Opening Money Application--Internet Explorer 5 vs. IE 7

I am running Money 2001 on my XP and have never had a problem with it.  I
have not upgraded since I am about to purchase a new CPU and feel it would be
a waste.  Two weeks ago the program stopped opening and I got the message
"Money 2001 requires some components of IE 5 to function properly.  Please
reinstall Internet Explorer 5 so these components can be added."

My computer gets automatic updates and I did go to the update page but
didn't really see anything that had been download.  I really need some help
on this.   Thank you.

0
nspeed (8)
1/19/2008 5:57:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

Archive Money File
Need a little help. I've been using Money since it first came out many years ago. My .mny file is now 35,444KB after I archive all the transactions prior to 1/1/2004. I have bought and sold a lot of stocks, bonds, cars, etc. over the last 10 years or so. Is there any way to clear out the old "investment" transactions without affecting the networth history? Nope. For many reasons, archiving is lame and destructive and many of us recommend against it and do not do it ourselves. My file is well over 50 MB. I live with it and rather prefer that all of this historical ...

Incorrect formatting opening .csv file in Excel
When opening a database generated .csv file with the following data: "1","10E-024","1" Excel opens it incorrectly formatting the text as a scientific number: 1 1.0E-24 1 If I save the file as .txt, and open in excel using the import wizard, I can specify that the column should be text, and the item code 10E-024 appears correctly. However this is far from ideal, as it relies on a manual step and the file cannot be saved as .csv again - otherwise the same fault happens next time the file it opened. Is there a way of forcing Excel to open .csv files in raw da...

XslTransform in msword application with images
Hi, I transform XML data in an OutputStream which is open as a word document. All works fine excepted the images defined in the xsl file which are html links (src="images/image1.jpg"). So, when I save the word document in a particular place, the image can't be displayed cause the path is no good anymore. I would like to merge the images in the word document without any external html links. Any idea? aspx file : XslTransform xslt = new XslTransform(); xslt.Load(cvXSLChemin); xslt.Transform(xPathXMLData,null,Response.OutputStream,null); Response.ContentType = "Applicati...

Cant open PDF in OWA 2003
Hi, If I receive a PDF attachment from someone on my Exchange 2003 SP2 server I have to save it to the local disk to view it. However, if I receive a PDF attachment from the Internet I am able to view it right insde of the OWA window and don't have to save it to the local disk. Any ideas? Thanks If you're using Adobe Reader v6 or earlier, go to v7.0.9 or v8. We had a similar issue where people could not open a link to a PDF file from Outlook and updating Adobe Reader fixed it. Ray "poguemahone" <poguemahone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ACCC...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

Work out tithe in Money
I know I'm using a very old version but a brief search seems to suggest that the situation has not changed much since from 2001 so I'll still ask this question. Why does Microsoft Money not have a built in way of calculating tithe? I'm sure I'm not the only person left in the world that still believes that the first 10% of earnings should be given away (to God or whoever you believe it should go to). Is there a good way of calculating this in Money? All I want is an option that you can select which will total the total net income each month and calculate 10% of this va...

Money 99 #3
Changed from ISP to MSN Broadband, need to know how I can now get online updates. Will not connect! You've checked your Tools|Options|Connection settings? "David" <DJ1094@MSN.COM> wrote in message news:006201c39589$d4fbb630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Changed from ISP to MSN Broadband, need to know how I can > now get online updates. Will not connect! ...

Unable to open MDE file
Hi, I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access file. I receive the following error message "You cannot convert or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till yesterday. I haven't installed any software since yesterday which safely rules out any problems due to a third party software etc. Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem. Thanks , Nik Hopefully you still have access to the .mdb file from which the .mde was created. You don't state which version the .mde was created in. In any case, there's precious little you can do with one...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

subdocument will not open
Hello, I just finished a chapter of work today and was reorganising the master document and somehow word now thinks my subdocument is the master or something along those lines and will not open it. I can't open the subdocument on it's own. I keep getting the error message: subdocument cannot be inserted because it is the master document or because it contains the current master document as a subdocument. In my attempt to fix this I seem to have lost any mention of my subdocument within the master so now all I have is my subdocument file that will not open. Has anyone s...

Gradual migrate from 5.5 to 2003 on 2000 Server
Can I concurrently run a 5.5 Exchange server and a 2003 Exchange server on a 2000 server AD domain? Currently have: one 2000 AD domain w/100 users w/ two 5.5 exchange servers running on 2000 (member) servers. I would like to add 2003 exchange (temporarily) on either a 2000 (member)server or a new 2003 (member) server and gradually migrate my users to that server. Once all the users are cleared off the old servers, upgrade the old servers to Exchange 2003 and move back the users. A. Is this nuts? B. Can this be done? C. Licensing during migration? Exchange CALs? KenS wrote: > Can I concu...

conversion ? #5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5684A.7BCBCE70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do you convert Quicken 2005 Files to Money 2005 ?=20 ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5684A.7BCBCE70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <...

