Not able to import multiple Fidelity accounts

I have two Fidelity accounts, a brokerage and an Educational Account. When I
try to set up these accounts in Money 2006, none of the Education Account
information is imported. Money 2006 sets up the two accounts, but there is no
balance or transaction history for the Educational Account. It seems as
though Money sees there is an account but is not able to access anything. It
looks like I'll have to enter and update all Educational transactions
manually.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
John
Money 2006 Deluxe, IE 6, XP SP2.

0
John1063 (943)
11/10/2006 1:39:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I have 3 accounts at Fidelity - it works fine: it's a "setup thing ".
Did you create 2 accounts ? not one.
You create 2 accounts and they happen to both be at Fidelity. Create the
accounts , then update the brokerage info screen with your account
number / password etc. for each.

I called mine :
Fidelity Brokerage
Fidelity IRA
and
Roth IRA
and that's how they appear on my screen - not as " one Fidelity Account"

OK ?

Bobb

>I have two Fidelity accounts, a brokerage and an Educational Account.
>When I
> try to set up these accounts in Money 2006, none of the Education
> Account
> information is imported. Money 2006 sets up the two accounts, but
> there is no
> balance or transaction history for the Educational Account. It seems
> as
> though Money sees there is an account but is not able to access
> anything. It
> looks like I'll have to enter and update all Educational transactions
> manually.
>
> Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
>
> Thanks,
> John
> Money 2006 Deluxe, IE 6, XP SP2.

0
Bobb
11/10/2006 11:12:47 PM
I ha ve multiple Fidelity accounts also.  If by educational account you mean
that it is a 403B or 401A (or even a 401K) then that account is an
institutional account and must be set up with the institutional side of
Fidelity instead of the commercial side.  If it is a institutional
retirement, it uses a different web site and in the past not all
institutions would pay the cost of allowing automatic download.  Not certain
where this last item stands now.  I have 4 accounts on the retirement side
and 5 on the commercial side.

>I have 3 accounts at Fidelity - it works fine: it's a "setup thing ".
> Did you create 2 accounts ? not one.
> You create 2 accounts and they happen to both be at Fidelity. Create the
> accounts , then update the brokerage info screen with your account number
> / password etc. for each.
>
> I called mine :
> Fidelity Brokerage
> Fidelity IRA
> and
> Roth IRA
> and that's how they appear on my screen - not as " one Fidelity Account"
>
> OK ?
>
> Bobb
>

> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have two Fidelity accounts, a brokerage and an Educational Account. When
>> try to set up these accounts in Money 2006, none of the Education Account
>> information is imported. Money 2006 sets up the two accounts, but there
>> is no
>> balance or transaction history for the Educational Account. It seems as
>> though Money sees there is an account but is not able to access anything.
>> It
>> looks like I'll have to enter and update all Educational transactions
>> manually.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John
>> Money 2006 Deluxe, IE 6, XP SP2.

money 2006 problems importing from bank
whenever I import information from my bank uccu, it says that the import is complete and that I have one statement to read with 150 transactions to review, but when it opens to the account register, none of the new transactions show up. It shows the correct amount and date from my bank in the left hand corner, and it says that I still have 150 transactions to review. I have tried changing the online settings, emptying the temporary internet files, repairing the money file, and setting the account register to show all transactions, but so far nothing has worked. I have been able to i...

multiple NTDS Settings
to whom it may concern: is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC? any effect on this? thank you. On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:14:31 +0800, "sherwin de claro" <sherwin.de.claro@gmail.com> wrote: >to whom it may concern: > >is it possible to have more than 1 NTDS Settings in 1 DC? > >any effect on this? > > >thank you. > What do you mean here? If you're talking about AD Sites and Services then no, only one. You can have many replication conenctions under that, but only one "NTDS Settings" under the DC. yes its on AD Si...

