Online Banking Services - Mystery Account

I've had a paypal account in MS Money for years.  I'm not sure when,
but within the last year, online services with paypal became no longer
available.  For many months, I kept getting an error message when
automatic updates would ensue.  At some point, I stopped using online
services (via MS Money).  I still have other accounts that utilize
this online feature, and whenever an update occurs, an additional
mysterous paypal account appears.  Currently, I have Paypal - Money
Market Funds Banking, Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking #2, & Paypal
- Money Market Funds Banking #3.  However, only the first one is a
valid account.

I've run the repair utility, but have not had any success in fixing
this problem.  Would anyone else have any ideas?  Thanks.

0
smokiibear (21)
8/30/2007 6:00:44 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Have you tried going to Banking -> Account Tools -> Manage Online Services,
click on "Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking #2" and select "Stop using
online services"?

-Gary

"smokiibear" <smokiibear@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've had a paypal account in MS Money for years.  I'm not sure when,
> but within the last year, online services with paypal became no longer
> available.  For many months, I kept getting an error message when
> automatic updates would ensue.  At some point, I stopped using online
> services (via MS Money).  I still have other accounts that utilize
> this online feature, and whenever an update occurs, an additional
> mysterous paypal account appears.  Currently, I have Paypal - Money
> Market Funds Banking, Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking #2, & Paypal
> - Money Market Funds Banking #3.  However, only the first one is a
> valid account.
>
> I've run the repair utility, but have not had any success in fixing
> this problem.  Would anyone else have any ideas?  Thanks.

I have done that.  In fact, I closed my paypal account (in money) and
it still has the same problem.

On Aug 30, 5:16 am, "Gary Coppeler" <pennstatel...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried going to Banking -> Account Tools -> Manage Online Services,
> click on "Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking #2" and select "Stop using
> online services"?
>
> -Gary

0
smokiibear (21)
9/2/2007 5:48:57 AM
In microsoft.public.money, smokiibear wrote:

>I've had a paypal account in MS Money for years.  I'm not sure when,
>but within the last year, online services with paypal became no longer
>available.  For many months, I kept getting an error message when
>automatic updates would ensue.  At some point, I stopped using online
>services (via MS Money).  I still have other accounts that utilize
>this online feature, and whenever an update occurs, an additional
>mysterous paypal account appears.  Currently, I have Paypal - Money
>Market Funds Banking, Paypal - Money Market Funds Banking #2, & Paypal
>- Money Market Funds Banking #3.  However, only the first one is a
>valid account.
>
>I've run the repair utility, but have not had any success in fixing
>this problem.  Would anyone else have any ideas?  Thanks.

This seems strange. You don't say what version of Money you are
using. Even if you had, I would not be expecting this.

I am speculating if somehow a closed account is set up for online
access. On the Account List, untick
SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts to see if there is such an
account.

I would try blanking the Financial institution in the account
settings for your Paypal accounts.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/2/2007 8:19:37 AM
> This seems strange. You don't say what version of Money you are
> using. Even if you had, I would not be expecting this.
>
> I am speculating if somehow a closed account is set up for online
> access. On the Account List, untick
> SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts to see if there is such an
> account.
>
> I would try blanking the Financial institution in the account
> settings for your Paypal accounts.

I'm using Money Business 2007.  I tried deleting the name of the
institution, unhiding closed accounts, and still don't come up with
anything.  When I hit update, I get another paypal account.

0
smokiibear (21)
9/4/2007 4:40:56 AM
In microsoft.public.money, smokiibear wrote:

>> This seems strange. You don't say what version of Money you are
>> using. Even if you had, I would not be expecting this.
>>
>> I am speculating if somehow a closed account is set up for online
>> access. On the Account List, untick
>> SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts to see if there is such an
>> account.
>>
>> I would try blanking the Financial institution in the account
>> settings for your Paypal accounts.
>
>I'm using Money Business 2007.  I tried deleting the name of the
>institution, unhiding closed accounts, and still don't come up with
>anything.  When I hit update, I get another paypal account.

I would contact Microsoft directly. Go to Help->About, and write
down your serial number. That is what will need when you go to
support.microsoft.com/money for no-charge support.

After specifying your version, click "Contact a Support Professional
by Email, Online, or Phone."

