MS Money won't update some accounts

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66FBD.344D48A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

OS: Windows XP Pro, all patches from MS up to date. ZoneAlarm firewall; =
McAfee AV

Sent the following message to MS support this afternoon:

Purchased MS Money Premium 2006 off of the MS website about a year ago. =
All was working well until about 4-6 weeks ago. Symptoms and =
observations:

--MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit =
Union, ETrade) and=20
some credit cards (MBNA, Capital One). Others update correctly; there =
seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why some update and others do not.

--After an attempted update, the call summary message in MS Money says =
it can not synchronize with the Money servers and the information was =
not updated. Try again later. Many attempts later in the day and on =
subsequent days yield the same message.

--When attempting to add a credit card account (MBNA, Captial One) from =
within MS Money software, it says the update service is temporarily =
unavailable and to try again later. This is same message issued for the =
past 4-6 weeks. Credentials on the MBNA & Captial One sites are correct; =
I can log in to the credit card site fine with those credentials.

--When trying to add the same bank and credit card accounts as listed =
above, via the Money website, it will not retrieve any information. =
After deleting the credit card account off of the website, waiting 24 =
hours, then trying to add again (as advised on the website), it still =
will not add the account.

--When I check my account on the billing.microsoft.com site, it says my =
MS Money Premium 2006 purchase was "cancelled". I did not request it to =
be cancelled.

--Installed a purchased CD copy of MS Money Premium yesterday (after =
uninstalling the web purchased version, rebooting, reinstalling the new =
version, rebooting). Symtoms have persisted.

--Ran the file repair (Level II) on the Money file. No meaningful error =
messages, and symptoms still persist.

--I can sign in to the passport network and can check my Hotmail and =
check account status in Passport (apparently not a Passport login =
problem)

--Turned AV and firewalls off; same error messages occur.

I am stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66FBD.344D48A0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>OS: Windows XP Pro, all patches from MS =
up to date.=20
ZoneAlarm firewall; McAfee AV</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sent the following message to MS =
support this=20
afternoon:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Purchased MS Money Premium 2006 off of =
the MS=20
website about a year ago. All was working well until about 4-6 weeks =
ago.=20
Symptoms and observations:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--MS Money can not update some bank =
accounts=20
(Pentagon Federal Credit Union, ETrade) and <BR>some credit cards (MBNA, =
Capital=20
One). Others update correctly; there seems to be no rhyme or reason as =
to why=20
some update and others do not.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--After an attempted update, the call =
summary=20
message in MS Money says it can not synchronize with the Money servers =
and the=20
information was not updated. Try again later. Many attempts later in the =
day and=20
on subsequent days yield the same message.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--When attempting to add a credit card =
account=20
(MBNA, Captial One) from within MS Money software, it says the update =
service is=20
temporarily unavailable and to try again later. This is same message =
issued for=20
the past 4-6 weeks. Credentials on the MBNA &amp; Captial One sites are =
correct;=20
I can log in to the credit card site fine with those =
credentials.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--When trying to add the same bank and =
credit card=20
accounts as listed above, via the Money website, it will not retrieve =
any=20
information. After deleting the credit card account off of the website, =
waiting=20
24 hours, then trying to add again (as advised on the website), it still =
will=20
not add the account.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--When I check my account on the=20
billing.microsoft.com site, it says my MS Money Premium 2006 purchase =
was=20
"cancelled". I did not request it to be cancelled.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--Installed a purchased CD copy of MS =
Money Premium=20
yesterday (after uninstalling the web purchased version, rebooting, =
reinstalling=20
the new version, rebooting). Symtoms have persisted.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--Ran the file repair (Level II) on the =
Money file.=20
No meaningful error messages, and symptoms still persist.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--I can sign in to the passport network =
and can=20
check my Hotmail and check account status in Passport (apparently not a =
Passport=20
login problem)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>--Turned AV and firewalls off; same =
error messages=20
occur.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am stumped. Anyone have any =
ideas?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66FBD.344D48A0--

0
n121pp (4)
5/5/2006 12:56:45 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

7 Replies
312 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

In microsoft.public.money, n121pp wrote:

>--MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit Union, ETrade) and 
>some credit cards (MBNA, Capital One). Others update correctly; there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why some update and others do not.

MNBA credit card does not seem to be on this list: 
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=M&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly

Looking at
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=C&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly#31
I see two Capital Ones  for credit cards: Capital One bank   and
CapitalOne Card. I don't know which is the right one. Capital One
bank uses a direct method, and  CapitalOne Card uses the third party
method.

