Need online services to the end of the year

I have been a loyal Money customer for years.  This morning my Money Plus
subscription expired.  There seems to be no way to extend it and without it I
can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily.  I
understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is terrible not
to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through the
end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to
Quicken at the beginning of 2010.  This really sucks!  Please, please
Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the year!
0
Clay (19)
9/17/2009 2:31:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Your program still functions. You can enter the transaction manually. I
think it is still possible to go to your FI's website and manually download
your transactions from there if applicable.

Cindy

"Clay" <Clay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been a loyal Money customer for years.  This morning my Money Plus
> subscription expired.  There seems to be no way to extend it and without
> it I
> can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily.  I
> understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is terrible
> not
> to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through
> the
> end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to
> Quicken at the beginning of 2010.  This really sucks!  Please, please
> Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the
> year!

0
cconover1 (65)
9/17/2009 2:41:38 PM
Yes, Cindy, I know that.  I very much appreciate your taking the time to
reply, but that begs the quesiton.

I have been a loyal purchanser of many Microsoft products for more than 20
years spending thougsands of dollars (Money, Front Page and now Expresion
Web, Office, keyboards, mice, ect.).  I fully understand that occassionally
business decisions need to be made that result in the discontinuation of
products.  However, there seems to be no logical reason why MS can not at
least make a basic effort to help its loyal customers through a smooth
transition by at the minimun giving us a way to get through the end of the
calendar year!  This is just terrible!

"Cindy Conover" wrote:

> Your program still functions. You can enter the transaction manually. I
> think it is still possible to go to your FI's website and manually download
> your transactions from there if applicable.
>
> Cindy
>
> "Clay" <Clay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have been a loyal Money customer for years.  This morning my Money Plus
> > subscription expired.  There seems to be no way to extend it and without
> > it I
> > can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily.  I
> > understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is terrible
> > not
> > to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through
> > the
> > end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to
> > Quicken at the beginning of 2010.  This really sucks!  Please, please
> > Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the
> > year!

0
Clay (19)
9/17/2009 2:57:04 PM
Clay,

Unfortunately MS was not making enough money on this program to continue it.
It is the way business is. There has been some threads recently that talk
about a NON "registered" copy coming out later this year that will let you
reinstall but not continue to download automatically. I have been using
Money for many years also and am disappointed in the decision  MS made. the
only choice I see is to keep using the program manually and retain all
previous data or move to Quicken which I have tried but do not care for.
Maybe Quicken 10 will be different. They are reported to be working on a new
converted that will make it "smoother" to transfer transactions into
Quicken.
Products are discontinued everyday with unhappy people. But what can we
do...

> Yes, Cindy, I know that.  I very much appreciate your taking the time to
> reply, but that begs the quesiton.
>
> I have been a loyal purchanser of many Microsoft products for more than 20
> years spending thougsands of dollars (Money, Front Page and now Expresion
> Web, Office, keyboards, mice, ect.).  I fully understand that
> occassionally
> business decisions need to be made that result in the discontinuation of
> products.  However, there seems to be no logical reason why MS can not at
> least make a basic effort to help its loyal customers through a smooth
> transition by at the minimun giving us a way to get through the end of the
> calendar year!  This is just terrible!
>
> "Cindy Conover" wrote:
>
>> Your program still functions. You can enter the transaction manually. I
>> think it is still possible to go to your FI's website and manually
>> download
>> your transactions from there if applicable.
>>
>> Cindy
>>
>> "Clay" <Clay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have been a loyal Money customer for years.  This morning my Money
>> > Plus
>> > subscription expired.  There seems to be no way to extend it and
>> > without
>> > it I
>> > can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily.  I
>> > understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is
>> > terrible
>> > not
>> > to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through
>> > the
>> > end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to
>> > Quicken at the beginning of 2010.  This really sucks!  Please, please
>> > Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the
>> > year!

0
cconover1 (65)
9/17/2009 4:24:37 PM
Yes, I am eagerly awiting the introducion of Quicken 2010.  As you indicate,
it is supposed to have a better Money conversion utility--the only reason I
didn't do an immediate conversion to Quicken 2009.

What is so frustrating, and disappointing, is that the Money online services
are apparently going to remain in place through 2010, but MS has given us no
hook.  I would not expect them to spend a lot on a to-be-discontinued
product, but it should be an extremely simple matter to either automatically
extend current subscriptions through at least the end of this year, or offer
a simple way to do that.  They don't have to add anything, just give current
customers access to what is already there.  Don't customers matter anymore?

