Old 401k showing up in reports

I have an old 401k that keeps showing up in my monthly reports.   It's
long been transfered to something else, and closed out.  Why does it
still show up?

0
ajlisanti (32)
1/22/2009 11:47:39 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

What reports? Have you tried customizing the accounts in those reports? Have
you closed the Money account? And so on...

"Anthony Lisanti" wrote:

> I have an old 401k that keeps showing up in my monthly reports.   It's
> long been transfered to something else, and closed out.  Why does it
> still show up?
It show's up in the "Monthly Report Section"  The fund went over to my
Roth about 5 years ago.  I did close the account out in money, and it
had a zero balance.  In the monthly report it keeps showing up under
the investment section, and appears to have stayed the same since it
was closed 5 years ago.   I

I'm using Money Plus V17, if this means anything.

Thank you

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:55:01 -0800, Dick Watson
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>What reports? Have you tried customizing the accounts in those reports? Have
>you closed the Money account? And so on...
>
>"Anthony Lisanti" wrote:
>
>> I have an old 401k that keeps showing up in my monthly reports.   It's
>> long been transfered to something else, and closed out.  Why does it
>> still show up?
0
ajlisanti (32)
1/23/2009 12:19:59 PM
Monthly Reports tend to show goofy stuff like this and there doesn't seem to
be any general way to fix it.

Are you sure there is not some residual, rounding error, amount of
investments in the old account? How did you Transfer Out the investments in
Money? Does the closed account's Investment Summary page show any
investments in the account?

"Anthony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message
> It show's up in the "Monthly Report Section"  The fund went over to my
> Roth about 5 years ago.  I did close the account out in money, and it
> had a zero balance.  In the monthly report it keeps showing up under
> the investment section, and appears to have stayed the same since it
> was closed 5 years ago.   I
>
> I'm using Money Plus V17, if this means anything.

Looks like there was somehow a lousy .02 cents left when it was
closed.   Fixed it now, it's off the report!

Thanks!

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:53:07 -0700, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>Monthly Reports tend to show goofy stuff like this and there doesn't seem to
>be any general way to fix it.
>
>Are you sure there is not some residual, rounding error, amount of
>investments in the old account? How did you Transfer Out the investments in
>Money? Does the closed account's Investment Summary page show any
>investments in the account?
>
>"Anthony Lisanti" <ajlisanti@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> It show's up in the "Monthly Report Section"  The fund went over to my
>> Roth about 5 years ago.  I did close the account out in money, and it
>> had a zero balance.  In the monthly report it keeps showing up under
>> the investment section, and appears to have stayed the same since it
>> was closed 5 years ago.   I
>>
>> I'm using Money Plus V17, if this means anything.

0
ajlisanti (32)

Way to turn off "show in Groups" globally
When I look at E-Mail folders in Outlook (2003), by default "show in groups" (View / Arrange by / Show in Groups) is turned on. It's clear how to turn this off for any single folder, but is there a way to turn it off globally? I have over 1,000 folders in my E-Mail PST file. do you have many custom views? if not, the best way is to restart outlook using the /cleanviews switch. Then go to View, Arrange By, Current view, Define view and choose Messages, then modify and change the grouping. if you have a lot of custom views, you can try changing the grouping in Views but ...

Printer setting on sales reports
I am trying to setup a different default printer on a specific sales transaction, is that possible? I am going to Sales->Sales Batches, and for one of the batch transactions, I want them to print to a different printer. I know I can choose another printer manually once I am there by going to print setup, but would it be possible for me to eliminate that step for my users? My appoligies if I am using incorrect terminoligy for some of these things, I am not too familiar with Great Plains yet. Using Named Printers, you can direct invoices to one printer and picking tickets to another. ...

TEST ESSENTIAL REPORTS
Just for fun, I would like to see what the essential reports, budgets, accounts, etc. look like in Money 2005. I am scared to try it for fear it won't let me get back to advanced. Has anyone played around with it AND got back to advanced with no problems. Thanks for your input. Steve Can't say that I did, but I did get stuck in 'Essential' (read: Essentially Worthless) budgets. Had to reimport everything but it was easier the second (or is this third?) time through. I _have_ successfully avoided the duplicate unmergeable accounts on the subsequent attempts. The reason they...

New user dosn't show up in GAB
I have created a new user and wanted to setup his outlook. It did not accept his name. Then i checked the GAB and it's not listed. The new user is not invisible, and i could access his mailbox via OWA. We have recently upgraded to exchange 2003 but it's not in 2003 mode, it's still in 2000 2003 mix mode. The original server has been shutdown, it was a windows 2000 server DC with GC and it had exchange 2000 and all the mailboxes. This is the error from my event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 2/21/2005 Time: ...