Pentagon Federal Credit Union appears to use direct services.  I
would contact their customer service. They may have to set you up
for Microsoft Money access. I suspect they will have useful
information for you. Click Pentagon Federal Credit Union  on
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=P&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#64
for contact information.

Ditto Etrade. . Click E-trade on
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=E&FinananceOrganisationType=BrokeragesOnly#1
 for contact information.



0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/5/2006 1:12:29 AM
Thanks for the info. All accounts were found by MS Money before this 
situation started, and downloads were occurring for all those listed credit 
card and bank accounts listed. No interaction from the banks/CC companies 
were necessary, but I will check it out.

I find it odd that the online version I purchased last year was marked as 
"cancelled" on the MS passport website. Could this be causing the problems?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:g29l52558oad5gc2qk13ab0vm163k83lbp@4ax.com...
> In microsoft.public.money, n121pp wrote:
>
>>--MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit 
>>Union, ETrade) and
>>some credit cards (MBNA, Capital One). Others update correctly; there 
>>seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why some update and others do not.
>
> MNBA credit card does not seem to be on this list:
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=M&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
>
> Looking at
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=C&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly#31
> I see two Capital Ones  for credit cards: Capital One bank   and
> CapitalOne Card. I don't know which is the right one. Capital One
> bank uses a direct method, and  CapitalOne Card uses the third party
> method.
>
> Pentagon Federal Credit Union appears to use direct services.  I
> would contact their customer service. They may have to set you up
> for Microsoft Money access. I suspect they will have useful
> information for you. Click Pentagon Federal Credit Union  on
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=P&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#64
> for contact information.
>
> Ditto Etrade. . Click E-trade on
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=E&FinananceOrganisationType=BrokeragesOnly#1
> for contact information.
>
>
> 


0
n121pp (4)
5/5/2006 1:27:53 AM
In microsoft.public.money, n121pp wrote:

>Thanks for the info. All accounts were found by MS Money before this 
>situation started, and downloads were occurring for all those listed credit 
>card and bank accounts listed.

I somehow did not understand that from your original posting. Since
Etrade and Pentagon Federal Credit had been downloading, and now
they are not, I would tend to look to your firewall or virus
checkers.

Of course you should think about what you installed between now and
when these downloads were working.  IE7 beta maybe? 




> No interaction from the banks/CC companies 
>were necessary, but I will check it out.
>
>I find it odd that the online version I purchased last year was marked as 
>"cancelled" on the MS passport website. Could this be causing the problems?
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
>news:g29l52558oad5gc2qk13ab0vm163k83lbp@4ax.com...
>> In microsoft.public.money, n121pp wrote:
>>
>>>--MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit 
>>>Union, ETrade) and
>>>some credit cards (MBNA, Capital One). Others update correctly; there 
>>>seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why some update and others do not.
>>
>> MNBA credit card does not seem to be on this list:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=M&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
>>
>> Looking at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=C&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly#31
>> I see two Capital Ones  for credit cards: Capital One bank   and
>> CapitalOne Card. I don't know which is the right one. Capital One
>> bank uses a direct method, and  CapitalOne Card uses the third party
>> method.
>>
>> Pentagon Federal Credit Union appears to use direct services.  I
>> would contact their customer service. They may have to set you up
>> for Microsoft Money access. I suspect they will have useful
>> information for you. Click Pentagon Federal Credit Union  on
>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=P&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#64
>> for contact information.
>>
>> Ditto Etrade. . Click E-trade on
>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=E&FinananceOrganisationType=BrokeragesOnly#1
>> for contact information.
>>
>>
>> 
>
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/5/2006 1:44:11 AM
Just as an update, I did some further diagnostics:

* Created a new passport account and hotmail account

* took my existing money file and associated it with the new passport 
account.

All symptoms have resolved. I can add credit card and bank accounts again, 
and updates synchronize with the MSN servers, with no error messages. It 
appears that the old passport account, at some point in the last couple of 
months, had become corrupted. No idea why. Just one last issue.

Maybe the group has an answer to this question: I have MSN Billpay set up on 
the old passport account and want to associate it/appear with the new 
passport account. How do I do that in MS Money? I do not see a link to MSN 
billpay in the Money file associated with the new passport credentials, so 
it is not intuitive on how to add this capability back in.



