Multiple Data files--two with same name!

I have been having trouble balancing my checking account, and discovered that
I have three data files:  My Money, My Money0 and My Money0.  Yes, two of
them appear to have the exact same name.

One of the My Money0 files appears to cover the time from my last archive
(Jan 2003), while the other two files cover only a portion of that time (Jan
04-Aug 04) and (Jan 03-May 04).

How can this happen?  Any suggestions on how to fix it?  At this point my
only idea is to manually cross check all the entries and create a single data
file then delete the other two.  Any better ideas?
0
tennisgal (1)
1/13/2006 4:44:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, tennisgal wrote:

>I have been having trouble balancing my checking account, and discovered that
>I have three data files:  My Money, My Money0 and My Money0.  Yes, two of
>them appear to have the exact same name.
>
>One of the My Money0 files appears to cover the time from my last archive
>(Jan 2003), while the other two files cover only a portion of that time (Jan
>04-Aug 04) and (Jan 03-May 04).
>
>How can this happen?

How can you have two Money files with the same name? They could be
in different folders.

If you had not described the contents, I would suspect that at least
one was a backup file. The extension of a Money filename is .mny and
for a backup it is .mbf. You probably are set up to hide extensions,
because that is the default. I would click
Start->Settings->ControlPanel->FolderOptions->View and uncheck
HideExtensionsForKnownFileTypes. Others like it hidden.

You should have another file with the word "archive" in the name.
That would be the file as it existed at the time of archiving, and
that one you could open if you wanted to see the older data that you
archived away.

>  Any suggestions on how to fix it?  At this point my
>only idea is to manually cross check all the entries and create a single data
>file then delete the other two.  Any better ideas?

From your description, it sounds like one of the My Money0 files has
everything from after your archiving. I would make a copy of that as
Mary.mny or some such name. I would open that file, and continue
with that one.

Also, I would suggest you consider not archiving again. There is no
way to re-integrate the data.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

data input in text box

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

MS Money 95 data files

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

Sorting Data #5

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Trying to read XML file into dataset

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

opening .bak file

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...