Newbie: Questions about online statements

Ok,

I've been using MS Money 2000 for some time now but have just now tried
to use the online statements option to download my checking account
statement into Money.

Things were going along pretty well until I finished and clicked the
'Done' button. Since my account balance did not match up with the bank
statement I started doing so looking around.

It seems I must have mis-matched a downloaded transaction with the
incorrect entry that was already in the check register.

How do I fix this? In the check register it shows an 'E' in the
cleared/reconciled column and I can change that to 'C' but that does not
seem to help.

What I have done is matched up a downloaded transaction that was a
$75.00 payment to Discover Card with a debit to K-Mart that was already
in the check register. Unfortunately the Discover Card transaction has
not made it to the bank yet so I need a way to unset the
cleared/reconcile option to blank. My only choices seem to be C or E
right now.

Anyone understand what I'm talking about and how to fix it????

Thanks,
Mike Campbell

0
nobody (271)
10/23/2003 7:33:58 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Mike Campbell wrote:

>I've been using MS Money 2000 for some time now but have just now tried
>to use the online statements option to download my checking account
>statement into Money.
>
>Things were going along pretty well until I finished and clicked the
>'Done' button. Since my account balance did not match up with the bank
>statement I started doing so looking around.
>
>It seems I must have mis-matched a downloaded transaction with the
>incorrect entry that was already in the check register.
>
>How do I fix this? In the check register it shows an 'E' in the
>cleared/reconciled column and I can change that to 'C' but that does not
>seem to help.
>
>What I have done is matched up a downloaded transaction that was a
>$75.00 payment to Discover Card with a debit to K-Mart that was already
>in the check register. Unfortunately the Discover Card transaction has
>not made it to the bank yet so I need a way to unset the
>cleared/reconcile option to blank. My only choices seem to be C or E
>right now.
>
>Anyone understand what I'm talking about and how to fix it????

File->Restore would if you have a suitable backup file. If not, you
have the opportunity to ask yourself why not.

You can also delete/void the transaction and re-enter it.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/23/2003 7:40:26 PM
Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Mike Campbell wrote:
>

>>I've been using MS Money 2000 for some time now but have just now tried
>>to use the online statements option to download my checking account
>>statement into Money.
>>
>>Things were going along pretty well until I finished and clicked the
>>'Done' button. Since my account balance did not match up with the bank
>>statement I started doing so looking around.
>>
>>It seems I must have mis-matched a downloaded transaction with the
>>incorrect entry that was already in the check register.
>>
>>How do I fix this? In the check register it shows an 'E' in the
>>cleared/reconciled column and I can change that to 'C' but that does not
>>seem to help.
>>
>>What I have done is matched up a downloaded transaction that was a
>>$75.00 payment to Discover Card with a debit to K-Mart that was already
>>in the check register. Unfortunately the Discover Card transaction has
>>not made it to the bank yet so I need a way to unset the
>>cleared/reconcile option to blank. My only choices seem to be C or E
>>right now.
>>
>>Anyone understand what I'm talking about and how to fix it????
>

> File->Restore would if you have a suitable backup file. If not, you
> have the opportunity to ask yourself why not.
>
> You can also delete/void the transaction and re-enter it.

Well I did the file->restore option to get back to my last backup but
that means that I have to re-download and mark all my transactions again
and hope I don't make another mistake.

I was hoping for an easier solution. The delete/void is easier but I'd
have to be careful and be sure I remember what the 2 mis-matched
transactions were.

0
nobody (271)

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Cannot Update Prices Online
I can no longer updated prices online. I use 2003 stnd. When on Portfolio page, if i click on Update Prices on the left, the only option I now have is Update Prices Manually. There is no longer any option for Update Prices Online. Also, on the home page if I do click the Update Online Quotes link, all it does is refresh my related investment charts on the home page. This has worked with no problem as long as I can remember. I cannot think of any changes or updates I have made to the software or options... Standard Edition? In use for a year now? Read the License Agreement (Hel...

