MS Money and Disk Cloning

I currently use MS Money 2004 on WinXP SP2 with all updates on an HP laptop.
For extra backup protection I do a monthly disk cloning of my entire drive C
using CasperXP (similiar to Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image) to make a
100% mirror image / cloned bootable hard drive.

I then swap these hard drives (newly cloned hard drive placed into laptop)
to ensure all is working well.  Every single program, component, update,
patch, etc..
works flawlessly using this monthly swapped hard drive.....EXCEPT MS Money
2004.

MS Money 2004 shows up on the cloned drive, it simply refuses to run.  The
only fix I have come up with is to completely remove (uninstall) MS Money
2004 from the destination drive prior to cloning.  Then it works fine after
cloning.

Is there something I could do just prior to or immediately following a disk
cloning procedure to get MS Money 2004 to function properly after cloning?  I
don't think uninstalling the Money program prior to cloning is a great
solution.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks    :)

0
Toby (34)
3/14/2007 11:41:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

Vista Home Premium / Dell Vostro ...how to clone
Installed Seagate DiscWizard, Power down, Connected 2nd / 500gb hd (ST3500418AS) (to match size of current boot hd) Power/boot up, ....progressed through DiscWizard "Clone" options, and final Warning includes:- "Vista Users should have their Vista installation discs ready following reboot, Follow the onscreen instructions if prompted by the operating system after the migration completes." Now, this Dell Vostro didn't come with any discs, (only the recovery partition), ....unfmailiar with MS's Vista licensing traps - ...any idea if not having ...

Money 99 on WinXP Pro SP2
I used to run Money 99 Standard on my PC running Win98. I'm now trying to install Money 99 on my new PC running WinXP Pro Service Pack 2. Here is the problem I'm facing: I am able to install Money 99 (from my OEM CD) on my PC running WinXP Pro and no errors show up during installation. But once installed, Money refuses to start. I have tried running the MSMONEY.EXE file in Win 95 as well as Win 98 compatibility mode but it hasn't worked. I also tried installing Money 99 in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility mode. It installs but it still doesn't run. Am I doing somethi...

Money 2003 only allows integer splits, what about 2004?
I recently ran into a problem in reclassifying Vanguard mutual fund Investor shares to Admiral class shares. There is no change in tax basis for this, thus I thought that using the stock split function would be perfect. Unfortunately in Money 2003 Deluxe it only allows integer splits (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 5, etc.) and the change in my mutual fund share status is not integral: for each Investor share one gets (say) 2.045767892 Admiral shares (which are priced 2.045767892 times higher, price obviously rounded to two places). Even using the total number of shares before and after, like 28...

not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture after 1st time

Money 2004 #68
Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the customize area of a report? No. "merriv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dda501c46a9b$8057cf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the > desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the > customize area of a report? In microsoft.public.money, merriv wrote: >Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the >desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the >customize are...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

Identify versions of money
I had Money 2004 installed on my computer, but the computer no longer works and I lost my cd, but have my file, My file is password protected and I can't open it with the actual version of money, it says "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. My paper box cd has the number - "105-00462 origin ireland". How can I tell if an old verison of money is compatible with this one ? Or the product that I am buying is compatible with this one ? Can i find an old trial of money 2004 compatible just to open the file and export it ? Wher...

Money 2001 #10
when using the portfolio I entered a new transaction under a new acount and an error message appeared "M Money has encountered a problem and needs to close". The computer then shuts down or locks up. This happens whenever I click on portfolio. This problem has occured twice over the past month. The first time I went back one month and reentered all my transactions before the error accured and was going along fine but then it happened again while entering a transaction under a new account. ...

Money 2006 problem
I just installed the money 2006 trial version but when I try to run Money it just opens briefly and then immediately closes. Money 2003 was doing the same thing but I thought maybe 2006 would fix the problem. Can anyone help me please? Instead of opening Money, navigate to the folder where you have your .mny file using My Computer or Windows Explorer and double click on the sample.mny file. That will tell us if your My Money.mny file is faulty or the M2006 installation. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sc...

Money 2004 #82
Another disgruntled Quicken user here (is there any other kind these days?) I was happy enough with Quicken 2001, but now they're turning it off and making me upgrade to 2005. (It's free, but not worth it. I'd rather buy 2001 over again than use this piece of shit.) So, I checked out Money 2005, and found that it's an even bigger piece of shit than Quicken 2005, which really takes some doing. I did a bit more hunting around and found a demo of Money 2004, and loaded that up. It didn't do a worse job of importing the Quicken data than 2005 (which is to say it ca...

Three words to describe Money 2005...
Wasted screen space. Holy cow! This a TERRIBLE use of screen real estate. In register view, nearly 25% of the scren is filled up with the toolbars and *WHITE* space with no meaningful information! Whoever designed this interface, pretty though it is, lost sight of what's important: information. I'm terribly disappointed. I've never felt like Money had too much fluff... until now :( ...

