Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002

In the past this function worked OK.  Recently, after
adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go
into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other
existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an
online update.  When I start adding the old stocks back,
it will update some, but not all.  I am forced to do this
unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update
done.  Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)
12/23/2003 8:09:17 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

try update on the money program.  in 2003 there
is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of
window.  select the "update now" and "money updates"

0
anonymous (74722)
12/23/2003 8:18:38 PM
Two things I've run into with the stock price updating
(although not documented that I can find).

There appears to be a limit to the number of stocks that
can be updated at one time.  Once you get to around 140
stocks to update, the price update download appears to
become very flakey.  I am doing the same thing you
mention, select a group and unselect another and do
several updates.  I've looked through the docs and queried
the knowledgebase, but I have not found what the limit is,
or how to work around it.

The other problem appears to be related to old ticker
symbols.  If you ask for a ticker that has is no longer
valid it appears to fail the entire download.

In both cases, I have not found a warning or error
indicating what the problem is.  I just started closely
watching the date of the last successful call for
the "Quotes, news, and exchange rates"

I would love to confirm these issues as fact and what, if
any, reasonable work arounds exist to download more stock
updates.  I feel it is important to track stocks that I
have sold to help me improve.  I use them to validate (or
not :-)) that the sell was the right decision.

-bobd-

0
anonymous (74722)
12/24/2003 9:07:29 AM
I noticed the problem with old ticker symbols, too.  And,
I expect the number of symbols tracked has something to
do with the problem.  on http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/
it suggests reloading Money 2003.  I am using 2002 but
will try reloading.  I am also considering changing to
Quicken.  As far as the "Money Updates"  this does not
seem to have any effect on the problem.

0
anonymous (74722)

Money 2005 has a mind of it's own
I am getting real frustrated with Money downloading stuuf to my file that I do not want. When I do an online update it downloads old payments from MSN Bill Pay that cause my balance to be way out of whack. I have to delete about 30 transcations, but next time they are ther again when I do an online update. I have the MSN update turned off, so I don't know why it keeps downloading them. It has also magically created 2 new AMEX accounts. They correspond to my 2 existing AMEX accounts, but Money has given them different account numbers. When I try and merge accounts, AMEX does not sho...

export/import stock price from/to Money
I used Money 2003 in Taiwan (not USA). The stock is not USA stock, so I don't use the on-line update stock price. Is there any method to export/import my stock price. Even write a program to do that, it's OK for me. Thanks. ...

Why are my RSS Feeds not updating
I have three Microsoft feeds, one is Microsoft At Home , one is Microsoft At Work and the last is MSNBC News. They are in my subscribed feeds list but do not update as they do on my desktop. Are they still listed as subscribed when you go to; Tools-> Account Settings...-> RSS Feeds If so, removing them and then adding them back might help to revive them. You can also export the RSS Feeds to an OPML file, remove the subscriptions and then import the OPML file again. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/406 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, C...

Need a help for updating many tables !
Hi, All ! I need a thought for hepl ! I have 4 tables related together through a field(ContNo). But there are some reasons, I use temporary value for recording ContNo field. After that I want to update the temporary value by new value. Is there any way to do this fastly ? I thought about using VBA Openrecordset for each Table and update ContNo field through a form. Any ideas to solve this problem ? Thanks for ur time. Luan On 9 May 2007 03:20:34 -0700, luanhoxung@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, All ! >I need a thought for hepl ! >I have 4 tables related together through a field(ContNo). >...

Windows says it can't check for updates!
I go to check manually - nothing! I have my settings on automatic updates. What do I do now? Kaz Kaz wrote: > I go to check manually - nothing! I have my settings on automatic > updates. What do I do now? Now? You come back and give some details on your operating system and whatever problem you are having (like "Windows _____ with Service Pack _" would be good, exact messages you get on-screen when you try to update, how you are trying to update in detail, anything you have tried in order to fix the problem yourself, etc.) ;-) If you need some he...

Update table with data from rows with previous dates from specifie
I need to update a table where if a row contains a specified stat value I need to change a date value to the date value of a row with the same subID but a different stat value. My primary question would be if I need a cursor to perform this operation or if it can be done without a cursor (Sql Server 2000 Tsql please). In the sample data below if a stat value is in ('A', 'E', 'U') I need to update that row - I need to update the date2 column with a date1 value from the closest row with the same subID but the stat is in ('N', 'R') and ...

