On-Line Quotes

I cannot get on-line quotes to work.  The symbols are
valid yet I get a message saying that they are "not
recognized".  Ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)
2/11/2004 7:29:33 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Denny wrote:

>I cannot get on-line quotes to work.  The symbols are
>valid yet I get a message saying that they are "not
>recognized".  Ideas?

What program are you using?

Are you in the US?

What are some symbols that are "not recognized"?

Do any of your symbols/quotes work?

How long have you had this problem?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/11/2004 8:04:51 PM

I have had the same problem since last Friday AM. ALL my
symbols come back flagged as the other person stated
above. I don't know what version he is using but I'M using
Money97 ver 5.0 in the U.S. running IE5.5SP2. Like the
other writer, I would like some help.  Thanks  Howard

Seems like lots of users are asking this question
since 'quotes' disappeared last Friday.
Howard
0
anonymous (74722)
2/12/2004 4:33:39 PM

0
anonymous (74722)
2/12/2004 9:05:08 PM

symbols work.  This is in Money 97
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/12/2004 9:07:08 PM

0
anonymous (74722)
2/12/2004 9:13:27 PM

The service is still viable but this feature doesn't work.
Denny
0
anonymous (74722)
2/12/2004 9:20:32 PM
It seems the problem is not a local one.... There are
several posts on here with no solutions I am able to find,
and I am having the same problem.... similar platform
money 97, with no changes before the problem.

Dave
0
douglassd (1)

Question about what "Home" means in the Home and Student Edition

"there has been an error reading or writing the file"
I have been having numerous problems lately with my Mny delux 2005. 1. portfolio does not show correct "Market Value" of most securities most of the time, 2. Lines listing securities on portfolio manager are duplicated and change upon being floated over by the mouse curser and 3. the program blows out after displaying the error message, "there has been an error reading or writing the file" after folowing the intructions at: http://help.msn.com/(ZmlsdGVyPUNEX0RMWCZwcm9qZWN0PW1vbmV5MDUmbWFya2V0PWVuLVVTJmN1PSZ0bXQ9dG1wOUYudG1wIC0gTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1vbmV5JmtjPSZmb3JtYXQ9)/help...

Outlook 2002 "The remote Procedure call Failed"
I have found many posting of the error occuring but none of them have answered my situation. System Specs: OS: WinXP Pro SP1 (can't install SP2 until updates for CAM software are created) Office: Office 2002 updated (Server running Exchange 2003 Stand.) AV: Norton Corp v8.0 updated Situation: Open Outlook/ create new mail / click the TO: button... system waitings and reports "The remote Procedure call Failed" and Outlook shuts down... I know that there is no virus on this computer many different AV products scans confirms this. Client currently using OWA to email... Any th...

"Configuring Microsoft Office Basic 2007" every time I start
I added memory to my PC and Office 2003 started to misbehave (and it could not find a CAB file that was on the CD) so I removed it and upgraded to Office 2007. Now every time I start my PC it spends time configuring itself. I might add iTunes is the same. It means starting the PC is an even more laborious process than usual. Oh, and I have some annoying update to XML something or other that does not install either, and does not go away. It is ironic that the extra memory was to improve perforamnce. Every step forwards involves two steps back. Apart from swapping to App...

Outlook Signature error during spell check Text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar" was skipped.
I have a user who has a large legal confidentiality signature and recently they claim they can no longer put text in-between the large legal disclaimer and their signature part of the signature file. So if that makes sense when they type they noticed it no longer does the spell check as they go and if they hit F7 they get the Text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar" was skipped. error message. I did notice after a Google search if they select all the text then go to Tools Language and uncheck the do not check spelling it works but would have to be done every time. S...

Quote Bug or property?
Hi! I would like to know why it is impossible to add new note to a Quote that has status: ACTIVE. I can add notes to Quote that is DRAFTt. But when I chance quotes state Draft -> Active, in the quote there is no ‘Add Note’ –button anymore. And why is still possible to modify existing Notes and change the attached file, but not add a new one? Are these Bug or Property? Unfortunately, this is a "feature" of the product. In general, once an object is in a read-only state, you can not add notes or activites to the object. I am hoping that this will cahnge in CRM 2005, ...

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Vista "ipv4 connectivity limited"
Hi We have two Vista PCs connected wirelessly to a BTHomeHub2. Both have been connecting to the internet fine, until today. My partner now can't get online. Her machine shows ipv4 connectivity limited. (Both our computers also show ipv6 limited, but my ipv4 shows "internet" and of course is connecting fine.) It reports the signal strength is excellent. Another message says "the computer is connected to the BTHomeHub2, but does not have access to the internet." As I've said, we've had no similar problem before, and have not changed any se...

Lines of text move when viewed in print preview and printed
I am inserting pictures with-in paragraphs of text. I have tried formating as both exact and in-line, using top/bottom. The text moves up 1-2 lines when printed or viewed in print preview. This change in text lines also happens when view is changed from 50% to 100%. I am working with two column text and the pictures are inserted into each column. How can I fix this problem? What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? You people that think we have crystal balls or are mind readers are exasperating! -- >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows and Publi...

"with <string> in sender" clause works on substring (matches on too many senders)
Outlook 2002 SP-3 I don't send myself e-mails but spammers would like to pretend that I do. They often must put something in the From header to be RFC compliant, so they throw in the same e-mail address as they shoved in the To header. Say I have an account called smith@domain.tld. I define the rule: Apply after receiving a message with smith@domain.tld in sender permanently delete stop processing more rules Looks good until you realize the match is on a substring rather than an exact match on the sender's full e-mail address. The messages do get deleted if I sen...

