MS Money Does not Recognize Account

I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or update at
all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts at the same time
and one updated automatically and the other does not.

I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were recognized
automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get automatic update to work no
matter what.

I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account automatically
and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other accounts work, why not
this one.

Please advise.

HERE ARE MY STEPS - and Still Will not recognize this account. But it
recognizes ones I create after this account and the account I created at the
same time. Please help.

Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business

To Add a New Account I follow these steps:
1. Click Add a New Account under Common Tasks on the Account List page
2. Next it asks for "Choose An Account Type", I chose "Banking" (first
option on list), Click Next
3. Now it asks for me to "Select a bank or brokerage", I select the Letter I
to jump me to all institutions that start with a letter "I".
4. Then I scroll to down to find ING DIRECT Bank. Select it. Click Next.
5. It says "Money is already tracking accounts at ING DIRECT Bank "
    Does the account you're adding use the same sign-in information as the
accounts that you currently track in Money?
    Yes, the new account uses the same sign-in information
     No, the new account uses different sign-in information
6.  I select the "Yes, the new account uses the same sign-in information"
7. Now is says:
    To add the new account to your account list, you must update your ING
DIRECT Bank accounts online in Money.
    To add the account, update your accounts now.
    After you update your accounts, click Done to see your new accounts in
the account list.
8. I click "update your accounts now"
9. Update Online Information Displays
10. I click update.
11. Update is in progress but the account never shows up. MS Money will not
recognize the Roth ING IRA account. No matter what. WHY??????
0
Connie (70)
1/28/2009 9:23:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Connie | 2009-01-28 | 3:23:01 PM wrote:

>I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or
>update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts
>at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does
>not.
>
>I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were
>recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get
>automatic update to work no matter what.
>
>I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account
>automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other
>accounts work, why not this one.

Call the ING tech support line. They're probably familiar with this
issue. I don't use ING, but I've had similar problems with other
Financial Institutions (FI). Sometimes the FI has to flip some switches
on their side to make that account accessible to Money. My current bank
has a switch on their web site that I have to flip myself--a link that
says, "Make this account available to Money or Quicken".

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
In microsoft.public.money, SteveBell wrote:

>Connie | 2009-01-28 | 3:23:01 PM wrote:
>
>>I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or
>>update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts
>>at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does
>>not.
>>
>>I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were
>>recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get
>>automatic update to work no matter what.
>>
>>I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account
>>automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other
>>accounts work, why not this one.
>
>Call the ING tech support line. They're probably familiar with this
>issue. I don't use ING, but I've had similar problems with other
>Financial Institutions (FI). Sometimes the FI has to flip some switches
>on their side to make that account accessible to Money. My current bank
>has a switch on their web site that I have to flip myself--a link that
>says, "Make this account available to Money or Quicken".

ING Direct does not provide OFX servers for the US. The data comes
in via a third party.
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=I&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#34

Contacting Microsoft Money support will help if anything does.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/29/2009 3:53:37 AM
Thank you for sending me this information. I have contacted support and will
wait to hear what they say. Thanks for your time!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, SteveBell wrote:
>
> >Connie | 2009-01-28 | 3:23:01 PM wrote:
> >
> >>I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or
> >>update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts
> >>at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does
> >>not.
> >>
> >>I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were
> >>recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get
> >>automatic update to work no matter what.
> >>
> >>I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account
> >>automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other
> >>accounts work, why not this one.
> >
> >Call the ING tech support line. They're probably familiar with this
> >issue. I don't use ING, but I've had similar problems with other
> >Financial Institutions (FI). Sometimes the FI has to flip some switches
> >on their side to make that account accessible to Money. My current bank
> >has a switch on their web site that I have to flip myself--a link that
> >says, "Make this account available to Money or Quicken".
>

> ING Direct does not provide OFX servers for the US. The data comes
> in via a third party.
> http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=I&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#34
>
> Contacting Microsoft Money support will help if anything does.

0
Connie (70)
1/29/2009 5:13:01 AM
I have spoken with ING for over two months about this issue and they keep
saying it is amicrosoft problem. ING doesn't have a switch like that but I
just checked again to make sure they don't. You never know when they might
upgrade and have that kind of feature. Thank you for replying I really
appreciate it.