"Cindy Conover" wrote:

> Clay,
>
> Unfortunately MS was not making enough money on this program to continue it.
> It is the way business is. There has been some threads recently that talk
> about a NON "registered" copy coming out later this year that will let you
> reinstall but not continue to download automatically. I have been using
> Money for many years also and am disappointed in the decision  MS made. the
> only choice I see is to keep using the program manually and retain all
> previous data or move to Quicken which I have tried but do not care for.
> Maybe Quicken 10 will be different. They are reported to be working on a new
> converted that will make it "smoother" to transfer transactions into
> Quicken.
> Products are discontinued everyday with unhappy people. But what can we
> do...
>
> Cindy
>
> "Clay" <Clay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, Cindy, I know that.  I very much appreciate your taking the time to
> > reply, but that begs the quesiton.
> >
> > I have been a loyal purchanser of many Microsoft products for more than 20
> > years spending thougsands of dollars (Money, Front Page and now Expresion
> > Web, Office, keyboards, mice, ect.).  I fully understand that
> > occassionally
> > business decisions need to be made that result in the discontinuation of
> > products.  However, there seems to be no logical reason why MS can not at
> > least make a basic effort to help its loyal customers through a smooth
> > transition by at the minimun giving us a way to get through the end of the
> > calendar year!  This is just terrible!
> >
> > "Cindy Conover" wrote:
> >
> >> Your program still functions. You can enter the transaction manually. I
> >> think it is still possible to go to your FI's website and manually
> >> download
> >> your transactions from there if applicable.
> >>
> >> Cindy
> >>
> >> "Clay" <Clay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Clay (19)
9/17/2009 4:38:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Clay wrote:

>Yes, I am eagerly awiting the introducion of Quicken 2010.  As you indicate,
>it is supposed to have a better Money conversion utility--the only reason I
>didn't do an immediate conversion to Quicken 2009.
>
>What is so frustrating, and disappointing, is that the Money online services
>are apparently going to remain in place through 2010, but MS has given us no
>hook.  I would not expect them to spend a lot on a to-be-discontinued
>product, but it should be an extremely simple matter to either automatically
>extend current subscriptions through at least the end of this year, or offer
>a simple way to do that.  They don't have to add anything, just give current
>customers access to what is already there.  Don't customers matter anymore?

Extension is available until the end of January 2011 by buying the
boxed Money Plus Deluxe via Ebay.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/17/2009 5:11:05 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Clay wrote:

>I have been a loyal Money customer for years.  This morning my Money Plus
>subscription expired.  There seems to be no way to extend it and without it I
>can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily.  I
>understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is terrible not
>to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through the
>end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to
>Quicken at the beginning of 2010.  This really sucks!  Please, please
>Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the year!

Extension is available until the end of January 2011 by buying the
boxed Money Plus Deluxe via Ebay.

That might provide you extra time in case Quicken 2010 is unable to
convert your file, and to see if a later version or update can.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/17/2009 5:44:29 PM
Thanks Cal.  I really appreciate the tip and have just bought a copy on eBay.
 When it comes can I just enter the new key code, or do I need to uninstall
my current copy and reinstall.

Clay

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Clay wrote:
>
> >I have been a loyal Money customer for years.  This morning my Money Plus
> >subscription expired.  There seems to be no way to extend it and without it I
> >can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily.  I
> >understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is terrible not
> >to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through the
> >end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to
> >Quicken at the beginning of 2010.  This really sucks!  Please, please
> >Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the year!
>

> Extension is available until the end of January 2011 by buying the
> boxed Money Plus Deluxe via Ebay.
>

> That might provide you extra time in case Quicken 2010 is unable to
> convert your file, and to see if a later version or update can.

0
Clay (19)
9/18/2009 7:40:02 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Clay wrote:

>Thanks Cal.  I really appreciate the tip and have just bought a copy on eBay.
> When it comes can I just enter the new key code, or do I need to uninstall
>my current copy and reinstall.

I know for sure the uninstall and reinstall will work. Entering the
key after you have expired may work.