Let us know what you find out.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/4/2007 5:10:03 AM
On Sep 3, 10:10 pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money,smokiibearwrote:
> >> This seems strange. You don't say what version of Money you are
> >> using. Even if you had, I would not be expecting this.
>
> >> I am speculating if somehow a closed account is set up for online
> >> access. On the Account List, untick
> >> SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts to see if there is such an
> >> account.
>
> >> I would try blanking the Financial institution in the account
> >> settings for your Paypal accounts.
>
> >I'm using Money Business 2007.  I tried deleting the name of the
> >institution, unhiding closed accounts, and still don't come up with
> >anything.  When I hit update, I get another paypal account.
>
> I would contact Microsoft directly. Go to Help->About, and write
> down your serial number. That is what will need when you go to
> support.microsoft.com/money for no-charge support.
>
> After specifying your version, click "Contact a Support Professional
> by Email, Online, or Phone."
>
> Let us know what you find out.

You would not beleive this...but this is the response from Microsoft.
I hadn't used MSN Central in over 6 years...there response solved the
problem.  Thanks for the suggestion:

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Money Online Support, my name is
David and I will be assisting you with your case today.

To give the most accurate support possible, I would like to give a
brief summary of the problem as I understand it.

You are trying to update your Paypal account in Microsoft Money.  The
online services stopped and you have not been able to update the
account since.  When you do update accounts you get duplicate Paypal
accounts.

If I have misunderstood the issue, please don't hesitate to let me
know.

I apologize things are not working as they should and I will certainly
help you with the issue in any possible way I can.

The online services for Paypal have been removed.  Recently we have
switched third party providers and they do not support online updates
for Paypal.

As for the duplicate account, if incorrect data is stored on our
server every time you update it could bring down incorrect
information.  What we need to do is open Internet Explorer and go to
www.moneycentral.msn.com and click Sign In at the top right hand
corner of the screen.  Sign in with your E-mail address and password
that you use in Money.  Click on Banking - MyAccounts.  Here delete
any duplicate Paypal accounts.  This should eliminate the problem from
occurring again.

Please let me know if this answers your question and if this helps the
problem with the duplicate accounts.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I look
forward to your reply.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft.

0
smokiibear (21)

Details of WIP in Project Accounting
My client uses Project Accounting and we use the TM Project Type and use when Billed accounting method. However, we have a huge cost in the GL WIP account. The client wants a breakdown of the GL value into projects. That is a list of on-going project and the WIP for each and the sum of all projects equal to the GL WIP. Can anyone help with this? -- pibsng Hi-- Using When Billed only impacts when the revenue distribution is created (using When Performed will generate Unbilled Revenue and Unbilled AR distirbutions when posting costs). By default, T&M will post expenses to WIP and t...

getting reporting services web service to work
The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the web-service.? Thus to correc...

Cannot sync multiple accounts at one bank.
Right now there is a limitation in Money ( I have 2003) where I cannot sync multiple online access accounts to the same bank. Example: I have three different checking accounts at Bank One, yet MSM2003 will only sync with one of them. For ther other two I have to download and import the transactions. Each account has a different userid and password. Does anybody know if there are plans to fix this in the future? ...

Combining Email Accounts in WLM
I have a POP3 email account set up as my default in Windows Live Mail plus a live.com email account. Is there any way to automatically transfer the mail that goes to the live.com account to the POP3 account? Right now I am having to check each account for received emails and some of them are duplicates. I tried unchecking the "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing" for the live.com account but found that emails continue to go to that account and just accumulate without seeing them to delete. If there is no way to transfer to the POP3 account, sho...

Transfer/Imports Accounts and other settings?
I'm trying to set up Money 2003 using the accounts and related settings from another Money file. I want the new file set up as of the beginning of this year, so I don't want to import transactions (unless I can limit it to just transactions after 12/31/02). Obviously, I would need to reset the 1/1/2003 balances on all asset and liability accounts. Can this be done? Thanks, dds In microsoft.public.money, Dennis Steinauer wrote: >I'm trying to set up Money 2003 using the accounts and related settings from >another Money file. I want the new file set up as of the beginning ...