"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:fabl52lqr5kv9hqpelion11p9onnq1umnt@4ax.com...
> In microsoft.public.money, n121pp wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the info. All accounts were found by MS Money before this
>>situation started, and downloads were occurring for all those listed 
>>credit
>>card and bank accounts listed.
>
> I somehow did not understand that from your original posting. Since
> Etrade and Pentagon Federal Credit had been downloading, and now
> they are not, I would tend to look to your firewall or virus
> checkers.
>
> Of course you should think about what you installed between now and
> when these downloads were working.  IE7 beta maybe?
>
>
>
>
>> No interaction from the banks/CC companies
>>were necessary, but I will check it out.
>>
>>I find it odd that the online version I purchased last year was marked as
>>"cancelled" on the MS passport website. Could this be causing the 
>>problems?
>>
>>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>>news:g29l52558oad5gc2qk13ab0vm163k83lbp@4ax.com...
>>> In microsoft.public.money, n121pp wrote:
>>>
>>>>--MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit
>>>>Union, ETrade) and
>>>>some credit cards (MBNA, Capital One). Others update correctly; there
>>>>seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why some update and others do not.
>>>
>>> MNBA credit card does not seem to be on this list:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=M&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
>>>
>>> Looking at
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=C&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly#31
>>> I see two Capital Ones  for credit cards: Capital One bank   and
>>> CapitalOne Card. I don't know which is the right one. Capital One
>>> bank uses a direct method, and  CapitalOne Card uses the third party
>>> method.
>>>
>>> Pentagon Federal Credit Union appears to use direct services.  I
>>> would contact their customer service. They may have to set you up
>>> for Microsoft Money access. I suspect they will have useful
>>> information for you. Click Pentagon Federal Credit Union  on
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=P&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#64
>>> for contact information.
>>>
>>> Ditto Etrade. . Click E-trade on
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=E&FinananceOrganisationType=BrokeragesOnly#1
>>> for contact information.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> 


0
n121pp (4)
5/6/2006 1:37:56 PM
In microsoft.public.money, n121pp wrote:

>Just as an update, I did some further diagnostics:
>
>* Created a new passport account and hotmail account
>
>* took my existing money file and associated it with the new passport 
>account.
>
>All symptoms have resolved. I can add credit card and bank accounts again, 
>and updates synchronize with the MSN servers, with no error messages. It 
>appears that the old passport account, at some point in the last couple of 
>months, had become corrupted. No idea why. Just one last issue.
>
>Maybe the group has an answer to this question: I have MSN Billpay set up on 
>the old passport account and want to associate it/appear with the new 
>passport account. How do I do that in MS Money? I do not see a link to MSN 
>billpay in the Money file associated with the new passport credentials, so 
>it is not intuitive on how to add this capability back in.
>

You removed the Passport and applied a new one rather than the
method rather than the one in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324001&Product=mny
? I am not sure it would have made a difference, but I suspect it
might have.

Note the item dated 11/28/2005 in 
http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp

What might work, (and might not), is to restore a backup from before
you removed the Passport. Don't overwrite your mostly working
current file. Then disable the online access from the each of the
problem accounts, and then re-enable each. 

Or, just use the web-based bill pay access for now.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/6/2006 2:56:47 PM
Thanks for the input Cal!

It sounds like I will just need to access the website directly to get to my 
MSN Billpay information, which is not a problem. I bookmarked it in Money 
and can reach it that way.

One other question: I have two CapitalOne credit card accounts, each with a 
different username and password. How can I get both accounts into MS Money? 
Is there a specific procedure to follow for this?


"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message 
news:vodp521c21mlvii1ahnl889ofp7o1ksad9@4ax.com...
> In microsoft.public.money, n121pp wrote:
>
>>Just as an update, I did some further diagnostics:
>>
>>* Created a new passport account and hotmail account
>>
>>* took my existing money file and associated it with the new passport
>>account.
>>
>>All symptoms have resolved. I can add credit card and bank accounts again,
>>and updates synchronize with the MSN servers, with no error messages. It
>>appears that the old passport account, at some point in the last couple of
>>months, had become corrupted. No idea why. Just one last issue.
>>
>>Maybe the group has an answer to this question: I have MSN Billpay set up 
>>on
>>the old passport account and want to associate it/appear with the new
>>passport account. How do I do that in MS Money? I do not see a link to MSN
>>billpay in the Money file associated with the new passport credentials, so
>>it is not intuitive on how to add this capability back in.
>>
>
> You removed the Passport and applied a new one rather than the
> method rather than the one in
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324001&Product=mny
> ? I am not sure it would have made a difference, but I suspect it
> might have.
>
> Note the item dated 11/28/2005 in
> http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp
>
> What might work, (and might not), is to restore a backup from before
> you removed the Passport. Don't overwrite your mostly working
> current file. Then disable the online access from the each of the
> problem accounts, and then re-enable each.
>
> Or, just use the web-based bill pay access for now.
> 


