Only one line in Money invoice

I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices.
This program has run with no problems for some time.
However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice.
I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the
additional items, but when printed only one item will show up.
I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program
and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the
program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs.
Strangely, I have now installed the same program and the same backup on a
friend's computer, just to see, and the fault is not present.
Is there some hidden file, not removed during the uninstall process, that
feeds this fault through the uninstall/reinstall so that it recurs?
Any advice welcome.
0
flyernzl (3)
2/25/2008 11:06:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?B?Zmx5ZXJuemw=?= <flyernzl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
25 Feb 2008 in group microsoft.public.money:

> I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print
> invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time.
> However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the
> invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will
> show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show
> up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting
> the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer,
> reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault
> immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the same program
> and the same backup on a friend's computer, just to see, and the
> fault is not present. Is there some hidden file, not removed during
> the uninstall process, that feeds this fault through the
> uninstall/reinstall so that it recurs? Any advice welcome.

Did you recently edit the invoice layout?

Invoices are an ongoing problem. The editor is awful, and it regularly
fouls up the formatting. If you make any change other than enabling or
disabling the built-in fields, you may not be able to even exit the
program. Microsoft has neglected to correct these problems in the last
several releases.

Some people have had good luck editing the layouts with other editors. I
made a few changes with Notepad awhile back, but you better be good with
HTML if you want to do this. The data files are in an odd place, and I
can't tell you where, because I'm away from my PC with Money.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement
0
respond1 (207)
2/26/2008 4:33:57 PM
Thanks for the response.
Yes, I have made up a personalized invoice, which works well.
The problem outlined above occurs whatever invoice layout is selected,
standard or personalized.
I suspect the problem persists because the uninstaller does not in fact
delete every file from the computers system, and some retained file is
carrying the error forward to the new install. This is why the error does not
occur when I have installed Money and the data backup file on my friends
machine - there is no file carried forward in that instance.
But I do need to identify that file!
0
flyernzl (3)
2/27/2008 8:30:02 AM
=?Utf-8?B?Zmx5ZXJuemw=?= <flyernzl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
27 Feb 2008 in group microsoft.public.money:

> Thanks for the response.
> Yes, I have made up a personalized invoice, which works well.
> The problem outlined above occurs whatever invoice layout is
> selected, standard or personalized.
> I suspect the problem persists because the uninstaller does not in
> fact delete every file from the computers system, and some retained
> file is carrying the error forward to the new install. This is why
> the error does not occur when I have installed Money and the data
> backup file on my friends machine - there is no file carried forward
> in that instance. But I do need to identify that file!

Very few uninstallers delete *every* trace of the program.

I would start by deleting the folder where the invoices are stored. By
default it's:

c:\\documents and settings\all users\application data\microsoft\money
\16.0\invoice

(the 16.0 varies by version)

The invoice templates are stored here with cryptic names. A file named
something like
    	2007invoice.ntd
is a directory of sorts, linking the displayed names to the file names.

If cleaning up that area doesn't work, you can try cleaning the
registry. Do a search for keys with the word "money", and delete them as
appropriate. This is trial and error, and there's no guarantee what
you're looking for has "money" in the name. Don't delete things you
can't figure out. Make a backup of the registry first, in case you
delete something that you shouldn't.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

Money 05 Cash Flow Question
I have recently started using Ms Money 05 and I have a problem with the cash flow forecast. I have setup my budget as well as the bills and deposits. We use our credit card to purchase all of our day to day items due to the fact we get cash back from the credit card. We also pay the balance off every month from our checking account. All of the items in the budget reflect the correct account they come out of including the day to day items coming out of the credit card account. However in the cash flow forecast the average of the accounts is correct, but the accounts themselves are no...

Multiple Unrelated Queries In One Report or Form?
Hey guys, I posted this question earlier but it doesn't seem to have appeared in the forum for whatever reason so I'm having to repost. I'm trying to generate a report for my boss that shows the number of orders placed for each month over the past year as well as the value of those orders. However, I also need to show to number and value of purchase orders, quotes, enquiries and discrepancy reports. The individual queries are all straight forward and they're not what's taxing me. The problem is that they are all unrelated and I don't know how to get...

One click to select a newly create account from a Lookup form
On the Case form, when you look up a Customer you have the option to click New. If New is clicked and a new Account (or Contact) is created, is it possible to link the Account straight back to the form when the Save & Close button is clicked. Rather than having to select the newly created Account from the Lookup up form, the account is selected automatically and the lookup form is closed. This CRM implemenation is for a call centre and they must minimse the amount of clicks to perform certain actions. This is a CRM 4.0 implementation. Is this possible with JScript, or by any other means...