>Clay
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Clay wrote:
>>
>> >I have been a loyal Money customer for years.  This morning my Money Plus
>> >subscription expired.  There seems to be no way to extend it and without it I
>> >can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily.  I
>> >understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is terrible not
>> >to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through the
>> >end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to
>> >Quicken at the beginning of 2010.  This really sucks!  Please, please
>> >Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the year!
>>

>> Extension is available until the end of January 2011 by buying the
>> boxed Money Plus Deluxe via Ebay.
>>

>> That might provide you extra time in case Quicken 2010 is unable to
>> convert your file, and to see if a later version or update can.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/18/2009 7:47:28 PM
For those who are also caught up in this mess, you do not have to remove your
current copy and reinstall the software.  Buy a new copy of Money Plus
Deluxe, as indicated elsewhere in this thread.  (Got mine on eBay.  Make sure
you buy a factory sealed copy.)  Then after your current subscription expires
(Money will tell you that when your online services subscription terminates),
go to the Tools menu, pick Online Services Information, and then click on the
Update Produce Key button you should see there.  Enter the product key from
you new copy and then click the indicated buttons to reactivate your online
services.  NOTE THAT AFTER REACTIVATION YOU WILL HAVE TO CLOSE AND THEN
REOPEN MONEY BEFORE YOUR ONLINE SERVICE WILL START WORKING AGAIN.  Of course
this won't get you the two full years subscription you've just paid for, but
it will keep things going until MS pulls the plug early in 2011.

I still think it is appalling that MS makes us buy a whole new copy to keep
services going instead of an inexpensive (or free!) subscription update to
keep things going until the services stop.

Clay

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Clay wrote:
>
> >Thanks Cal.  I really appreciate the tip and have just bought a copy on eBay.
> > When it comes can I just enter the new key code, or do I need to uninstall
> >my current copy and reinstall.
>
> I know for sure the uninstall and reinstall will work. Entering the
> key after you have expired may work.
>

> >Clay

> >> Extension is available until the end of January 2011 by buying the
> >> boxed Money Plus Deluxe via Ebay.
> >>

> >> That might provide you extra time in case Quicken 2010 is unable to
> >> convert your file, and to see if a later version or update can.

0
Clay (19)

Choice of Online Updates
I have upgraded to M05 and the online update using Yodlee is absolutely terrible (doubling practically all transactions in Money including accounts that have nothing to do with the bank that I set up for online banking????). My question is: I just found out that my Credit Union is going to have online OFX capability for automatic updates in Quicken and Money soon...will Money present me with a choice between the credit union OFX updates and/or MS Money (Yodlee) updates when I re-establish online updates? In microsoft.public.money, Dan Russell wrote: >I have upgraded to M05 and the...

WLM keeps saying it needs to close
While reading emails in WLM it suddenly says it is closing and will find a solution online. It sometimes freezes and then shuts down. I just upgraded to Windows 7 and downloaded WLM. I wish I had my Wm back. Karen "Catclaws" <catclaws@core.com> wrote in message news:MtWdnS2_jIRVIpnWnZ2dnUVZ_uqdnZ2d@posted.localnet... > While reading emails in WLM it suddenly says it is closing and will find a > solution online. It sometimes freezes and then shuts down. I just upgraded > to Windows 7 and downloaded WLM. I wish I had my Wm back. > Karen Karen, I s...

Need Keystroke Commands to Recover a Deleted Item
Does anyone know if keystroke commands exist for Recovering Deleted Items? I have a blind user who uses JAWS. She does not use a mouse, but rather a JAWS cursor. The JAWS cursor does not access the necessary button to recover a deleted item. Do keystroke commands exists for this function? And if so, can someone please post them here? Thanks so much!! esrichie ...

Outlook 2002 needs repeated password to login
I have a Outlook 2002 client that needs to enter her password 4 times before outlook logs her in. I am sure her username and password are correct. Even when the info is entered correctly the first time. Outlook shows a prompt that user name or password is incorrect. How do I fix this....edit the registry?..... I even uninstalled and reinstalled a few times...same result. Thanks in advance for any help. CLose Outlook and use Windows Find to search for a file named <profilename>.srs where <profilename> is the name of the user's Outlook profile. When found, rename that fi...