External Associated Account
We run multiple Exchange 2003 servers. Most of the users are in the same AD domain (DOM-1) as the Exchange servers (mixed mode). One location exists in a different AD domain (DOM-2 native) and a two way trust exists between the two. Users in DOM-2 access mailboxes which are on the DOM-1 Exchange servers with mailbox rights set to an external associated account in DOM-2 Users in DOM-2 are repeatedly (like almost constantly) prompted w/ login credentials while Outlook 2003 is running -- when they type a password they must generally type it twice (we tracked one user w/ 98 login/logout ...

Sent Items history from an IMAP account?
Hi, I've just set up Outlook 2007. I've linked Outlook up to my email using an imap server. Outlook has successfully downloaded the Inbox and I am able to receive and send items successfully, however I can't download the Sent Items history. Is there someway way I can configure this? Thanks. Mr Sharaf <Mr Sharaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I've just set up Outlook 2007. I've linked Outlook up to my > email using an imap server. Outlook has successfully downloaded the > Inbox and I am able to receive and send items successfully, however I...

Money 2005 Cannot add bank accounts
Suddenly, I can no longer add new accts, such as bank accts, expense accts., etc. When I click on "add new acct", I get a new page titled "acct type" and the page freezes displaying the busy icon (hour glass). And it sits there forever. I have to click on the Stop Loading icon to get out of the page. Anyone had this problem or does any know how to resolve? I only have a dozen "bank" accounts, so I'm sure I have not overloaded the program. Thanks for your help, Wayne In microsoft.public.money, Wayne wrote: >Suddenly, I can no longer add new acc...

Outlook and Service Pack3
I installed Service Pack 3 last week, since then I have a few users getting the same message when they create a new mail message (using Word as the editor) Here is the message " A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpexted, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for" then you have the opton to select 1 minute or longer. Please advise how to elemeintate this message, we do not exepect this to be a virus and it is safe e-mail messages. Teresa <anonymous@discussions...

Workflow Services stops every few hours
I have a few workflows running against the case entities but the service just stop every few hours. I did restart all by going to the control panel but there must be a reason why it is doing that.... any idea ? ...

Can't add a service
I'm trying to create a service. I name the rule. Add a selection rule and a resource. I then save and exit. When I go back to the Service, first I get a message saying that the record is unavailable or I don't have permission. I close the msg box and look at the resoureces tab. The selection rule is gone. And I can't add another one. I don't understand. version is 3.0.5300.0 Thanks in advance Mitch ...

Outlook 2003 in Terminal Services #2
Hi, We have a central server that users access via Terminal Services. One of the applications used is Outlook 2003. Now, the problem is when I write an email and check for spelling (F7) spell check works fine. If I try to send with auto spell check, I get the following... ------------------------------------------------------------------- The spelling check was unsuccesful. Do you want to send anyway? ------------------------------------------------------------------- This happens if Microsoft Word is selected to edit email messages. Any ideas anyone please? Thanks Nicholas ...

Configuring Exchange Account
Hello everyone, I have the details of an exchange server that is used to sync email/contacts/calendars to handhelds using activesync, and I want to know if I can use the same details to access the server using Outlook 2007, if so, how? I tried using the regular method of creating new account and inserting the details, but for some reason(s) I couldn't make it to work. The Server details are: Exchange server: mail.nana10.co.il It says to use an SSL connection. Domain: nanamail and of course it says to enter username and password. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Great Plains
has anyone implemented Great Plains in a bank? can you pls tell me how was your experience and how far does it address your needs? thanks. I did omplement GP in a local branch of a foreign bank. They implemented mostly GL and AP A lot of their entries were being generated in an IBM AS400 system and were bein integrated into GP. It was an OK implementation - there were some migration issues, but overall, i think the client is satisfied. I had to build a custom application in VB taht would do some data extraction from the AS400 and manage the extracted data files. IT also kept a separat...

Accounts vs Contacts and their relationship
Trying to figure out how the account and contact information is linked? You can create an account and associate it with a primary contact but when you go to the contact the account information isn't there and you have to associate it back to the account. Seems like an awful lot of work? kwagner@nltch.com Yes and no. This actually allows you to provide a "primary contact" that doesn't actually work at the account. Not as intuitive as you might expect, but actually a nice feature. "Kerri" <shoe@nlci.com> wrote in message news:%23uorcH%23SDHA.1920@TK2MSF...

