Non taxable exchange of mutual funds

What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable
exchange of mutual funds in ms money?

0
fkennedy (1)
12/8/2003 3:45:09 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Fred  Kennedy wrote:

>What is the preferred manner of making and accounting for the non taxable
>exchange of mutual funds in ms money?

Handling a Mutual Fund Reorg or conversion from B to A shares.

If your mutual fund is involved in a tax-free reorganization, your
"B" shares are being converted to [fewer generally] "A" shares, or
a merger where you don't originally hold both funds:

1. Do an appropriate split of the fund.  You will need to input
the split ratio a ratio of integers (1 ...  65535).  Post the ratio
you want to achieve.

2. In the investment details, change the symbol.

3. Change the investment name.

4. Add a brief comment to the investment to explain the change.

This does not handle the case where only part of your shares are
converting.  (You got sold again, did you?  Think no-load next
time.)

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

generating address list in exchange server 2003 from external LDAP server
Hi, I was wondering about the best way of generating address lists in exchange servr 2003 from an external LDAP server. Today clients (outlook 2003) can lookup mailadresses from the external directory through the addressbook, but I want to create address lists on the exchange server. Any id�as. best regards Ola Check the software from www.cps-systems.com . Simple-Sync shoudl do what you want. -------------------------- Martin Tuip MVP Exchange Exchange 2000 List owner www.exchange-mail.org www.sharepointserver.com exchange2000-subscribe@yahoogroups.com -------------------------- &q...

OWA exchange #2
Hey all. I was curious, can you have different AD accounts connect to the same Mailbox through OWA. Example I have a user Bob, he is a traveling sales guy, he wants to have a different login in the office then he does on the road. Sof his login in the office is Bob1 His login on the road Bob2 Can I set them up so that his primary user is Bob1(where is mailbox is), and disable his outlook web access and then setup a user Bob2 that can log in through OWA to Bob1's mailbox? Basic Idea is that his security isn't very good in the office(i know, i know, I'm not the boss though jus...

Need to make a .PST from Exchange 2003
Hello all - I've used exmerge.exe to pull out a .pst file. However, the .pst file is over 2GB (it's 2.3gb) so I can't get it to open in Outlook 2003. I used the PST2GB.EXE to pare the file size down to 2GB, but when I go to open it, I get an error. So, then I run "scanpst.exe" on it, and let it finish. Afterwards, I go to open the .pst file, and there there's no "Inbox", "Sent Items", etc in Outlook2003. ... Instead, all I see are "Recovered Folder 8082" and "Recovered Folder 80C2". Basically, I need to create a PST f...

exchange Mail Backup Question
Windows 2003 R2 Windows 2003 Exchange Server I have about 15 exchange users in my organization. I would like to disable user to delete and Move any incoming and outgoing mails at least one full backup (24h). We do not arrow user to create Personal PST. Right now, I can capture incoming mails only using forward and keep copy, but I can not capture send mails. I am looking if I can archive mail as soon as receive and send mails. Archive PST is on server sheard dirve, Once a month owner will look usermails and delete unnessesary (Junk) mails to keep exchange mailbox smaller. ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Size Guidelines?
I was wondering if there is any documentation from Microsoft or third parties that have stated mailbox size limitions, performance based on mailbox size and specific Outlook clients, etc? I'm familiar with the documentation related to Outlook <-> Exchange network traffic, and limitations on Store size based on specific versions, Outlook PST/OST file limitations in earlier versions, etc...but I never see any details regarding mailbox size vs performance, except some MS documents related to mailbox size limits for calculation of store size/migrations... My constant struggle is ...

Washington mutual business banking online
I can't connect with money 2005 to WM business banking site, any thing that can be done? ...

How can Excel be e mailed and read by a non excel user?
I want to send an Excel file to someone that does not have Excel on his computer. He cannot open the file. Is there some other format that I can save the Excel file in that he can read but not edit? Try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN -- Richard "Mike Kasper" wrote: > I want to send an Excel file to someone that does not have Excel on his > computer. > He cannot open the file. Is there some other format that I can save the > Excel file in that he can read but not edit? ...

