newbee ?: Money 2004 associate a budget to a specific account

my girlfriend and I have a joint account.  Each month we put money in it to
pay bills, get groceries, etc.  I would like to establish a budget that will
be associated with this account.

For example, if for some reason there is less money in the account then
usual, I would like to see the budget overview reflect these scenarios.  I
forced my through the budget wizard and created a new group and specifed an
income to mimic the amount that we transfer into the joint account, but I'm
not happy with this.

Basically, I would just like to create a budget linked to one account.  Any
ideas, tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Steve Klett

0
asd2 (7)
11/2/2004 1:36:56 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Office:mac 2004 installation problem
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me... Way back in March I bought a new MacBook, and with it a copy of Office:mac 2004 student & teacher edition. I installed my copy of Office straight away, but didn't realise I needed to uninstall the Trial edition first. Every time I opened anything in Office, both the REAL and TRIAL editions started up - which is obviously quite annoying - so I tried to uninstall the trial. However, the REAL Office then stopped working. Getting a bit fed up, I tried to completely remove all traces of Office and start again. However, when I tr...

Reinstall Money on New Hard Drive
I installed Money Plus Deluxe on a desktop and a laptop, which expires Feb. 2010. The hard drive has to be replaced on the desktop and probably won't last much longer. Since I already activated Money twice, my understanding is that my choices are to purchase another copy of Money Plus to install on new hard drive and use until it expires in 2011, or purchase Quicken now to convert files and then re-install Quicken on new hard drive. Or would I be able to download my backup files of Money on new hard drive and then convert to a fresh install of Quicken without doing the con...

how do i search for a specific name in an excel file
i have a large file, (49,000+ names) is it possible to search for a specific name somehow without scrolling up and down the list repeatedly looking for it? Hit CTRL+F to open the find window, and in Look in: select Values. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496546 Did you try Edit > Find ? "cljenkins" wrote: > i have a large file, (49,000+ names) is it...

Project Accounting workstation install
After installing and registering PA on the server, do I have to run through the PA install on all of the workstations as well? If so, is there a way to mass install to all of them? or do I have to do it workstation by workstation? Hi, In GP10, PA objects initialization is invoked when you launch GP utilities after adding PA feature, this is one-off process for each company databases. However, you have to perform the GP-PA client installation process (adding PA feature) on each machine with GP 10, this will convert the chunk file (.CNK) to resource dictionaries associated wi...

Office 2004 Project Gallery
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit In the main screen of the Office 2004 Project Gallery, there are icons for things like �Mail Message� and �Calendar Event�. How can I add, for example, �Address Book Entry� or �Task� to the Project Gallery? --B_3184399017_17854679 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML...

Running Office 2004 with network homes on 10.4
Hi. Im really at the end of my tether with office now, for well over a year it seems as though no matter what I do office just behaves like a spoilt brat. Were talking 10-20 minute load times just to load an office app. It will sit there and first it say configuring microsoft office components. then through a host of other things until eventually as i said about 20 minutes later it will actually open. I've seen things about fonts before, but i can tell its not just (if at all) this. I have a reasonably fast network, so i cant see how it is network issues. All clients have networ...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

Void trans. Money 2006 doesn't recog.goes to same transaction/bug?
In my checking acct. I entered a check number and it had to be voided. When I try to to go to a new withdrawal, it starts with the number that was just voided instead of going to the next check, is this another bug? I tried closing the program and restarting but does the same thing. They fix this in 2007 also? Seems the more I work with 2006, seems to be bug infested and they want you to buy 2007 to fix it? Bruce I just tried this in M07 and M04. I entered # 2111. Then I voided it. Then I went to enter another new transaction. In both versions, It started the transaction by auto-fil...

Mass Modify Chart of Accounts
My company's current account setup uses the 2nd segment in an account to denote the assigned property, while the 3rd segment identifies the posting account number. Say my current chart looks as follows: 1-001-1000 1-002-1000 1-003-1000 and I want to add a new account numbered 2000 for all the properties 001-003 to give me: 1-001-1000 1-001-2000 1-002-1000 1-002-2000 1-003-1000 1-003-2000 How can I do this for all properties at once without adding them individually through account maintenence, since I have about 8 new accounts to add to over 200 existing properties? I can see h...

auto populating account id field
Does anyone know of any 3rd parties that already have this customization? I'm wanting my account to automatically be assigned an account ID when I transfer my lead to an account and then have this ID be sent to Great Plains to create the account in GP. I know CRM doesn't have this function right out of the box, but I can't let my users type in their own ID. Thanks, Jen ...

Money using wrong date to calculate ROI YTD
I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, the ROI YTD is not accurate, as Money is using values for the stocks going back only 6 months form the date I enterd the transactions rather than the values as of 1/1/03. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, Brooks wrote: >I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for >a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back >to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, &g...

