MS Money 95 data files

I hope that some one can answer this for me.
I have used MS Money 95 for years, and it works just fine for me on Windows
XP, however, I now have to reformat my hard drive, and have discovered that
I can nolonger find my original install disk.  Will the latest versions of
Money still read the MS Money 95 data files.  All that I have ever used the
program for is to track my investments, and am unlikely to do any different
in the future.
Thanks
Stan B

0
sbanner (2)
9/11/2007 4:32:21 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Stan Banner wrote:

>I hope that some one can answer this for me.
>I have used MS Money 95 for years, and it works just fine for me on Windows
>XP, however, I now have to reformat my hard drive, and have discovered that
>I can nolonger find my original install disk.  Will the latest versions of
>Money still read the MS Money 95 data files.  All that I have ever used the
>program for is to track my investments, and am unlikely to do any different
>in the future.

I don't know. If you have a computer you can try the "Workaround"
section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us then you
could give that a try. If that succeeds, then the current Money Plus
Deluxe should be able to convert the resulting Money 2004 file.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/11/2007 4:45:43 AM
Thanks Cal:
My Money 95 files are now converted and I will soon be purchasing a current
version of Money.

> In microsoft.public.money, Stan Banner wrote:
>
>>I hope that some one can answer this for me.
>>I have used MS Money 95 for years, and it works just fine for me on
>>Windows
>>XP, however, I now have to reformat my hard drive, and have discovered
>>that
>>I can nolonger find my original install disk.  Will the latest versions of
>>Money still read the MS Money 95 data files.  All that I have ever used
>>the
>>program for is to track my investments, and am unlikely to do any
>>different
>>in the future.
>
> I don't know. If you have a computer you can try the "Workaround"
> section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us then you
> could give that a try. If that succeeds, then the current Money Plus
> Deluxe should be able to convert the resulting Money 2004 file.

0
sbanner (2)

How can I email an excel file using my outlook contacts?
"cheflady" <cheflady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9C13E60-150D-4F03-B519-A8769F08CD0F@microsoft.com... > > <sigh> Please use the big white space to write your question........ exactly the same way you email ANY file..... go to file\send\mail recipient( as attachment) "Gordon" wrote: > "cheflady" <cheflady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:F9C13E60-150D-4F03-B519-A8769F08CD0F@microsoft.com... > > > > > > > <sigh> Please use the big white space to write you...

Special Pasting Quattro Pro 9 file as bitmap, how to manipulate now?
The only way I could find to get a Quattro Pro 9 file into Excel 2002, with gridlines and the exact diagram (property and house layout), was to copy and paste special it as a bitmap. Now that it's in Excel, I'd like to change some things in the diagram but the cursor, when over the copied part, shows as a 4 sided arrow (a compass rose with 4 arrows pointing to the N,S,E, and W.) and the actual cursor arrow attached to and on the SE part of this 4-sided arrow. This 4 sided arrow cursor can only move the copied part and nothing else . When I move the cursor off the copied part, it reve...

How to recover deleted files?
HELP!!! I messed up big time! I am running out of disk space on my laptop. I wanted to download a movie from UTorrent and was told I did not have enough space. I figured I would move some of my files onto a flash drive to free up space & then I would have room for the movie. Once I watched the movie, I was going to delete it. I share my laptop with my 3 children. There are 3 accounts on my laptop (my youngest child is 6, so he does not have his own account yet), mine and one each for my son and my daughter. I moved the "my documents" folder for both my children onto...

"Registered File Types" "Opens with" What if a common type is not "registered?" Advanced?
I sent a family member as short MPG file (<1MB) as an attachment to an e-mail. He could not open it. I told him to search for some other MPG file that might be on his HD, and see if it opened. He said the found file opened with Real Player. But it seems that there is no obvious way to choose which app opens an attachment. He and I apparently have different MPG-2 decoders, and trying to walk him thru it with my having what must be different versions of apps and utilities and plug-ins was a failure. So I phoned him and thought that I would have him set Windows Media Player ...