Newbie question
'hello, can someone explain in plain English what this formula is actually saying: =IF(C32="FOB",(B28:C28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B19)-B28,(B28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B20)-B28) I understand the C32="FOB", but the rest I don't. I know it is referencing another spreadsheet but don't know what it is looking at?? Thanks bassman Double-click on the cell with the formula and you will see the syntax IF(logical_test, [value_if_true], [value_if_false]) You have a logical text for "FOB" on C32 of active sheet. If True the...

Question about clip art, etc
Whenever I use clip art in Publisher or Word (2000) it says to insert the CD (#2) that has it on it. Which I do. Before I reinstalled WINDOWS a few weeks ago, and had to put everything in again, I had the clip art on my computer. So, if I needed something it was right there and I didn't need to keep putting in the CD. I have tried this several times, in Word (mainly, though I use clip art in Publisher too and have that function, using clip art, enabled- after it asked if I wanted to) The CD brings up the install and I click ADD OR REMOVE FEATURES and click on the clip art and "...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Winfax question before purchase
i dont know where else to place this and there have been alot of posts in here relating to winfax, so here goes: I run a business and all of the time we get customers telling us they faxed something, and we have no record of it. now sometimes they never sent it...sometimes they sent it upside down and we received it blank..sometimes we just lost it. I am thinking that Winfax might be a solution to my problems, but I need to know a few things. A. can I set up winfax so that I plug my fax line into my comp, it receives the fax, and automatically prints it out to my printer (functioning jus...

newbie: notification ?
I' having a hard time getting my head around a problem. I have a CDialog and inside OnInitDialog I add some controls to the dialog. Notably the SSPlitter class from: http://www.codeproject.com/splitter/SSplitter.asp Everything works very well and it is generally an easy class to work with. I have encountered a situation where I need to catch some of it's notifications like: size, scroll, etc and I can't figure out how I do this? Usually when using the UI designer, I click on a control and then in the properties window I can add the notification handler. OR, if there is an ...

Online Quotes don't work anymore
Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS Money 2001 standard. Any clues? There was a glitch for a bit that seems to be cleared up now... "Robert" <bob@flythrough.com> wrote in message news:069d01c357ca$e4ccc060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS > Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >-----Original Message----- >Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS >Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >. >I have the same issue. It worked the first time but not since. Big problem for m...

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Junk E-Mail filter unavailable in online mode
We had Outlook 2003 clients on an Exch 2000 server, and, as expected, the Junk E-Mail filter was not available when working in online mode. In cached mode it was working fine. Now, after upgrading the organization and server to Exch 2003, the Junk E-Mail filter is still not available in online mode. According to all the MS documentation this should be working. Any ideas? Thanks kindly, FV All of the documentation that I have know of says that it works on in Cache Mode. Can you give us a link to the documentation that you saw that shows it will work with online profiles? Thanks, -- Matth...

Case statement for unbound textbox
I am creating an invoice where each product is totaled in an unbound textbox call [LineTotal]. Here is the complicate part. The total is based on certain conditions. I was able to do it just fine on the form, but am having a hard time getting it to do it in the report. First, if there is a discount I have to take that into effect. Second, if there are multiple copies I give a 50% discount unless the hours are 15 min (always $2.50) or 1 hour (always $10). Anyone know what I should do?? Thanks, KS Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) If PrintCount = 0 Then ...

Input mask & Format question
Greetings I use the input mask \(999") "999\-9999 in the Phone field of my table. I wanted the brackets, space and dash stored in the table because the data is imported into other applications. 1234567890 is stored as (123) 456-7890. On one of my forms there is a combobox with fields CustID, CustName, Phone. My problem is how to format the phone number in the cbo. It shows up as 1234567890. Thanks in advance Becky Hi - Set the input mask to \(999") "999\-9999:0 (adding semicolon - zero). This forces the literals to be stored along with the other characters...

