MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating

Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts
to update?

For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account
transactions.  When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have
X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in
my register.  No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to
show up.

Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or
so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or
within Money 2005 or 2006.We are working with to improve the performance.
Please try again if it failed for you previously."  If it were as easy as
that, there'd be no need for the message, since most people automatically try
again when something doesn't work.

Can someone at Microsoft PLEASE communicate to your stakeholders what the
problem is and when we can expect it to be fixed.  I like to look at my
accounts almost everyday (that's why I purchased financial software in the
first place) and it's annoying to feel like Microsoft is ignoring serious
outages in Money.  I haven't even been able to run my June reports, yet!
0
qty (1)
7/11/2006 4:39:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I got in touch with a person a Microsoft Support and this is an ongoing
problem that they are aware of...but are not in any rush to resolve.  If you
go into the MSN Network status summary in Money you can see which accounts
are not updating.  Speciffically for me it is all of the accounts that use
"Cashedge" as the interface data provider.  I contacted them and they said to
contact Microsoft.
I currently am shorting both of their stocks... seems like a wise choice
when they don't care about the customers!

"qty" wrote:

> Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts
> to update?
>
> For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account
> transactions.  When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have
> X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in
> my register.  No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to
> show up.
>
> Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or
> so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or
> within Money 2005 or 2006.We are working with to improve the performance.
> Please try again if it failed for you previously."  If it were as easy as
> that, there'd be no need for the message, since most people automatically try
> again when something doesn't work.
>
> Can someone at Microsoft PLEASE communicate to your stakeholders what the
> problem is and when we can expect it to be fixed.  I like to look at my
> accounts almost everyday (that's why I purchased financial software in the
> first place) and it's annoying to feel like Microsoft is ignoring serious
> outages in Money.  I haven't even been able to run my June reports, yet!
0
SEABEE1 (17)
7/11/2006 5:00:02 AM
A lot of users here feel your frustration -- I for one know exactly what you're
talking about.  While it may help to vent your frustrations here, you may as
well get used to the fact that: Microsoft doesn't care about this issue...

qty <qty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts
>to update?
>
>For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account
>transactions.  When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have
>X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in
>my register.  No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to
>show up.
>
>Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or
>so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or
>within Money 2005 or 2006.We are working with to improve the performance.
>Please try again if it failed for you previously."  If it were as easy as
>that, there'd be no need for the message, since most people automatically try
>again when something doesn't work.
>
>Can someone at Microsoft PLEASE communicate to your stakeholders what the
>problem is and when we can expect it to be fixed.  I like to look at my
>accounts almost everyday (that's why I purchased financial software in the
>first place) and it's annoying to feel like Microsoft is ignoring serious
>outages in Money.  I haven't even been able to run my June reports, yet!

0
gter (4)
7/11/2006 4:03:18 PM
I'm having the same problem. It's the end of July and it appears that this
still hasn't been resolved. Wow. What a way to get people to upgrade.

"Gunther" wrote:

> A lot of users here feel your frustration -- I for one know exactly what you're
> talking about.  While it may help to vent your frustrations here, you may as
> well get used to the fact that: Microsoft doesn't care about this issue...
>
> qty <qty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts
> >to update?
> >
> >For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account
> >transactions.  When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have
> >X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in
> >my register.  No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to
> >show up.
> >
> >Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or
> >so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or
> >within Money 2005 or 2006.We are working with to improve the performance.
> >Please try again if it failed for you previously."  If it were as easy as
> >that, there'd be no need for the message, since most people automatically try
> >again when something doesn't work.
> >
> >Can someone at Microsoft PLEASE communicate to your stakeholders what the
> >problem is and when we can expect it to be fixed.  I like to look at my
> >accounts almost everyday (that's why I purchased financial software in the
> >first place) and it's annoying to feel like Microsoft is ignoring serious
> >outages in Money.  I haven't even been able to run my June reports, yet!

0
MBO1 (14)
7/31/2006 6:59:02 PM
I'm having the same problem with my American Express account.  None of
the transactions download.  I've contact AmEx, and they've assured me
that everything on there end is fine, and that MS needs to be contacted
about this...

