online update fails, money 2004

Running Windows XP w/SP1, Ie 6.0 that claims 128bit cipher strength, and
Money 2004 v12.0

When  I go to the link provided there are only updates for IE5.5 and older,
any ideas?

Damon
Damon@nospam.nospam.really-nospam.Achey.Net

---------------------------
Microsoft Money
---------------------------
Money was unable to establish a secure connection to the server due to a
problem with the security components on your machine. <br><br>This error is
often caused by an older version of Microsoft Strong Encryption.  You can
obtain the latest version of strong encryption from <a
HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/money/security>http://www.microsoft.com/money/
security</a>. (OFXIE12157)
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

0
damon1 (1)
10/28/2003 9:59:56 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I have a very similar problem but haven't received any
replies to my question either

0
anonymous (74722)

What happen to Money Express?
Can anyone tell me what happen to Money Express? I just bought a new computer and it came with Money 2005. I was using Money 2003. I was really dependent on Money Express to keep me informed when bills were due. Did Microsoft eliminate this feature? Or is it here but I just can find it? Is there something that has replaced it? I feel really lost without this feature. Can anyone shed some light on the subject? Thanks!!! Dan In order: Yes. Yes. No. No. Yes. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=162. "Dan Luciano" <dluciano@djlsoftware.com> wrote in message news:%2...

Updating links in PPT 2007
I have created a presentation in which I have movies and a PPTX in the same folder. I created a package and transferred it to a CD--but the links did not update like they were supposed to. I then deleted the files and copied them back in--still no joy. Now what? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01CAB914.B3F43150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Use the Package for CD, copy to folder option, and then copy the files = to your CD and see if that does not work for you. You mig...

Upgrade Mac MSO v.X To Mac MSO 2004 To Mac MSO 2008
I own a G4 iMac 15-inch which runs 10.4.11. I plan to purchase an Intel iMac 24-inch soon. I am a registered user of MSO v.X. I wish to purchase the MSO 2004 upgrade at the discounted upgrade price which often sells for $203.99. Then I wish to upgrade MSO 2004 to MSO 2008 for the $6.99 upgrade price. Does my MSO v.X version qualify for the MSO 2004 upgrade price? Will the MSO 2004 installer recognize my MSO v.X installation as a qualifying upgradeable package? Is my MSO v.X to MSO 2008 upgrade path legitimate? On a sidebar, I plan to perform a fresh installation of MSO 2008 on the Inte...

Backup fails after deletion of one mailbox store
Hi NG, I run an exchange 2000 enterprise server with 3 mailbox stores in one storage group. For performance reasons, I moved the mailboxes from one mailbox store to the others and deleted the empty mail box store. Then I have started a backup of this storage group. The backup failed with error messages: Information Store (2600) c38d1420-2118-4ff6-9e01-80ce95167d7e: Die Sicherung von Datei Priv2.edb wird beendet. Nicht alle Daten in der Datei konnten gelesen werden (330301440 Bytes gelesen von 33485303808 Bytes). Information Store (2600) Fehler (-1203) w=E4hrend der Sicherung einer Datenbank...

MS Money recommendation
Hello All.. I'm English, living in S.Korea, and using GBP, Korean won, Japanese Yen & USD. I have online bank accounts in England & S.Korea. I'm looking into buying a software product which will consolidate my finances personally & for a small business. Would any of the Microsoft Money products suit my needs? I'd appreciate any recommendations anyone would have....thanks:) To what degree would you consider online banking and stock downloads important? Where are the institutions from which you would expect that? -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "Alistair&...

Money Deluxe 2007 SP1/SP2 Software Update On Vista Ultimate
After installing MM Deluxe 2007 on VISTA, I CANNOT get the automatic software update it runs when you open it for the first time to install. It seems to be working fine, gets as far as 99% on the download progress, pauses, and then pops up the "Money was unable to install the update" message. I know the internet connection is fine because if I bypass the software update, the MM 2007 Internet Updates\Update Now .. works fine with no problem (as does my IE7 if I open it at the same time the install is running). Here's all the things I've tried to get it to work: - R...

