Need help undating money 2000 to 2004

Hi,
I am currently using money 2000 because I have been unable to upgrade to
money 2004, it says it can't do this, so does anyone know where I can get a
download/trial of money 2002 to bridge the gap?
Or is there another way to do this?
Thanks in advance
Ange
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

What exactly is the error message? If it is "Incompatible version" see
http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/96.aspx

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"FRADesigns" <FRADesigns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am currently using money 2000 because I have been unable to upgrade to
> money 2004, it says it can't do this, so does anyone know where I can get
> download/trial of money 2002 to bridge the gap?
> Or is there another way to do this?
> Thanks in advance
> Ange

0
Bob
2/9/2006 11:43:32 AM
In microsoft.public.money, FRADesigns wrote:

>Hi,
>I am currently using money 2000 because I have been unable to upgrade to
>money 2004, it says it can't do this, so does anyone know where I can get a
>download/trial of money 2002 to bridge the gap?

I suspect there was an error message about "incompatible version"
that you did not tell us about.

Money cannot open a version localized for another country.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197668
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178830
Get a later version for the original country, or consider QIF
export/import.

>Or is there another way to do this?
>Thanks in advance
>Ange
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/9/2006 1:15:00 PM
Thankyou, yes that was the error I was receiving.
I am in the process of trying to export/import, but will take a while.
I have found that some entires have been doubled/tripled up on after
importing.  Not sure why?
Can you tell me how do I find out what version of Money 2000 & 2004 I have
so I can try to get the right version in future?
Money 2000 v8.0.0.1015
Money 2004 v12.0.120.617
Thanks heaps
Ange

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, FRADesigns wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I am currently using money 2000 because I have been unable to upgrade to
> >money 2004, it says it can't do this, so does anyone know where I can get a
> >download/trial of money 2002 to bridge the gap?
>
> I suspect there was an error message about "incompatible version"
> that you did not tell us about.
>
> Money cannot open a version localized for another country.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197668
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178830
> Get a later version for the original country, or consider QIF
> export/import.
>

> >Or is there another way to do this?
> >Thanks in advance
> >Ange

In microsoft.public.money, FRADesigns wrote:

>Thankyou, yes that was the error I was receiving.
>I am in the process of trying to export/import, but will take a while.
>I have found that some entires have been doubled/tripled up on after
>importing.  Not sure why?

If you want to do the QIF export/import, I would follow the steps
in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178830
except in the first step 4, I would suggest this: start the name of
the QIF file for the investment accounts with an underscore (_),
and start the name of QIF files for the cash accounts associated
with the investments with a letter.  Thus you might have
_BrownInvestment.qif and BrownInvestmentCash.qif.  This would cause
the investment account to be processed prior to the associated cash
account.  When the BrownInvestment got created, you would specify
that you want to track the cash transactions.  Then specify that
the cash transactions account for BrownInvestment was where the
BrownInvestmentCash.qif transactions get sent.

Then File->Import ALL AT ONCE using Ctrl+<click> to select files.
Specify "New or Recovered" account when asked.

Of course you will use a different filename for the new file, and
you will have both versions to choose from when done.  I would also
set up the backups to make sure they are using different names.

>Can you tell me how do I find out what version of Money 2000 & 2004 I have
>so I can try to get the right version in future?
>Money 2000 v8.0.0.1015
>Money 2004 v12.0.120.617

If Help spells "check" rather than "cheque", I expect you have a US
version.

>Thanks heaps
>Ange
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, FRADesigns wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >I am currently using money 2000 because I have been unable to upgrade to
>> >money 2004, it says it can't do this, so does anyone know where I can get a
>> >download/trial of money 2002 to bridge the gap?
>>
>> I suspect there was an error message about "incompatible version"
>> that you did not tell us about.
>>
>> Money cannot open a version localized for another country.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197668
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178830
>> Get a later version for the original country, or consider QIF
>> export/import.
>>

>> >Or is there another way to do this?
>> >Thanks in advance
>> >Ange

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/10/2006 1:48:25 AM
Thanks again,
I spent all of yesterday importing everything into money 2004, then I backed
it up and closed it.  Opened it again and it had errors all through it.  Said
that every acct had $-12,586.25 (can't remember exact amt it said).  Tried
restarting computer and re-opening but same error, so un-installed it and
went back to using my trusty money 2000.
BTW I didn't get a choice of keeping both copies active because I soon as I
use money 2004 it gets rid of money 2000 (says it when installing 2004).

> Then File->Import ALL AT ONCE using Ctrl+<click> to select files.
> Specify "New or Recovered" account when asked.

I will try this next time :-) might save some time.

> If Help spells "check" rather than "cheque", I expect you have a US
> version.

I will check this when I get the time and patience to re-install 2004 :-)
Is there only 2 versions?

Thanks again
Ange

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, FRADesigns wrote:
>
> >Thankyou, yes that was the error I was receiving.
> >I am in the process of trying to export/import, but will take a while.
> >I have found that some entires have been doubled/tripled up on after
> >importing.  Not sure why?
>
> If you want to do the QIF export/import, I would follow the steps
> in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178830
> except in the first step 4, I would suggest this: start the name of
> the QIF file for the investment accounts with an underscore (_),
> and start the name of QIF files for the cash accounts associated
> with the investments with a letter.  Thus you might have
> _BrownInvestment.qif and BrownInvestmentCash.qif.  This would cause
> the investment account to be processed prior to the associated cash
> account.  When the BrownInvestment got created, you would specify
> that you want to track the cash transactions.  Then specify that
> the cash transactions account for BrownInvestment was where the
> BrownInvestmentCash.qif transactions get sent.
>
> Then File->Import ALL AT ONCE using Ctrl+<click> to select files.
> Specify "New or Recovered" account when asked.
>
> Of course you will use a different filename for the new file, and
> you will have both versions to choose from when done.  I would also
> set up the backups to make sure they are using different names.
>

> >Can you tell me how do I find out what version of Money 2000 & 2004 I have
> >so I can try to get the right version in future?
> >Money 2000 v8.0.0.1015
> >Money 2004 v12.0.120.617
>
> If Help spells "check" rather than "cheque", I expect you have a US
> version.
>
> >Thanks heaps
> >Ange

> >> I suspect there was an error message about "incompatible version"
> >> that you did not tell us about.
> >>
> >> Money cannot open a version localized for another country.
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197668
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178830
> >> Get a later version for the original country, or consider QIF
> >> export/import.