help balancing account
I'm misunderstanding something fundamental about balancing accounts in MS Money 2004. To get started I downloaded several ofx files from my bank and imported them. I marked all the transactions as reconciled and tried to balance the account. My statements show a starting and ending date and a beginning and ending balance. I have tried entering a statement starting date for "Statement date:" and the starting and ending balance from that statment. The result I get is: "Money has calculeated a different starting balance than the one you entered." Why is it asking me for...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

IV reset tool offset accounts
would it be best to create two new IV offset accounts to be used for steps 4 and 5 in the IV Reset Tool process or just 1 new IV offset account is enough? what is recommended? thanks! Rheiner One account will be enough to be used in all the tool's steps, this account should have its value returned to zero after finalizing your reset process. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Rheiner" wro...

I can not set an msn account
Hi. I could set a free hotmail account using outlook. I receintly bought an extra storage account using msn. Now I have problems trying to set the msn account using outlook, in spite I could set the hotmail account without problem. I can read and send mail using the browser. Can somebody help me to set the msn account using outlook? I am receiving the error message: Configuration: Account: MSN Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp User name: username@msn.com Protocol: HTTPMail Port: 0 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800ccc19 ...

Importing Debtor transactions
We are importing debtors transactions into Great Plains. This month it was about 9400 transactions. We import them via Integration Manager (Text files) but it takes more than 8 hours to do. I would like to know of any suggestions of other import facilities to use that can provide a speed benefit. The alternatives I know of is the following: 1. Integration managed but with a ODBC connection to a SQL Server 2. eConnect Any comments are welcome. I had the same issue happen importing 10,000 invoices into the receivables module. I wrote an import that put the data directly into the t...

Prevent multiple entries in a month
I have a stored procedure that inserts note records and if a value > 0 is set in the @Units parameter AND the @ActivityCode sent = 64 then it looks to see if it should add a new ActivityHistory record and a ClientCaseNotes record. It is suppose to not create more than 1 record if there is already a record for a linked person (PeopleLinkID) for that same month. Below is the portion of the stored procedure where this is occurring. Note the IF @ActivityCode = 64 and NOT EXISTS .... section is as that is where it is failing. It creates 2 records for a month for 1 person and Act...

Interest balance on an account...
Say I have a loan of $10,000 at 7.9% AER. Interest is charged daily and compounded, which I can find out by using =(NOMINAL(7.9%,365)/365) which gives me 0.02083% for the daily interest rate. How can I write a formula that will automatically display the account balance (principal plus interest) on any given day in the past or future, or the present date of the system? Marcus ...

data entry on multiple worksheets
I have a book with one master worksheet and then several other worksheets with data from the master. Is it possible to have the data I enter or update on the master to automatically populate the correct information into the other worksheets, even though the other worksheets store the data on different rows than the master? Hi you could use cell links such as ='master sheet'!A1 in your target cells -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "diosdias" <diosdias@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A674ACB3-C5F7-477D-954E-561B85FF705E@microsoft.co...

Multiple problems with WLM
Multiple problems with WLM I realize that this problems list is long enough that it's unlikely that just one person will be able to solve them all. Therefore, it's OK to reply only for the one you can handle. Since some of these problems may be related, I decided to list them all in one post. 1. The All news view in the Quick views is either mislabelled, or unable to handle very large collections of unread newsgroups posts (I first saw this problem when the count was over 1,000,000, WLM was restarted, and the count dropped much lower (under 50,000). Since then I&#...

Creating an AD account don't make the mailbox in exch2K3
Hi, I don't understand what's happening. When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in exchange 2003. It was working a week ago... It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no mailbox. Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet. I believe that the mailbox is actually created only after the first message is sent to it or there is a first logon. So if you are looking for it and you do not see it, this may be the cause. Frank &qu...

multiple fies updating one file
Hi, How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing. I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps growing. Thank you Hi Vic; You can select and copy the range you want to link, then go to then go to the receiving sheet and click the top right cell. Click Edit / Paste Special and select Paste Link. This will link the entire range. If you happen to be running Office 2007 you can right click into the ...