Format Axis; Scale Tab; "Value Axis Crosses At" ends with preposit
It should say "Value at which Y Axis Crosses", or if for the X axis, "X axis" appropriately. This goes for any number of grammatical errors in your Office suite which have gone unfixed version after version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...

need to extract (copy) the subject field
I need to extract (copy) the subject field from email folders and the name field from directories or file folders. I need to use this information so that I can write about the files in a readme file, etc. I know how to do this in Unix shell scripts but I do not know how to do it on Microsoft products. I know how to do a screen capture of the info but then I can't manipulate the information without OCR software etc. That's a waste of time. TIA, Gloria .. ...

service pack 4 for 5.5
I'm about to install sp4 for xchange 5.5 and was wondering if there is any prep work that i need to do first before the install. Just dont wanna get it wrong and have to spend a week fixing it all. Have heard that it needs to be done from DOS. This true? or can it be done through windows? If anyone knows of a step by step guide, that would be nice, or is it simply a case of shutting down xchange services, and running the update.exe file?? Thanks in advance for any help. Sean. It is always recommended to have a good backup in place prior to applying a service pack and then take another b...

Where are the Begin... and End... Methods?
In several different forms of documentation that I've seen for calling a web service asynchronously in C# (and VS 2008), it says that the generated proxy should have a BeginXyz and EndXyz method for any exposed web method. In VS 2008 SP1, they aren't generated. Instead, there is a XyzAsync method that you use to make the call to the web method asynchronously and then your callback method is whatever method you set up to handle the XyzCompleted event. So, I do have the async call working, but why aren't the BeginXyz and EndXyz methods generated as indicated in several so...

I need to analyse data across a number of filtered columns
I have a large amount of data on a worksheet.. basically I want to record a macro so that each time I open the workbook it will filter out what info I need and perform a basic count of the rows of info there. Check out the Autofilter, and the SUBTOTAL function. "Hannah" wrote: > I have a large amount of data on a worksheet.. basically I want to record a > macro so that each time I open the workbook it will filter out what info I > need and perform a basic count of the rows of info there. ...

VB6 front end to Access 97 db
Converting Access 97 to 2000, found one application that uses an Access 97 database from a VB6 front-end. I'm not really a VB6 programmer but I opened the project and looked at the code. I think this was the first VB6 program someone wrote! It connects to Access via: Set goConn = New ADODB.Connection goConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;" _ & "Data Source=" & App.Path & "\Srtsdata.mdb" I'm not sure where 'App.Path' comes from. My question is what needs to change (if anything) when I convert the data...

Need to make a plain barchart, not a histogram
I need to create a barchart rather than a histogram and I cannot figure out how to do this in Excel. The only option listed in the chart wizard for bar chart displays the bars horizontally, and I do not want that. I want my data to appear like a histogram but with spaces in between the vertical columns. Can anyone help? Thanks! penguinchick - Use the Column chart type (vertical bars). - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com "penguinchick" <penguinchick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B86DFC8-4689-4CDA-821B-481D42157C95@microsoft.com... >I need to create...

Money 2004 Adds ... Improved Online Bill Pay
I saw this on Microsoft's M04 website (http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp). Can anyone explain what is 'imporved' in the bill pay functionailty in M04? Help>Financial Services>Two years free from MSN Bill Pay Click Get Started The periods of the free services described at the bottom of the page have been extended from Money 2003 I believe >-----Original Message----- >I saw this on Microsoft's M04 website >(http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp). > >Can anyone explain what is 'imporved' in the bill pay functionail...

money essentials and online statements
I purchased Money Essentials about a month ago. I was able to connect to and download info for National City Bank that one time. I haven't been able to download info from the bank to Money since then. Also, I have never been able to connect online with ING Direct. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! ~Mary ...

Need help traversing a folder and/or identifying sub-folders
Hello, I am trying to write a vbscript that will tell me what, if any, versions of the Microsoft .NET framework is installed. I have found several, but none that will identify if .NET 3.5 or higher is installed. My thoughts on one method is that if folder a folder exists where the folder name starts with "v" followed by a number, then that version of .Net is installed. So, I get to the C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework folder. First, how do I identify the folders and not the files? I think these folders become part of a collection. I then loop through the co...

