MS Money 95 data files

I hope that some one can answer this for me.
I have used MS Money 95 for years, and it works just fine for me on Windows
XP, however, I now have to reformat my hard drive, and have discovered that
I can nolonger find my original install disk.  Will the latest versions of
Money still read the MS Money 95 data files.  All that I have ever used the
program for is to track my investments, and am unlikely to do any different
in the future.
Thanks
Stan B

0
sbanner (2)
9/11/2007 4:32:21 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Stan Banner wrote:

>I hope that some one can answer this for me.
>I have used MS Money 95 for years, and it works just fine for me on Windows
>XP, however, I now have to reformat my hard drive, and have discovered that
>I can nolonger find my original install disk.  Will the latest versions of
>Money still read the MS Money 95 data files.  All that I have ever used the
>program for is to track my investments, and am unlikely to do any different
>in the future.

I don't know. If you have a computer you can try the "Workaround"
section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us then you
could give that a try. If that succeeds, then the current Money Plus
Deluxe should be able to convert the resulting Money 2004 file.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/11/2007 4:45:43 AM
Thanks Cal:
My Money 95 files are now converted and I will soon be purchasing a current
version of Money.

> In microsoft.public.money, Stan Banner wrote:
>
>>I hope that some one can answer this for me.
>>I have used MS Money 95 for years, and it works just fine for me on
>>Windows
>>XP, however, I now have to reformat my hard drive, and have discovered
>>that
>>I can nolonger find my original install disk.  Will the latest versions of
>>Money still read the MS Money 95 data files.  All that I have ever used
>>the
>>program for is to track my investments, and am unlikely to do any
>>different
>>in the future.
>
> I don't know. If you have a computer you can try the "Workaround"
> section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us then you
> could give that a try. If that succeeds, then the current Money Plus
> Deluxe should be able to convert the resulting Money 2004 file.

0
sbanner (2)

Is there an easy way to filter duplicate rows of data in excel?
When I run a query and download the information to Excel, there will be duplicate rows of data (If a product went through an operation twice). I want to filter out the duplicate rows. With the amount of data I'm working with, it is too difficult to filter manually. "Yumin" wrote: > When I run a query and download the information to Excel, there will be > duplicate rows of data (If a product went through an operation twice). I > want to filter out the duplicate rows. With the amount of data I'm working > with, it is too difficult to filter manually. ...

how do I automatically repeat data in several excel workbooks #2
I am trying to update the same text / numerical data in 3 different workbooks at one, can anyone help? Eg, if I input a name in one sheet I want it to appear in all 3. Hi you can link the other workbooks to this cell. e.g. - select the target cell and enter the equation sign '=' - now select with your mouse the sourc e cell and hit ENTER "stufroments" wrote: > I am trying to update the same text / numerical data in 3 different workbooks > at one, can anyone help? Eg, if I input a name in one sheet I want it to > appear in all 3. ...

CSV file problem
Hi, Using Excel 2000 and I need to edit a CSV file. My problem is that the original file has quotes around each element but when I save the csv file from Excel it strips them off. I need the quotes left in. Any suggestion how to get Excel to leave the quotes in? Thanks in advance, Linn See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#csvwithquotes In article <eU8yb0X4EHA.664@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Linn Kubler" <lkubler@charter2.net> wrote: > Hi, > > Using Excel 2000 and I need to edit a CSV file. My problem is that the > original file has ...

Add 1 hour to data
I have data 1 tru 200 with time "12:01:04". How can I add a hour to read "1:01:04" so when they move the clock in March '10 I will have the correct data. Thank you -- smile Try in B1: =A1+"1:00:00" Copy down Success? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "israel" wrote: > I have data 1 tru 200 with time "12:01:04". How can I add a hour to read > "1:01:04" > so when they move the clock in March '10 I will have the corre...

synchronization error of data migration manager
Dear all, I've just install Microsoft data migration manager. I have passed initial configuration manager successfully. Then my screen do a start up as below for a moment: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror.jpg But suddenly it goes back to login screen with login and cancel button only withoutt any error message (do nothing). Any body know what it might be wrong? Any help will be very appreciated. http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror2.jpg PS. I'm using crm 4.0 I'm system administrator. Tha...

