Online banking trashes my Money File

Hi. This started happening last week. When I connect to the internet and
Money 2004 is either in the process of downloading my (many) active
statements it abends with the "Send Error Report" dialog box. When I
restart, I sometimes have to go through a second crash. When I eventually
view my accounts, I'm told I have statements to read but they aren't bolded,
so I can't see what they are. I do a file repair, and I crash when I try to
view my statements. It seems the only way to continue is to restore from a
backup file and
completely eliminate background backing.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,

--
Harold Morgan

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Data File
I am using 2007 and Vista Home 32 bit and very frequently when I open Outlook there is a balloon in the bottom right which says 'Last time there was a data file which did not close properly' or words to that effect and that MS is checking. Just live with it ? Or is there something I can do ? Thanks Sheena lucretiaborgia@fl.it wrote: > I am using 2007 and Vista Home 32 bit and very frequently when I open > Outlook there is a balloon in the bottom right which says 'Last time > there was a data file which did not close properly' or words to that > effect and that M...

Saving Excel File to a Network Drive
I am having an issue with saving Excel files, directly to a network share, from within Excel. I receive the following error message below: ############################################## The File could not be accessed. Try one of the following: Make sure the specified folder exists. Make sure the folder that contains the file is not read-only Make sure the file name does not contain any of the following characters: < > ? [ ] : | or * Make sure the file/path name doesn’t contain more than 218 characters ############################################## The root folder name...

Why does money 2005 have multiple categories for the same thing?And why does it keep spliting the food categories apart on me?
Take rent for example they have it in 2 places. On a side not why is food no longer have subcategories. The stupid restore categories breaks the food categories back apart even when explicitly place the subcategories before I do that. Its annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes it is. I'm not sure what all of the reasons are for this, but trying to eliminate subcategories to support the "Essential" "Less Typing" "Effortless way" seems part of the answer. Why it had to mangle existing data to do this is still a mystery. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q...

DataSet changes schema of XML file
I’d like to use the DataSet as the container for the XML files conforming to some schema. The problem is, that the operation of reading the XML file into the DataSet having its schema and then writing it back to the file makes it invalid, not obeying rules of this schema. Here is the simple test program performing this operation. __________________________________________________ using System; using System.Data; namespace DataSetTest { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { DataSet DS = new DataSet(); DS.ReadXmlSchema ("XMLSch...

Is there a best block size sending a ftp file with CInternetFile?
Hi, I am writting a program to send a file by FTP using CFtpConnection, the file will be over 1mb and I want to give the user feedback on how much has been sent and transfer rate. I am using CInternetFile::Write but was wondering is there a perfect chunk size when sending to acheive the best transfer rate. I am currently using 1024 bytes but have tried different sizes without any real effect. TIA Des. Not really. Since the actual block size transmitted is a function of the IP stack, the protocol, the network card, the various routers in between, etc. you can pretty much choose any size...

"draft Payments" in Bills & Deposits
Hey guys, longtime user of Money with a question on a strange occurance on Money 2004. Every now and then for absolutely no reason, I'll open Money to discover a friendly little Advisor FYI message in the upper right hand corner which says "You have electronic transactions that have not been sent." I click on it and then am shocked to see about 15 "phantom" payments that have somehow automatically been created. They each say, "There is a draft payment for this bill for $50.00"... or whatver the amount is. They're all monthly recurring bills, but ...

PST files will not open
PST file will not open after exporting from OutlookXP and Exchange 5.5 and trying to Import to OutlookXP and Exchange 2003. (although others have came across just fine, just 1 .pst file I am having trouble with!) I have successfully setup outlook and Exchange 2003, just cannot import one file! I exported all mail from exchange to each persons seperate .pst file, then made a CDR to move to the new server. Copied Mail files to Desktop and made sure it was NOT IN READ ONLY! All worked fine except one! PST file size is only 26mb I go to Import from another Program or file then sele...

XLB file size growing
Hi, Using Excel 2000 on Win XP pro and the file excel.xlb is growing each time I start and close Excel. The size started at 27kb but is now over 2mb. I'm not making any changes when loading and have several add-ins which I think is normal. The same happens if I delete the excel.xlb file and let Excel create another when closing down. Any ideas? Thanks, Rob I think you'd have to know the inner workings of excel to know why it's growing. And even if you had that knowledge, I'm not sure if you could stop it from happening. (But I've never seen the .xlb file gro...

newbie: how to check a string of XML against a DTD file...
given a string of text, how can i test whether it has integrity when verified with a DTD file on disk, as well as checking it's even a valid XML formatted string? Is this possible to do with the .Microsoft .Net DOM? Thanks! =o) Daniel. Daniel Bass wrote: > given a string of text, how can i test whether it has integrity when > verified with a DTD file on disk, as well as checking it's even a valid XML > formatted string? > > Is this possible to do with the .Microsoft .Net DOM? Read "Validation of XML with XmlValidatingReader" in .NET Framework Developer...

Importing file in to MS Access Table
Hello, I am a new user of MS Access and is completely new to this forum as well. I am looking for some help on my first application in access that I am designing. I am creating an MS Access 2003 application with VBA in front end and MS access database at the backend. I have a database in my table called employees and I would like to save a pdf or a doc file in the resume field of each employee record. I tried to upload the file using DAO but it only saves the file name as BLOB in the resume field inside the table and not its content. Can someone please advise me w...

Stop Downloading Statements in Money 2004
I don't want to download statements in Money 2004. I've tried to find somewhere to stop this, but everytime I stop the statement downloads, I stop online bill pay. Is it possible to seperate the two? ...