Money 2006 display
When using Money 98 the report Categories would display on the monitor in bold print and the Subcategories would display on the monitor in fine print. Good visually. When the report was printed out the Categories and Subcategories printed out the same.....great. Now with Money 2006 the Categories and Subcategories display the same as Money 98 on the monitor but when printed out they both print out in bold print and are not different as they might be. I've checked settings and can't find where I can make a change for the better. Any ideas, or is this the way things are ? I&...

Account History chart in Money 2005
I've just upgraded to Money 2005 and I can't find my favourite chart that I used to use in Money 2001. It was an account history over time line chart with multiple accounts and with each account represented by it's own line. I've found the report in 2005 that lets you view one report at a time as a line chart or multiple accounts added to together into a single line, but I can't find or cutomise a report so that it has a multiple accounts on multiple lines. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks Cash Flow Forecast? Susan "X201" <X201@clara.co.uk> wrote in me...

"Running Money On Zip Drive?"
Hi All, Does anyone run MS Money from their ZIP Drive? Thanks in advance. Jack I've used a Zip Drive for backups in the past, but (not specifically for Money files), found them too slow and unreliable. I certainly wouldn't run my second most important file purely on removable media though. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it...

generate new report in Money 2004 #2
How can I generate a new report in Money 2004. It seems that the only way to do it is modify a old report but I want to keep they old report. I want to generate a new report for 2006 but keep the old 2005 report. When I change the date on the old report it does not ask me if I want to save it. Any ideas. Thanks in advance In microsoft.public.money, marvo wrote: >How can I generate a new report in Money 2004. It seems that the only >way to do it is modify a old report but I want to keep they old report. In a report, you can save a version as a "Favorite". >I want to gen...

Why does Outlook 2004 forget passwords ?
I keep getting this problem, it's sporadic so I can't quite place my finger on what's actually causing it, but it forgets the passwords I've setup with my POP & hotmail accounts. Additionally, I reckon the same core-code for handling hotmail is used in Outlook as has been used in older versions of Outlook Express- because the same problems are exhibited. Steve ...

Help! Can't Import Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data into MS Money 2004 Standard
Hello, I have a relatively new Compaq Desktop (2.5 GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM). I have a Viewsonic Pocket PC and I wanted to use it to track my financial data so I purchased Money 2004 Standard. I tried several times to convert my Qucken Data (it's a big file--I've been using Quicken since 1995). My Quicken program is Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Anyway, the MS Money program started to convert and after a few minutes said: "Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing othe...

Money 2008 #3
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase this software in Canada, Microsoft is fraudulently advertising this product on the Canadian website, and they say it is just for the try out -- Thank You in Advance Merci a l'avance Martin As far as we know you can't. However with suitable USA address you can download but not get a physical copy. http://store.digitalriver.com/store/money/DisplayHelpPage -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not sp...

Money Plus #3
Can I install the trial version of Money Plus without uninstalling my current version of Money 2004? Yes. You'll have to follow the prompts carefully and pick a different location. "Don" <don87109@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:us8TvpFBIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Can I install the trial version of Money Plus without uninstalling my > current version of Money 2004? In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >Can I install the trial version of Money Plus without uninstalling my >current version of Money 2004? > You can have both 2004 and P...

Office 2004--what's the 3rd installation CD for?
I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac Mini. Everything seems to be working fine, but the installation process only required two of the three CDs. What's the third installation CD for, and if I didn't use it, am I missing anything from the installation? Hello, Maybe it's the CD for Virtual PC (if you have the professionnal version of MS Office) On 18/11/05 1:43, in article 1132274609.639685.321710@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "japanime" <gkardy@gmail.com> wrote: > I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac ...