PA Cost Categories should allow multiple transaction usage types
When creating new cost categories, in a real life project accounting or job cost environment, most clients don't want all their cost categories to be different. You should be able to say when setting up a cost category that you want that cost category to be able to be used as a Timesheet AND Purchases/Materials, you should be able to pick one or many of the usage types. I currently have a client that had to implement 2 million cost categories to get around this product limitation and there is not one good business reason why the software wouldn't allow this! Please place this...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

Restore Accounts Memo?
With Money 2006, I have restored my backups and found that this new file does not have my carefully annotated "Memo" field. Very disappointing. So is this just the way it is, or can I change a setting to include the memo field as part of the backup? I have checked the horrible help documentation with no answers. Its hard to beleive that MS would include a backup function and not include this important user input - on the other hand MS does do odd things now and then :) Thanks, Steve In microsoft.public.money, fogdrip wrote: >With Money 2006, I have restored my backup...

multiple accounts at a single bank
Can anyone help me set up downloads for multiple accounts at a single institution? When I change account numbers, it deletes the previous account. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, MichaelG wrote: >Can anyone help me set up downloads for multiple accounts >at a single institution? When I change account numbers, >it deletes the previous account. Thanks In Help Ask Money box enter "two accounts". ...

re replicate adc user accounts
Hello all, Some time ago during a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Some of our users were deleted after they were replicated over using the ADC, after contacting microsoft they instructed us to gointo exchange 5.5 admin.exe /r in raw mode and modify a attribute, and then replicate adc and your users will replicate over. I cant seem to remember what these attribute changes were could sombody point me in the right direction. The following KB describes the fix for your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256862 Stephen Shanks "Brian B" &...

Multiple Users for office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person. All help much appreciated CSR > Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the...

Multiple e-mail addresses #3
When a Contact has multiple e-mail addresses, how do I set one of them as a default? Now, emails are going to ALL of their addresses. Thanks-Rose ...

conditional sums and multiple criteria
Please help: I'm working on an award tracking system for individual girl scouts and a summary sheet that lists if each scout earned an award and the date it was awarded. I'm trying to calculate how many awards to purchase and need to count the number of completed awards only if date awarded field is blank. I've tried COUNTA, SUMIF, and keep coming up with errors. Do I need to combine functions? If so, how do I do this on the function bar? I'm a newbie and am not yet ready to get into VBA. Thanks! EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com To...

Outlook connector doesn't work
vWin7 starter, Outlook 2003, Outlook connector v 14 installed. When klicking "Outlook connector" and "Add a new account" in Outlook, nothing happens (absolutely nothing - no messages or boxes appear). I habe removed and reinstalled both Outlook and Outlook connector several times, no help in that. Anyone who have a suggestion? ...

Bug? Multiple values in merged cells
I found that merged cells can contain multiple values. Steps to reproduce: Type 1,2,3,4 in a1:d1 type sum(a1:d1) in e1 Select a1:b1 and merge Warning : MultipleData, overwrite? Say yes to merge Select the merged a1:b1 cells Copy Select c1 PasteSpecial Formats No warning.. no overwrite. c1:d1 are now merged BUT d1 still contains a value... and the SUM of a1:d1 = 8 !! Also happens with FormatPainter etc Behaviour observed in xl97,xlXP and xl2003 Error checking will find no fault in the sheet... and you can spend ages to find out WHY your cross sums dont match! (although now that i fou...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...

Multiple IF Functions #3
I'm new at this and am trying to put several different, unrelated IF formulas into a single cell but am having trouble with it. How do you differentiate between one formula and the next, but still have it in the same cell Is there a limit to the number of IF formulas you can put in one cell? If so, how many? Hi There is a limit of 7 nested IFs in a cell. A simple multiple IF scenario could be: =IF(A1<5,"under 5",IF(A1>5,"over 5","5")) This checks the value in A1 and gives the result in text. If the first IF returns FALSE, it continues into the next IF ...