Adding a Date data-type field with a Make-Table query
I am using a make-table query to make a table. Some of the fields are being populated with this query, however I need to add several more fields with null values so that they can be updated by subsequent update queries. The default field-type that is created if I just put in a field name is Text. How can I create a Date field-type field from a make-table query which has a null value? Well, you can create a DateTime field by using something like: DateField: CDate(0) But the field won't be empty, it will contain 0, or, stated as a date value, Dec 30, 1899 12:00 am. I don't kn...

Publisher can't open files...
Conditions for the PC mentioned below: O/S: Wxp Pro - total updated. Office: Of2k - total updated. ****** Situation: I have received e-mails with publisher-files attached. When I try to open the files, my Publisher comes up with the error-message (translated from danish to english): "Publisher can't open files, which are created in another version of Publisher." When I look in the properties of the files, I can see the author's name, but not the version of the publisher, with which the files are created, or the Publisher-format of the files. (It should have been a goo...

share pst file without Exchange?
I have a home network - an old laptop in the kitchen and a new desktop in the office. I want the Outlook files to reside on the desktop since it's backed up and more reliable but would like to use the laptop for sending/receiving email. I'd like to be able to see the same info (sent mail, inbox, calendar) on both computers. Is it possible without using Exchange? I've succesfully connected the laptop to a mailbox.pst file on the desktop but since the inbox is empty I can only assume this isn't where the email is stored. Well, I have been trying to figure this out my...

How do I change data labels on scatterplot
I create scatter plots using two values (salary, year of hire) that relate to particular employees. I want to label each point with the contents of a third cell (initials of the individual related to the point). I have figured out how to change the label one point at a time, but I'd like to simply relate the contents of a third column to the markers defined by two other columns. Help!! -- ahannigan The free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels" will do that. It can also include the cell formatting in the data label and link the cell contents to the label. Download from ......

PDF File conversion problems w/ transparency filled boxes in Publi
Periodically, I like to use text boxes positioned over a photo in which I insert photo caption information. I would like to make the fill in the text box TRANSPARENT rather than solid. When I do this, it looks just fine in the Publisher file, but when I convert it to a PDF file (with Adobe Acrobat), I lose the transparency--it comes out as a box with grid/plaid-like shading in it. The same thing happens with the shading that is inherent in Word Art--when converted to PDF, the shading is comprised of GRID lines rather than an even transparent shadow. Is there a problem between coding in...

Data file not closed properly
Everytime our users have Outlook open then close it (properly), but need to get back into it immediately, they receive this message. "The date file 'personal folder' was not closed properly." "This file is being checked for problems" This message started appearing about a week ago. I can't find any information about it or what's the real cause. Is it because of SP3 for Office? Does anyone have a clue?? Please help... ...

I INSTALLED MONEY DELUXE 2004
No problems. Same program. Benefits seem to be free credit review & free H & R Block tax sending online. Worth the $20 upgrade to me. Opportunity for me to use three new floppy back-up disks for weekly back-up. Size did NOT increase from last update using 2003. Steve Install an external Zip disc and back ups will be efficient and on one disc, easily. ...

Money 2006 buttons/links not working
Recently upgraded from 2004 to 2006. Many buttons and links within 2006 don't work (i.e. do nothing when clicked). For instance in the home page in the selection bar across the top: Home,Banking,Bills,Reports,Budget work but Investing Planning and Taxes do not. Also in the home page in the left column Investing Home, Planning Home, and Taxes Home do nothing. In my portfolio, none of the 'news' links do anything (new news has arrived when mouse hovers but nothing on a click) Other links that I suspect should go to web sites (MS offers) also do nothing. Possible hint, the s...

Money 2000 and Euro wrong total
Hi evereybody I use Money 2000 Pro (vers. 8.0) and my primary currency since 2002 is Euro (I live in Italia, Eu) I have a problem since I changed for the former currency (italian lira) to actual currency (Euro)... (My older bills were in Lira so I've changed them manually to converse in Euros.) I made changes on my multiple bills to join new currency and it works fine (Now I've 2 bills [1999-2006] in Euro) but... When I see to the main page with both bills summary the total of money is wrong. For example: Bill 1 : 1000,00 Euro Bill 2 : 2000,00 Euro SubTotal (Sum of Bill 1 + Bill 2...

Relative paths to external data?
I know how to import external data from a .csv, but how can I have the path be relative so I can move the directory around without having to update the ..csv file location manually? I'm not quite sure what you're doing. But if you're doing this from a macro, maybe you could just use application.getopenfilename. It would allow you to browse for your file. Or if the .csv file is in the same location as the workbook that contains the macro, you could find the path of that workbook by using thisworkbook.path So you could use... dim myCSVFileName as string mycsvfilename = thisw...