Grrr...Budget and Debt in Money 2004
Whenever I create a new budget, things seem to be just right. In the "Enter Your Expenses" screen of creating a new budget, all of my loan payments (car, house, studen loans) show up under the budget group Debt. These are scheduled monthly bills to the mortgage company, banks for the car loans, student loans, etc. They showed up here automatically as I would expect. Now, whenever I finish the budget and then go in to look at my current status against the budget, things get very bizarre. When I'm looking at my actuals vs. my budgeted amounts I see a "Special" budget...

MONEY vs QUICKEN
Has anyone ever converted QUICKEN files to MONEY, if so, is it difficult ? thank you all It is built into Money but one version back. So M2004 can't convert Q2004 but can handle Q2003. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com. "Joe" <joelopes1962@sprint.ca> wrote in message news:2557101c4605b$0e3f5ae0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone ever con...

microsoft money 2006 deluxe wont update my info
i have had microsoft money 2006 deluxe and i uploaded it to a new computer, comp 2, well i had been using a different computer, comp 1, but for some reason the information that i inputed on comp 1 will not come up on comp 2. The program is doing its back up when i log off of the program but when i log into comp 2 as i said all the infromation that i added to my account while on comp 1 is not there. could someone tell me if i have done something wrong or how to get the program on comp 2 up to date without having to enter all the info back into it. IF Windows Vista, THEN DO NOT STORE ...

I purchased Money from the trial before I had to do a system reloa
How do I get a full-blown version without having to pay for it again? ...

How do I get the lines to stop printing in my pictures?
I am printing a brochure and I have lines going through my picutre. You can't see them until you print the brochure. I have gone into the formatting options and on color and lines I have taken out the lines but as soon as I get out of the options the lines come back. How can I keep them out of the picture? Could be your picture is corrupt. See if re-inserting it helps. Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site. What version Publisher? Is the brochure a template or are you creating from scratch? I am not sure this article is helpful in your situation...

Money file won't open
I've recently migrated from Quicken to Money 2005 and it has opened just fine until today. Now I get a screen saying Money will update make a copy of my file and then update it with the latest improvements, but I can't get the file to open - and I do have the correct password. What do I have to do to get my file back? In microsoft.public.money, Windwatcher wrote: >I've recently migrated from Quicken to Money 2005 and it has opened just >fine until today. Now I get a screen saying Money will update make a copy >of my file and then update it with the latest impr...

Help converting Money 99 files to Money 2006
Can anyone help me convert files created in Money 99 into the new Money 2006 that I just payed for today? I've got so much information in the Money 99 and I really don't want to lose it all or have to recreate it all. Here are the error messages that I get: When the program first opens and tries to access the old files: "'File Name' may be corrupted or is not a Money file. If you chose the correct file and it would not open, you can try to repair this file or restore a recent backup file. To do this, click OK and then follow the instructions on the screen. I...

Exclude one calendar from being sychronized with Exchange Server
Hello Is it possible to exclude one Outlook calendar (folder) from being sychronized with the Exchange Server? Suppose I have two Outlook calendars set up: one for work-related appointments, one for private appointments. Now, I would like have my work calendar to be sychronized with the Exchange Server at work, but not the private calendar. Is that possible? System: - Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 - Exchange Server 2003 (I cannot change anything on the Exchange Server) Thank you Sagi Hello, I don't think it is possible within the Exchange-Mailbox-account in Outlook, but you could ...

macro for inserting one row between different data
Hi, I am using excel 2003, my file looks like below order no invoice no amount 123 S1000 $10 234 S1000 $20 456 S1001 $30 123 S1001 $40 I want to use a macro to insert a blank row to separate different invoice no, how to write it ? Thanks eva cheng Hi, I have assumed your invoice numbers are in column B Sub Insert_Rows() 'insert a row at every name change in a column B Dim X As Long Set Sht = Sheets("Sheet1") MyColumn = "B" For X = Sht.Cells(Rows.Count, ...

how does one convert a publisher file into a jpeg or gif file for.
for recipients with older email versions, such as Outlook 2000? I need to convert a multiple page publication, not just the first page. >-----Original Message----- >for recipients with older email versions, such as Outlook 2000? >I need to convert a multiple page publication, not just the first page. >. > Your question is puzzling. First you are rambling about convert "publisher file into a jpeg." If you are using Publisher 2003, choose Save as from the File drop down menu and in Save as type box, scroll down to JPEG File Interchange Format (* .jpg). I have no ide...

moving data from one server to another with difference in collatio
Hi all I am facing a problem...which is summed up as follows...I am moving data from one server to another....they both have GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 installed on same plateform..however the SQL collation is different...the new server has Arabic collation which we want it to be like this...and the old server has English collation...so taking a backup and restoring it won't work...so I used DTS to transfer the data and I succeeded up to this step....however when I try to logon on GP with the ‘sa’ user...I get this error “Your SQL Server Login record is not a valid user record in great p...