SAVE AS ONLINE EXCEL
On this form, http://www.sos.state.ga.us/archives/who_are_we/rims/forms/Media_Transfer_Form.xls, when you are typing in a cell, and you do not hit enter, leaving the cell active, and go to File>Save As to try to save the file, it will not allow you. But if you attempt the same thing in an excel sheet opened offline (in MS excel), it allows you to save as. Can this be changed, or is it just how it works on the web? ...

Asset Allocation Downloads in 2004 Deluxe Only Partially Working
When mutual fund prices are downloaded in Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe, the funds asset allocation percentages for bonds, cash and other are also updated. The percentages for small-caps, mid-caps and large-caps are not updated. It's very tedious to enter this information by hand. How can I activated net updates for these values? I don't think anybody knows an answer to this or your previous post, same subject. "Ray" <ray@wijiji.net> wrote in message news:ucZzAzHZDHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When mutual fund prices are downloaded in Microsoft Money 2004 Delux...

I want buy Money 2008...
....but I want use my old file mny Money 2000 "ITALIANO". Money 2008 US can't convert file Money2000ITA but it can convert only US old version. Exist a converter "international"??? Thanx - Claudio P. Exporting to .qif file from Money 2000 and importing into Money 2008 should work. It did when I converted my Money 2005 French to Money2008 US. "Claudio P." <cldparisi@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:aecde3b2-9f9a-4eaa-9346-9978d2ac05c0@p20g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > ...but I want use my old file mny Money 2000 "ITALIANO". ...

Windows Update
When I go to update windows it tells me that I need to update a few files. But when I go to install it says that the computer is waiting for a reboot. But everytime I reboot and go through the same process it displays the same message. Any Ideas? Thanks Try posting in a Windows group, perhaps? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, George consula asked:...

Language changes after update query
I have a data entry form where the user fills out text, numerical data, dates, etc. I created a button in the same form that runs a macro in background containing several update queries. At least 1 record changes from English to some other kind of language or font but it looks like Japanese or Chinese characters. I can't figure out why this happens and only on the that 1 macro. I would very much appreciate your input. TIA On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:10:01 -0800, Y2 <Y2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a data entry form where the user fills out text, numerical data, ...

Money 2002 opening MOney 2003 file
Hi I have Money 2002 at home but then I have been working on my file with Money 2003 in the office. Now I can't open up the Moeny 2003 file with the 2002 version It asks me for a password and i never put in a password. please help! Please send reply to my email. thanks! You cannot open a 2003 file with 2002. The file is not backwards compatible. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.a...

Getting form expression results to update to table.
The totals from the expressions in a couple fields on the form don't update to the table. They (the expressions) work correctly in the form, but they (the results of the expressions) don't appear on the table after clicking Update All. Does anyone know how ot fix this? Hi Peg, First, forms don't contain fields. They contain controls (most commonly textboxes) which may or may not be bound to fields in the form's recordsource. If they are bound to a field, changing the data in the form will change the underlying field in a table (unless the form's recordsource ha...

sql table not updated after converting from a97
Are there any known problems regarding SQL tables not updating and not leaving any error message either? We have an Access application that was written in Access 97 that contains VB code that worked fine. It's now been converted to Access 2000. The process runs and doesn't return any errors, but when the table is checked for the upates (indicated in reports generated during the process) the updates aren't there. Can someone please shed some light as to what we need to do to fix this? Thanks, Sharon ...

Office Enterprise 2007 failed to reinstall
Enterprise was uninstalled with intention to reinstall after Outlook window failed to open. Installation from cd now gives "error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {837BF1EB-D770-94EB-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. I also tried safe mode with command prompt and still got the same results. Any ideas? Not knowing if you have a legal version,I can safely tell you the following Free phone support from MS for Office Enterprise customers. Please have all your needed documentation on hand including the VL and the Volume License holders number that ...

Personal Address book address will not change/update
Hello, I have Exchange 2000 and Outlook XP/2002. I have a personal address book. When I attempt to update the email address of an entry, it always returns to the original SMTP address. Is this a bug? Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Rich ...