"SteveBell" wrote:

> Connie | 2009-01-28 | 3:23:01 PM wrote:
>
> >I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or
> >update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts
> >at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does
> >not.
> >
> >I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were
> >recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get
> >automatic update to work no matter what.
> >
> >I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account
> >automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other
> >accounts work, why not this one.
>
> Call the ING tech support line. They're probably familiar with this
> issue. I don't use ING, but I've had similar problems with other
> Financial Institutions (FI). Sometimes the FI has to flip some switches
> on their side to make that account accessible to Money. My current bank
> has a switch on their web site that I have to flip myself--a link that
> says, "Make this account available to Money or Quicken".
>
> --
> Steve Bell
> New Life Home Improvement
> Arlington, TX USA

0
Connie (70)
1/29/2009 5:13:05 AM
An IRA is an Investment account.

So, instead of choosing Banking when setting up the account, choose
Investment and then choose ING

-Mark

"Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have spoken with ING for over two months about this issue and they keep
> saying it is amicrosoft problem. ING doesn't have a switch like that but I
> just checked again to make sure they don't. You never know when they might
> upgrade and have that kind of feature. Thank you for replying I really
> appreciate it.
>
> "SteveBell" wrote:
>
>> Connie | 2009-01-28 | 3:23:01 PM wrote:
>>
>> >I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or
>> >update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts
>> >at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does
>> >not.
>> >
>> >I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were
>> >recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get
>> >automatic update to work no matter what.
>> >
>> >I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account
>> >automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other
>> >accounts work, why not this one.
>>
>> Call the ING tech support line. They're probably familiar with this
>> issue. I don't use ING, but I've had similar problems with other
>> Financial Institutions (FI). Sometimes the FI has to flip some switches
>> on their side to make that account accessible to Money. My current bank
>> has a switch on their web site that I have to flip myself--a link that
>> says, "Make this account available to Money or Quicken".
>>
>> --
>> Steve Bell
>> New Life Home Improvement
>> Arlington, TX USA

0
abcd7779 (838)

lost date pull down money 2001
how do i get the date pull down to work again in money 2001 register ...

Account Swaps by Outlook
I am having a problem with Outlook 2002 using the wrong email account when ever I reply to a message. I have two email accounts, a default (randy.klepetko@sbcglobal.net), and a second for junk email (Junk-K@sbcglobal.net). When I start a new message Outlook correctly assigns the default account as the sender, but whenever I reply to a message Outlook switches the account to the junk email account, even if the original message was sent to the default account. This has caused some problems with the recipients receiving the mail because they do not recognize the junk account as a val...

catchall account
How can do to create a catchall user. I tried tu use the following script, but I'm currently using Windows 2003 server, and the script doesn't work http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;32402 Take a look at MailBasket Lite from www.turbogeeks.com it should help. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "JKE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150504F1-8A8D-407A-AF4F-8488DB8EE4B2@microsoft.com... > How can do to create a catchall user. I tried tu use the following script, >...

How do I record a transaction to Accounts receivable?
I bought an item for "John" that cost $300. He will pay me back later. I paid for the item from my bank account and record it in Money as an expense. I'd also like to show the transaction as an accounts receivable from "John" or a loan to "John". How can I accomplish this? Craig, Create a new asset account called "Accounts Receivable" and record it in your bank account as a transfer to that account. This will result in the creation of a debt of $300. when the cash is paid back do a similar transfer. "Craig" wrote...

Help!! Restoring backup money file in new money version
Hi everyone, Really hoping you can help me out. I used to run Money 2005 (I think) but since upgraded the computer (with new Vista). Prior to upgrading I backed up my money files onto a seperate hard disk. Post upgrading the computer I found that I no longer had the old money 2005 disk. So, the question is ... If I buy the new version of Money - will it restore the backup from the old version and if not, what can I do?? Tax time was end of July in Australia so I am seriously late! Any help would be really appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Ann wrote: >Hi everyone, > >...