Win2000 Domain, Adding 2K3 Server, Exchange 2k3 Errors
I have a network that consists of 8 Windows 2000 servers. 6 local servers, and 2 at remote locations. Of the 6 servers I have here, 4 of them are domain controller and 2 are just member servers. The 2 servers most important to this post are my main domain controller that runs DHCP, DNS, and it holds all FSMO roles and is a global catalog server. The other server I'll mention alot is my exchange server that is exchange 2003 running on windows server 2000. By the way, the exchange server is also a global catalog server. What I want to do is insert a new server running server 200...

Last Exchange 5.5 Server is site....need to delete server and site
We had an Exchange 5.5 server that was the last server in an administrative site that was improperly removed from our Exchange 5.5 Organization. As it stands now, this site and server still exist within the Exchange 5.5 Org however in reality do not exist. How can I delete this server and Site from my Exchange 5.5 Org? Is this something that can be done in raw mode? Thanks! As long as the old server does not exist or is not on-line you can go into the System Administrator in RAW mode and delete the server. I hope that helps Hi Robert, Thanks for your response. Actually, I am n...

Exchange 2003 SP2 IMF Filter-External scan
I have enabled the IMF content filter on our exchange server (why arent these instructions anywhere on the microsoft release notes?) It seems to be filtering internal email as well as external email. How can I have it only scan external emails? Thanks. Craig Um - deploy it on a gateway server? If you put IMF on a mailbox server, it's going to scan all messages that go to that mailbox server. I wouldn't expect messages to be filtered by IMF if sent from internal users, though... What do you have as your IMF settings? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig&quo...

Outlook 2003 will not connect to Exchange 2003 via terminal server session.
Background: SBS 2003 environment, one Win2k3 server running Term Srvs in application mode. Unable to open Outlook 2003 client while in term srv session. Receive the following message and then outlook closes. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The set of folders could not be opened. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the action." Turned on logging in Outlook. Below are the 3 corresponding app log events Source: Outlook ...

spam mails with exchange 2003
Hi all, I am testing symantec SMS for exchange 2003.For that i want ot test the antipam feature of SMS . So i have got some spam mails for testing.Through telnet i copy the content of the mail and send it to a valid mailbox , for the first time the mail is detected by Exchange and SMS reports it as spam message whcih is right behaviour.But after that if i send the same spam,its not even recieved by the exchange so sms is not able to detect it. if we send a normal message instaed of spam mail, that mail is received by the sender, but not the spam mail . I checked the exchange logs also , bu...

Email displays in non-email cells
I have a spreadheet that has a list of contacts. One of the fields is Email and it contains the email address of the individual. I also have a Telephone field. 1. When I hover over the Email cell or click in it, the wrong email address is displayed but yet the correct email is displayed in the formula bar. This only happens if the email is not a hyperlink. If the email is a hyperlink, it works correctly. 2. If I click on a Phone cell, in some cases, it opens up the email window. In both case, the cell format is General. I ran Norton and McAfee anti-virus and my PC and the sheet are clean. ...

Second Exchange 2003 Server Across WAN
We have two offices that share the same AD Domain. We have different domains for e-mail addresses. Currently all of our e-mail is hosted in the one location. I would like to have their e-mail be local to them. I don't really know the steps, but if someone could lead me I'd appreciate it. I'm guessing: 1) Install E2003 on the remote branch server 2) Bring it up to date with same service packs that are applied in the local branch. 3) Move the mailboxes from one server to another (is this possible) 4) set up the DNS server to point to the second exchange for their separate e-...

Junk Mail Filter w/ Exchange
I upgraded to Office 2003. Upon installing Outlook (running on MS Exchange) and setting up the Junk Mail filter, I got a message regarding using the filter with Exchange. I didn't get what the message said, but the filter does not work. It does not block any receipts in my Blocked list. What do I need to do to make it work? Is this an exchange issue? My exchange is 2000. Are you using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/o...

How to perform a Disaster Recovery restore of an Exchange Server?
I have the backup of the complete Exchange information store from a month ago, and I have been asked to perform a test disaster recovery of the Exchange server. I propose to do this, by building this server again in a test lab, using a server built from a genuine PDC disk as the domain controller for Active Directory related functions. WE have a Windows 2000 \ Exchange 2000 SP3 setup. Here are the steps I think are correct: Get the equipment necessary (two servers, a switch, network cables, the backup tapes from the network's existing Exchange server information store, and have the a m...