0
n121pp (4)
5/6/2006 10:18:07 PM
In microsoft.public.money, n121pp wrote:

>
>One other question: I have two CapitalOne credit card accounts, each with a 
>different username and password. How can I get both accounts into MS Money? 
>Is there a specific procedure to follow for this?

What might work is to say that one account is at CapitalOne and one
is at an institution named "Capital 1". See if that works for you.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/6/2006 10:52:45 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

number rounding in MS Excel
Hi, This may have been answered many times. In MS EXCEL is there a way that it calculates all numbers to 2 decimal digit accuracy instead of the 15 digit default? Thanks in advance for the answer. Hi You can set your decimal places in your cells as 2 and then check Precision As Displayed on the Tools / Options / Calculation page. Be careful though, it means what it says!! -- Andy. "mahusain" <abidh@bdnet.net> wrote in message news:ab59c6f6.0404200315.5196e8aa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > This may have been answered many times. > > In MS EXCEL is ther...

update column
How would I update a column with numeric values so that there are 3 leading zeros for each row? hi it is not possible to add leading zeros to a numeric value. Mathematically, this is redundent and unnecessary. "brian" wrote: > How would I update a column with numeric values so that there are 3 leading > zeros for each row? opps. hit the post button too quick. option 1. custom format if your numeric value is 12345 then see the custom format to 00000000. note. format do not change data - it just changes the way it looks in the cell. option2. format to text then use the c...

Meeting updates #2
My users cannot update meetings created when they were on the old email server. I have noticed that the old string is still mapped to the meeting. e.g x400;c=us;a= ;p=Org name;o=exchagne;s=Lastname;g=firstname; Take a look at the following article: 275134 XADM: Cannot Reply to Messages That Are Sent from a User Account That http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275134 The same thing applies to meetings. How did you move them and what version(s) of Exchange? Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Money Plus not Updating Quotes
For the past couple of days Money Plus has not been automatically updating stock quotes and manual quotes does not work either. I should add that this problem has been intermittent for the past couple of days. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, D.Duck wrote: >For the past couple of days Money Plus has not been automatically updating >stock quotes and manual quotes does not work either. > >I should add that this problem has been intermittent for the past couple of >days. > >Any suggestions? > High server loading. Try again later. In microsoft.publi...

Send to certain person using specific email account
I send an email to a certain receipient but don't want to use the default email account. Is it possible that when I send to them (plain text) , that it will choose the other account I want to use to send it? Please advise how I set this up. Thanks. I do not believe that this can be achieved automatically through standard use of Outlook as you need to manually specify the name of the account to send from if different than the default. However, it would be possible using the Outlook object model. An Addin would need to be developed that monitored each mail item prior to sending. If the d...

Can't open 2005 data file after reinstalling Money 2005
I am experiencing a recurring problem. I have had to reinstall Windows XP and MS Money 2005. I am now unable to open my previously converted 2005 file or restore any backup version. I consistently get the following error message: "Money cannot locate filename or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file, you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write- protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and then Restore your most recent backup file." Any help or thoughts would be greatly ap...

Changing font in Money 2004 register?
Is there any way to change the font(s) used in MS Money 2004's registers? The default font is too small and difficult for me to read. Also, is there any way to change the color scheme to something more pleasing to my eye (like you can do in Quicken...) Thanks. Nope and Nope. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=136. "Debbie R." <debbimsr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:f5ff01c43e15$e2ae3700$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to change the font(s) used in MS Money > 2004's registers? The default font is too small and > difficult for me to read....

Converting Opportunity to Account
How do I convert an Opportunity to a Account? Thanks This is not possible, opportunities are opportunities for existing accounts/contacts. This is why when you convert a Lead to an Opportunity you must select the potential customer also. Regards Dan "circulent" wrote: > How do I convert an Opportunity to a Account? Thanks how would I select a potential customer? does this mean I have to create an account for them as well? it wouldnt make sense since they may not ending up being an account. thoughts? "Dan Quinton" wrote: > This is not possible, opportunities...