Money 2005- can not access ist file
Set up new file on Money 2005 Premier and now can not enter original file. When I try to enter original file get error message that email address and or password are not correct. They are correct. I used the same e mail and password for both files. Any suggestions. Did you just reinstall M05? If so, see the thread from yesterday "Restore Backup". "Darci" <Darci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FD81AFB-E0BE-4FCD-9716-1E2B2309C201@microsoft.com... > Set up new file on Money 2005 Premier and now can not enter original file. > When I try t...

Money 2003/2004 Runs Slow
Has anybody experienced very slow response using Money. I'm finding it dead slow. My money file is 11meg. I'm running on a pentium 3 600mghz laptop. It's gotten so bad I'm thinking of going back to Quicken. I've archived everything before 2002 and I've run file repairs thinking maybe the indexing was off. Anybody else having speed issues. Thanks Phil Yes. You would have found this with either a search of more headers or a review of the group archives at http://groups.google.com. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q4. "Phil" <anonymous@discussio...

Microsoft Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE SAME SOFTWARE? Very, very disapointed. What information did you rely on to set your value expectation level that M04 was way different, indeed AUD$80 better, than M02? That might help explain it better than we can. "Paul Ward" <pbward@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b401c35bb8$b9fea7d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can > somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE > SAME SOFTWARE? > > Very, very disa...

What's the oldest version of Money that still works well under XP SP2?
... I don't care about connecting to the internet with the app. I manually do all my date entry and want a bloat-free version of Money if possible. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com On 16 Feb 2007 12:12:43 GMT, Squirrely D <Squirrely D@nowhere.com> wrote: >.. I don't care about connecting to the internet with the app. I manually do all my date entry and want a bloat-free version of Money if possible. I'm using Money 99 on XP2 with no apparent problems. Remove del for email Squirrely D <Squirrely D@nowhere.com> wrote: >.. I ...

Management Reporter
Was wondering if anyone ran into this issue. I was creating some row formats & I was using account categories. I ran into several incidents where MR returned an error message that the categories was not valid. The category was shown on the drill into list. The category was listed in GP2010 for the account. No idea why it was being rejected. Let me know if there is any thoughts on this Thanks ...

M2004 - cashflow / budget issue
Hi There I've recently upgraded to Money 2004. Apart from the fact it has been a torturous 3 day process I think I've now got things working but I do have a question: In the cashflow section I can watch the money going into and out of my accounts based on what I've budgeted. Problem is M2004 seems to think that *all* the Money comes and goes out of one account (my checking account) when the reality is that some expenses I've budgeted come out of other accounts. The only time this doesn't happen is when I make something a Bill - then I can pick the account it come...

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe v17.0 and missing 401(k) fund from man
We had recently upgraded from Microsoft Money 2006 to Money Plus Deluxe v17.0. All accounts/transactions seemed to have converted just fine. However, one 401(k) fund does not appear under Money Plus' 401(k) manager. The fund that does not appear under the manager is the only account that has online services previously enabled. Is there a way of adding this fund into the manager? In microsoft.public.money, jimjobmon wrote: >We had recently upgraded from Microsoft Money 2006 to Money Plus Deluxe >v17.0. All accounts/transactions seemed to have converted just fine. However, &g...

MS Money Deluxe 07, Web Trial Edition
All, Having problems sharing a file with another user on the same computer. The second user cannot open the file. An error message reports that the file is in use or the drive is protected. I moved the file to the shared documents folder and ensured that all permissions are set to allow access. I've set the properties within Money to share the file with another user having a passport account. Still no luck. Is this something inherent to only the web trial version? Thanks, Mike Money is not a multi-user program. You definitely cannot have two users accessing simultaneously and even...

balance discrepancy Money 2003deluxe
Cannot reconcile! 28 Deposits $30,363 35 Payments $23,839 Discrepancy starting balance $1,893 Cleared $7,520 Statement $5,525 Difference $1,994 Auto reconcile cannot find. Current Money balance and bank balance differ by $21!! Those are big numbers! REW Well, just like in your checkbook: something (or several somethings) in the register is wrong. Besides having us listen to your whining, was there something you wanted us to do about it? You never did ask any questions here. "R Wurtz" <rwurtz114660mi@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047501c38389$b7dc6b60$a30128...

