No Warning When Transaction Edits Are Going To Be Lost

I don't know how many times I have finished editing a transaction, and then
inadvertently clicked somewhere else, like up into the register to see a
prior example, and lost all my edits.  The real problem is that there is no
notification from Money that I am about to lose all my edits, it just trashes
them.

Sure would be nice if Money asked me if I want to save the edits before
discarding them, yes??

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=53135527-2ff3-4e69-bf9c-aa89575ecf51&dg=microsoft.public.money
0
Lloyd (37)
12/5/2007 5:16:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't know how many times I have finished editing a transaction, and then
> inadvertently clicked somewhere else, like up into the register to see a
> prior example, and lost all my edits.  The real problem is that there is
> no
> notification from Money that I am about to lose all my edits, it just
> trashes
> them.
>
> Sure would be nice if Money asked me if I want to save the edits before
> discarding them, yes??
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=53135527-2ff3-4e69-bf9c-aa89575ecf51&dg=microsoft.public.money

Better yet, it should remember the data entries, so when you go back, they
are not lost.

0
taylor1 (52)

How do I edit the subject line of emails that I've received?
I used to be able to edit the subject line of my received emails that are in my Inbox. Some people do not know how to compose a helpful subject line. :) Somehow I hit the wrong key or the wrong button, and now my ability to edit is gone. I can't figure out how to do it again, and I can't find it in Help topics. I might not be searching for the correct phrase, though. Any help would be SO appreciated. Thanks! Reply to the email, change the Subject line and then close it, saving the changes. "e11en" <e11en@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Regular investment transactions
My wife's 401K broker's website does not integrate directly with Money. It doesn't even have the almost as good option of letting you download and then import the transactions. They have to be entered by hand. This is not a *huge* hassle, but it does mean entering purchases 5 different investments weekly and I'd like to be able to automate it somewhat. My first thought was that I could enter this as recurring investments in the bills section, but the problem with this is of course that the price of the investment changes each week. (What would be great is if the program c...

Transaction by Document not opening
I just upgraded from version 6 to Dynamics 9 SP4 (9.00.0352). For some reason now I can't open Transaction by Document (Inquiry-Sales). Any ideas why that doesn't open? I tried logging on as 'sa' and myself with neither working. This window was not modified in the previous version. Thanks, Beth Well, that was the immediate point that came to my mind. Form being Modified. You can still give it a try to revert the access back to the original GP form (to ensure that you do have access to that form), by either doing it from Advanced Security or by running the Security Rec...

publisher, wrong edition?
im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from another version, is there anything i can do? At college, save the file in the version of Publisher you have at home. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jessica" <jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7222AD16-3FE4-447C-B239-FB4A48E1DF1A@microsoft.com... > im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and > open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from > another &g...

lost cell formats
I am using excel 2007 on a dual monitor set up. I have had a number of spreadsheets then when opened have "lost" all the graphics - color, underlines etc. This has happened a number of different spreadsheets. Once it happens you cannot get the spreadsheet to save any graphics - you cannot add it back. When it reopens its gone again. These sheets are saves as .XLS sheets. Any idea what is doing this? ...

Can't open a Publisher 2K file in Publisher 2002, edit text only .
Why can't I open an existing Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2002, then make minor text edits and re-save the file in Publisher 2000 without getting the error message, "There is a picture on page 1 that is too large to be converted to previous versions of Publisher." Publisher 2000 did not use compression... PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253973 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Art Frustrated with Publisher...

Receivables transactions custom fields
We have multiple outside billings systems that we integrate with Great Plains. There are some items that we need to bring in that we have a custom table to hold. It would be nice to have fields in the Receivable Transaction screen that are customizable to our use. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cl...

TILE can help you to edit RMS or POS 2009 items in seconds
TILE can make the task of record editing and updating extremely easy. With TILE, you will simply open your RMS records in a grid-like view (as we have in MS-Excel), quickly apply one or more filters, use your mouse to select the records, right-click, enter the desired value and update. All 100 records will be updated in a flash! For details, visit: http://www.24sevencart.com/tile.htm On Apr 22, 4:55=A0pm, Mark Antonio <antonio.mark...@gmail.com> wrote: > TILE can make the task of record editing and updating extremely easy. > With TILE, you will simply open your RMS recor...

