Multiple user on 1 program

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to have multiple people
using Money 2006 to manage their own accounts.  I am able to log into my
personal account with the software, but when I try to use another passport,
the username and password are not accepted.  It does that for all accounts
except for the initial setup accounts.  Any ideas?
0
PigMan (1)
7/19/2005 5:39:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, PigMan wrote:

>Hi,
>I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to have multiple people
>using Money 2006 to manage their own accounts.  I am able to log into my
>personal account with the software, but when I try to use another passport,
>the username and password are not accepted.  It does that for all accounts
>except for the initial setup accounts.  Any ideas?

When you refer to logging into your personal account, do you mean
your bank account, or your Money file?

If people are using Money on your computer to manage their own
accounts, it is normal that they each have their own Money file.
They can be using their own XP user login, or they can share one XP
user. To start a new Money file from scratch, File->New->NewFile.

Only one Money file can be open on a computer at a time.

Basic Money Glossary (prototype)

Account

A collective place to place transactions.  An investment account
would normally hold stocks, bonds, and/or mutual funds.  There are
also bank, credit, and asset accounts.  Money Help item "account"
gives a description.

Category

The Money help item "category" says "A way to sort your income and
expenses into meaningful groups so you can see income and spending
patterns in Money reports." That seems like a good description.

Favorite Account

An attribute of an account to give it easier access. See help item
"favorite".

Investment

A security such as stock, bond, or mutual fund.  See Help item
"investment".  Investment Buys and Sells are entered into an
investment (type) account, but an account is not an investment.
Normally when your broker assigns different account numbers, each
account number would correspond to an account.  Each account can
contain many different types of investments.

Money File

The file that normally has the extension .mny.  It contains the
data for money as well as most of the settings.  It can be moved,
deleted, or copied by normal operating system means.  See Help item
"file".

The Money file can be backed up to a Money backup file with a .mbf
extension.  Give careful thought to your backup policy.

Watch Account

An account that is not real, but is for the purpose of watching
securities that you may not actually own. See help item "watch".

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

1 Mailbox for 2 E-mail addresses?
We have a user who is taking extended leave (1 year) and we would like to have all of his e-mail automatically sent to another user's mailbox without the forwarding. Is it possible to set it up so that this other user can just go to her e-mail and get his e-mail sent directly to her mailbox without the mail having been forwarded from his mailbox? why don't you want the mail to be forwarded? other option is to move the email address from the user who's going on leave to the person who's going to manage the email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David Rosen" <Dav...

SMTPSVC Event ID:2012 after applying Service Pack 1
After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Can we see the description also? "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > After I applied Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003, I am now getting multiple > warning of "SMTPSVC Event ID: 2012" in my system log. > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Administrator -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com The description is the following: SMTP could not connect to the DNS s...

Favicon
Hi, I think I have found a small bug in IE 8 and I was wondering if anyone could confirm this was happening to them. Steps to reproduce: 1) You need HTTP Watch, or IE Watch, or Fiddler running. 2) Pick a site and add it to you list of sites for compatibility mode. 3) Visit the site with your http watcher running. Bug: If you look at your user agent, it will be "compatible; MSIE 7.0 (etc.)" for all of your requests, EXCEPT for the request to favicon.ico, which will be "compatible; MSIE 8.0 (etc.)" This bug is more annoying than it seems, because ...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

Exchange 2003 sends multiple emails
I just discovered that when a user sent email to a specific distribution list or group of people, the email was recieved by the recipients over four times. I can see in the logs that the Exchange server did send roughly this many, but I dont know why. any ideas? thanks ...