Julian

MBO wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. It's the end of July and it appears that this
> still hasn't been resolved. Wow. What a way to get people to upgrade.
>

> "Gunther" wrote:
>
>> A lot of users here feel your frustration -- I for one know exactly what you're
>> talking about.  While it may help to vent your frustrations here, you may as
>> well get used to the fact that: Microsoft doesn't care about this issue...
>>
>> qty <qty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>> Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts
>>> to update?
>>>
>>> For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account
>>> transactions.  When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have
>>> X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in
>>> my register.  No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to
>>> show up.
>>>
>>> Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or
>>> so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or
>>> within Money 2005 or 2006.We are working with to improve the performance.
>>> Please try again if it failed for you previously."  If it were as easy as
>>> that, there'd be no need for the message, since most people automatically try
>>> again when something doesn't work.
>>>
>>> Can someone at Microsoft PLEASE communicate to your stakeholders what the
>>> problem is and when we can expect it to be fixed.  I like to look at my
>>> accounts almost everyday (that's why I purchased financial software in the
>>> first place) and it's annoying to feel like Microsoft is ignoring serious
>>> outages in Money.  I haven't even been able to run my June reports, yet!

Have you looked at the following KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829143/en-us
especially Method 3

-Mark

"Julian" <julian@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem with my American Express account.  None of
> the transactions download.  I've contact AmEx, and they've assured me
> that everything on there end is fine, and that MS needs to be contacted
> about this...
>
> Julian
>

> MBO wrote:
> > I'm having the same problem. It's the end of July and it appears that
this
> > still hasn't been resolved. Wow. What a way to get people to upgrade.
> >

> > "Gunther" wrote:
> >
> >> A lot of users here feel your frustration -- I for one know exactly
what you're
> >> talking about.  While it may help to vent your frustrations here, you
may as
> >> well get used to the fact that: Microsoft doesn't care about this
issue...

I have

Money or

0
abcd7779 (838)
8/1/2006 3:21:01 PM
Thanks for the link, however none of the items in the "symptoms" section
of the article apply to me.  I'm running Money 2004, and when I tell it
to download all transactions from my financial institutions, everything
shows as having completed successfully.  The only problem is my American
Express account which downloads nothing (and doesn't show as any new
transactions having being downloaded), although Money shows as having
successfully connected to AmEx.

Julian

Mark wrote:
> Have you looked at the following KB:
> especially Method 3
>
> -Mark
>
> "Julian" <julian@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> I'm having the same problem with my American Express account.  None of
>> the transactions download.  I've contact AmEx, and they've assured me
>> that everything on there end is fine, and that MS needs to be contacted
>> about this...
>>
>> Julian
An update: I just went though the Online Services setup process for my
AmEx account again, and that seems to somehow have magically fixed it,
although I didn't change any settings or entries...

Julian

Julian wrote:
> Thanks for the link, however none of the items in the "symptoms" section
> of the article apply to me.  I'm running Money 2004, and when I tell it
> to download all transactions from my financial institutions, everything
> shows as having completed successfully.  The only problem is my American
> Express account which downloads nothing (and doesn't show as any new
> transactions having being downloaded), although Money shows as having
> successfully connected to AmEx.
>
> Julian
>

> Mark wrote:
>> Have you looked at the following KB:
>> especially Method 3
>>
>> -Mark
>>
>> "Julian" <julian@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm having the same problem with my American Express account.  None of
>>> the transactions download.  I've contact AmEx, and they've assured me
>>> that everything on there end is fine, and that MS needs to be contacted
>>> about this...
>>>
>>> Julian
Congratulations :)  FYI -- be prepared to go through it all again, sometimes
it'll sync fine, sometimes it won't...

Julian <julian@somewhere.com> wrote:
>An update: I just went though the Online Services setup process for my
>AmEx account again, and that seems to somehow have magically fixed it,
>although I didn't change any settings or entries...
>
>Julian
>

>Julian wrote:
>> Thanks for the link, however none of the items in the "symptoms" section
>> of the article apply to me.  I'm running Money 2004, and when I tell it
>> to download all transactions from my financial institutions, everything
>> shows as having completed successfully.  The only problem is my American
>> Express account which downloads nothing (and doesn't show as any new
>> transactions having being downloaded), although Money shows as having
>> successfully connected to AmEx.
>>
>> Julian
>>

>> Mark wrote:
>>> Have you looked at the following KB:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829143/en-us
>>> especially Method 3
>>>
>>> -Mark
>>>
>>> "Julian" <julian@somewhere.com> wrote in message

0
benjimen (59)

Bank of America Bill Pay
I recently setup MS Money 2006 with my accounts at Bank of America (All except CA, WA, & ID). I am able to use direct download from within Money and it downloaded all my Payees from BofA. However, I have a stupid problem now... In Money, I have all my Bills set up with their due dates, etc. When I need to make a payment, I login to BofA on the BofA website, and schedule a bill payment via Bill Pay. Then in Money, I go to the Bills Summary page and enter the payment. When I update my BofA account after that, it automatically downloads the Bill Pay payment that I scheduled on the Bo...

