Online Quotes don't work anymore

Online quotes stopped working yesterday.  I'm using MS
Money 2001 standard.  Any clues?
0
bob8323 (3)
8/1/2003 1:19:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

There was a glitch for a bit that seems to be cleared up now...

"Robert" <bob@flythrough.com> wrote in message
> Online quotes stopped working yesterday.  I'm using MS
> Money 2001 standard.  Any clues?

0
IonControl (95)
8/1/2003 7:12:29 AM
since.  Big problem for me.  Support has offered
suggestions but none work.  If I reinstall the program or
uncheck all the stocks and then select just a few it works
the first time I update but not thereafter.
0
patmd (3)
8/1/2003 8:12:27 AM
Nope - it's still down for me.  Last update was 7/26 at
3:52.  This happened before about a year ago - my guess
is that some update to Money changes the stock price
server to something that doesn't work.

0
bob8323 (3)
8/1/2003 10:44:10 PM
Turned out that it was my fault - I had earlier turned
on "keyword site blocking" for keyword "sex" on my router
and there must be the word "sex" somewhere in the site
that Money is trying to get quotes from.

0
bob8323 (3)

OWA Exch 2003 Not Working
I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to do http://127.0.0.1/Exchange and also http://servername/Exchange and I get the same message. Did OWA not install right. On 14 Mar, 13:01, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and > when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to dohttp://127.0.0.1/Exchangeand alsohttp://servername/Exchangeand I get the > same message. Did OWA no...

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

Cannot Update Prices Online
I can no longer updated prices online. I use 2003 stnd. When on Portfolio page, if i click on Update Prices on the left, the only option I now have is Update Prices Manually. There is no longer any option for Update Prices Online. Also, on the home page if I do click the Update Online Quotes link, all it does is refresh my related investment charts on the home page. This has worked with no problem as long as I can remember. I cannot think of any changes or updates I have made to the software or options... Standard Edition? In use for a year now? Read the License Agreement (Hel...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

How to install Exchange in an "Administrative Group"
I am running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 on a DC in my lab. Exchange is installed in the "First Administrative Group". Now I want to install a second Exchange 2003 Server in another "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". This is what I did: 1. Installed the second Exchange 2003 server in the "First Administrative Group". 2. Created the second "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". 3. Tried to move the second Exchange 2003 server into the "Midwest" Administrative Group. The problem was that I was not able to &q...

VBA Error Message "Compile Error...."
I used a macro from Ron's website to mail each worksheet to the email address in cell a1. I ran this macro and it worked perfectly for one workbook BUT... when I tried to use it for another workbook I got the follwing error message "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error Can't find project or library Ok Help". Help me please... do I have to check some more references in the VBA tools? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Have you set the reference to Outlook in that other workbook also ? You must do that in every workbook or you can use Late binding. See my site for a example --...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

we do not create seperate http virtual server anymore?
Hi all, Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:44:26 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual >server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I >remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. > >...

Color not working
I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am no longer able to format my cells with colors, either shading or text coloring. I have run the repair feature, but it didn't work. Bold, Underline, and similar functions still work. Please help. Thanks. CC Have a look at this: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am >no longer able to format my cells with colors, either >shading or text coloring....

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

Online Quotes don't work anymore
Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS Money 2001 standard. Any clues? There was a glitch for a bit that seems to be cleared up now... "Robert" <bob@flythrough.com> wrote in message news:069d01c357ca$e4ccc060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS > Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >-----Original Message----- >Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS >Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >. >I have the same issue. It worked the first time but not since. Big problem for m...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

"could not fetch new headers " ERROR
i get the error " could not fetch new headers in the inbox of IMA server.The operation was cancelled ", while using my outlook 2000 o win98se mach. config: smtp/imap thro internet mail a/c option pl try to provide solutions to it. the error message pops up say every 5 min whenever outlook is on. thnks n regards gir ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com aggiridharan <aggiridharan.149yy0@outlookforum.com> wrote: > i get the error " coul...

"This May Be Spam!"
We have an End User who, when sending to an individual at another company, has his email flagged "This May Be Spam!". (It's not Spam by any means - it is legit email). I vaguely recall this as being Exchange's way of marking what it feels is potential Spam and I believe the recipients organization is using Exchange. Can anyone confirm this? Thank you. GLT wrote: > We have an End User who, when sending to an individual at another > company, has his email flagged "This May Be Spam!". (It's not Spam by > any means - it is legit email). I vaguely recal...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Junk E-Mail filter unavailable in online mode
We had Outlook 2003 clients on an Exch 2000 server, and, as expected, the Junk E-Mail filter was not available when working in online mode. In cached mode it was working fine. Now, after upgrading the organization and server to Exch 2003, the Junk E-Mail filter is still not available in online mode. According to all the MS documentation this should be working. Any ideas? Thanks kindly, FV All of the documentation that I have know of says that it works on in Cache Mode. Can you give us a link to the documentation that you saw that shows it will work with online profiles? Thanks, -- Matth...

"Can't copy the items. You don't have permission ..."
I use OL 2003, latest service pack,etc. My PST file is about 1.2 GB and is Unicode-compatible. Lately Outlook shuts down suddenly without warning, and I have left checked the box to restart Outlook automatically. This is a big annoyance. However, in the last 2-3 days, I'm seeing a new kind of problem. I can't delete or move messages from mail folders. I get the message that is in the subject line, and the balance of this message is: ... to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder o...

[ANN] "Bend Word to your Will" -- April 2005 edition free download
Dear all, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ABOUT A *NON-COMMERCIAL* RESOURCE BASED IN PART ON ACCUMULATED ADVICE FROM THIS NEWSGROUP The latest version of my notes on Word -- titled "Bend Word to Your Will" -- is now available for downloading from the Word MVPs' site, http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/WordMac/Bend/BendWord.htm WHAT IS "BEND WORD TO YOUR WILL"? "Bend Word to Your Will" is not a commercial product for sale -- it's free. It's a dictionary-style (mainly) set of notes on Word that I've been continually adding to and polishing for the past four year...

AutoPreview works intermittently
Outlook 2002 SP2 Affected Inbox is connecting to an IMAP server AutoPreview set to 'Preview unread items' I am an IT technitian and I have a user who likes to have her unread mail items in her Inbox to use the AutoPreview feature. At one point I went to View/Current View/Customize Current View.../Other settings... and chose 'No AutoPreview' option. I recently restored the 'Preview unread items' option. Now, an email will only AutoPreview if: I manually mark a read email as unread (right clicking on email and choosing 'Mark As Unread') or: right clic...