Creating a e-mail contact list which has "undisclosed recipients"
Can anyone help me with a contact list for my e-mail which does not disclose all recipients names. I would like to send an e-mail regarding company information to several people which answers questions, but I don't want everyone to know who I am addressing it to. You need enter the names under the Bcc option when you address the email. That way, each recipient will only see their own name, but the email will go to everyone. Actually, the recipients won't see their own name in the To field. They will only see what the sender puts there, if anything (some ISPs require that you...

Rule out "connection pool" trouble...
Friends, Probably my ignorance showing, but we are troubleshooting SQL Servers running on virtualized machines. Three virtual Server 2008 running on one piece of hardware, each running SQL Server, each with little client applications that each communicate with all three SQL Servers. The symptoms seem like "networking issues"; we have very long delays and timeouts if no activity has occurred for a while, but once the three start communicating successfully, all is well. Each little client on each server opens a connection to each of the three servers to do some work...

Strange "button"
I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with data extracted from the application database, which I did OK. My problem is the fact that the .xls came with something like a button (not created by me) that I want to delete, but simply can't. I can't select it, like I can do with the forms controls I'm used to work with, although it appears to be a normal command-button. What could that object be? And how could I simply get rid of that? Ok, I finally found the answer. "BEDE" wrote: > I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with d...

Truncated "y" axis label in chart
:confused: Hi guys I have a problem with Excel, the label on the �Y� axis appears truncated even though I have resized the chart. Then, I looked the file in another computer with the same version of excel than mine as well as in another with a different version and in both look fine. Thus, I erased and re-installed excel in my computer to no avail. I have also re-sized the chart and used it both as object embedded and in separate sheet, it doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions to fix this problem? -- flakkortin -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Macro to "save as"
Hi, Am using excel 2003 and am wanting to create a macro, attached to a button, that will save as a particular cell #, say A2, and then print. Have the print down pat, but can't figure out the save as part....... -- Thanks for the help What is in cell A2? Try things like these, depending on what you have and what you want to do.... ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Range("A2").Value & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\Folder Path\" & Range("A2").Value & ".xls", Ad...

how to use "barcode" in excel 2000??
Dear all, i would like to set up an inventory system for recording the stuff. previously, i have a long table of data in excel. i need to do some tasks: 1)print the barcode out for each item 2)scan the barcode for checking the inventory. i have no idea how to start, install barcode fonts? what i have to buy and do i need to write "MARCOS"? Please help me! manymany thanks. gg It depends on how you intend printing the labels. If you're wanting simple all in one solution, 'Bizfonts' (http://www.bizfonts.com/) ca help. Another way is to use a 'bar code module (ht...

Two lines and pne column
I am trying to modify one of the custom charts to show two line and one column rather than two columns and one line. can anyone help. Ian - Forget the custom type. Make a chart with all three series as lines, select the one series, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select the Column style you want. Voila, your first custom combination chart. There's more about Combination Charts on my web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech....

Monthly contract lines
Hello, I need to be able to provide my clients 60 minutes allotments each month, then start again with a clean set of 60 minutes each month. What is the best way of doing this? I.e. perhaps automatically create a new contract line each month? Thanks for your recommendation Tony ...

excel vba
is there a way to disable the close button on a userform such as password screen that would disable a person from being able to clos the userform by hitting the x button in the top right. I have it se up so that they have to enter a password to view the page, bu overlloked the fact that they can simply hit the close button. An ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Use the form's QueryClose Method Here is the (pasted) example from the Excel VBA Help file Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer) 'Prevent user from closing ...

CVS file only inserts commas for 15 lines of spread
Hi, I hava an user in Europe that is following the exact steps I am to covert a file to CSV format. When we open her file in word pad, only the first 15 lines of data have comms delimted. It happens every time regardless of how much data is in our spread. Any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks much! S I've never seen anything like this. If they reopen the .csv file in Excel, does it look ok? If they open the file in NotePad (not wordpad), does it look ok? My silly guess: I'm wondering if there is any special character in the data that is being used as an end of file marker....

Hold a cell range for an "average formula"
I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always calculate the current 5 column range. Wendy Akers wrote: > I add a column every week to my work sheet and want the formula to always > calculate the current 5 column range. > > Add a column WHERE? What "formula"? Where is the "current 5 column range"? Hi, Let's say your data is in range C3:H3. In cell K3, enter the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) to get the average =AVERAGE(OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(3,MAX(ISNUMBER(C3:J3)*COLUMN(C3:J3))+1)),0,...

Do all fields have "onchange" event script blocks??
Hi, I was wondering if there are onchange event handlers for all fields in CRM? I need to automatically send an email from CRM when the "statuscode" of an Incident changes to "Closed", which is a value that I added to the schema. I have seen onchange script blocks in other objects like the Contact object for the "accountrolecode" field, but there doesn't seem to be one for the "statuscode" field in the incident object? Have I got this wrong, or do not all drop down lists have "onchange" event handling script blocks?? Thanks in advance,...

Printing a Report 2" X 4"
I am using a DB where you select members that have signed up for and art event and print labels using a Dymo printer. The label contains member info, art info, and calculations for sales tax and totals. My problem is that if I make a Label report the calculations do not work the same a making a report. How do I size a report for a 2" X 4" report, which is the Dymo label I want to use, or how do I make calculations work on a label report? Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Doug Small The Dymo printer should have software that creates the 2"x4" label s...

How to print 4 panels on 8.5" x 14" paper
I have been trying to print a document that I made on a 4 panel layout. I changed the paper size to 8.5" x14" and I changed the layout to landscape. The document does not print out correctly. Can anyone help me? Please define "does not print out properly". Just because you change the paper size does not mean that your design will automatically rescale itself to fit in the new size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03F70C7F-D27B-4122-908C-20A926F0A6CA@microsoft.com... &g...