Non Tax Items on Receipt
I am new to RMS so I am still learning. When customer prints a receipt report at the end of the day, they want to show how much tax exempt sales were made that day. Currently they have to go through each customer to see, or is there a better way. Thanks! I use the 'Sales Tax Analysis Report' to get Non Taxable Sales. Definitely a pain. I could not believe it was not on the Z report or the Register Analysis Report. I actually run both those reports and output them to files, and then have an Excel macro that combines them. Then I keep the one printed report for the fil...

wab.exe non-readable after XP re-install.. HELP!
Hi, I recently had to reinstall my operating system (XP) and before doing so saved a copy of my address book as a wab.exe file in an external drive. After reinstalling XP and Outlook Express I tried to import the address book. But when using the import feature to view the back up file, it doesnt show any file at all. It doesnt recognize the saved wab.exe file. It appears invisable. But its there, when I look at the folder directly. I have extensive folders with 1000's of contacts in the saved wab.exe file and now cant seem to find any way to access it. I know its still fu...

Exchange 5.5 SP4 #2
I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any suggestions? has any event log? -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Sam" <salobaidi@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :3253e735.0410281852.71e170a4@posting.google.com... > I have upgraded Exchange 5.5 SP2 to SP4 and now I can't send and > receive emails all the messages are queuing in the MTA. Any > suggestions? In post-SP3 and SP4 MTAs, the MTA requires FQDN resolution to work, so that may be it. As Jammy says, there should be something in the event log a...

Mass Mail and Exchange 2003 Enterprise
Hi, Not sure if posting in right group but hope some one can help. My company is currently outsourcing its bulk emails which consist of 65000 emails going out roughly every 3 weeks (this would most likely increase if we do it in house). We want to take this back in house and looking on building a new exchange environment using ms exchange 2003 enterprise. Prob on an IBM 366 with quads. The bulk emails will have a separate sub domain and its own Information Store, gateway and own internet connection. Our existing exchange environment would then get migrated to this one. which only handles 50...

Exchange 2003 Question #7
Dear all, I would like to know if Exchange 2003 services have a correct sequence of starting up. I am asking this question because it happened to my server today. Exchange server is a member server of the domain. So today we have a power outage and the domain server was slower to startup before the exchange server. So the exchange services could not start due to not being able to contact the domain server. I then manually restarted exchange services. The odd thing is that all email both internal and from external is not delivered (otherwise the client outlook can function except ...

Microsoft Exchange-Microsoft Outlook trouble shooting.
I cannot get acces or open up my Outlook... everytime I try it tells me that Microsoft Exchange connection is unavailable and that Outlook must be online or connected to be completed...what does it mean?? I'm always connected to the internet too... Help me please! Are you working in Offline mode? File > Work Online/Offline. "Emilie Ku" <Emilie Ku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9B8E2BF-4838-4C86-A953-66435E95FCEF@microsoft.com... > I cannot get acces or open up my Outlook... everytime I try it tells me that > Microsoft Exchange con...

Multiple accounts in Outlook 2003 (Exchange + POP)
Following a number of searches - and having read some solutions posted by kind folks - I still have a question about this. With apologies if a solution for this has been posted before (I did a search, but couldn't find anything) I have a problem that maybe this community can solve. I use Outlook 2003 primarily to connect to an Exchange server via VPN (we'll call that account dave@corporate.com), but also use two other accounts (dave@personal.com and dave@cconsulting.com) frequently throughout the day. As traffic into them is roughly equal during the business day, it's not conveni...

Re-installing Exchange 2003
How can i re-install Exchange 2003 while preserving the current mailboxes and mailbox contents? Re-run setup and choose the option Reinstall... Is there some specific reason that you are looking to reinstall? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "J Speed" <J_speed259@fsmail.net.INVALID> wrote in message news:eKYUU$eiEHA.2764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can i re-install Exchange 2003 while preserving the current mailboxes > and mailbox contents? > > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:34:59 +0100, "J Speed" <J_speed259@fsmail.net.INVALID> wrote: >How c...

Exchange 2003 Queue Errors
I have been getting queues warnings and errors emailed from my Exchange 2003 server for the last 2 days. I've checked the queues, they seem OK, they are delivering. I can see that the Internet Mail SMTP connector queue is a little backed up, but only 40 messages at a time. There is a MSExchangeTransport message in the event log thats been repeated every hour since the trouble began. It says it can't connect to my mailsweeper server and reason is 'the semaphore timeout period has expired'. Can't find anything about that in Technet. Exchange/Outlook seems to running O...