Online history, more than 30 days?
I just started to use Money 2007, and successfully downloaded my banking history. It downloaded only the previous month, yet I know that the past six month are available from the bank. How do I request that money download more banking history? I tried downloading a .ofx from teh bank and importing that, but it seems to have made an aweful mess of the ledger with the final banking balances being way off. It seems cleaner if Money would just grab the old data. Any way? Thanks in advance. Mark Hello You have to shut the account off and reset it up if the information is there it will...

Publisher 2002 won't open or insert any pic files
Got new computer...running XP professional...reloaded my publisher 2002 and now it won't import any of my .eps, jpeg, files, etc. Dialog box comes up and asks what to convert the file from. It never did this before. Any ideas??? Have you installed the Publisher 2002 Service Releases. Sounds like you have not. go to http://officeupdate.microsoft.com -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>... > go to http://officeupdate.microsoft.com Or even to http://office.microsoft.com -- Ed Bennet...

how to update house value
How do I update the house value in money (04) without using an expense account in the transaction (for the difference)...or do you have to use one? And if you do, which one should it be?...but won't that throw out my income/expense reports? Thanks, LF On Jul 16, 2:25=A0am, LF <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I update the house value in money (04) without using an expense > account in the transaction (for the difference)...or do you have to use o= ne? > And if you do, which one should it be?...but won't that throw out my > income/expense reports? &...

Outlook 2002 sounds
I was running Outlook Express on WinXP. I installed OfficeXP and started using Outlook. Two problems - although sounds are enabled, I have no sounds, no new mail notification, etc. Also, the deleted and sent folders are empty even though I delete mail and send mail. Wassup? While researching my Outlook 2003 sounds issue, I possibly ran across your fix. Since you upgraded, you may need to uninstall and then reinstall the sound application. Not sure exactly how to do it, but I am sure the procedure is in the knowledgebase. Good Luck! >-----Original Message----- >I was running O...

Money 2006
I plan on opening an IRA and while it's not any of my most important decisions, which brokerages or investment firms have "full integration" with Money? Is it the same as with banks? I don't even know ... is the extent of integration for investing just telling it the symbol of what you own and it updates the prices/share? Or are there 'transactions' to download as well? Can someone tell me what their experience has been - and who it's been with? -- wanna email me? remove '%*%' In microsoft.public.money, Theorbo wrote: >I plan on opening...

Money 2001
I set up recently a "Line of Credit" account. The account is in debt but secured against my house. Long time ago I created a "Net worth" report that includes all accounts. LOC account box is also ticked but its balance is not getting included in the calculation - ie. my net worth is higher by the amount of debt in LOC account. Any ideas why is this account excluded from the "net worth" calculation? ...

Money 99 Quit Working
Yes, still using 99. Was working just fine last week, but now get, "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." View the error report and see, "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 7.5.16.1110 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 7e312b59". Uninstalled and reinstalled from CD and still get same message. Tried downloading M2005 to convert files so I can upgrade and 2005 cannot restore back up file. Tried repairing back up file to no avail. Tax time cometh, so help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Your Only FOREX Online Trading Portal. #2
Thousands of affiliates cannot be wrong! The Forex (currency trading) industry is the world's biggest market on earth, with a daily turnover of 2.5 trillion dollars! Forex-Affiliate.com joins forces with Easy-ForexT Trading Platform, a world leader in online currency trading... http://thegloballink.biz/news-easy-forex.html ...

Outlook 2002 does not retain password
My Outlook 2002 does not retain my passwords even after I check the save password or when edditing my email accounts? The following article may help... Your password is not retained in Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836664 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Jose" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e5a701c454f6$2fed8600$a001280a@phx.gbl... My Outlook 2002 does not retain my passwords even after I check the save password or when edditing my email accounts? ...