How can I transfer Hotmail contacts to MS Office Outlook?
I'd like to transfer my "contacts" in MSN Hotmail into my MS Office Outlook Express. How does one go about this? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

What's the function of folder subscription in MS Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like my MS Outlook to show all imap folders in my account, but to run routine updating only on my inbox folder. I would like each of my folders to be updated only when I choose a folder. I checked my folder list and identified a distinction between "all" folders and "subscribed folders". For some reason, all my folders were already subscribed. I've unsubscribed from my folders, but the complete list keeps showing up. Is there anything wrong with my folder list routine, or is my logic erronous? Please suggest a solution? Ran ...

MS Visual C++ "Cann't initialize Debugging subsystem"
When i press Go(F5) for Debug my IDE is asking "Remote Executable path and file" and if i give the exe(static not remote one) then it is telling "Cann't initialize debugging Subsystem" - Any idea about this error message! Even if i press cancel when it asks for remote exe then also debuger is not getting start!! Thanks in Advance! Rajan dm.dll is exist at my machine! And also TheApp is not for WinCE; Hence, i guess it could be some other IDE setting problem -Rajan RajanM wrote: > When i press Go(F5) for Debug my IDE is asking "Remote Executable path > an...

MS Money 2002 #4
How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money 2002? You mean the mail address on your Passport? You have to go to the Passport Web site to do that. http://www.passport.com. Were I you, to be on the safe side, I'd go to File|Login Lockbox and remove the passport from your Money file first. Then go and change the email address on the Passport, the re-add the Passport, if you really want to. "Dawna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4caa01c3e46f$c54f09a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change my email address when I log onto MS Money ...

Money 2005 #5
Here's a link to Amazon.com. They just put a picture up for Money 2005. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002D156I/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/002-4988365-7975251?v=glance&s=software&no=* I love that bit at the top. "Stop typing! Now get updates from you bank automatically." Of course, lots of people will still have to type to fix the mess the updates make and then type postings to the newsgroup asking how come Payees are whacked or the memo looks like a Payee or it downloaded to the wrong account or the password is different or... "Zach Rose" <meoge@...

Sync Money with a Certificate of Deposit
I have a certificate of deposit CD, held at Bank of America, setup through money that I update manually. Recently, I setup Money 2006 to sync with Bank of America (California). And low and behold it downloaded this account. Unfortunately the downloaded account is a BANK account while the account that I created through MONEY is an INVESTMENT account. Is there any way to merge these two accounts and continue to get udpates on the balance? Really, I would like the account to remain an investment since Money regards CD accounts (wisely) as investments. -- Daniel ...

MS Money 2005 Install
I purchased MS Money from Microsofts web site, Installed without a problem, Once it completes all updates and asks to restart money, I come up with the trial version. any ideas? I had the same experience. Here's what I did: First of all, I had made an online purchase of MS Money 2005 Deluxe for $60. Then, I ended up with the trial version, just as you did. Subsequently, while I was poking around in the trial version trying to figure out how to activate the full product, I found that the trial version advertises purchasing the full product of MS Money 2005 Deluxe for $40. So...

sum of directories does not equal disk total?
I want to clean up my drive and to find out where all the usage was I did a "Properties"inquiry on all the directories. The sum of these is short of the total by 48 of 168 gig used on a 250 gig drive. How do I find out what is using the 48? Thanks Andy AndyM wrote: > I want to clean up my drive and to find out where all the usage was I did a > "Properties"inquiry on all the directories. The sum of these is short of the > total by 48 of 168 gig used on a 250 gig drive. How do I find out what is > using the 48? > Thanks > Andy AndyM wrote: ...

On-line quotes server does not work
OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating that the on-line update to stock quotes and news does not work - everyone getting the "unable to connect to quotes server" error. Is it working for anyone? I switched from Quicken to Money and I'm about to switch back - at least Quicken can do something as simple as downloading quotes from a server reliably. Anyone home at Microsoft? On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:12 -0800, "Anyone home at Microsoft? Hello?" <fbella@aol.com> wrote: > >OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating >that...

Barcode reader and ms access
Hello every body.. I am want to know more about ms access and barcode reader . can you tell me where can i find the sample of using ms access and barcode reader Thank.. Barcode reader operate as keyboard. you can use it with any application. Tom "cambo" <cambodia_khm@everyday.com.kh> wrote in message news:eGG3GcZnHHA.4424@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello every body.. > I am want to know more about ms access and barcode reader . > can you tell me where can i find the sample of using > ms access and barcode reader > Thank.. > > > Dear cambo: Ther...

Money looped
Online services wizard caused error "Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send report to Microsoft! And restarts and closes. And restarts and closes. .net passport not working correctly. ..net Unable to verify email. Email works, please respond to email. ...