Configure Microsoft Money 2005
Can you configure microsoft money not to use the on-line banking features and just use it as a budget monitoring tool to manually enter expenses and revenues? -- palb I've used it that way for more than a decade. "phil" <phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F29001A-0EAD-435D-96A8-9E78C73FE510@microsoft.com... > Can you configure microsoft money not to use the on-line banking features > and > just use it as a budget monitoring tool to manually enter expenses and > revenues? ...

Master File Setup blunder
We accidently setup a Location Code and named it '69Mack'. It should have been named '66Mack'. Besides the Site, we are using the BSSI Multi-Facility product and have the Facilities called '69Mack'. Is there a way to query the GP Database and find all the instances of '69Mack'? I am trying to determine if it would be better to start from scratch or just write an update statement changing th 69 to 66? Thanks -- Craig I agree someone was listening to something. We do own the PSTL software and now that you mention it I recall seeing the Site Modifie...

Importing a text file w/ more than 65,536 rows
I'm trying to download a text file which exceeds the number of rows on an Excel worksheet. The help menus for Excel 5.0, 7.0, and '97 specify a way to use the Text Import Wizard to import the file to multiple worksheets. However, I have Excel 2000, and cannot locate any instructions about how to download to multiple worksheets. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd use my favorite text editor and split the text file into smaller pieces. Then import them separately. Or you could use a macro that imports each line: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596 ...

Same Investment in two countires
I have the same ninvestment in two different stockexchanges - BHP on the US and BHP on the Australian stockmarket. But it will nto let me create two separate entries -as they both have the same ticker symbol (despite one being :US, the other :AUS. ) Any clues so it tracks both - without me having to bodge in a sybmol? David le Cheminant dlechem@optusnet.com.au ...

Money 2002 won't start
I had the same problem with money 2002 and after reading all the post I handled it with a system restore. Easier than uninstall and reinstall. Opened right up. ...

Money 2006 upgrade
I just bought the 2006 premium that Microsoft advertises when I open my 2005 program. It said after I paid and reopened Money 2005 it would prompt me to download my 2006 upgrade. It never prompted me so now I have paid for Money 2006 premium but am still working on my OEM standard 2005 Money. Does anyone know what I need to do to download my upgrade. I have called customer service three times and everytime they pass me on to someone who passes me back to someone else and I eventually get disconnected without anyone helping me. Thank you very much, I appreciate the help. Did you get a ...

MS Query and Row Range Names
We utilize MS queries in a spreadsheet that has range names for rows. Unfortunately, when the query returns a different # of records than before the query, it messes up the reference of the range names (i.e. if row 123 is named "Partner1" before the refresh of the query, "Partner1" will not move with the associated row if new records are inserted and/or deleted - NOR does it stay at row 123). Does anybody know what is going on and how to overcome this issue? Thank you. Correction to my original message, the range name does stay at row 123 (i.e. absolute). But I h...

file management
I have an excel spreadsheet to track my quotes., I create my quotes in word for e-mailing and faxing. Can I connect the two programs together. My goal is to be able to search by quote # that I have created in an excel column and retreive the quote from word. -- DJ Treat the XL spreadsheet as the data source. Then, in Word, create a Mail Merge document (template) that uses the XL data as its data source. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <7103AE63-5A18-49E5-BDF3-A565ED97C00D...

publisher file conversion message
I have publisher 2003. When I get an email with a jpg attachment. When I select open, Publisher gives me a file conversion message. This is a new message. Why can't I open these attachments? flowjam64 wrote: > I have publisher 2003. When I get an email with a jpg attachment. > When I select open, Publisher gives me a file conversion message. > This is a new message. Why can't I open these attachments? ============================ There's no reason to have Publisher associated with .jpg files. Have a look at the following info: (307859) HOW TO: Change File Associa...

Excel 2002 program opens but not the excel file being opened
( using Win XP Pro and Excel 2002 ) -a user double clicks on the excel file in Windows explorer and excel program opens up but not the file -if you click in Excel on Window, New window, the file appears in Window 2 and if you go back to Window 1 the file now appears -any help to fix this? thx Steve Try Tools / Options / General / Uncheck 'Ignore Other Applications' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It'...