MS Money and Quicken

As I try to be an realist, I bought today Quicken to be able to work
in future with a money management, as I did for nearly 15 years very
satisfied with money.
I am new to quicken and very experienced with money and I think, money
was the simplier to use money software.
The price updating worked mostly fine and free of charge. In Quicken
here in Europe, you have to pay for the update service, if you like to
uodate international stocks, 2 =80 a month. And the updating lasts much
longer.
I hope I will get used to Quicken, but I would prefer Money, if they
decide to make the updating process available in the future. I think,
this service should be done out of markeitng reasons and
responsibility for their customers.
I am really frustrated, that only business matters in the MS worls.
Resposibility, reliability and connection to their customers should
stand in front of their decision and I am missing that.
Peter from Austria, Salzburg
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I don't know about what happens in Austria, but here in the US any company
that puts their priorities in the order you suggest isn't here for long.

"Peter" <peter.eigler@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I am really frustrated, that only business matters in the MS worls.
> Resposibility, reliability and connection to their customers should
> stand in front of their decision

Dick,

Can't fully agree with that.  :)

You are 99% right - few companies rate customer satisfaction over profit
(many claim to but their claims are baloney).  But a few companies actually
do it, for example Shopsmith (woodworking tools) and Dillon Precision (ammo
reloading tools), and prosper.  And there are others.

I bet customer satisfaction is far more important than maximum profit in
many fields and that if more companies practiced it, they would prosper too.
I detest being screwed over by any vendor and never repeat business with
such companies.  I am very loyal to vendors who treat me right.  MSFT is now
on my sh*t list due to the Money debacle and I will never buy anything from
them again.

Regards

Bill Wood

message news:OIX5PBdEKHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I don't know about what happens in Austria, but here in the US any company
>that puts their priorities in the order you suggest isn't here for long.
>
> "Peter" <peter.eigler@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I am really frustrated, that only business matters in the MS worls.
>> Resposibility, reliability and connection to their customers should
>> stand in front of their decision

0
w.wood (230)
7/31/2009 1:26:32 PM
Bill, I TOTALLY agree with ALL of your sentiments.  I have been screwed by MS
sufficiently over the years (Picture It Publishing, Front Page, etc.) such
that I will NEVER buy any of their products unless it's absolutely necessary
or, at least, HIGHLY DESIRABLE - probably W7 will fall into this category.
This feeling is not an anomaly on my part and their callous behavior will
turn many others against MS; perhaps one of the intangibles that the bean
counters are too myopic to consider ;^(

Fred Freshwater

"William R Wood" wrote:

> Dick,
>
> Can't fully agree with that.  :)
>
> You are 99% right - few companies rate customer satisfaction over profit
> (many claim to but their claims are baloney).  But a few companies actually
> do it, for example Shopsmith (woodworking tools) and Dillon Precision (ammo
> reloading tools), and prosper.  And there are others.
>
> I bet customer satisfaction is far more important than maximum profit in
> many fields and that if more companies practiced it, they would prosper too.
> I detest being screwed over by any vendor and never repeat business with
> such companies.  I am very loyal to vendors who treat me right.  MSFT is now
> on my sh*t list due to the Money debacle and I will never buy anything from
> them again.
>
> Regards
>
> Bill Wood
>

> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:OIX5PBdEKHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >I don't know about what happens in Austria, but here in the US any company
> >that puts their priorities in the order you suggest isn't here for long.
> >
> > "Peter" <peter.eigler@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I am really frustrated, that only business matters in the MS worls.
> >> Resposibility, reliability and connection to their customers should
> >> stand in front of their decision

Wrong Balance on home page accounts Money 2004 #2
Balances on home page in Money 2004 shows in the billions, but actual amounts ore only hundreds or low thousands ? In microsoft.public.money, Opa wrote: >Balances on home page in Money 2004 shows in the >billions, but actual amounts ore only hundreds or low >thousands ? In Money do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair ...

MS Office Outlook Trial
My observations when I allowed MS Office Outlook trial: Originally my emails came to both my trial page and also to the original Windows mail. I liked that as I felt that if I decided to cancel the trial, I would still be getting my mails in the other mailbox. Some while into the trial, I'm not sure how long, the duplicates stopped coming, or were coming spasmodically. Again, I don't know when they stopped altogether, but they DID stop duplicating altogether. Now the trial has expired and all the mail I had go to the trial account cannot be copied, forwarded, or anything excep...

Money login
After a week and a half of going back and forth with msft over breaking money logins, I responded to their last email with this: Believe me I know Microsoft Money 2004 is a discontinued product, it told me every day. What you do not seem to understand is before Dec 17th, 2007 it worked just fine, that is when Microsoft made a change on their end for “2007 tax forms”. MICROSOFT effectively broke it on that day. Thus Microsoft took a working program and disabled it, without notice and/or compensation. Looking at the end user agreement (EULA), no where does it give Microsoft the right...

can't fix Money stopped working problem
I was able to access and use it completely a couple of days ago and I suddenly started getting messages that it wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD, but still can't get past the log in page. I tried logging in and skipping the internet access, but still no success. There are no recent changes to my computer that I see. found a "fix" on the support site for money plus when it suddenly stops working. I can't update the program now because I can't get in. When I tried to change the DEP settings to except the files listed in the ...

