Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item

Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with
an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts,
2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I
want only one amount reported.

Account Name X                 $x
Account Name X (cash)      $Y

Using Money 2004.
Thx

0
billtupea (3)
4/1/2006 4:31:09 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Probably not. Money really does think these are two accounts. You could
always copy the report to Excel where you could make it say anything you
want.

"Bill Toupee" <billtupea@domain.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with
> an Investment account with the investment account. For investment
> accounts, 2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such
> as below. I want only one amount reported.
>
> Account Name X                 $x
> Account Name X (cash)      $Y
>
> Using Money 2004.
> Thx

In accounting they are called journals or ledgers.  Your broker also
shows your cash and investments as 2 separate items and then adds them
together with perhaps other ledgers such as margin account, etc.  In
practice some will use one flat file with each different entry type
encoded to indicate to what ledger it belongs.  Some will let you
download as CSV files into your own spreadsheet.

I'm not M04 smart but you might find one of the reports that more
closely matches what you want to see.  Personally I keep a spreadsheet
by month and year to summarize my accounts and give me easy
comparisons.

arthur
==
On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 04:31:09 GMT, "Bill Toupee" <billtupea@domain.com>
wrote:
>Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with
>an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts,
>2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I
>want only one amount reported.
>
>Account Name X                 $x
>Account Name X (cash)      $Y
>
>Using Money 2004.
>Thx

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Receipt not in Item Transaction Inquiry
I have a client that uses project accounting. They have received against a purchase order. The receipt shows up in the Purchase Receipts Inquiry, but does not show up in the Item Transaction Inquiry. What could be causing this? ...

open two different Access reports

shortcut with command line switch probs
Hello, I have a shortcut set up which has the target declared as: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" / "\\path_to_file\myfile.xlt" This works fine on my PC. Excel 2000 running on Windows XP. Unfortunately it doesnt work on someone elses PC, who asked for m help! They have the same software set up, and access to the same folde path. When they try to run the shortcut, a window opens and closes almos immediately. Help?! : -- soloto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- solotoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/m...

Converting Opportunity to Account

Setting up a new e-mail account

OLK 2k7

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Input to custom reports

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Workplace Queues

Right clicking on a CListCtrl item
I have a TreeCtl object in a dialog box. I created an OnNMRclick.. override function to capture a right clicks. The problem I can't figure out is how to find the tree item that the user has right clicked on. Here's what I tried: void CRestoreFiles::OnNMRclickXYZ(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) POINT CurPos; TVHITTESTINFO lpht; HTREEITEM RightClickItem; GetCursorPos(&CurPos); lpht.pt = CurPos; RightClickItem = TreeView_HitTest(pNMHDR->hwndFrom,&lpht); ... I figured that GetCursorPos would give me the position of the cursor where I had right clicke...

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

item class table

isinteg reports configuring tstmgr failed : ecBadVersion
we have lost our mail after NAV did it's worst. have performed eseutil /p and /d as suggested elsewhere now get error from isinteg help please Update - have now sorted this thanks ...