OLK 2k7
Outlook is behaving strangly with the "through the selected account" option. Each time I restart Outlook the rule fails. When I go in to check on the rules I get told that the rule is "invalid". and the "SELECTED" account is no longer selected. Each time the criteria the account needs to be selected by changes. For example with the following data Account Name Email Account mailserver.domain1.com user@domain1.com mailserver.domain2.com user@domain2.com One time I go in and it's asking me to select the account ...

Setting up a new e-mail account
I'm trying to set up my yahoo account so that I receive my e-mail messages in my Outlook Inbox. I went to Accounts, and servers, and put in mail.yahoo.com for incoming mail (POP3) and smtp.yahoo.com for outgoing mail (smtp). When I click on the send/receive button I get an error message. Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to set up my yahoo account so that I receive > my e-mail messages in my Outlook Inbox. I went to > Accounts, and servers, and put in mail.yahoo.com for > incoming mail (POP3) and smtp.yahoo.com for outgoing mail &...

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Associating Multiple Existing Contacts to an Account, Until CRM 2.x
I have racked my pea-sized brain for endless days for a way to associate multiple existing contacts (or accounts) to an account. My client has accounts that have many contacts (or accounts) involved at different stages of acquiring a new account. The logical method would be to add a custom attribute with lookup functionality into the existing CRM contact or account objects but this is not possible with CRM 1.x. The resulting UI would allow an end user to associate different contacts (or accounts) to an account. Example: Account: ABC - AccountPhysician: (existing account or con...

running reports from MS CRM prompt for username and password
Senario: When running a report from Microsoft CRM client it prompts for username and password. When given it's runs the report correct question: if MS CRM 3 is configured correctly is it normal that when trying to generate a report in MS CRM prompt for username and password? No, ideally it should pass the users AD credentials to the reporting IIS server (single sign on). If you were to close the browser and run a different report does it still prompt for credentials? I've noticed this does also depend on the hostname. For instance if the reporting server uses a differe...

Money 2000 Account Balance Changed Inexplicably
Opening Money 2000, which I've used without problem since late 1999, I noticed that my checking account balance was overstated by almost $2000! I went to the register to see if there was a false transaction entered and it appears that this balance change goes back years with no obvious single entry being the culprit. When I run the "balance this account" function, it shows that the closing balance from my last statement, which was correct and rectified, is now also wrong and reflects the higher balance. What do I do now? The only thing that I can think of is to restore...

I want to add a mail account without setting a SMTP server. Is it possible?
I want to add a second mail account that is outside my company. Since the company firewall does not allow us to connect to SMTP-servers I want to add this account without setting the SMTP propertiy. I cannot specify the company server as it is an Exchange server and the outside one an IMAP one. Currently I have specified the outside SMTP server since outook does not allow me to add an account wihtout setting this. I keep getting annoying error messages as my computer can't connect to the outside SMTP. Any one know a way around this? cheers, mortb The company server has SMTP enabled, u...

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2
When trying to add a loan to the debt planner, Money keeps telling me that I am 6 months past due on this particular loan. In reality, I have made consistent entries for each month's payment. This is making it really difficult to use the debt planner! What do I need to do? ...

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98
I am helping a friend who has 98. I need to make a backup of info on my 2002 for him to use on 98. Any suggestions as to how to do this? M98 can't read any file written by M02 besides .QIF import. M02 can't write any file readable by M98 except for .QIF export. Sounds like QIF export/import is your only choice. I suspect you will find this doesn't do what you want. "Carlotte" <Carlotta41@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015b01c3d2fa$bbf8fd60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am helping a friend who has 98. I need to make a > backup of info on...

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

MS Access 2007 code not running
I have created a brand new database in Access 2007 and linked some VB code to run on Form_Load. This code worked perfect with no problems the day I created it. Now today I opened the same form and it is not running the Form_Load code anymore (and yes it is still there, I did not delete it). I got frustrated so I copied and pasted the code to Form_Current and several On_Change events and set breakpoints at the beginning of all the events just to see if it was the Form_Load that was not triggering, but NO events are triggering my VB code. Any ideas? See this page: http://accessjunkie.com/fa...

Problems with Money 2006 standard edition
I am unable to switch the budget from Essential to Advanced, I tried the susgestion in the problem solver as found under KB899628 as per below but this did not help. Can anyone help? When you click Use Advanced Budget in Budget Settings in Microsoft Money 2005 or in Microsoft Money 2006, you are taken back to the Essential Budget page instead of to the Advanced Budget page ...

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...