Online Quotes updating not working

Hi-

Almost every time I try to update my portfolio investment quotes online it
doesn't update them.  It says it updated them fine when I look at the report
but the prices and everything stay the same as before.  I have to do it like
3 or 4 times before it works and it takes forever to update so this is
really a pain.  I tried checking and unchecking the box that says don't
download investments that are not in my portfolio anymore but this doesn't
seem to help.  Any help would be REALLY appreciated as this is driving me
crazy.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

-Dan

--
------------------------------
SynapticVoid.com - Web site design solutions.

0
danorth (92)
11/26/2003 2:53:15 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You are doing good if it only takes 3 or 4 tries. I never could get it to
work.

Frank

"Dan Orth" <danorth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi-
>
> Almost every time I try to update my portfolio investment quotes online it
> doesn't update them.  It says it updated them fine when I look at the
report
> but the prices and everything stay the same as before.  I have to do it
like
> 3 or 4 times before it works and it takes forever to update so this is
> really a pain.  I tried checking and unchecking the box that says don't
> download investments that are not in my portfolio anymore but this doesn't
> seem to help.  Any help would be REALLY appreciated as this is driving me
> crazy.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
>
> -Dan
>
> --
> ------------------------------
> SynapticVoid.com - Web site design solutions.

0
FrankV (45)
11/26/2003 2:20:53 PM
That's not what I has hoping to hear :(  How did you get around it?  Or how
do you manage now?

-Dan

--
------------------------------

"FrankV" <FrankV@anonymous.address> wrote in message
> You are doing good if it only takes 3 or 4 tries. I never could get it to
> work.
>
> Frank
>
> "Dan Orth" <danorth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi-
> >
> > Almost every time I try to update my portfolio investment quotes online
it
> > doesn't update them.  It says it updated them fine when I look at the
> report
> > but the prices and everything stay the same as before.  I have to do it
> like
> > 3 or 4 times before it works and it takes forever to update so this is
> > really a pain.  I tried checking and unchecking the box that says don't
> > download investments that are not in my portfolio anymore but this
doesn't
> > seem to help.  Any help would be REALLY appreciated as this is driving
me
> > crazy.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
> >
> > -Dan
> >
> > --
> > ------------------------------
> > SynapticVoid.com - Web site design solutions.

0
danorth (92)
11/26/2003 9:45:09 PM
Wellll, you won't like my answer.

After spending $70 or whatever it was and many hours trying to get it to
work I finally gave up. I haven't used it in quite a while now.

Previously I always got what I wanted through http://moneycentral.msn.com/.
I thought money might be useful but I was wrong. I keep all my stocks
(current and sold) on moneycentral where it has all the financial data plus
current news for each stock.

> That's not what I has hoping to hear :(  How did you get around it?  Or
how
> do you manage now?
>
> -Dan
>
> --
> ------------------------------
> SynapticVoid.com - Web site design solutions.
>

> "FrankV" <FrankV@anonymous.address> wrote in message
> > You are doing good if it only takes 3 or 4 tries. I never could get it
> > work.
> >
> > Frank
> >
> > "Dan Orth" <danorth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi-
> > >
> > > Almost every time I try to update my portfolio investment quotes
online
> it
> > > doesn't update them.  It says it updated them fine when I look at the
> > report
> > > but the prices and everything stay the same as before.  I have to do
it
> > like
> > > 3 or 4 times before it works and it takes forever to update so this is
> > > really a pain.  I tried checking and unchecking the box that says
don't
> > > download investments that are not in my portfolio anymore but this
> doesn't
> > > seem to help.  Any help would be REALLY appreciated as this is driving
> me
> > > crazy.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
> > >
> > > -Dan
> > >
> > > --
> > > ------------------------------
> > > SynapticVoid.com - Web site design solutions.

0
FrankV (45)

Read Online Statement -- All the Time in Money 2006?
I just upgraded to Money 2006 from the '04 edition. It appears that it always wants me to "Read Online Statement" for all of my investment accounts, even though there's been no actual transactions in the funds. I think all that's changed is the price of the fund or stock for the day. I don't think earlier versions worked this way, and it seems odd that it asks mne to Read the Online Statement after doing nothing than grabbing the day's latest prices. Is this what everyone is experiencing, and am I the only way to find this odd? Thanks, Paul Pinella Radar Media G...