Multiple Mail Messages & File Attachments Displayed
I have Outlook 2003 SP2. Periodically emails will arrive twice. In the message template, my email address will be displayed many times in the To: field and any associated attachment(s) will be displayed multiple times. Any assistance is appreciated. ...

sample program
Hi, I have a distribution F(x,y)= exp{-lambda1.x-lambda2.y-lambda3.max(x,y)}, x,y>0 and all the lambdas are also positive. i want to find the maximum likelihood estimates these lambdas. Could you point to any sample program code that would help me to do this work? i would like to do it in SAS or "R". Best regards. Eben. Presumably you are using a period for multiplication and you mean this to be a pdf, but you are missing a scale factor to make the integral equal to 1. It is also unclear what your data is. Do you intend to estimate the lambdas from a single x and y (no u...

how to force user not to enter "%" sign into a TextBox.
I need to force user not to enter "%" sign into a text box. OnExit event of text box, which code sould i use, so that I will make the CANCEL=True? I can do that by placing ComboBox and defining a criteria on the query where combobox is bounded. But i want to learn how to do in VBA. There are lots of information about it on this group but i failed to understand. Thanks mezzanine1974 wrote: > I need to force user not to enter "%" sign into a text box. OnExit > event of text box, which code sould i use, so that I will make the > CANCEL=True? > I can do that by pla...

Formula to copy related information from sheet 1 to sheet 2
Hello guys, I hope you'll can help me. i have the information below in sheet 1. i need the information to be filtered, copy and paste in sheet 2 according to the month. example. if october, i need all information for the month of october to be copy and past from column A, B, C sheet 1 to column A, B, C sheet 2 please help. A B C Serial Number Quantities (Kilos) Date 8.1122 539,470 22/10/2009 8.1122 403,697 22/10/2009 8.1122 643,710 05/11/2009 8.1122...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

access outlook from other programs
I have a program that sends e-mail through outlook. This works fine, but every time the program sends I have to except the connection throug outlook and select how many minutes the program can use outlook. Is there any way this security setting can be removed ? -T From Our good friends at www.slipstick.com we find the following: The "object model guard" feature of the patch imposes two extreme restrictions on automating Outlook from add-ins that use CDO: a.. If an add-in tries to send an Outlook message, the user gets a notification pop-up and must explicitly authorize or d...

Mail-Enabled User Not Appearing in GAL
Hey folks. Strange query.. using Win2K3Ent and Exch2k3Ent, with latest SPs and hotfixes installed on both. Trying to create a mail-enabled user (giving impression of internal user actually aliased to an external SMTP address). I'm under the impression (confirmed by checking 70-284) that a mail-enabled user should appear in the GAL after a short while, and be available for clients such as Outlook to select directly (yet be aliased at the postoffice level). No matter what I try, I cannot get the user to appear in the GAL. Using ExchSysMgr, if I query the GAL, the user appears happ...

Some users cannot have replied E-Mail activity? Why?
Hi, It is really strange, in our company, some users's replied e-mail activity will not be put into CRM system by that router. I tested everybody by my internet mailbox. But meanwhile, some other users without problem. Anybody know that? Thank you very much. Raymond From what I understand... if you reply using outlook - it will not go through the CRM router and be placed in CRM... you must reply outside of outlook.... (i.e. hotmail, external account)... I think there is a TK on this... "Raymond" <xin421@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:015d01c3dc66$e19ca420$a401...

Backup Exec 9.1. Where is public folder backup located?
Hi All, Using BackUp Exec 9.1 SP1 on an SBS2k Server. I was reviewing my backup selections in a new installation of BE and noticed that under the selection "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders" I only see "Internet Newsgroups." Where is my public calendar? But I see the "Public Folder Store" under "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". In addition, I also see the "Mailbox Store" under the same group of "Microsoft Information Store" > "First Storage Group". Is this by design? Has it always be...

One IP-address
Our exchange 2003-server hosts two domains A.com and B.com. So, the mx-record for BOTH domains point to the same host (mailhost.A.com) and resolves the corresponding IP-addres. The PTR-record for this IP-address obviously points back to the host mailhost.A.com. All seems to work fine for both domains for the moment, but will this not present a problem in the future for mail from the B.com domain when more and more receiving hosts do reverse lookup ? Or is reverse lookup just verifying the FQDN in the mail-header, and not the senders domain ? Regards Rudy Steyaert HI, NO i don't think ...

not user if this is a bug that was fixed or my memory gone bad...
I year or two ago I created a mail merge into Publisher from MS Access that has text and photos. It's a directory with photos and text below... What I ended up with then, that I want to do again is have the pages lay out like the following. Photo1 photo 2 Photo1 photo 2 Photo3 photo 4 Photo3 photo 4 Photo5 photo 6 Photo5 photo 6 Photo7 photo 8 Photo7 photo 8 Photo9 photo 10 Photo9 photo 10 The page layout is landscape with two columns (portrate) This worked great as I could print off all 30+ pages,...