CAsyncSocket crashes when I go too fast
I can make my software work indefinitely - if I don't try to send too much data. I open communication. I setup a timer to send data. If I keep it below about 20Kbytes per second, I can go indefinitely. Somewhere above that and I get a gpf within seconds. I feel like there is some internal buffer that I am overflowing... I'm keeping it very basic. I'm not using the CFile classes. I'm simply sending data using the Send() and Receive() functions. Maybe you should post some code. Ali R. "Edward Schmitz" <eschmitzvcsupport@dac-systems.com> wrot...

Custom Context Menu for Edit Control
Hello all .. I have a control bar class, CTextBar, derived from the child of CControlBar which uses an edit control (CTextEdit derived from CEdit). And i want to create a custom context menu for the edit control with Copy, Selectall and Wordwrap. My wordwrap implementation is kind of not perfect and i feel it could be done better. However, currently i use something like destroying the edit control and recreating it with the right flags set to make the wordwrap effect, as in a notepad. This implementation has a disadvantage because it needs a pointer to its parent window (in this case, the CCo...

Can't "edit" underlined value in Rules Wizard screen
Running Outlook 2002. I go to Tools, Rules Wizard, and highlight an email filter called Junk Email. The filter works well, no problem. However, I want to delete some email addresses from that particular filter. The instructions over the lower half of that display say "click on an underlined value to edit it." However, clicking on the "Junk Senders" value does not open it. What do you think is wrong? All the other values in all the other filters in Rules Wizard will open and allow me to edit them. Marc ...

Money 2003
I have a problem with downloading statements from my bank. If a = downloaded deposit needs to be matched with multiple entries in the = register as when depositing several items at once, I can manually match = them up just fine. The problem is the next time I download, Money = somehow does not realize the transaction has already been downloaded and = I get another copy. At this point I am stuck since I can not re-match it = and deleting the downloaded transaction just causes it to be downloaded = again. Matching downloaded transactions with a single entry causes no = problems. Any ideas on wha...

Inventry field in Receivings Transaction Entry
I have done an upgrade from GP9 to GP 10. Since the upgrade the additional line on the Receivings Transaction Entry window is missing, the fields in question are: Inventry Account, Tax Detail ID, Change Reason and Tax Amount. How do I get this back on again? -- Stephen Great Plains Consultant Stephen, was this a customization you had in GP 9.0? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9123...

Money 2001 Small Business Edition (UK)
Hi, I have lost my Money 2001 CD which I got with my Dell laptop back in 2001, and have been running fine ever since. I installed some software which is now forcing Money to reinstall itself, and I cannot find my CD. So I need to upgrade (which is fine), but which version support the old 2001 Small Business edition? Many thanks, Hi I managed to find out that the version is Personal and Business, not Small Business. Can anyone offer some advice as to which versions are compatible with which? I simply need to access my personal account transactions as the business side was never us...

Missing attachment warning
Outlook should have it built in so that if the word 'attached' or 'attachment' is in the text, a warning message should tell you if an attachment is missing before allowing you to send it. The first time this happens you should be given the option to ignore this funcionality in future. Having the warning would save the hassle (an sometimes embarrasment) of having to follow up an email when attchments have been missed off. It happens all the time where I work... Cheers, Paul ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

OT Warning re CA Antivirus on Windows 7
CA Antivirus 8.x will install normally and appear to function on Windows 7, but it will not actually update anything (signature files, drivers, etc.). There is apparently a patch available - make sure you read the Readme file from the download at https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/phpsupcontent?contentID=220003. I can't comment on if this patch works or how well - I'm installing Forefront Client Security on the Win7 machines instead. Thanks. -- Allan Williams Dave Nickason [SBS MVP] wrote: > CA Antivirus 8.x will install normally and appear ...

