Need old Money 3.0 software

I moved to a new PC and have been having fits with
Microsoft Money 2003. My current files are in Money 3.0
(vintage 1994) but I can no find the original diskettes to
reinstall until I finish making the transition. I have the
manual, but cannot find the 3.5" diskettes. Seems there
were two or three. I like to either download the software
for a reinstall or get some replacement diskettes.

One other option is if I could just figure out the right
files to copy from the old Win 98SE machine to the new Win
XP Pro machine.

Any help greatly appreciated!
0
NoSpam262 (1)
8/2/2003 10:01:46 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Well, the first question is: why do you need the old software to convert to
the new version? If you have the .MNY data file, just move it to the new
machine, open it with M03, and M03 will upgrade the data file to the current
format. If you don't have the old .MNY file, having the software won't help.

Depending on the answer to that, I might also be able to help out (the
computer museum surrounding me willing and, I'll confess, the first look
just now wasn't promising)--but we'll take that conversation offline.

"WayneM" <NoSpam@WAM.com> wrote in message
> I moved to a new PC and have been having fits with
> Microsoft Money 2003. My current files are in Money 3.0
> (vintage 1994) but I can no find the original diskettes to
> reinstall until I finish making the transition. I have the
> manual, but cannot find the 3.5" diskettes. Seems there
> were two or three. I like to either download the software
> for a reinstall or get some replacement diskettes.
>
> One other option is if I could just figure out the right
> files to copy from the old Win 98SE machine to the new Win
> XP Pro machine.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated!

It was 2 1.44MB floppies :)

On "WayneM" <NoSpam@WAM.com> wrote:

>I moved to a new PC and have been having fits with
>Microsoft Money 2003. My current files are in Money 3.0
>(vintage 1994) but I can no find the original diskettes to
>reinstall until I finish making the transition
Look for Money 3.0 on Ebay?
The whole story is that my wife is really the Money 3
user. We have 2003 now and I have duped all the .MNY files
to new data folders. It is an issue of comfort and being
able to take a while transitioning to 2003. We're not too
excited about going cold turkey. Actually I think that
Money in recent versions has gotten to FruFruish. If I
wanted to see a web page, I'd go browse :-)

Anyway that is the deal. I'd like to install the old Money
3.0 to allow her to keep the data up to date and have her
learn 2003. Then when we switch I will copy the latest
Money 3 data file to the new folder to finish the
migration. Right now Money 3 is about the only reason she
still goes back to the old machine. I really need to put
that box out to pasture. It is getting less reliable day-
by-day.

I searched through boxes that critters have moved into,
raised families, and moved out since I last opened them :-
) Any help greatly appreciated.

You can email me at waynem-at-ferretresearch-dot-com.

Thanks much.

(Now if I were two diskettes, where would I be hiding?)

Wayne

0
SeeEmail (1)

How about a petition to get Money for Window Mobile 5 or 6
Has anyone thought about creating a petition at www.petitiononline.com? That way it can get more exposure. "Brady Holt" <BradyHolt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E882ED9-46AD-408C-93F8-C8C213B670CE@microsoft.com... > Has anyone thought about creating a petition at www.petitiononline.com? > That > way it can get more exposure. go for it and post back here. I'm not sure how non-futile it would be but it couldn't hurt I guess. ...

wireless router and Money 2005
Money 2005 will not update accounts with router installed. What ports does Money 2005 use so I can set up port forwarding? It works without the router fine but as soon as I put the computer behind the router, it no longer works. It is a wireless router from netgear. On 2005-02-03, Groppe <Groppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Money 2005 will not update accounts with router installed. What ports does > Money 2005 use so I can set up port forwarding? I'm pretty sure that Money just uses port 80 for OFX downloads. That being said, when I looked at Money 05, I never...

Assembly items need multiple improvements
HQ environment. Specific example: We have an assembly that is a bedroom set. The assembly consists of two kit items (a bed, which is headboard, footboard & rails and always sold as a kit and a dresser/mirror that is also always sold as a kit) and three standard items (two nightstands and a chest of drawers). The assembly was improperly created with the dresser only ILC instead of the dresser/mirror kit. After correcting the assembly item at HQ by removing the dresser and adding the dresser/mirror, I tried to issue a 250 for the assembly. Of course, RMS isn't smart enough t...

CCeDocListDocTemplate on Windows Mobile 5.0 Problems
Hello all, I am currently using the CCeDocListDocTemplate class, however, I'm having problems with it on a Dell Axim 51, which uses Windows Mobile 5.0. When the widget is used, it displays the list of files in a mangled format. The format appears to be the first character of the filename followed by the creation date of the file: So for a file named "survey.srv" it would show up as: "s11/12/17". This works fine on the Dell Axim 50, which does not use Mobile 5.0. Are there any known issues with this? Should I be using something else for the Dell Axim 51? Here's th...

need to remove old Outlook Express, now have MS Outlook
I installed MS Office XP SBE. It came with MS Outlook. It didn't write over my old Outlook Express. Now I have both and can't remove the old O Express. Wouldn't be a problem, except my email continues to go to the old O Express. Can I deactivate it somehow? Do not uninstall OE as Outlook shares some common files. Simply remove your mail account in Outlook Express or uncheck the option to check it for mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted with...