Forms
I am trying to modify an existing form that I have created but whenever I try to "Design a Form", I get an Expression Service error stating that the Expression Service did not start and the form could not be opened. I have run the Detect and Repair, removed\reinstalled Outlook and removed\reinstalled Office 2003 and I still have not been able to resolve this issue so I was hoping someone may have some ideas to resolving this. Thanks! Geoff ...

Event Viewer Service Control Manager Error
The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. I have most everything stopped for performance, I don't know if this is needed for a 2nd computer that shares this internet connection via a router, not wireless. My printer is shared but not usually on or used by the other computer. How can I stop this error? The Telephony service relies on two services, Plug and Play an...

Microsoft crm server requires indexing service to be configured an
Just trying to install our Action Pack copy of MS CRM 1.2 onto our server running SBS 2003 & having chosen to install CRM, we see the error message above. Clicking OK returns us to the desktop... anyone got any ideas? Regards Colin Foster "Colin Foster" <ColinFoster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0852AD02-E88F-416F-8618-85AB2799E40E@microsoft.com... > Just trying to install our Action Pack copy of MS CRM 1.2 onto our server > running SBS 2003 & having chosen to install CRM, we see the error message > above. Clicking OK returns us to the d...

Internet Explorer 8 slow with Active Directory Federation Services
I have the ADFS scenarios depicted on http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779508(WS.10).aspx in the two sections both titled "Authenticating the user". When it comes to the steps 3 and 6 in the picture of the first "Authenticating the user" section and steps 5 and 7 in the picture of the second "Authenticating the user" section Internet explorer 8 causes 100% CPU load on one thread. The time it takes is proportional to the single thread processing power of the client CPU. On "old" clients it lasts so long that the requests fail...

Sarbanes-Oxley: need controls to account for segregation of duties
This was a customer suggestion from Convergence. Suggestions: There needs to be controls in place for SOX to account for/impede violation of segregation of duties within the control environment. Currently, one user can write checks and balance books. Customer would also like to view more documentation describing the "How to" of setting up an effective control environment and its processes. Customer contact information: Ricardo Pous IM Manager DuPont Agriculture & Nutrition 7100 NW 62 Ave. PO Box 1000 Johnston, IA 50131-1000 Phone 515-270-3543 Fax 515-270-3188 Email Ric...

account view and upcoming bills and deposits
In my checking account window (which shows all transactions and allows you to enter new transactions), at the very bottom of the window below the area where you enter transactions, it used to have a smaller window which showed upcoming bills and deposits. Somehow I selected this section to have it not show, and now I can't figure out how to have it show again. I've tried to find a way to do this in different view options, but can't seem to figure out how to get it back. I loved that view! Any suggestions? IF you are using M04 or earlier, see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.ph...

Duplicate Account via Outlook Connector and cannot delete
I am using Win 7 64 and Outlook 7. It is tied to my MS Live Hotmail Plus Account. Without going into what I did, but I ended up with two identical accounts xxxxxx@hotmail.com. The one set to the default is working fine. The second one when I select it a message pops up stating "The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\Ron's\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\rgphotoman_hotmail0.ost. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more ...

Nickname for account @ Exchange for outbound e-mails
I am using system SQL Server account to send e-mails to our customers by SQL Mail through Exchange server. In the From field of the e-mail our recipients see the ugly name of our SQL Server account, under which SQL Mail runs. How can I change that From to something more meaningful for the customers? (I am new to Exchange.) Thanks! ...

Send Via Account
I have several accounts that I send email from. My default account is the one that I most often use. When creating new messages I often forget to change the from account before I send a message. Is there a rule or macro I can use to remind me to change the from account before I hit the send button? Thanks! Diane ...

Removed Accounts but Outlook Still Trys to Send/Receive to them
I removed 3 obselete email accounts from Outlook 2007. It appeared to work because they are no longer in the account list. However Outllook keeps asking for the password for those accounts every time it replicats. It is maddening. Any ideas on how to fix? Did you remove them using the mail applet in the Control Panel? "Joey" <Joey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E31FE1FC-802C-436C-B850-1105F22B9464@microsoft.com... > I removed 3 obselete email accounts from Outlook 2007. It appeared to work > because they are no longer in the accoun...