CTRL + <click> is absolutely vital as it stops inter-account transfers being
double counted. In fact it is mandatory to keep the accounts in line.

--

> Thanks again,
> I spent all of yesterday importing everything into money 2004, then I
> backed
> it up and closed it.  Opened it again and it had errors all through it.
> Said
> that every acct had $-12,586.25 (can't remember exact amt it said).  Tried
> restarting computer and re-opening but same error, so un-installed it and
> went back to using my trusty money 2000.
> BTW I didn't get a choice of keeping both copies active because I soon as
> use money 2004 it gets rid of money 2000 (says it when installing 2004).
>
>> Then File->Import ALL AT ONCE using Ctrl+<click> to select files.
>> Specify "New or Recovered" account when asked.
>
> I will try this next time :-) might save some time.
>
>> If Help spells "check" rather than "cheque", I expect you have a US
>> version.
>
> I will check this when I get the time and patience to re-install 2004 :-)
> Is there only 2 versions?
>
> Thanks again
> Ange
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, FRADesigns wrote:
>>
>> >Thankyou, yes that was the error I was receiving.
>> >I am in the process of trying to export/import, but will take a while.
>> >I have found that some entires have been doubled/tripled up on after
>> >importing.  Not sure why?
>>
>> If you want to do the QIF export/import, I would follow the steps
>> in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178830
>> except in the first step 4, I would suggest this: start the name of
>> the QIF file for the investment accounts with an underscore (_),
>> and start the name of QIF files for the cash accounts associated
>> with the investments with a letter.  Thus you might have
>> _BrownInvestment.qif and BrownInvestmentCash.qif.  This would cause
>> the investment account to be processed prior to the associated cash
>> account.  When the BrownInvestment got created, you would specify
>> that you want to track the cash transactions.  Then specify that
>> the cash transactions account for BrownInvestment was where the
>> BrownInvestmentCash.qif transactions get sent.
>>
>> Then File->Import ALL AT ONCE using Ctrl+<click> to select files.
>> Specify "New or Recovered" account when asked.
>>
>> Of course you will use a different filename for the new file, and
>> you will have both versions to choose from when done.  I would also
>> set up the backups to make sure they are using different names.
>>

>> >Can you tell me how do I find out what version of Money 2000 & 2004 I
>> >have
>> >so I can try to get the right version in future?
>> >Money 2000 v8.0.0.1015
>> >Money 2004 v12.0.120.617
>>
>> If Help spells "check" rather than "cheque", I expect you have a US
>> version.
>>
>> >Thanks heaps
>> >Ange

0
Bob

Need formula to calculate bi-monthly pay dates
I need to create a list or table that returns all pay dates for the 15th and last day of the month for an entire year. The date must adjust forward when the normal pay date falls on a weekend or holiday, e.g. the 15th is Sunday so pay day is the 12th. My attempts have resulted in excessive formulas and no concrete answer. Do you need to account for holidays? This formula works but I don't account for holidays although it'd be easy enough to do so. I'm thinking some "date wizard" (a person that is good at date formulas, that's not me!) can probably ...

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Where is the lasso feature in 2008? (was in formatting palette in 2004)

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Outlook 2000 not opening.

crm consultant needed asap

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...

Word 2004 and kyocera printer issue
Hi, I am running a fully patched MAC OSX.4 machine with Office 2004 fully patched. I have installed the latest Kyocera OS X English 10.2 drivers from the kyocera website, for KM7530 model. The driver installs a job accounting feature in the printing presets for that particular printer. The function will work fine for every program other than word, word will not allow you the option to enter a pin code. all the features seem to be greyed out. If i reinstall and go immediately to anotherr program such as Eudora or Firefox or even Excel I can enter and lock the pin number in and it will print...

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Outlook 2000 #187
When I launch Outlook 2000, it hangs up. I've installed the upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2000. Can anyone tell me why outlook hangs up. I've check the properties and verified my internet e-mail information. Regards, J. Tolbert Fuller, jr. Houston TX 77093-8411 E-Mail: johntoljr@earthlink.net Fuller John T. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I launch Outlook 2000, it hangs up. I've installed > the upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2000. Can anyone > tell me why outlook hangs up. I've check the properties > and verified my inte...

Money Updates #2

Money 99 "Memo"
I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I printed out the check register and found it was omitting the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? Please e-mail wolfmagic53@hotmail.com Thank you. Ruby In microsoft.public.money, wolfmagic53@hotmail.com wrote: >I was given Money 99. Everything was working fine till I >printed out the check register and found it was omitting >the "Memo" section which was vital info I needed. >What do I need to do inorder to get it to print? What you want to do...

Outlook 2000 slow to attach files
I am running Outlook 2000 with XP, and when I go to attach a file on the network, it is extremely slow. However, when I go to the same file through Windows Explorer, it is very quick. Does anyone know what this problem might be or how to fix it? ...