OK to Uninstall MS Money 2003?

Greetings,
I have just installed from CD Money 2005.  I have a backup of the Money 2003
data on disk.  Is it safe to remove through the Add/Remove Programs, all
instances of Money 2003?  Note:  There was no prompt to remove the older
program when I installed the new program.
TIA,
Rich

0
Rich (271)
1/10/2005 4:37:07 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Rich wrote:

>I have just installed from CD Money 2005.  I have a backup of the Money 2003
>data on disk.  Is it safe to remove through the Add/Remove Programs, all
>instances of Money 2003?  Note:  There was no prompt to remove the older
>program when I installed the new program.

Yes. It is safe, as long as you are sure you don't want to run Money
2003 again. It is possible to have both operate, but they cannot be
on at the same time. They would need to operate on different .mny
files however.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Mail Delivery in Outlook 2003
We are currently using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 mail client. One of our ask us to configure his Outlook client to delivery his mail to a pst file local to his machine, instead of leaving it in the server. This configuration workrd for a while and it suddenly stopped delivering his mail to his pst file, but just leaving them in the mail server. To make Outlook deliver his mail again to his pst file we need to enable the " Cached Exchange Mode" and configure Outlook to manually connect to Exchange. When we change the configuration back to its original state it will continue to...

Moving files Outlook 2003
I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does anyone know how to accomplish this move? Wayne <was2480@msn.com> wrote: > I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does > anyone know how to accomplish this move? http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm tells the files. The easiest is to simply copy your PST to the new PC, put it in some folder, giving it a name that doesn't match any other PST, make sure it's not read-only, and use Outlook's File>Open>Outlook Data File to open it. -- Brian Tillman ...

making money
Make Quick Cash From: Date: 9 May 2004 Time: 02:52:18 Remote Name: 64.175.41.48 Comments READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I am sure you could use $10,000.00 in the next 90 days. A few days ago, I was on the internet browsing through message boards just like you are now, and came across a message like this one that said you could make thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00! So I thought," Yeah, right, as if, this must be a scam", but like most of us, I was very curious, so I kept reading. Anyway, it said that you send $1.00 to each of the 6 n...

Problem opening Excel 2003 in a Small Business edition
When i open excel ,it appears a window "installing:function of Excel" Its seems like installing a new function of Excel , it last a few seconds and then we can work wiht it. How can i eliminate this Hi, You could try looking into your tools>Add-ins to determine what function packs are being loaded when you start Excel. If this is poiting to an add-in on a network drive, it could be what is causing the delay. You can try this by unchecking each option in turn and closing and re-opening Excel. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar ""installing:function of Excel"...

Money 2005
Hello, I use Microsoft Money 2005 now for a while, and everytime I exit the app, it connects and uploads the changes to MSN Money. Is there a way to disable this setting? I would like to delete all of my financial data on MSN Money and not have MS Money upload it there again. If there is a way to stop it, please let me know. Thanks, Brett No problem: Tools: Settings: Access your Money data on the Web. Then you'll be able to disable it. -- "Brett" <baisley@h o t ma i .com> wrote in message news:O9vVj9ZqFHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > >...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Importing Distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem to locate any data that lets me know if importing DLs is a problem because of that. thanks Kevin Kevin <thersitz @yahoo com> wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing > distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the > .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem > to locate any data t...

Turning off all Automatic Formatting in Excel 2003
Hi Is there any way of turning off all automatic formatting in Excel 2003? For example Excel automatically changes strings such as 1-12 in a CSV file to 1-Dec, 10-10-2005 to 10/10/2005 and strings of numbers to an exponential representation. These changes are preserved when saving the file and thus corrupting it, preventing any other applications from reading it. I know you can import CSVs changing all the fields to text using the data import option, however reopening it and saving causes Excel to make the same changes again. Any suggestions would be really appreciated as this is caus...

MS Money
I have money 99 with all my business info on it. I recenly purchased money 2003 and I can't figure out how to transfer all my files into money 03. Please let me know if anyone out there can help....problem is, my new laptop does not have a floppy drive, only CD and money 99 wants to use a floppy. Thanks ...

Visio Pro 2003 compatible with x64?
Or do I need a newer version? When I attempt to install (over a network) I get the message that the program can not start or run due to 64-bit incompatibility. It may just be the installer software? Ken Are you trying to run natively 64 or on a 32-bit emulation layer? There is no 64-bit version of Visio, but we have tried to make Visio run in a compatibility layer. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mr. B" <ken.britton@tbe.com> wrote in message news:1177...

MS CRM Client for Outlook on Home Edition
I can install the CRM 3.0 Outlook clients on a Windows XP home edition? Lorenzo Soncini Trento - Italy Hi Lorenzo, Windows XP Home Edition is not a supported operating system for CRM Client. For supported configurations and details, please see the implementation guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en -- Best Regards, Eric Chen [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lorenzo Soncini" <lorenzo.soncini@technoservice.com> wrote in message...

Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04
Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have transferred my money back-up file to the new computer --- Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the process of converting the file and then times out (stops responding) Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to lose 6 years of financial data ---- Thanks How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes. While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean it's dead, just hat it's busy. "jh227" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Outlook 2003 freezes & crashes
Outlook 2003 worked fine on XP SP1, but on XP SP2, it stalls, freezes, crashes, needs debugging. I installed the entire Office 2003 Pro. I can't use it & must use Yahoo or something else for email. I have Trend Micro for anti virus & email, but I"m still having trouble. What is going on? Why is it freezing & crashing? Try Detect and Repair and a new profile via the Mail icon in Control Panel. "d. rahim" <drahim1122@netscape.net> wrote in message news:eh2FTzohFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 worked fine on XP SP1, but on XP SP2, it...