No negatives, Newbie
I have the following function in my spreadsheet =SUM(D10+E10-20) However, should the math result in a negative number I want it t display zero instead. How would I accomplish this -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31495 Try This =IF(SUM(D10+E10-20)<0,0,(SUM(D10+E10-20)) -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty&#...

how do I keep email messages online and also go to outlook
When I open outlook my email messages go to outlook and if I am away from home can no longer open my yahoo mail account or att mail acount and see my messages because then downloaded into my outlook. Is there a way to have the move ot outlook, but not leave my online account? Set Outlook to leave messages on the server for the accounts in question. -- Russ Valentine "jann" <jann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146B7F22-72FC-4BF6-A672-06EC5ED88C87@microsoft.com... > When I open outlook my email messages go to outlook and if I am away from &...

Can Outlook 2003 recieve America Online Email?
If so, How do I configure it? Thanks in advance!!! Regards, Steve B. PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com In article <badusvo6h7u64gt9b33e67a7m1q1ppsh8u@4ax.com>, PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com says... > If so, How do I configure it? > Thanks in advance!!! > Regards, > Steve B. > PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com > 1) There is no such thing as "America Online email". ALL email is "electronic internet mail", or "email", and may be received by ANY email client which is set up for it.. 2) If you have access to the America Online...

Online payment for bills with special categories, possible?
For instance I have bills for my credit card or loan payments that I have categorized as either "credit card payment: Amex" or "Loan Payment: Wells Fargo". When I view the bills in the summart there is no option to pay these online. Am I missing something? ...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...

Graph question #2
Hi Folks, Quick query with regards to how data is read by a graph. I have a sheet featuring the number of staff assigned to the call centre at 1/2 hour points throughout the day. This data is stored in a sheet called 'Data' and in cells D17, E17, F17 etc etc. The data within this page is not very well presented as it is run automatically from the system we use here so I have made a more presentable table and graph. For the table for each 1/2 i simply reference the cell in the data page so that all i have to do to update the sheet week by week is paste fresh data in. Using =Data!D17 t...

Charting with IF Statement
Hello, I have the following IF statement: =IF(SUM(F5:G5)=0,"",F5/SUM(F5:G5)*100) In charting this data, the "" is charted as a 0 instead of a blank. I want it to be a blank. Is there a way around this? Thanks, Bill The #N/A error is ignored by charts. =IF(SUM(F5:G5)=0,#N/A,F5/SUM(F5:G5)*100) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Bill" <bill@bpiconsulting.com> wrote in message news:ipbFe.9062$oZ.1106@newsrea...

look up tables and IF statements
=VLOOKUP(G2,$C$30:$F$369,2) I have managed to create a look up table using the office assistant, and the formula above dumps information into cell G3. If G2 is empty or has a zero I don't want G3 to have anything in it. At the moment it just keeps coming up with #N/A Can anyone tell me what formula I should be using please Hi Rick! Would this modification do? =IF(OR(G2<>0,G2<>""),VLOOKUP(G2,$C$30:$F$369,2),"") Hope this helps! -- Thanks and kind regards "Rick" wrote: > =VLOOKUP(G2,$C$30:$F$369,2) > I have managed to create a lo...

Question to a MSDN-Article (WordML)
Hi all, in ref. to the MSDN-Article "New XML Features of the Microsoft Office Word 2003 Object Model" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_wd2003_ta/html/odc_Wdnew2k3XMLOM.asp) I've got a few questions: 1.) They say, the first step to work with XML in a word document is to add the XML-Schema to the Application-Object. As I want to work with the WordML (Word Object Model), I suppose I need to load this Schema. But obviously I've got no xsd-file available. How can I manage to work with the WordML then? 2.) To extract text from a word documen...

Microsoft CRM cannot go online.
we have been running CRM for over a year and in the last couple of days all outlook clients have lost the ability to go online. Accessing crm through ie is working fine. i have verified the registry under the HKCU\software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient - saw nothing out of the norm. On our network we have recently added ISA 2005 and exchange 2007. I am aware of the exchange router issue with 2007. we recently rolled out the CRM rollup 2 and had no problems after deployment. Has anyone seen this issue before? thank you G This is becuse of conflight with exchange 2007 and you have to repair the...