Sub Query zero rows but need header
As the sub query return zero rows , inspite i me adding an header column in the outter query i dont get that header row and it coresponsing values as null select 'Category2' Header,* from sysobjects where crdate =(select xtype from sysobjects where crdate>'31-12-2010') Expected out: Row1: Category2 null null How do i acheive this. What the rule thats i am trying to break. I tried union I need more simple method. As the sub query return zero rows , inspite i me adding an header column in the outter query i dont get that header row and it coresponsin...

what is the desktop "cleanup" service ??
As the subject say, what uses the desktop cleanup "service"? I got an info that wanted to "clean" my desktop as some icons haven't been used. Never had that "service" even when I installed the sp3. My system is now reinstalled real clean on a new harddrive using a slipstreamed cd that has winxp sp3. Strange that things behave differently as opposed to just installing the sp3. I just want to kill the watchdog that wants to destroy my desktop the way I like it. Also anyway to also kill the "error msg" that say my firewall isn't ...

Problem:Internet Mail Services boots
I don't know what to do with my Exchange Server 5.5 which =0A= boots down without any doing of me. What should I do?? Do you have antivirus software? If so, did you scan for virusses? "Nikras" <nikras_agha@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:934601c43355$3352d600$a001280a@phx.gbl... I don't know what to do with my Exchange Server 5.5 which boots down without any doing of me. What should I do?? Anything relevant in App or Sys Event logs on server? Nikras wrote: > I don't know what to do with my Exchange Server 5.5 which > boots down without any doing of me...

HELP please!!! I lost all my account listings for online updates
Hello, for the past few months I had painstakinly setup 4 of my banks to synch with my MS Money Business 2007 edison. And today, by signing into MSN money central (using my passport) for the first time, I lost all my account settings in my MS money. Some please tell me how do I get them back? In addition to what I said previously, here is a message I get on the MSN MY money website: MSN Money’s banking services have been updated to improve the online banking experience. You may need to set up your accounts again to regain access to online services. Please click here for instructions...

Office Online themes link broken
PowerPoint 2007 under Windows 7 64 bit. When I select Themes and use the down arrow I am presented with a link to click for More Themes on Microsoft Office Online but when I click the link I am taken to a blank page. Where can I find more themes to download? Why does MS offer a link in their program to an empty page? Oh, man, it's blank here, too. That's nasty. I'll report it. As a workaround, you can go to http://office.microsoft.com and choose Templates. Then type PowerPoint Themes in the search box. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What'...

month, year as date
Hi Is there a way of formatting date to only show date as month year, (May 05). Using excel 2003. Thanks TIm Hi Custom format "mmmm yy" or "mmmm yyyy" or "mmm yy" etc. I myself prefer the format "yyyy.mm" - it doesn't mess up the record order whe the table is sorted by this column. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:42882662@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi Is there a way of formatting date to only show date as month year, (May > 05). Us...

Excel Front End with Access Back End
Does anyone have any coding samples / tips on the following: I have an Excel form-based data collection tool. The tool collects set of data points, performs some calculations and currently stores th data on an excel worksheet. Ultimately, the tool will need to be used b multiple people and it would be great if the data be stored centrally s that people can access and make modifications at the same time. My ide is that people will have multiple copies of the excel tool which woul read data for a single entry from the database and when they ente data, it will either update or add new informat...

Need help composing a formula
I have devised a formula, which gives me a phase angle relationship between Watts and VARs (Electrical Power and Reactive Power). The result is a numerical value of, for example 20 (degrees, phase angle) in cell "I7" (this cell will be hidden) Since the flow of power and reactive power is noted as IN or OUT (in text) on the Excel test form, I need to come up with single cell, displaying the resultant value for the following four variables: If cell "D7" reads OUT and cell "F7" reads OUT, then the resultant value is the same as cell "I7" (numerica...

Need Help Despertly!

Advice Needed On Change To Exchange Server Based Email
My web hoster offers Exchange email and I am thinking of changing my main business email address from ordinary POP3 to Exchange hosted so that I can access all my email messages, contacts, etc from any location. My hosters tech support people can't seem to explain to me clearly about what would be involved in doing this but from reading the FAQs on their web site I believe that I can download some software from their web site that will create another profile within my Outlook 2007 and that emails to/from my main business email address will then be received in this profile. ...

I need a formula #2
hi, please help. A1's value is "red" A2's value is "green" how to achieve this: When I input "1" in A3, A4 appear A1's value, When I input "2" in A3, A4 appear A2's value thanks! Hi =INDIRECT("A" & A3) or =OFFSET(A1,A3-1,0) Arvi Laanemets "ldh" <ldh@ldh.com> wrote in message news:195001c372c0$d7d3dfe0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > hi, please help. > > A1's value is "red" > A2's value is "green" > > how to achieve this: > > When I input "1"...