Month display in Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar
When using Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar in Month view, Saturday and Sunday are combined as one square (yes, they do have the date numbers and a line between them). This may be convenient for people using Outlook only for business purposes, but if someone were to have a job that involved weekends, or was not using Outlook for business purposes at all (which is my case), this could be extremely annoying. I would like to know if there is a way to display the Month view as the standard Sunday on the left and Saturday on the right, with Monday through Friday in between. I want all d...

Outlook 2003 random shut downs
I have a very weird error. First it is very sporadic issue and it happens completely out of the blue. This issue has been going on for about 3 weeks. All of the sudden, Outlook will state that it has encountered an error and needs to restart. I have sent the report to Microsoft without any results. Any ideas on how to fix this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Aaron Do you use Microsoft CRM 3.0? If you do it is a known issue. Have a look at: http://blogs.inetium.com/blogs/tedh/archive/2007/01/12/782.aspx Mark On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:05:18 -0500, "Aaron" <apyle1...

Exchange 2003 IMF Virus Vulnerability???
We have recently migrated from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003, and it has made a world of difference. OWA is amazingly user intuitive and IMF has been catching hundreds of spam messages a day. Plus, IMF has decreased false positives. However, we currectly have a virus problem or potential problem. IMF has been setup to archive all blocked messages. Our antivirus (Computer Associate's eTrust) has an Exchange agent which successfully filters virus messages and attachements. Yesterday, we started to receive messages that the scanner has found viruses in the archive directory. The probl...

Exchange 2000/2003 Public Folder item Permissions Problem
Hi all, I've been having an issue with Public Folder permissions for some time now. The folder contains contacts for all company employees (most of which aren't on the company network), and is maintained by HR. Brief history is: Had Exchange 2000 on Win Server 2000, and a previous administrator modified public folder permissions on the M drive in explorer (a no-no). This resulted in the ESM "Invalid window handle" error. Managed fix these by following KB 270905 (permissions nuke), and deleting and re-creating the public folder. The latter was a problem, as most users were ...

Money Data
I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything new that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to store the data externally. I can store the backup in a variety of places, however, I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks You can copy your .mny file to any media you like using the normal Windows tools from My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can also usually backup to these media using browse from within the M...

Accuracy of money fields in CRM 3.0
Hi, does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0? Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five digits but that will not work in my scenario. Any suggestions? J�rg Hi Jörg, Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change? I could change the precision of some existing fields through: Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>> -> Precision picklist. You can have up...

MS Visual C++ Professional Edition/ Academic Version
I am running Windows XP, Home Edition 5.1 (sp2) on a GenuineIntel Processor (512 MHz, 256 MB RAM). Just when I though I understood (wishful thinking) the myriad of flavors of MS Visual C++, version 6, I now see MSVC++ Professional Edition - Academic Version. My question is, what is the academic version of the professional edition? Does it lack some of the functionality of the regular professional edition. I have been messing with the Express Edition and am wanting to avoid getting anything similar. I like the MFC AppWizard in the Professional (and I think standard) edition. You make a me...

OK button at the Top-Right Corner of the Dialog
Hi, I am working with Pocket PC Application. I want the dialog not to display the "OK" button at the top right corner I added the below 2 lines in the OnInitDialog SHDoneButton(SHDB_HIDE); ModifyStyle(0, WS_NONAVDONEBUTTON, SWP_NOSIZE); But the SHDoneButton(SHDB_HIDE); is returning FALSE instead of TRUE. I even added the header file for this #include "aygshell.h" But still not working & the "OK" button is still present at the Top- Right corner. Please, can anyone help me ...... Lucky What version of PocketPC are you writing for? Which version ...

outlook 2003 reject .mdb attachment
I use outlook 2003 to get pop3 access from my yahoo email. for security reason, my outlook 2003 reject MS Access file .mdb as attachment when I receive the file. My yahoo mail alows me to download .mdb attachment. How to allow outlook to accept .mdb as attachment as well? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.co...

Opening Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2003
I have been sent a file created in 2000, but use 2003, which says it cannot open earlier versions. Is there a download solution to this? -- Ghento Publisher 2003 will open 2000 documents. Some things to try: Disable your anti-virus software. Try opening the file in safe mode. Publisher 2000 and 2003 uses different WordArt, this could be a problem. Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft....

MBNA, Yodlle, Money 2006 problem
Over10 days ago I had an account transferred to MBNA Credit Card. (I already have 2 other accounts with them.) Since that time I've been trying to setup my accounts at MBNA in Money 2006. No luck. Each time I try and do it, I receive either the error message "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." or "Microsoft Money could not set up your account because of technial problems at your bank or brokerage..." Last Monday I called Microsoft about this since the problem had been ongoing for several days. They verified the problem and said th...

how to correct page setup errors in word 2003
Error message in Word 2003 page setup. "Settings you chose for the left and right margins, column spacings, or paragraph indents are too large for the page in some sections". I have tried everything I can think of to adjust, and still the message persists. Anyone know how to overcome this or to disable this function. Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, then click OK. If the problem occurs in a single document, this should correct it. If it occurs in all documents, you will need to follow the same steps in the Normal template; see htt...