Please help us to help those in need this christmas show them that someone out there cared and love is still out there give them a reason to believe and have faith in god and get a free gift http:/
Please help us to help those in need this christmas show them that someone out there cared and love is still out there give them a reason to believe and have faith in god and get a free gift http://www.hot52.net/baby/1.html ...

GP 9.0- Copy existing Chart of Accounts to new company
I am trying to create a new company using the current chart of accounts of another. Needing direction please! If you have already created the company using GP Utilities, then: Option 1 -- Use DTS to export the GL00100 table and Integration Manager to import it to your new company Option 2 -- Use DTS to export the GL00100 table and the Mail Merge Macro to import it to your new company (Mail Merge Macro is covered in Confessions of a Dynamics GP Consultant) Option 3 -- Use DTS to move GL00100 from the old company to the new company and run checklinks and reconcile to make sure the oth...

Unable to download new transactions in Money
I am unable to download new transactions from my investment broker in Money 2006 Premium. It downloads all my positions, and they appear in the ofx file, but there are no transactions, even though recent transactions are listed on the broker site. The initial download (to create the account) is fine, and includes both transactions and positions. But after I import transactions from another Money account, and then download again, only the positions appear in the ofx file, no transactions. So my question is, how does my financial institution know which transactions to send? Can I set...

Office for Mac #3
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I'm trying the Office Test drive - if I then decide to buy, will all my data stay put (e.g. Entourage e-mails etc.)? I'm importing them from my old PC and don't want to do it twice! Your Entourage data is stored in the Microsoft User Data folder, which you can find in ~/Documents. That folder is left untouched if you decide to remove Office; remember, you will need to remove the Test Drive prior to installing the full version of Office 2004. If you decide to buy Office 2008, the installer will do that for yo...

Need to update records in a table based upon records in another ta
Hello, I am using access 2003. I have a table called tbl_Master which contains fields such as DeviceSN, Name, SlateForRetirement?, Flag1, Address and City. The unique record is DeviceSN. The data in this table is old so I performed a walk through of the office and created a spreadsheet with updated information. I imported this spreadsheet and called it tbl_ImportedUpdatedInventory Can you help me with detail instructions on how to create a query that will upate the master table with the fresh information i.e. Name, Address, City, SlateforRetirement from the imported table? Y...

Money 2006: Downloaded Transaction Issue-Double Counting
I am using Money 2006 and just signed up for electronic downloads of my bank and credit card statements. My wife pays the credit cards through my banks web-based service. Then when the bank and credit card download directly into money-there is an electronic credit card payment from the bank and the credit card company receives an electronic payment. The problem is that the credit card transactions get categorized (from the credit card download) and the credit card payment (from the bank) is one lump sum expense and thus essentially double counting my expenses. I tried doing the spec...

xml/xslt, .net 2.0, whitespace, output to text file
I'm having a problem with line feeds in an xslcompiledtransform in .net 2.0. I'm trying to use xsl to transform xml to a text file that can be read on a Unix box. The problem is that when I insert a line feed, it always results in a carriage-return/linefeed - the Unix box does not like this. I've tried different encoding settings and using hex/dec/html values for line feed but the result is always CRLF as viewed in a hex editor. here's the code that pertains to my issue if anyone can help XSL Transformation code Dim fs As New IO.FileStream(f.FilePathWorkin...

Error mentioned in KB 864060 is already solve in GP9.0?
Hi, This article talk about error when payment terms changes on PO and after, when enter a receiving trx, this payment terms is not used on invoice. I am using GP 8.0, sp3 and this error still happen. What about GP 9.0?? Thanks, -- Evelin. ...

Money 2005: Is there still a separate Canadian version ?
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what Money 2005 versions exist for Canada. I am still using a Canadian 2002 version, but each time I look at the Microsoft web site, I get redireted to the general US site... Are all 2005 versions (premium, deluxe and standard) now for global North America or is there still a separate Canadian version ? If so what Canadian ones exist ? Many thanks for any enlightment Wanda In microsoft.public.money, wanda.owen@gmail.com wrote: >I was wondering if anyone could tell me what Money 2005 versions exist >for Canada. I am still using a Cana...