Excel file is too large even after it's empty
I deleted all sheets from my excel file. There are no VB codes associated with the excel file. I only have one sheet, with no data. However, the size of my file is still 2M. When I open an empty excel file, it's size is usually 80K Bytes. Why is my empty file too large? Why would you be concerned about the size of a Supposedly empty workbook. Delete the workbook and start a new one. >-----Original Message----- >I deleted all sheets from my excel file. >There are no VB codes associated with the excel file. >I only have one sheet, with no data. >However, the size of my f...

DAP
Hello, I would like to create a DAP and allow people a field where they could upload a word document. To make this easier they are responsible for placing this document in a folder on our network. Could we allow them to HYPERLINK to it from the DAP? I know the HYPERLINK feature works in a form. Is there another way? Suggestion? I would like to do this in a DAP without having to build an ASP/ASP.NET application . ...

Cant see pic files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C50D4F.FF350750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using Win Xp pro with office 2003. Using my own email templates I regularly send out emails. All image are in the template when I open a new email to send but as = soon as it goes into my sent folder I cant seem to see the images it = gives an error where the file is on the template. On the receiving end it works fine and others can see the images. I have = tested it my self by sending to my own h...

can't sign files bigger than 1 GB
Hello, I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this error message: "The Digital Signature wizard did not complete." Is there a size limitation for signing files with signtool? If yes, how can files bigger than 1 GB can be signed? Thank you in advanced. amatcovici wrote: > Hello, > > I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying > to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this &...

Money 05
Is there a public site where all of us disgruntled users can go to find out what MS is doing to fix this program? This software has great potential, so I continue to endure its shortcomings. But my patience is wearing thin. If I knew that MS was listening to the complaints and taking action to adress them, I would hang on. Talk to us MS. What's up? This is a pretty public site! We occasionally get the MS Money guys posting here when they have something to say. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

Problems uploading Money 2001 Backup
We just upgraded to Windows XP. We saved our Money files to a cd. I loaded Money 2001 back onto the computer then loaded the cd back on. Our accounts are not correct. They repeat transactions, they are generally incorrect. What am I doing wrong? -- Volleymom In microsoft.public.money, Volleymom wrote: >We just upgraded to Windows XP. We saved our Money files to a cd. I loaded >Money 2001 back onto the computer then loaded the cd back on. Our accounts >are not correct. They repeat transactions, they are generally incorrect. What >am I doing wrong? Try opening Money with St...

4 files that come up every time I open up Excel..
Every time I open up Excel, I get 4 or 5 files (excel files) that pop open... Can i limit that to one or two? How do you do that? Also I still can not figure out how to create global styles and macros... for new docs... anyone have the philosophy of how Excel does it versus word (which is very easy, you just set it in prefs).. thanks Brent Hauver Brent Several questions and issues here. I will try to deal with most of them. Excel will try to open any files it finds in either the XLSTART folder or "Alternate startup file location" or "at startup, open files in". ...

Reserved excel file
What does it mean when you open a excel file and it says *.xls is reserved by "user name"? ...

Word Doc saves as multiple PDF files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have many Word docs that each have multiple sections, and when I use the Print dialog box to save these documents as PDFs, I end up with a separate PDF for each of the sections. Is there any way to avoid getting multiple PDF's without having to create my Word doc as one single section? Not as yet, but you can combine the output into a single PDF using Apple's Preview app or any of a number of PDF utilities as well as Acrobat. With Preview it's just a matter of opening one of the PDFs, expandi...

files as attachements not imbedded in documents
Does anyone know how to get files to show up as attachments and not just imbedded in the documents? Thanks. Lisa Jones lisa jones <lisajones@pavilionproperties.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to get files to show up as > attachments and not just imbedded in the documents? Send the message as plain text or HTML and the attachments will not be embedded. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for m...

Online services -multiple accounts
I am using MS Money Plus Premium. I cannot find out how to add multiple accounts for online updating. I have my checking at one bank, cards at multiple other banks and car loans a yet another financial institution. How do I setup online services to update all these accounts. I wasn only given the option to setup one bank. Period. Please help. In microsoft.public.money, Kane wrote: >I am using MS Money Plus Premium. I cannot find out how to add multiple >accounts for online updating. I have my checking at one bank, cards at >multiple other banks and car loans a yet anothe...

group workbooks/files to make global changes?
Can this be done ? I have several workbooks / xls files . They have the same format /setup so I would like to make a change to a formulae in one on say cell B3 and have the change be made across all the other workbooks/ files. Your help appreciated Mike Only through VBA and opening one file at a time in turn. See Ron de Bruin's site for assistance. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:05:01 -0700, MikeR-Oz <MikeROz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can this be done ? > >I have several workbooks / xls files . They h...

Where I can download the RetrieveGlobals.dll file ?
Somebody can help me , please. or can send me the file to armandosc@yahoo.com Armando Sanchez Colores Spirax Sarco MX The file is available for download on the customer source web site. VinceV "Armando Sanchez" wrote: > Somebody can help me , please. > > or can send me the file to armandosc@yahoo.com > > Armando Sanchez Colores > Spirax Sarco MX On Apr 19, 9:38 pm, VinceV <VinceV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The file is available for download on the customer source web site. > > VinceV > > > > "Armando Sanchez&quo...

Windows mail times out sending wmv file in windows mail
Cannot send a wmv file 5.10MB, recieves just fine but times out when sending. The size is probably the issue. An attachment adds to the size about 35% due to encoding, so your 5.10MB file is now roughly 7MB. You can try the following, but it will only help if your server allows a message of that size. In Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced, set the time-out slider to the max. Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as ...