will work. But want to make sure before I buy it. I have no problem using MSN Bill Pay through Money 2007. "Keganje" <junkkeg@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eDwvxnqoGHA.1604@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if Money 2007 wil...

Using Money
Does anyone know how to create or change category GROUPS? Not cateagories but the groups in which they are assigned. This FAQ is treated in http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q20. "Martin" <mchoq@netzero.net> wrote in message news:00a401c39026$f9e7a250$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to create or change category GROUPS? > > Not cateagories but the groups in which they are assigned. ...

Need Money #2
You need fast money?????, visit http://dinero4ever.blogspot.com Now!!! ...