Password to restore Money?????
I have to send my notebook in for repairs. Since I don't know how long it will be gone I am trying to get the programs I use daily to work on my desktop. I installed an older copy of MSMoney (2003) on my desktop. I use 2007 on my laptop and my backup file is from Money2007. I can't install 2007 on my desktop due to some kind of licensing thing and will have to probably get a new license code to reinstall it on my laptop when I get it back (ya HP will be restoring my notebook back to 'original' configuration during repair) Anyway, when I select the restore feature and I p...

MS Access Query criteria Problem
I have upsized my Access 2007 database to SQL server 2005 database (Front end Access Database and Back end SQL server Database). Following MS Access query does not run after upsized the database. Therefore, please help me to solve the problem. SELECT * FROM DONATIONS WHERE (((DONATIONS.PAY_DATE)>=[forms]![report].[STR_DATE] And (DONATIONS.PAY_DATE)<=[forms]![report].[END_DATE])); If this is a query in Access, Pay_Date is a date field, and the form is open with actual dates entered, it should work. When you state "does not run", what do you mean? What happens...

Money 2005 always crashes (wininet.dll error)
PLEASE HELP I have just purchased the download version of Money 2005 standard. HOWEVER, I am unable to use it at all. First of all it is not compatible with money 2003 which I find very hard to believe (and I found no reference to this on the microsoft money website). But most importantly the program crashes all the time. If I try to sign in using my normal internet access, I am unable to verify my passport account becasue I am behind a proxy. This also has stoped me downloading the complete program from the net. So... IF I say "work offline", The program goes to t...

how does money handle travel details per trip?
Greetings, I would appreciate any pointers anyone can give. I'm trying to find a way to keep track of the expenses for each trip. The problem is that both classifications are already used for other purposes (branch and fund). Within each trip date I need: 1) trip date 2) dinning 3) lodging and 4) airfare? any ideas? Thanks, A possible solution: Create subcategories for Dining, Lodging and Airfare (such as Business Expenses: Dining). Customize your reports to include only the date range for the trip and to only show those subcategories. When you're reimbursed, credit the reimbur...

OT: Contact MS to License Intellectual Property
Hi All, I apologize for the Off Topic post. More appropriate groups lack the readers to receive a response; and lack the readers who may have experience with the request. Searching Microsoft's site (and Googling) returns Microsoft Volume Licensing, which is not what I need. I have a project which requires access to Intellectual Property for which Microsoft holds the patent. I want to open a dialogue with Microsoft, but I can't find any contact information (email or snail mail). Has anyone stumbled across contact information? Jeff Jeffrey Walton If I were faced with this situation,...

Import Contacts from a Public Folder to Ms Access Table
After few trial and errors and digging the net I've found a way to do that. Using Access (since version 2002) you can link tables directly to Exchange and Outlook containers. While linking to Exchange directly gives several troubles with accounts that use offline connections, linking to Outlook (that of course must be installed with a configured and working underlying profile - but does not need to be open) does not give any trouble. I hope someone could find this info useful. Diego Volponi ...

E-mail Macro: MS Outlook
How do I create a macro that will send an entire Excel file to one person as an attachment, then send only the active worksheet to 3 people in the body of an e-mail (mail recipient method), and then print only 5 of the 10 worksheets in the file? Any help with this will be greatly appreciated for if I spend any more time trying to figure this out on my own as as a macro novice, my head is going to explode. The easiest way to do this is to record the macro (Tools/macros/record new macro), but if this doesnot go far enough for what you need to do, here is some code that may help you. ...

Cannot restore database using Money 2000
Hi I am trying to convert/restore my database using Money 2000, which I think but I am unsure was created before Money 2000. I have ensured that the file is not read-only and the file is not being used by another application. I have also tried opening the My Money Backup file, but still get the same message below. I hope that you can help me fix this problem. The Microsoft Money message I am getting is as follows: "Money cannot locate c:\documents and settings\julia\my documents\my money backup\my money.mny or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file. You can c...

microsoft money #3
I have installed microsoft money and cannot print it without starting with the last page first. Even entering information and checking a report shows it with A on the bottom and Z items on the top. I have had an occasion when it reversed itself to the proper position but that quickly reverted to a back-assword report. What is happening? How do I make the reports so that they are entered from the top to the bottom. In microsoft.public.money, francisco garcia wrote: >I have installed microsoft money and cannot print it >without starting with the last page first. Even enterin...