Tab box opens with all selected
On my forms when I move from tab to tab all the text is selected in the newly opened text box. Is there some way to have them open with out having everything selected? Thanks TES, Well, actually, you're "moving from control to control, using the Tab key"... which is the correct way to navigate a form. Try this in each text control's OnEnter and /or Click event. I'll use a control named [LastName] For Tabbing into a control... Private Sub LastName_Enter() LastName.SelLength = 0 End Sub For Mouse Clic...

Money 2006 Backup Settings
I use the "auto backup on close" feature to save backups to a small, 128MB USB flash drive. My problem is that even though I select the option to save only the most recent 'n' backups, Money will not delete old backups and pretty soon the drive is full. Is this an issue with Money 2006, or am I doing something wrong? -- Brett You have it set to only keep x backups ? Tools-options - backup settings - select 2 backups - and I assume that it should purge the rest - no ? "Brett Pantalone" <news.pantalone@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1fc83...

GP 9.0 should allow to pin the drop down like in 7.5
I would like to have the ability to pin down the drop down's in GP 9.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=14f8fd0c-6996-4412-8ddc-1ac7c5d6b45a&dg=micro...

Windows 7 and Windows XP VM: disk drive issue
The problem: I've installed Win 7 pro (64 bit) and the Win XP virtual machine (the one you have to download, not the "compatibility mode" included with Win 7). The computer is an HP m9425f with three hard drives -- no idea whether they are partitions of a single physical drive or separate. The drives are, naturally, C, D, and E. The DVD drive is F. The problem is that the Win XP VM can't see the D and E drives. It therefore assigns letter D to the DVD -- and then complains because it can't find the DVD drive. I've tried setting Win 7 to not tell the XP VM tha...

How Do I Turn Off Money 2006's Upgrade Spam?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6B6F5.B2647A90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Now that Money 2007 is out, Money 2006 burps out a series of two = exasperating pop-ups chiding me to upgrade. I thought that maybe after = blowing it away several times, it would graciously retire, but no. Is = there any way to turn off this spam? - John ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6B6F5.B2647A90 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable &l...

Controlling Print Defaults
I have several Excel workbooks that need to be printed (in order). I am trying to print them from Windows Explorer by selecting all of my files and printing from File + Print -- but -- because the default is to print only the current sheet, the entire workbook will not print. Any suggestions? Thank you. When I select File -> Print ... I have an option to print the Entire Workbook. I'm using Excel 2002. "Kim" wrote: > I have several Excel workbooks that need to be printed (in order). I am > trying to print them from Windows Explorer by selecting all of my f...

Combo Box to open report
Hi, I have a report which opens a query, based on the priority number (1,2 or 3). In the query criterira for Priority I have the following. <[Show all CP with priority <=] This brings up a prompt box when I open the report where I type 1, 2 or 3 to bring up the records with that priority. I want to change the caption to a combo box where I can select 1, 2, or 3 rather than typing it in, and also have the option to display ALL records. Can anyone help please? Thanks, B/ You cannot make Access prompt you with a combo box. However, you can create an unbound form with a combo ...

Averaging the last 5 entries in a row
I have 20 numbers in a row (G34:Z34) I would like to average the last 5 entries. So if I have 10 entries (G34:P34),I would only like to average (L34:P34) Which is the last 5 entered and continue on averaging the last 5 all the way to (Z34). -- Geo If there are no blank cells in-between you can use =AVERAGE(OFFSET($G$34,,COUNT($G$34:$Z$34)-1,,-5)) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:164E0790-0A4A-4150-9CA3-054B595CD13D@m...

Ganhar umas massas/Earn real money !!! #7
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

Application exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance not called neither destructors
Hey Friends It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called neither destructors. Plz Help "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307170549.7af528cf@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application > is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called > neither access violation? Dear Antonio Mazzeo I have corrected the problem,it was causing due to Splash Screen Compone...

Template #5
How do I start a database in excel? Does anyone have a blank template that I could atleast start with? On Feb 24, 6:28=A0pm, Holly <Ho...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I start a database in excel? Does anyone have a blank template tha= t I > could atleast start with? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx ...

A good program for keeping track of time...ie outlook timecard add on
Is there a good program for keeping time for jobs. I've used the appointment as a means for doing this for years, but this can be quite cumbersome as workflow gets more complicated. Looking for the next best method. I use outlook 2007 and quickbooks 2009. I've currently manually transfer info from outlook to quickbooks, then do billing. Any suggestions. I'm looking at timetrax, but interested in other input. Thanks. ...