MSMoney 2007 - C++ Runtime Error

In MSMoney 2007 Deluxe, When I go to an Income Vs Spending report, I have
transactions that don't have assigned categories.

When I click on the 'Assign categories' I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Library - Runtime Error.

This happens every time, and on two different computers.

Looking at the detailed technical information I see an 0x40000015 out of
mscoree.dll.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this, or where to get additional help from
Microsoft?

Thanks
Phillip
0
Phillip (10)
7/14/2007 4:04:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Phillip wrote:

>In MSMoney 2007 Deluxe, When I go to an Income Vs Spending report, I have
>transactions that don't have assigned categories.
>
>When I click on the 'Assign categories' I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
>Library - Runtime Error.
>
>This happens every time, and on two different computers.
>
>Looking at the detailed technical information I see an 0x40000015 out of
>mscoree.dll.
>
>Anyone have any idea how to fix this, or where to get additional help from
>Microsoft?

If you purchased Money retail, go to
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11403 and click "Contact a support
professional by e-mail, online, or phone."  Have your serial number
from Help->About handy. That is your product ID to use.

I wonder if that started just after the July 10 Windows updates.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/14/2007 4:40:22 PM
It was NOT the July 10th update that did it. It has been happening on the
first computer for a couple months. I just had it on my list to install Money
on the second computer, and not click the report. Well, I got around to
installing it on the second one and same problem.

There is at least one other problem with this version of Money on my
computers, probably related. This is the only one I can repo at will.

Thanks for your help.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Phillip wrote:
>
> >In MSMoney 2007 Deluxe, When I go to an Income Vs Spending report, I have
> >transactions that don't have assigned categories.
> >
> >When I click on the 'Assign categories' I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
> >Library - Runtime Error.
> >
> >This happens every time, and on two different computers.
> >
> >Looking at the detailed technical information I see an 0x40000015 out of
> >mscoree.dll.
> >
> >Anyone have any idea how to fix this, or where to get additional help from
> >Microsoft?
>
> If you purchased Money retail, go to
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11403 and click "Contact a support
> professional by e-mail, online, or phone."  Have your serial number
> from Help->About handy. That is your product ID to use.
>
> I wonder if that started just after the July 10 Windows updates.

0
Phillip (10)
7/14/2007 4:52:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Phillip wrote:

>There is at least one other problem with this version of Money on my
>computers, probably related. This is the only one I can repo at will.

It might be useful to make a repaired version of your file. Use
File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2 and see if you get
still get those problems with that file.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/14/2007 4:57:32 PM
I have done the repairs, and now have talked to the online support with the
chat.

They believe I have something corupted in my money file, and my only option
is to export/import all the data. One account at a time, and things like
loans have to be done manually.

With about 15 years worth of info, over 40 accounts, this does seem like a
good option. Before I do this I will probably change financial programs to
one a little more robust. It has always seemed like Microsoft didn't expect
people to use Money for an extended period of time before either changing to
Quicken or just starting over. For example read the KB articles on archiving
your file.

Not sure what I am going to do, but it works well enough for me to spend a
little time looking at the options.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Phillip

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Phillip wrote:
>

> >There is at least one other problem with this version of Money on my
> >computers, probably related. This is the only one I can repo at will.
>
> It might be useful to make a repaired version of your file. Use
> File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2 and see if you get
> still get those problems with that file.

0
Phillip (10)
7/14/2007 7:58:02 PM
You might be able to identify the problem with the 'divide and conquer'
approach.
In otherwords see if you can identify the account and then the transactions
that are causing this.
You can customize the report to remove half of the accounts, test and if it
fails remove some more. When it works properly add accounts back to see
which one is causing the failure. Then after identify the account (or
accounts) leave the report customized to just that acccount and start
narrowing down the "date" range to narrow it down the problem transaction or
transactions.
Once this has been identified, then you can try modifying the transaction
(i.e. adding a category) and see if that resolves the problem.

-Mark

"Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have done the repairs, and now have talked to the online support with the
> chat.
>
> They believe I have something corupted in my money file, and my only
> option
> is to export/import all the data. One account at a time, and things like
> loans have to be done manually.
>
> With about 15 years worth of info, over 40 accounts, this does seem like a
> good option. Before I do this I will probably change financial programs to
> one a little more robust. It has always seemed like Microsoft didn't
> expect
> people to use Money for an extended period of time before either changing
> Quicken or just starting over. For example read the KB articles on
> archiving
> your file.
>
> Not sure what I am going to do, but it works well enough for me to spend a
> little time looking at the options.
>
> Thanks for your help and suggestions.
>
> Phillip
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Phillip wrote:
>>

>> >There is at least one other problem with this version of Money on my
>> >computers, probably related. This is the only one I can repo at will.
>>
>> It might be useful to make a repaired version of your file. Use
>> File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2 and see if you get
>> still get those problems with that file.

0
abcd7779 (838)