Paying on Account
I tried on two different DB's and cannot pay for a back order with a store account. Can this be fixed, and where does not being able to pay with a store account also apply?, If not, is there a possible workaround to this? Thanks, Matt ...

managing asset & account receivable/payables
I am using Microsoft money 2006 deluxe version to manage my personal finance. I have few questions. First one is regarding managing real estate record by tracking its market value. Currently I have to create new asset account upon each purchase of property. Then I enter necessary transaction to show increase/decrease in the value of the asset. The account balance becomes zero when I sell property by transferring selling amount to appropriate account. But it leaves too many accounts with zero balances. Can I delete such zero balance accounts without any negative effect? More desired, is ...

When to use contact and account
We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual customers and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storing both of them in the Account entity. Is this a good approach or will it have any impact on the OOTB functionality. Should we be using contact for Individual customers? Thanks, MVJ On Jan 12, 7:47=A0pm, mvj123 <mvj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual custom= ers > and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storin= g > both of them i...

Sharing folders between User Accounts on same PC
Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to stay in it's location. Is this possible? TIA. "Richard" <noggod@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eadR9R0HLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. > > I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. &...

Switch from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business-> Money 2003
I just purchased a new computer and Money 2003 is preinstalled. On my other computer, I was using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. When I loaded my backup in Money 2003, I received a message that since the previous version was for business, I would not be able to access my business accounts. Not a problem. The problem that I am having is that all of my balances are -$170,999,999 on every account and that a bugdet and cash flow are set up. I can't figure out how to make this right, and get the correct balances updated. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help. DH In ...

Disabling Microsoft Money Background Banking Service (mnybbsvc.exe) in 2007
I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? In microsoft.public.money, Milhouse Van Houten wrote: >I found the instructions for 2008, which is a simple check box in the >settings, but is there any way to disable it in earlier versions? You could remove your LiveID. ...

Money is Having PASSWORD Problems.
Several Money users have not been able to access they Money data since early this week. Microsoft is working on a solution, They will post here when they have it! Thanks No WAY, really? >-----Original Message----- >Several Money users have not been able to access they >Money data since early this week. Microsoft is working on >a solution, They will post here when they have it! > >Thanks >. > ...

Upgrade From Money 2004 to 2005
I was running Money 2004 Deluxe with no problems and then converted to Money 2005. When I click on the Portfolio Manager icon, the screen that appears only has today's date, "Portfolio Manager", and "Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes" below the dark blue line that starts with "investing Home". Nothing else is on the page below the blue line...no investments, and no menu on the left. I could sure use some help on this one.... ...

Money 2005 Calendar
Is there any way to pring out the bill calendar? Quicken allowed you to do this and it was one of the more awesome features in Quicken. ...

Restriction on appending data to custom fields on Account Form?
I'm having problems appending data to a custom field on the Account Form. However, the code works perfectly on a custom form, I've made. Btw, the ONLOAD code is: crmForm.all.fieldname.DataValue = 'Text'; On the custom form, the field is filled with the word Text, but on the Account form, nothing happens. Is there some kind of restriction on the account form, and if so - is it possible to remove this restriction? Thanks btw, another example to illustrate the problem: I use this code... window.moveTo(0,0); window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth, screen.availHeight); ....to...

Phantom Exchange Account
I just got setting up Exchange 2003 Stand for a client, had everything working good and was getting ready to leave. The designated Admin then decides to try to edit the Global address List and deletes the Exchange User account I created to install Exchange from AD. Now I have a phanton "S-1-etc.." account in my security settings for Exchange. Ive tried running the delegation wizard but it errors out. Any suggestions? Authoritative restore of AD. Unless there were other accounts that were Delegated Exchange Full Admin rights, restoring AD may be the only way to correct th...

2004 Deluxe vs Premium
It looks like the only difference is Premium includes a 1 year subscription to GainsKeeper. You can subscribe to Gainskeeper on your own with Deluxe. In microsoft.public.money, moneyman wrote: >Actually - it is 8 additional items. And I think they are all related >to the GainsKeeper online service. > >Premium also gives 2 years of Bill Pay instead of 1 with Deluxe. > >Also - Money Deluxe includes 1 year free subscription to Money >Magazine. (Most likely Premium includes that as well, but I am not >sure.) > > Plus TaxCut for 2003 taxes. That is a biggie IM...

Copy and paste an account
I am a Money 2004 user. I have to different files in Money 2004. I would like to copy and paste one account (with all the data and details) from one file to the other one. So far the only solution I see is the Export option, but I do have to create a new account when I follow the Export steps. Is there any way to do this without exporting the account? Thank you. Manuel Toubes What you've seen is wht thye've got. "Manuel Toubes" <ManuelToubes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57CDA428-A52D-4843-AF5F-7DD655759396@microsoft.com... > I am a Money ...

Missing email accounts
I trying to configure Outlook 2003 to access my Cox.net accounts. I've removed and re-installed and shut down and rebooted more times than I can count but the accounts still don't show up in All Mail Folders. I followed the instructions listed on Microsoft.com and Cox.net to the letter, I've ran the Test Account Settings got Completed on all aspects, and have NEVER gotten an error message, but the accounts still won't show up. Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong??? In news:5CB140AE-B9DF-438F-89D0-E6B45143C2FA@microsoft.com, Leon <Leon@discussions.microsoft.c...