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

MS CRM Licensing along with Server 2003
Do I need to buy Server 2003 CALs for each Licensed CRM user? If you mean to ask that do you need some kind of license for Windows Server 2003 for each CRM user than no, there is no such thing. You just need to buy one Microsoft Windows Server 2003 license and install CRM on it with as many CRM User licenses you want. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "BLSnow" wrote: > Do I need to buy Server 2003 CALs for each Licensed CRM user? If you mean to ask if you n...

money 2001 #21
i lost my drop down date(calender) in the register and now half to change date manually any help? how to get it back ...

new MS CRM VPC 4.0 Excel export issue?
Hi, anyone who encounters the same problem with Excel on the newest MS CRM 4.0 VPC? When I try to export my data to a dynamic pivot table (or sheet), the system throws an error very often: Windows cannot find c:\document and settings\Administrator\local settings\temporary internet files\content.IE5\JHHXOIW3\Active%........xls. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. To search fo a file click the start button, and then click search. Anyone who knows where this originates from and how it can be fixed? Thanks! Hi Vivi, I worked with this VPC and I haven't encou...

Can Money track Futures?
I have a Forex account setup as an investment account. Since Money (Deluxe v17) can't handle Forex, I just enter in a cash amount each week as an Invesetment loss/gain for Forex. The bad part is that I can't run reports against this account and so don't know the return on it. Instead of entering in a cash amount each week, should I just choose a random currency and enter it that way instead. This lets the investment side of the account have entries and show returns in a report. At least it seems it would. Will Futures have the same problems as Forex in Money? ...

Money 2006 Portfolio Manager Problem
Hello Cal Learner-- MVP, I am still having the same problem - read below. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Sam. For not showing up transactions there is nothing to clik - they just not showing up in PM only in Transactions and second, I have selected to show Watch accounts also. The onlyhow I can fors to show them up is to delet and add it again. Any Ideas? Please, help. Tnak you. "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, Sandac wrote: > > >No, nothing change > > This seems inconsistent with what you write next. > > > - I stil...

Query for AD to get E-mails With User Accounts & Creating New user Accounts !!
Hello everybody , i'm a newbie in Exchange Server who has it as heritage from a previous Admin. so what i need is (Maybe Simple): 1- a query (to get the output to a *.txt file) for AD to get all e-mails accounts associated with each user account .. so i can know in which OU it lives & how many E-mails it has. i've this but i don't know what parameter or where should i add to get the above details .. i just get e-mails: dsquery user "OU=Clients, DC=mydomain,DC=Com" | dsget user -email > C:\emails3.txt 2- Another query (or maybe command like dsadd) but i need to...

AccountID on Account form?
Hi i wonder if there is a way to show the accountid field on the account form. need some unique id - cause there can be accounts with the same name. thanks As far as I know, it is usually not possible to add the accountid to the window. Instead, you could add an accountnumber. Hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen "Max" wrote: > Hi > > i wonder if there is a way to show the accountid field on the account > form. need some unique id - cause there can be accounts with the same > name. > > thanks > > ...

Check number area on Money 2002
Is there anyway to add the word TRANSFER to the check number area when doing a function. Current choices are <blank>, print etc. I want to add TRANsfer. Can u help You could try typing it in, but you can't add it to the dropdown box. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsoli...

Are mathmatical symbols available in MS Word? Specifically Trig
Looking for trig symbols in MS Word. Are there downloads available? Which trig symbols? Which version of Word? Word2007 comes with Cambria Math, which includes many of the characters in the various Unicode ranges of mathematical symbols. Earlier versions probably include fonts that also have many mathematical symbols. Go to Insert Symbol and choose likely-looking names of Unicode ranges from the dropdown at the upper right. On Jan 6, 10:25=A0am, Colt45Team <Colt45T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Looking for trig symbols in MS Word. Are there downloads availabl...

How do I get a pie chart to recognize a negative number?
I need to make a pie chart that has one part of the pie as a negative percentage. Does anyone know how to get my chart to recognize this negative number? Seriously? Pie charts can't handle negative numbers. How do you display it so it subtracts from the whole pie? How does the reader remember that the blue wedge is deducted? It just won't work. This is only reason #14 that pie charts are really not a very good design for a useful chart. You could try a clustered column chart or maybe a stacked column, depending on what the data is and what exactly you're trying to show. -...