Update linked formulas between workbooks
We have 2 workbooks where staff enter daily totals. The totals in these 2 worksbooks need to be combined for a grand total. I created a formula that adds Day 1 of workbook1 to Day 1 of workbook2. However, we must save both workbooks, and close/reopen the one with the formula to update the total. I tried using Edit/Links but that didn't work. Any suggestions? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, Check that 'Update remote references' is checked un Tools|Options|Calculation. Cheers "lbabli" <lbabli.yke8y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

Outlook Address Book not updating.
We run Exchange 2003 SP2 and have Outlook 2000 and 2003 users. The Outlook 2003 users that run in cached mode don't get an updated version of the OAB. If they are turned onto non cached mode they are fine. If we then turn them back to cached mode it uses and old OAB. I have tried to do a send and receive > download address book, but it doesn't update. I also renamed the the udetails.OAB file and it then downloaded this old OAB. I checked the server and it updates the OAB at 4am veryday. I can't even see anything in the Excahnge event log to say the OAB is been done...

making money
IMPORTANT: This is not a rip-off; it is not indecent; it is not illegal; and it is virtually no risk -- it really works! If all the following instructions are Adhered to, you will receive extraordinary dividends. PLEASE NOTE; Please follow these directions EXACTLY, and $50,000 or more can be Yours in 20 to 60 days. This program remains successful because of the honesty and integrity of the participants. Please continue it's success by carefully adhering to the instructions. You will now become part of the Mail Order business. In this business your product is not solid and ...

Excel 2002 copy multiple rows to another worksheet
I have a database with 2000 rows of data, I want to copy and paste 25 non contiguous rows to another worksheet. I select the rows I want and when I press copy I get an error message that you connot copy multiple rows. Is there a work around method I can use so I do not have to copy each row separately. Harvey If you have a common criteria in your selection, there's probably a way to extract these lines dynamically in that other sheet. If so, you could try describing your db sheet set-up (the sheetname, what's the key col(s), in which row does data start, the expected extent...

Stock value on a given date
If i wanted to see what my stock value was on a given date, e.g. 01st July 2007 is it just a case of running an item value report for the required date? -- Philip Gass Donaghadee Garden Centre Philip, I think that to get an inventory value at some time in the past you must take the current inventory and undo all movement back to the date you wish. I don't think you would do this in Active Reports. You could do it in Crystal, but it would be a complicated and slow running report. I have not tried it yet, though we could use it around here. If there is a better way to get at...

duplicate deposits when importing bank xactions into Money
has anyone else experienced this? when i DL my xactions from the bank, Money takes my deposit and not only duplicates it, but also back dates the duplicate about 2 months, making it difficult to detect. anyone? anyone? thanks. Robin *who really doesn't think she's going crazy* In microsoft.public.money, Robin wrote: > >has anyone else experienced this? > >when i DL my xactions from the bank, Money takes my >deposit and not only duplicates it, but also back dates >the duplicate about 2 months, making it difficult to >detect. > >anyone? anyone...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Word Crashing after updates
hi, My office application was running great when I thought I would do a bit of housekeeping and update the software from the Mactopia website. Unfortunately i should have had my head examined instead as I should have guessed that linking to Microsoft would screw up my system. I down loaded all updates and did as the easy install suggested as I am not a computer expert and now all applications work except word. This is a bit disappointing as the software in the UK costs close on �400 ($600). Anybody know how to fix this and please bear in mind I am not a techy. Regards Chris Hi Chris, G...

Update dynamically appended MDI menu
I am trying to dynamically append a menu to MDI Doc/View's menu. Everything is ok except that the menu doesn't get refreshed till I move/minimize (etc.) the main App's window. Kindly suggest as to how to make it visible as soon as the child window gets visible. Seems AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); isn't working either :o( CMenu *pMainMenu = AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd->GetMenu(); // Assuming that we have a qualified CMenu object pointer // called 'pChildMenu', let's append it to the main menu: pMainMenu->AppendMenu(MF_STRING|MF_POPUP , (int...

Upgraded online
A while back, I received a notice in Money that my bank would require me to upgrade my Money - I don't remember if it was 2005, or 2006 - but in either case I upgraded to the standard version - I think 2005. The upgrade happened like an "in place" upgrade online - and I don't remember receiving a download file which I could reinstall if needed. My PC crashed hard last week, and I need to reinstall - I have my money data file, but not the install. I know I paid for it, and I have an old Money Serial number... How do I go about getting the install again? Any Ideas? ...