New to accounting software, help please.

I currently don't use any accounting software but need to start using it.  I
live in the UK but can't seem to find any software versions post 2005, does
anybody know if there are any plans to introduce money 2007 in the UK?  If
not, would I be able to download the US version and work adequately in the UK?

Many thanks

Sean.
0
eanie (2)
3/20/2007 10:12:10 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

M2005 is the latest UK version. There are no plans to introduce the US
versions.

US versions are heavily customised for the US and apart from the obvious
such as mis-spelling of cheque ;-) unless you plan to keep usage very simple
you may find the US version restrictive.

There is nothing particularly wrong with the M2005 version that necessitates
you having a later version. It is apparently still selling well!

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"§eanie" <eanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently don't use any accounting software but need to start using it.
> live in the UK but can't seem to find any software versions post 2005,
> does
> anybody know if there are any plans to introduce money 2007 in the UK?  If
> not, would I be able to download the US version and work adequately in the
> UK?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Sean.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
3/21/2007 8:18:09 AM
Bob,

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Sean

"Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:

> M2005 is the latest UK version. There are no plans to introduce the US
> versions.
>
> US versions are heavily customised for the US and apart from the obvious
> such as mis-spelling of cheque ;-) unless you plan to keep usage very simple
> you may find the US version restrictive.
>
> There is nothing particularly wrong with the M2005 version that necessitates
> you having a later version. It is apparently still selling well!
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "§eanie" <eanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I currently don't use any accounting software but need to start using it.
> > live in the UK but can't seem to find any software versions post 2005,
> > does
> > anybody know if there are any plans to introduce money 2007 in the UK?  If
> > not, would I be able to download the US version and work adequately in the
> > UK?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Sean.

0
eanie (2)

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

Converting Opportunity to Account

Setting up a new e-mail account

OLK 2k7

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Need HELP! for Linking data

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel

Help with simple(?) VBA function