Upgrade 7.5 to 9.0 #2
I Installed a clean version of GP 9.0 and I want to upgrade one of my GP7.5 companies to GP9.0. Since I haven't upgraded a company DB to a new GP version before, can someone point me to a step by step document to accomplish this. Thanks The upgrade document included with GP 9 is a great place to start. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > I Installed a clean version of GP 9.0 and I want to upgrade one of my GP7.5 > companies to GP9.0. > > Since I haven't upgraded a company DB to a new GP version before, can > someone point me to a step by step ...

Purchasing Invoice Entry Batch Posting Problem #3
I am using GP 9 with Service Pack 3 and am facing the above problem. The problem is that when we post Purchasing Batches of Purchasing Invoice Entry Origin, it stop at certain percentage (not same every time). After waiting for a long time when we close Progress window it neither gives any error nor sends the batch in Recovery and continue to show the batch in Purchasing Batches. We have done the following but no success. 1. Reconcile 2. Checklinks 3. Recreated SQL Process 4. Have tried suggestions in https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;859917 i.e. Tried Pos...

trying to connect for the first time on msn money
Hello i try to connect for the first time on microsoft money 2006 canadian version. when i got to the sing in it's asking me email and password, i use my email (hotmail) and password... and its telling me my email or password is incorrect... that cant be true i can connect to msn or here in this site with the same email and password. anyone have an idea? ...

Money 2005 Crashes on Startup...please Help
My Money 2005 Premium is crashing at startup everytime i attempt to login to my money file. This just started happenining this weekend, and was working just fine prior. I can create a new file and log in without any problems, but when i attempt to log into my Money file, the application will crash as it attempts to open the homepage. It appears to be having difficulties with the Investment Summary Chart. I unfortunately can't get into the application to resolve any problem. I tried repairing the file, as well as restoring from a backup...but to no avail. Does anyone know how to reso...

Money Login Problems
I was unable to login using passport to retrieve my *.mny file after 3 years of flawless use. Then about 12/22/07 was unable to access the file using Money 2004. I went through the gyrations of chainging my password on my passprt account, etc. even though it would log in outside of Money, but to no avail. I then upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe in an effort to resolve the issue, but again to no avail. I am even unable to access the file off-line with the Money password for the account. After reading your posts here I realize many of you are experiencing the same problem. Any insight ...

help needed urgently
hi there, i'm trying to export my records from excel to a csv file format, but i need to have all text fields to be surrounded by "" marks like the following format: MY PRODUCT NAME now needs to be: \"MY PRODUCT NAME\" but i have over 4000 records, and doing this by hand is going to be impossible in the time frame. Does anyone know a function which could automatically do this for me. -- richard354 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ richard354's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=369...

need to mask part of cell when printed
Due to a new law that takes effect 1 Januar 2004, I cannot print all credit card digits when I create a receipt. I can and must print the last 4 digits. Is there anyway to do this? I found a LEN function, which will tell me how many characters a field contains, but I don't know where to go from there to not print the first [LEN - 4] characters. As an alternative, is there someway to create a new field that would extract only the last 4 characters from the field. This may well be the better answer because the LEN function requires the input of a Cell Number [e.g., A4], which woul...

I need a RMS Programer
We had a programmer write us an auto UPC code feature a while back and now I need some additional features added. 1st, I need the Descriptions to be Longer than 30 characters. At least 60 2nd, I need the columns in the lookup window moved around. I need the Supplier first, Then description, then category, then Price, Then Department, Then Quantity, Then UPC. I also need it to then sort by Description Name. 3rd, I need a new Custom receipt layout. I have a picture of what it should look like. + I'm open to any other popular features other people have added. Can you please email me ...

Apply Service Pack 5.0 to version 8.0 database
Hi: I am currently preparing for an upgrade to version 10.0 of GP from version 8.0. I have a test machine setup with a copy of our version 8.0 database and another test machine setup with the client. Just as it is in production, the server test machine does not have any "client" software installed on it. Therefore, when I try to install SP5 on the server machine it is asking for the location of files that does not exist. I have two questions: 1. Is there any way that I can update the database with SP5 changes without installing the client? 2. What steps should I follow (...

Reports Missing in 4.0
I upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 - no problems. Reports worked fine - I could run from Reports area and from the appropriate records/entity. Today, I tried to run an Account Overview report and received an error that the Subreport was unavailable (or something to that effect). The reports ran fine if I run them from the Reports area - they just would not run from any records via dropdown. I deleted the Account Overview and Account Summary reports then I deleted the 3.0 reports and ran Pubishreports.exe, then IISRESET. Now, I don't have any report icon/menu for Accounts, Contacts, Leads...

Why is sharepoint 3.0
So hard to implement? I had it running fine on my original server but it ran out of resources and had to upgrade the box Now I can not get the the site collection created I have posted other information on here and have not been very successfull with reponces or ideas Need help just review other messages using my name and you will see I posted in server active directory and the other sharepoint forums Any ideas or help would be great Thanks Tom ...