MFC Programming
Hi What is the best book or tutorial for programming in Visual C++ MFC ? Programming Windows With MFC by Jeff Prosise ( ISBN: 1572316950 ) -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Egan" <etow1288@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4B821FF1-57B3-4389-9DAF-E04C6A8C9CE7@microsoft.com... > Hi > > What is the best book or tutorial for programming in Visual C++ MFC ? > Another great thing to do is look at sites: http://www.codeproject.com http://www.codeguru.com There are lots of great "getting started" articles an...

Multiple charts with same serie names
I want to have the same color in all four of my line charts per series. All charts have the same series name. Is there some type of VBA code that I can run a macro to achieve this ? example: boat = green line mnotorcycle = yellow line auto = red line Hi, You could avoid VBA, maybe, by choosing Tools, Options, Color and setting the first three colors of the Chart fills aor Chart lines area depending on the type of charts you are using. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Jennifer" wrote: > I want to have the same color in all four of m...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Conversion_de_donn=E9es_textes_en_nombre?=
Bonjour, J'ai fait un copier-coller d'un tableau sur le Net dans une feuille excel 2007. Ces donn�es sont reconnues comme du texte, comment faire pour qu'elles soient converties en nombre. Avec une version pr�c�dente �a marchait tr�s bien avec "collage sp�cial>multiplication". Mais avec 2007 �a semble ne pas fonctionner. Avez-vous des id�es? Merci pour votre aide. Alain CTRL-H Rechercher ALT-0160 Remplacer par "" et apres (seulement pour �tre s�r) "collage sp�cial-multiplication" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "A...

Getting 552 Requested mail action aborted: (from one user on Hotmail)
I have a home user that is using a Hotmail account to communicate with our company. She can email us perfectly fine when she composes a new message...however, when she attempts to reply to a message sent from us, she is getting back and undeliverable message as follows: name@domain.com SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: host mail.domain.com [xx.x.xxx.xx]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation She gets this message even with no attachements. The host domain name and IP address are both correct as well as the email address (obviously since...

User Manager -> Adding Users
Has anyone else seen the case where each Active Directory user is listed twice in the Import Users Wizard in the Deployment manager? Rick. ...

If...ElseIf...End If with multiple conditions
I am learning VBA for Access. On the form I have Text Box "Cat" and Combo Box "CatCb". CatCb data source has 6 values including "Dr", "Pt" and the last value "Undefined". I have class module as follows Private Sub CatCb_AfterUpdate() If Nz(Cat.Value) = "" Then Cat.Value = CatCb ElseIf Cat.Value <> "Undefined" And CatCb = "Undefined" And MsgBox("Replace all current Categories with 'Undefined'?", vbYesNo, "Categories") = vbYes Then Cat.Value = CatCb Else ...

Changing Multiple Users Details
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 and I need to change all our users company info and addresses, as we have moved physical locations... Is there a way to change all users information in one simple procedure? Not sure if this is an Exchange thing or a AD thing... Thanks in advance guys... I think ADModify.net might do what you want http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A45444-7337-4C50-B536-34C4F6F9EBA5@microsoft.com... > We are using Exchange 2003...

Why doesn't this work with XPath 1.0?
I'm using .Net 2.0. I realize that this means XPath 1.0 (which is ridiculous). So here's a document that I have that's not on disk but held in a variable (I queried an Exchange appointment calendar): <?xml version="1.0"?> <a:multistatus xmlns:b="urn:uuid:c2f41010-65b3-11d1-a29f-00aa00c14882/" xmlns:d="urn:schemas:httpmail:" xmlns:f="urn:schemas:mailheader:" xmlns:c="xml:" xmlns:e="urn:schemas:calendar:" xmlns:a="DAV:"> <a:prop> <a:parentname>http://mail.somewhere.com/davrdir/john.doe...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...