Line Chart x
Hi I want have my excel line charts updating automatically when new data is added every quarter. I also want the x – axis display as e.g. 2008Q1 or Q1 dec – 2008. I have at the moment mmm-yyyy, so it is in date formula so it updates automatically, however when a second axis e.g. Q1 is underneath it either won’t allow me to update automatically or there will be a large amount of blank space representing where I have chosen the source data to go to. So is it possible to have two x –axis one date and one text or to have one x – axis displaying date and text on charts that will automaticall...

Money 2003
I have been using money 2003 deluxe and business version for personal use with no business related data or accounts in the money file. Now,If I want to install and use 2004 money version, can 2004 deluxe version import 2003 deluxe&busines version money file or do I have to use premium version? Which 2004 version can read this 2003 money file? Help appreciated. OP Any of the 2004 versions should be able to convert this file, but of course, business information that you've entered will not be available. You should also get a message upon conversion that you are converting a busines...

Handling inventory for locations inside one store
Hi everyone, It's doing my head in trying to work this out. I want to set up POS to maintain an inventory of items within the one store in different locations. For example, take a supply of identical phone cards. Some may be kept in the safe, others in the manager's office, and some in each cash drawer. As soon as a POS terminal runs out, it will retrieve more from another location - the safe, or maybe the POS next to it, etc. The only way I could think of approaching this is have different item entiries for each location and update the invenotory for each item (location) each...

Off-line Register
Hi, We have a store with 2 registers, we need to be able to have a 3rd one that we can use off-line. We sometimes go on the road with some inventory and we need to be able to sell it, give receipts, take payments and when back in the store, sync all the sales and inventory with the main database. Does anyone knows what is the easiest way to do this? does the Mobile suite from New West Technologies works?, Where does the mobile cashier prints the receips when off'line? any ideas? Thanks, Sacha 1. Create a local db (using server "(local)") for off-line use. 2. Configur...

Format paragraphs and keep last line with same line space
I use shift-enter to end a line until I get to the end of a paragraph when I press Enter/ Return. This results in both display and print copies with a larger line space for the last line of the paragraph and makes the whole thing look uneven. How can I make each line space within this paragraph to be the same? Instead of using the shift-enter, why not just set your text box up to the proper width and allow the text to wrap accordingly? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Cyprus Harry" <Cyprus Harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F32306F-F5...

automatically copy a line in word
I am using MS office 7. I wish to set up a template which allows me to write a one off letter to a client. Within the letter I wish to customize the odd line or paragraph which will then be automatically repeated at a specific point further down the document. I can do this to a degree using mail merge but its something of a phaf so is there a way I can use, say, ‘quick parts’ in the insert ribbon to do the same? Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Office 2007? (That's actually Office "12", I believe.) I'll assume you're talking about Word. ...

Money 2001
I have recently moved to Papua New Guinea and have set up my local accounts on Money 2001. I have added the local currency - PGK kina to the currencies but when I try to download my bank statements I get this error box message: Import Completed Your file import was completed, but 1 item could not be processed... File import X Your statement contained a default currency (PGK) which was unrelated to the currency of the account "Westpac PNG Cheque". Money does not support statements containing unrelated default currencies. I was dowloading the file in OFX format. QIF files work...

How to delete all invoices and payments in Payables
I just want to start over. I turned off the posting/posting affect GL I was entering our beginning balances in A/P for this fiscal yr (about 7 months of data). I entered all the invoices and then entered manual payments against them. I even created some, to use as test data when trying to make it work with existing check stock. Then I realized distributions were wrong. I voided historical transactions. I voided open transactions. But there are a bunch it won't let me void (they aren't on hold - but may be partially applied). When I try to create new payments to complete applicati...

Is Money 2004 Multiuser?
Hey Everyone, I've been an avid Quicken user for the last 6 years, but have been getting more and more dissappointed with the newest quicken. One big dissappointment is that Quicken is NOT mutiuser friendly. I use a desktop and a laptop, and want to have the data on a network share. This works, but barely, under quicken. This, and a number of other reasons, I'm looking into Money 2004. Does anyone know if Money will let me easily store the data on the network where I can access it either through my laptop or desktop? Thanks in advance, John In microsoft.public.money, John...

Separated data in one column to multiple columns
Howdy Excel experts, I have one big column of data, each chunk of values separated by a space of blank cells. I'd like to take all the data chunks and put them each in their own column, beginning at the top of the worksheet. Basically taking one long column of data and transforming it into a shorter, wider worksheet. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help! Use Data | Text to Columns best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <leenathan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151688672.527874.317430@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &g...

Creating a chart that displays two cell references as one data po.
Please put your question in the body of the post rather than the subject. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Carla K" <Carla K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB3ED852-A22D-4D70-AA0A-70169F5D65B7@microsoft.com... > ...