Report writer
I have 'rewritten' SOP BLANK INVOICE HISTORY FORM. I have substantially modified it. I am now happy with it. Is there any way I can copy/ paste/export/ import this in such a way that I can replace SOP BLANK INVOICE FORM i.e. I am trying to avoid having to do it all again in SOP BLANK INVOICE FORM starting at square 1. If I understand you correctly you simply want to change the name of the report. This can be done if you use Tools -> Customize -> Customization Maintenance to export to a package file, then edit the package file in notepad or any other text editor. Save a...

Show all data -- FMR
I have 4 tables, each shares Date and Service, but after that they vary from budget details, to capacity details, all the way to actual details. Since the budget details go out into the future and the actuals do not, I want to produce a worksheet showing data from all tables from a date and out to a specified date. I know how to do the date request but the only data I get from my query is what is populated in all tables. (linked on Service and Date) Any assistance would be appreciated: EX: Date Forcast Budget Actual 1/1/07 ...

columns show as numbers
I just noticed that all of my columns now show up as numbers instead of letters, which makes it difficult for entering formulas - how do I get the columns back to letters Tools, Options, General, (uncheck) R1C1 reference style --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "jbv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B43F64D5-7296-43AB-A137-98F623BC5236@microsoft.com... > I just noticed tha...

Show Names drop down box not working
I recently graduated to Office 2003 and I'm having a problem I don't know how to get around. I want to send this email to a large number of people, so I want to select several names from one of my contacts folders. But it won't let me. Here are the steps I'm going through: From the Mail Screen, New, To, then I want to click on the "Show Names from the" drop down box, but it won't let me. When I click on the drop down arrow, nothing happens. I have used Outlook in its various versions for years and have always used this feature. These files were imported fr...

Reporting Tools Setup
..Good Day, When want to use Excel report builder to publish certain reports. We entered the shared location of the data connections in the Reporting Tools Setup screen, when we Run the deployment it pops up with a message that states one or more files failed to deploy. On the deployment report the reason given for the failure is 'File not written' Unfortunately the user guides is of very little help. Have anyone else experienced something similar? Thanks Check the read-write access is enabled for the shared location you're trying to deploy? Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP O...

Outlook 2003 shows "Enter network password" every time I hit send/receive
OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission in registry, and have re-created the mail profile. Nothing helps. Any ideas? /M I seem to be having the same problem. I haven't tried the procedure MS posted about resetting thre registry. I'm lost also. >-----Original Message----- >OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember >the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission >in registry, and have re-c...

Minimize -> hide, show -> restore/maximize?
Hi, In a MFC dialog app with a tray icon, I'd like to hide the window when the user clicks the minimize button. I use the following code for this: void CXBTClientDlg::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { ETSLayoutDialog::OnSize(nType, cx, cy); if (nType == SIZE_MINIMIZED && m_show_tray_icon) ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); } To unhide the window, I use this code: switch (lParam) { case WM_LBUTTONUP: ShowWindow(IsWindowVisible() ? SW_HIDE : SW_SHOW); if (IsWindowVisible()) SetForegroundWindow(); return 0; } The problem is that SW_SHOW doesn't restore the size of the window, s...

Reports #9
Hello Does anyone know how to add the vendor "ReorderNumber" to reports that show items sold and on-hand? Thanks Carl Email: carlb@telusplanet.net Hi Carl - the report you are running must be joined to the SupplierList table. If its not, add the following to the Tables Queried Section LEFT JOIN SupplierList WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.ID = SupplierList.ItemID Then add the following report column Begin Column FieldName = "SupplierList.ReorderNumber" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Reorder Number" V...

Sorting a Report Based on Criteria
I have a report that I would like to sort based on user-entered criteria. There are two option groups in my form. Each option group has four fields (Name, Title, Date, ID) that the user can search. The user would select one option from each group. The first group is the primary sort and the second option group is for the secondary sort. For example, if the user selects Name from the Primary option group and Date from the Secondary option group, the report should be sorted by Name and then by Date. What code can I use to enable the user to search this way? Use a calculated field ...

Using check boxes to limit a report.
I have a table which lists all possible items for a vendor. I want to create a form that shows all of the items. I want the user to be able to place check marks next to the items they want. I then want to run a report which shows all of the information about the items, but only for the items that had been checked. What is a good way to approach this? I can't seem to find a way to link the check boxes to the item table and don't know how to create a report once they are linked. Can someone please direct me on how to do this? Or at least to somewhere that I can find out how to do ...