Service admin account
I presently do not have a "service admin account" that is recognized at my organizational level in Exchange 5.5. How do I add a service account admin account? When I try adding with various accounts I get the "you don't have permissions" error. Are you saying that your Exchange server's service account has been deleted/changed, or that you're trying to create another account with the same privileges? B. Clift wrote: > I presently do not have a "service admin account" that is > recognized at my organizational level in Exchange 5.5. > Ho...

Exchange Rate on Bank Transfer
Is there a way to modify the exchange rate on a bank transfer in the bank transfer screen? It seems I have to enter the Exchange Rate tables and modify the system wide exchange rate. What if the exchange rate for one transaction is different from that of another (since I have multiple bank accounts)? Adam, You can always change the exchange rate on the foreign currency checkbook whether you are transferring from or to it. If the exchange rate does not exist for the date of the transaction, the system will prompt you for a valid exchange rate depending on whether your exchange rates ar...

Switiching to Money from Quicken
Morning all, I've had it with Quicken (Canada). I've read many posts from this newsgroup and I'm encouraged that there is a cheaper alternative to the $99 upgrade just to download mutual fund quotes for one year. So basically I would like a few questions answered that were not answered on the Money website. 1. Maybe a bit to general, but are these two programs really that different in functioning. It seems that Money took the Quicken framework and built on it. 2. I want to download mutual fund/stock/currency quotes for as long as I run this software (well at least more than...

Money 2002 problems
Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program crashed. Since that time, I can not open the program. I have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens. My operating system is Windows 98. I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my current data. If that is the case, I do have a relatively current backup. Thanks for you help. Dennis H What error do you see? Reinstalling shouldn't affect your data, but I would take a backup copy of your MNY file for safety anyway. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

Missing something basic
Working with Access 2003. I have a table of users, their phone numbers, and job classes called tblUsers. A query extracts that information into qryUsers. I have a form that uses the query as the record source called frmUsers. The form only contains a single combobox so someone can select the user for which they wish to view data in other forms. It works fine for the first user on the list in the combobox. Selecting any other user in the combobox causes the first record in the table to change to that user's name. For example: The table and the query both contain: Timmy Bobby ...

Money 2002 Died #2
Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the situation. Thanks! We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same problem again. Has anyone contacted Microsoft?! >-----Original Message----- >Experiencing the same situation. Please inform us of the >situation. Thanks! >. > Same thing here. This is scary! >-----Original Message----- >We have the same problem here. Money won't start up. We >reinstalled and it ran initially, but now it has the same >problem again. Has a...

miss aligned cards
Hi, I've made business cards with publisher on my old computer. (think is is office 11) Now I have a new computer with office 2007. I've moved all my publsiher files to the new computer. Now all my business cards print out off center. I'm using the same printer with the software/drivers for vista. How do i fix this? How come the two publisher version don't work the same when printing. My only advice would be to setup your business card document afresh. Use one of the Avery templates, they seem to work better. Copy/paste from the older document. Be very sure your printer d...

Am I able to manage multiple email accounts
I have several email accounts including Gmail, HOtmail and corporate. I can't make Entourage mail (2004) list individual accounts or find how to manage profiles. Apple mail works but doesn't allow me to insert a tiff company logo without making it an attachment. Outlook allows for all of the above.<br> Appreciate help > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285235088_9822952 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 1...

MS Money 2002 (UK)
I would like to report on my investment portfolio by sector and geographical asset classes. If I hold investments in a UK smaller companies fund, a Global resource fund and US gilt bonds, I want to report on these assets based on their geographical locus (eg UK vs US vs global) or the sector into which they are invested. Is this possible in MS Money 2002? Asset class seems to be limited to a few pre-selected options and is only available for shares not managed funds and other investment types. The report by investment type is not good enough - needs further analysis for even small...

Bulk Updates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D5_01C38666.B1E5CF00 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00D6_01C38666.B1E5CF00" ------=_NextPart_001_00D6_01C38666.B1E5CF00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Guys, How could I update a lot of records at once? (something faster than = updating a single object crmobject.Update(xml)) I know I can go into the DB and find that field but is there a = cleaner way? Cheers, Angus=20 =20 =20 =20...

Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro
I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem. One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls). Query : Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its ...

updating #2
My microsoft money mutual fund page does not update anymore. Is there any reason? I did not change anything Thanks Dada ...