Editing an Automatically Sent Message
We have a user that setup a message to automatically be send each Monday. They now wish to edit that message, problem is, I cannot seem to find it. It doesn't even show up in her sent items. I am sure it is an easy fix, but it has alluded me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mark Winning Systems Administrator Martin Memorial Health Systems ...

Unclassified Transactions In Report
I am using MS Money 2002. I cannot create a report that allows me to include unclassified transactions while leaving some (but not all) classifications unselected. It appears that the only options are (A) to only include specific classifications or (B) include all classifications including unclassified transactions. There seems to be no way to inlcude only some classifications and also include unclassified transactions. This option is available in Quicken, and the limitation in MSMoney is keeping me from making the transition (which I would very much like to make). Could you tel...

Can't enter new transactions
Please help...I can't enter new withdrawals..I get the message "This transaction cannot be entered" Haven't changed any settings just started with this message today. In microsoft.public.money, Diane wrote: >Please help...I can't enter new withdrawals..I get the message "This >transaction cannot be entered" Haven't changed any settings just started >with this message today. Make a repaired version of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2. If that does not do it, restore a backup that predates the problem. ...

Outlook prevents me from editing messages using cursor
Every now and then, Outlook prevents me from editing messages properly. I can't position my cursor directly within the text, but rather have to use the arrow keys to move back and forth/up and down in order to move around within the message. Also, when this occurs, I cannot select text to set in boldface text, italics, etc. What causes this? Hi Sandra, You are telling what is happening, but not what you have. What operating system are you using? What Service Pack Level? What version of Outlook are you using? Who is your Mouse Manufacturer? Are you using...

Money 2006 Warnings
Have been getting warnings (from Microsoft) that I should upgrade Money 2006 by 1 September 2006. If I do nothing will there be dire consequences? I.e., will I be denied access? The upgrade warning is not at all clear about this. Alexm In microsoft.public.money, Alexm wrote: >Have been getting warnings (from Microsoft) that I should upgrade >Money 2006 by 1 September 2006. If I do nothing will there be dire >consequences? I.e., will I be denied access? The upgrade warning is >not at all clear about this. You will not be denied access to your file. You will be able to enter ...

Lost folder from Mailbox
I have a user who emptied his Deleted Items folder. As soon as he did that, he noticed that a folder he had created under the Mailbox (let's call it Fred) was also gone. Can this folder be recovered from the Exchange server? It's possible (says he) that Fred had been mistakenly moved into the Deleted Items folder before the user did the empty. If this is the case, is Fred permanently lost? Jason -- It's all about me; but I'm all humble about it. Never mind: Click on Deleted Items. From the Tool menu, select Recover Deleted Items. -- It'''&...

Best way to record 401k transactions?
My company uses Vanguard for our 401k. When I download into Microsoft Money, I only see my account holdings. Does anyone know an easy way to insert transactions other than manually inputting each one? Here's the info from Vanguard: "Microsoft has chosen to implement 401(k) and similar employer-sponsored retirement accounts by providing only the account's holdings in the Microsoft Money account. When you download and import an OFX file for an employer plan account from Vanguard, Money will update your holdings using "Add Shares" or "Remove Shares" transac...

Transaction complete screen
Is there a way to automatically close the window that pops up when a transaction is complete? If an item is scanned while that window is up, it will not add to the transaction screen. This results in the potential for that item to not be recoreded as sold. Basically giving away the item.. Yes you can...go into manager and I think off the top of my head it's in the configerations screen. Oh you need to have the latest version downloaded, and for that you need to search the MS site...I heard it was moved, have not had a chance to check on it yet, and you must be a partner to download...

Autocomplete address is incorrect
I have Outlook XP/Windows XP. I just migrated over from 2000, so if this is a no-brainer, please bear with me - I'm still a bit lost. I like that Outlook is now doing the autocomplete (or suggest) thing in the TO and CC name fields. But one seems to have gotten ahold of an incorrect name, and I'd like to know where to go to correct it. Help didn't give me much help. When I type in the first four letters, I get Last Name, First Name; when the name is completed, I get Last Name, First Name; First Name - and of course Outlook doesn't recognize the second First Name as valid. ...