Outlook 2003 "Reply to All" not functioning
I have a particular end-user (User 1) who is receiving e-mails from another end-user (User 2) within the same Exchange 2003 domain. The problem is the following: User 1 receives an e-mail from User 2, User 1 is CCed in this message from User 2. User 1 wants to "Reply to All," however, User 2 does not show up whenever "Reply to All" is clicked in any of the address fields of the replying message. Both users are on Exchange 2003. User 1 is using Outlook 2003, while User 2 is using both Outlook 2003 and OWA 2003. This issue also occurs with User 2 whenever an external end-u...

Update Prices Online... not updating stock prices
Hi all, I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. In Money 2004 when I do a "Update prices Online" to update the prices of my stocks, this task runs to completion with out error but the actual stock prices are not updated. The "Read Call Summary Messages" for this task said it completed successfully. I even tried turning off my firewall. I went to "Update prices manually" and there was no new entries/prices for any of the stock. I verified my stocks still have the correct stock symbol listed. I also selected "Pick Quotes to Download" and...

Problems after kb890830 and kb978542 updates
After windows Vista installed kb890830 and kb978542 I noticed 4 problems so far. 1. MSN Service not available, error code: 800706b5. (This happened with previous updates and I fixed the issue by doing a system restore to a previous date.) 2.When I started internet explorer (ver 8.0.6001.18904) I got a message my default search engine was corrupted by another program. 3.I tried the usual system restore and found there were no restore points available 4. I had some unknown problem trying to log into this site. It kept giving a site not available message. I am running windows vis...

How to generate a truly empty cell
"" generates a zero-length string, not a truly empty cell. This is causing problems elsewhere. I'd like to find an output for an IF statement that will give me a truly empty cell. The current formula is: =IF(COUNT(C24:C29)>0,SUM(C24:C29),"") Any ideas? If it involves a macro (as I think it might, having read other posts), please explain how to implement it. Thanks! <This is causing problems elsewhere> It shouldn't. Don't use ISBLANK(A1), use A1="" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "paulkaye" <paulmjkaye@gm...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

Error on creating new quote from opportunitiy
When I try creating a new quote I'm getting an error. This action works on other opportunities, except for one. It's generating this error: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: ...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

XP Pro Sp3 DeviceMgr Q re "Non-Plug & Play Drivers"
I'll save a long winded description for now, but essentially as a result of a major trojan virus infection (now deemed clean by Trend Micro), serious damage was done to my network adapters (all showing yellow ! marks) and some of the non-plug and play drivers (e.g., AFD, IPSEC driver, TCP/IP Protocol Driver). My tech friend and the manuf. of the Mavell Yukon PCI/PCI-E controllers have already walked me thru trying to update the drivers from the Marvell site, so the next step seems to be to see if the non plug and play drivers are the underlying culprit. So my initial que...

Why doesn't indirect work with a dynamic range created using offse
Hi Has anyone else experienced this issue or I am doing something wrong. I have a series of dynamic range names defined using offset. For example the name USCities is defined as =offset(AA1,0,0,Counta(AA:AA),1) and the name Europeancities is defined as =offset(AB1,0,0,counta(AB:AB),1) In column A, dataentry into the cells is limited to USCities or Europeancities. In column B, I want to limit data entry to the range name appearing in column A. For example if USCities is selected in A1, data entry in cell B1 is to be limited to those cells forming the USCities range name. I have tri...

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

DLookup Not Working
I have a form i want to create a DLookup where I get the Last_Name on the tblUserNameTest when the field txtUser on the active form equals the User_IDon the tblUserNameTest table. I have this and it is not working what am I doing wrong? =DLookUp("[Last_Name]","tblUserNameTest","User_ID = " & [txtUser]) Whatever you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. lisa What data type is the field User_ID? Your code indicates it is a numeric data type. If txtUser is a form control on the current form, you should be qualifying it with either Me. or...

solution for "cannot empty the clipboard"
If you use remote desktop/terminal services, you may have seen the "cannot empty the clipboard" error. Then you cannot do anymore cutting and pasting. There have been many posts about this in the past, and I've seen suggestions about MS hotfixes, uninstalling Office, etc., but I haven't seen this solution, which worked for me: Go to Task Manager > Processes Look for "rdpclip.exe" End that process This is for the case where cutting and pasting works fine at first, but after a lot of cutting and pasting, you get the "cannot empty the clipboard" error. ...