Unable to update retirement account
Anyone have a solution to this problem? Whenever I try to update my retirement account I received the error message immediately: "this operation cannot be performed" Chris In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote: >Anyone have a solution to this problem? Whenever I try to update my >retirement account I received the error message immediately: > >"this operation cannot be performed" See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466/en-us Unfortunately, I've run the File Repair utility numerous times and it comes back clean - so this doesn't fix this er...

Configure single Outlook 2003 Account to try multiple outgoing servers?
Is there a way to configure a single Outlook 2003 account to try different SMTP servers for Outgoing mail? I log in from two different locations, and both are behind firewalls. And from each location I can't get to the other SMTP server to send my mail. To get around this, I've created two Outlook accounts to use. One for each location. But this is not a good solution, because I have to remember to use the correct account, and it's easy to make a mistake. ....When I do, the outgoing mail very quietly sits in my Outbox, and doesn't get sent. People get very upset at me for ...

MS Money 2007 and rental property
I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income from a couple of units I own. The problem I'm having is that no where in the literature does it talk about traking rental income and expenses to Schedule E, only Schedule C. Seems like a dumb thing, but will the software allow me to track Schedule E tax items? Obviously Quickbooks and even Quicken do, but I have reasons why I hate Intuit even more than Microsoft. In microsoft.public.money, Randolph wrote: >I am considering MS Money Home and Business edition to track rental income >from a couple of u...

Importing and updating Products in MS CRM...
We are speaking to one of our clients on MS CRM implementation. However we are stumped on one issue. They have more than two thousand products and the price of these products changes as frequently as once in a month. Using DMF, we can import the products one off but how about updating the prices at least once in a month. Is there any user friendly utility available for MS CRM that can be used by our client to import Products information on regular basis? May be that someone will suggest SCRIBE but it is too pricey. Any help is appreciated. Hi, Onkar. We had the same situation, and even ...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

can't apply Office 2008 1224 update
List members: I regrettably was talked into reinstalling Office 2008 for the Mac on my Intel Mac running OS 10.6.2. Everything is fine except that I can't get Office 2008-1224 Update to apply. My HD appears with a yellow triangle over it, saying the update is inapplicable. I've tried trashing the product ID as Microsoft's web page suggests; no luck. No trial copies of Office anywhere on my HD. Would appreciate any advice; thanks in advance. - Mark Pavlick This is identical to the problem I reported on 25 March (Installing Office 2008). In my case the prob...

Multiple email accounts #11
I use Outlook 2003 with multiple accounts (4 POP accounts and one Exchange account) and I have the following problems: Most of the time I am not connected to the corporate network, so most of the time I have no connection to the Exchange server. Because of this Outlook shows the dissconected icon on the bottom right status bar. Once Outlook says that it is dissconected from the Exchange server it doesn't do the automatic syncs with the POP accounts through the internet (which is indeed available). Is there a way to make Outlook autosync with the POP accounts if it is not conne...

Background banking -when does it actually update?
I have been running Money Plus for several months now and activated background banking when I setup online services. Paying bills, getting updates on electronic transactions, even transferring money works great. But I have yet to have my accounts automatically updated. I have it set for 24 hour updates. On the flip side, when I push the online update button on the home page, sometimes it updates, and sometimes it does not. I have called online support and they state that my install is working perfectly and it is the bank problem. The bank did a troubleshooting session and said my ...

Can't open Money file directly.
I have Money 2005 I have many accounts at different banks. I can always open Money by using my password. I just added a new account & it tried to hook it up with Net.Passport. Now everytime i try to open my file it wants my Net.Passport. I deleted the new account,but it still opens with Net.Passport. I went into tools & selected to remove my accounts from Passport's server. Still can't open Money file directly. How can i get it back to just open my account from my PC ? In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >I have Money 2005 >I have many accounts at different bank...

Filter to specify which account is used according to email address?
I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails. So my question is: Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria be send using a certain account. Say an email to Bob@amarc.mil will be sent using my gmail account whereas a email to Jane@moog.gov will be sent using a yahoo account? Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko And my question is, what version of Outlook are you using? The answer = is t...

Can't upload business card in Outlook 2000 as I can for Outlook
Express allows you to upload a business card that is like a header at the top right of every e mail. Outlook seems to only allow a V card which is not visable when sending e mails. Express allows the card to show without blocking the entire page . Express has tools, options, compose, and under Stationary you can upload a new jpeg along with the signature at the bottom. Outlook has almost the same feature, but when trying to upload the stationary, the card duplicates itself and covers the entier page like wallpaper which does no good. HELP Doug In news:9364D241-098E-48F4-9B5A-DB4411A4...