MS POS Printer and usb issues
Hopefully I am in the correct place or can be redirected there. My customer just updated to the recent refresh version of MS POS. He initially had reciept font size issues (Epson printer, unknown model), being the font size was too large. Also, at approximately 5pm, everyday, the handheld scanner ( Voyager - Metro Logic MS9540) will beep and not function unless the program is turned off and restarted. Finally there are printing issues with the UPC labels, after the refresh, the print out does not show the description of the product. It only shows the UPC bar and price. Before the refre...

MS Publisher 98, part of MS small office 97
MS publisher 98 , part of MS Office 97, will not load in my new Compaq with XP. There was no problem when I loaded the package in the old HP back in 1998. There is an error mesaage telling me that this is an upgrade and the computer is searching for the original program. (1) This is not an upgrade. The Office 97 was purchsed at about the time I bought the old HP in 98. (2)The Publisher is on a separate disk but must be loaded after disk 1 is inserted. Then I am asked to load the Publisher disk. Is there any way I can install this. Thanks, ED K After managing to set up OE-Quote...

Item Import in MS POS
Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) thanks, Yes, there's an inventory import wizard that does this. It's in the manager application - the help guide will give you addl info on this. "Sachafav" wrote: > Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS) > > thanks, > ...

MS Action Pack
I'm installing CRM from an Microsoft Action Pack subscription CD and I get an error entering the Organization Name and License Key. It says I can't use commas in my Organization name. Since I'm Organization, LLC - I tried with and without the commas. Neither works. Anybody else run into same problem? Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net ...

Bill tab in money 2006 premium
Every time I hit the bill tab in money 2006 premium the program crashes... I tried setting the start page to the bills screen to see if that might help and now the system crashes when I start it up and thereby makes the program useless. Any suggestions> Thanks Carl In microsoft.public.money, Carl wrote: >Every time I hit the bill tab in money 2006 premium the program crashes... I >tried setting the start page to the bills screen to see if that might help >and now the system crashes when I start it up and thereby makes the program >useless. > >Any suggestions>...

Money 2004 #8
How is the percentage rate of return calculated on the performance reports? I cannot seem to recompute In microsoft.public.money, Ernie G. wrote: > >>-----Original Message----- >>In microsoft.public.money, Ernie G. wrote: >> >>>How is the percentage rate of return calculated on the >>>performance reports? I cannot seem to recompute >> >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- >us;131664 >> >>I believe Money to considers dividends to be money too. >> >>. > > I do not understand this response...

Integration between MS CRM and Navision
does MS CRM integrates with MS Navision? Sorry i meant MS Dynamic AX and MS CRM... "Derek" wrote: > does MS CRM integrates with MS Navision? There is nothing available today, but there are plans to ship an acceleterator for this. I believe something will be available later this year. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A35FDA-37FF-4EF0-B5D9-DD222EBDF8F8@microsoft.com... Sorry i meant MS Dynamic AX and MS CRM... "Derek" wrote: > does MS CRM integrates with MS Navision? Ma...

Good Money Making Program Review Sites.
Does anyone have any suggestions about good money making program review sites. I found one here http://forums.joeuser.com/index.aspx?aid=146715 that was quite good, but it was somewhat limited in the number of sites it reviewed. If anyone has some other suggestions re good money making program review sites I would appreciate hearing about them. Thanks. ...

Money 2003 #20
I keep getting an error message that says: "your last call encountered and error: (date/time) There is a problem with the data received from this online provider. If the problem persists, call the provider's customer service number for help." I have tried just about everything. My bank says there is no problem, and I don't know how to fix this. I can't download real time balances or statements. Please help. In microsoft.public.money, Jonathan wrote: >I keep getting an error message that says: >"your last call encountered and error: (date/time) >T...

NO MS products will open or download
After loading the most recent iTunes update, no Office 2004 products will work for me. I do not get any error messages. If I open a Word or Excel file the icon blinks in the dock and then disappears. I wanted to re-load office, but the same thing happens - the icon flashes in the dock and then disappears. Nothing opens (I've tried to force quit). I read about the new Office updates. I down loaded them, but when I tried to install, all I got was a flash of the icon and then nothing. Finally, the same thing happened when I tried to "remove Office" and start over - a flash ...

Money won't start #4
Hi, When I try to sign in to Money, I get an error saying "The sign-in attempt for (my passport address) was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again." The details are correct and my passport is working OK elsewhere and I've tried both backup files too, same error. My Money version is 12.0.0.613 and I'm using XP Pro SP2, fully patched. I recall this happening a while back and it was something to do with MS servers, but I can't recall what it was. Anyone got any ideas what's wrong? Many thanks for any help offered. Le D�rachd -- Andy In mic...

Money 2005
http://www.atomicpark.com/productDetail.aspx?prodId=19934&refId=6&sk=70916 Web site now says 8/15/04. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:10:13 -0400, Pug Ugly <me@home.com> wrote: >http://www.atomicpark.com/productDetail.aspx?prodId=19934&refId=6&sk=70916 ...