ERROR: "The record you are requesting is currently unavailable"
CRM 3.0, using Web client, Windows Server 2003 SP1 for SBS. Have found no good solution for this problem I've been getting since installation couple days ago. When trying to create a new appointment, upon save get the error: "The record that you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the record was not found or you do not have sufficient security permissions to view it." Upon clicking "Ok" I get the error: "General failure in scheduling engine" with a "Ignore and Save" button which will save the appointment, but still marks the appointm...

Hyperlinks to pdfs and word documents are not working
My Access database was recently upgraded to Access 2007. Now all of the hyperlinks I have to pdfs and word documents are not working. In browsing "external data" I see that I can link to text files and excel files, etc. Please explain why my links to pdfs and word documents no longer are working and how I can fix them. -- Archivist Try to eplain a little more, what do you mean by not working? Do the links react but present you with some kind of warning. In what way were the links created. Have you set the directory where your files reside as trusted in the trus...

How do gift cards work?
I'm new to MS POS 2.0, so please forgive me if this is off base... I want to be able to sell and accept gift cards in my store. I do not want to use pre-loaded Visa cards, but rather just a custom card that I will have someone build for me. What is the right way to go about this? I'm thinking that I need to get cards with a unique code on their mag-stripe which I can register in MS POS 2.0 with an associated $ amount. Is this correct? MS POS doesn't support Gift Cards, only RMS. Craig "Randy M" <RandyMagnuson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23pJNqwRFI...

Match Duplicate Accounts doesn't work?
I just recently upgarded my Money 2004 to 2006 Deluxe. To take advantage of new features, I started setting up the online services for my checking account. I was able to have Money establish a connection w/ my bank and login w/ my supplied username and password. Then I got to the part where Money asks "Are you already keeping track of any of these accounts ..." - Yes - No - I'm not sure So, I select Yes because I have indeed already set up that account (and have many years worth of data in it!). Then I click thex Next buton whic...

Insert Trigger to Update Value of Column in Inserted Row
I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of a column in the inserted row with the value of a column from another database table. The table into which the row is inserted does not have a primary key match with the other database table. The two tables can be related through a join to a third table. "CarlC" <CarlC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834D03E6-84CA-4CF3-9781-12FA18713940@microsoft.com... >I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of >a > column in the inserted ...

Problem with "New Message to Contact"
I've created an Exchange public folder, which contains 50 contact folders. (This allows us to allow different regions access to just their customers.) I want to send a mail message to a group of customers. So I highlight all the contacts with e-mail addresses, go to the Actions menu and choose "New Message to Contact". I get the following error: "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user." I am the owner of the folder! This method works in a different Exchange public folder, just not in our customer folders. It does...

LDAP lookup not working with Outlook 2003
I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and notice that I could no longer resolve names via the LDAP server. I get always get a message that there are too many matches in the Internet Directory. This does not occur with Outlook 2002 or Outlook Express. With these two applications, the name is always resolved in less that 20 seconds. Any ideas? Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups...

turn off "Do not check spelling or grammar" in outlook
In doing a "Spell Check" in Outlook, I get the following message: "Spelling and grammar check complete. Text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar" was skipped." I never turned this on or indicated any text not to check, I'm working in a newly installed version of 2007. Thanks Bill Note: someone did answer this on Friday, but when I click on the link, I get a blank page, both at home and at the office? tinman wrote: > In doing a "Spell Check" in Outlook, I get the following message: "Spelling > and grammar check complete. Te...

MS Money won't update some accounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66FBD.344D48A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable OS: Windows XP Pro, all patches from MS up to date. ZoneAlarm firewall; = McAfee AV Sent the following message to MS support this afternoon: Purchased MS Money Premium 2006 off of the MS website about a year ago. = All was working well until about 4-6 weeks ago. Symptoms and = observations: --MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit = Union, ETrade) and=20 some credit cards ...

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

Using Exmerge in batch-mode doesn't work
Hi there, I want to "backup" the mailboxes from my Exchangeserver to pst-files with Exmerge. I seem to have the same problem though as more people seem to have with the Exmerge utility but I haven't seen any solutions yet :-(. If I walk through the Exmerge steps using the GUI everything seems to go allright. I get a list of mailboxes, I pick the ones I want to export to .pst en Exmerge does it's thing creating a bunch of perfectly healthy .pst's. When I want to use it in batch-mode using MAILBOXES.TXT containing the mailboxes I want to export, Exmerge logs it can...