Pop up Form to set parameter of query to generate a report
I have a pop up form that opens when I run a report via a macro. The query searchs for an item (drug) that has 2 different mnemonics. (fields are mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 from table PDM) I cannot append the table fields into a new column because the table is on a server that does not allow changes. The problem is that I cannot figure out a way to attach [Forms]![frm_mnemonic]![lstbox] ---the combobox I am using on the form ----to mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 so it it will search both since they are both text values. I can attach it to one or the other field and it works fine, but when I attach it ...

Dialog Editor shows blank properties window
Hi I have a dialog based application in which I have a few buttons and Edit Controls. Everything was ok and now all of a sudden when I click on the Button and check the Properties the properties shows up as empty. I am using Visual Studio .Net. It happened to me before, and I reinstalled the Visual Studio .Net and it seems to have worked fine. But I am hoping I dont have to reinstall it again. Any suggestions as to what can be done in this case. Thanks Gouri ...

Outlook 2003: How to show multiple task lists?
Does anyone know if it is possible to show multiple task lists (i.e. a personal list and a work-related list) side by side in the task list view by default? It's simple in the calendar to show two calendars simultaneously, and it seems completely ridiculous not to include the same functionality in the task list view. Any help would be appreciated. No, but you can use the right click on the additional task list you want to display and select "Open in new window" - then resize your windows to show them side by side. Why would one want to show task lists in the same way as cal...

add a delivery report/read receipt to an excel cell
is it possible to add a delivery report/read receipt to a 2003 excel spreadsheet cell from an Outlook email With some custom VBA programming, you should be able to do this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "bishop bass" <bishop bass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98338893-D851-4767-A7A7-7460EB94B508@microsoft.com... > is it possible to ad...

Zoom Size in a Report
All the reports in my database (AC2000) open at 100% in printpreview. the database is split and the backend is on only 1 unit. I have the database on 5 PCs: 3 local and 2 in another state. the local user has 2 desktop units and 1 laptop. the remote user has one of each, both with the frontend resident and the backend on an external hard drive that can be switched as necessary. The problem is that all reports open as 'Fit' on both remove units but as 100% on the local units. I have checked and 'Track name Auto Correct' is NOT checked on any PC. why wou...

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

Showing Grand Totals in Pivot Charts
I have created a pivot table which contains a Grand Total column. This grand total column displays the sum of the counts for all the columns correctly. This number does not seem to be available to me when I generate a pivot chart. How can I make the grand total from the pivot table display in the pivot chart? Hi Nikki - Unfortunately pivot charts aren't as flexible as regular charts. But you can make a regular chart from pivot table data. Select a blank cell that isn't near the pivot table. In step 2, click on the Series tab, then one by one add the series and the data range ...

Sort report by sum of counts
I have a report that takes all issues from a certain date range and counts them. The report shows the sums only. I'm trying to sort by the sum in descending order, but it only sorts the detail, not the sum. Issues is the header, so it sorts first by alphabetically and then by the count for each day. I created another query that sums the orignal query data and created a report off the new query, but it still will only allow my to sort by the issue if issue is the header, instead of by sum. What am I missing? How can I sort the report by the overall sum of each issue for ...

Charts/graphs on Access forms and reports
I have been given a project where I have to create a chart on a form and duplicate it on a report. There are three dates that are sequential that need to be charted for each item. So each "row" on the chart will show a triangle for the start date of each step in the process. However, each date has an estimated and actual date. I need to draw a line between the actual and estimated for each date, with a space before the next estimated and actual. e.g. (where # would be the triangle) Task F F M A M J J A S O N D TASK ONE #------...

How do I combine two Access Reports to print on one page
Hi, I work for a steel company. Material is purchased to a size and grade. There are common sizes, meaning that I can buy from several sources and several customer can use. A user can enter a size and grade and get a report showing all open purchase orders with a summary. The same can be for open sales orders with a summary. Some orders are for a single shipment while others can be fore several due throughout the year. Sales and Purchasing would like a report that shows both together so they can do forecasting for purchasing. Is there a way to do this in Access? Do I need to use Wo...

Printing Drafts emails Shows a "Sent time and Date"
Hi we have recently upgraded one of our clients to windows 7 / Office 2007. One of the users have reported that when printing draft emails there is a sent time and date that gets added to the top of the email even though the message has not been sent. I have looked through the outlook settings but cannot seem to find a way of turning this off. Any help on this would be appreciated. I have test the same on my own machine which is vista SP2 with office 2007 but get the same issue. I have noticed a date and time being put on draft emails, this started approximately 3 weeks ago. Co...