Money Deluxe 2004 trial upgrade problems
I downloaded the trial for deluxe a couple of months ago and recently, through money, upgraded to the real version for $42.50. They gave me a number which i stupidly didn't write down. Then something downloaded onto my computer and the "trial version" seemed to go away. The very next day I go to it and it says "trial version" again. My questions are: 1. Will i be sent a cd of money in the mail soon? 2. Do i need to use that number to do something with the program to make it better again? 3. Can i ever be sent that number again? PLEASE somebody HELP ME, Ple...

Money 2006...Multiple fund numbers but only one account number
I have several differents funds held at the same investing institution. When I try to set-up online services for one of these accounts Money only allows me to set-up one fund at a time. I need to set-up all of the funds at the same time but I can't figure it out. If I set up one fund from an account online updates occur, but only for that fund not the entire portfolio. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, KenTiffJelt wrote: >I have several differents funds held at the same investing institution. When >I try to set-up online services for one of these accounts Money...

Microsoft CRM data
Hi, I'm building the Web Service example in Chapter 3 of the "Microsoft Office Information Bridge (MOIB) Solution Development Guide" (Beta). I'll use the Web Service to create the smart tag recognizer and actions. I've previously built the Web Service example in the "Integrating Microsoft CRM (MSCRM) with Microsoft Office 2003 InfoPath", February 2004. The MSCRM example uses http://<CRM_Server_Name>/mscrmservices as the connection string. The MOIB example uses a direct "CRM" database connection string in the web.config file, and not a CRM serv...

Current time for data entered in column
Whenever data is entered in a cell, current time should come auto i another corresponding cell. For example, time should automaticall come in Y column for any data entered in any cell of the column A. Fo A10 time should come in Y10 and for A12 it should come in Y12 and s on. I need it for doing time and motion study. Appreciate all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohitmahajan! Based on JE McGimpsey (http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html) Let's say that every time an entry is made in cells A2:A100, the corresponding cell in column Y should have the...

Archive from Inbox on Exchage Server to pst file
I am trying to execute the Auto Archive in a folder "INBOX" located in the Exchange Server, to a pst file located on the Hard Disk. The file "archive.pst" is created but the emails are not moved to the "INBOX" folder in the "archive.pst". How can I fix this problem? I am using the Windows 2000 with Outlook 2002 SP2 Autoarchive works on the "modified" date of the item - perhaps that's your issue. Rogerio wrote: > I am trying to execute the Auto Archive in a > folder "INBOX" located in the Exchange Server, to a pst &g...

Transferring data between worksheets using Sheet Command?
Hi for an assignment i have to enter grades for 200 students in 4 subjects. there is a front summary sheet that contains all the subjects and all the students and their overall grade GPA etc.. anyway this summary sheet has to be populated automatically from the individual math, english etc.. worksheets. The guide says to do it using the 'sheet command' any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

How do you change the data and input data into a chart on Excel?
Jon Peltier's Excel chart info may be useful to you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "unclemoko" <unclemoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF9FAFA-B657-4C21-A4CA-56B81EC5C27B@microsoft.com... > ...

What is the maximum no of bytes that can be stored in a excel file
what is the maximun of bytes that can be stored in a excel file I am trying to save records from another Quest TOOL called (TOAD) into MS- Excel. Please let me know. Eagerly waiting for your reply Thank -- prekid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prekida's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2660 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39879 The limit on bytes depends on your computer's RAM. The max number of rows Excel can have is 65536 and the max number of columns is 256....

MONEY 2004 #83
Hi, I'd like to know how to turn off transaction matching permanently. Is it possible to do this? This is a very annoying feature if you're not involved in some kind of sophisticated financial environment. All I want to do is to import my data and then this bloody feature begins to match previous historical data, blah-blah-blah. Oiiiiiii, simplicity seems to be an after-thought with these things!!!!!! AJ Simplicity is in the eyes of the beholder. I never download transaction data and avoid your issue entirely. "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@OpouTheleis.org> wrote in messa...

user-defined data type capabilities
It seems I use Microsoft Visual Basic 6.5 from Microsoft Excel 2003. I've just introduced my first user-defined data type (UDT) to a module. I found it greatly simplified passing parameters. Private Type Journey Depart As String Arrive As String End Type What can I do with such UDTs? 1) Declare functions and scalar, array, and parameter variables. 2) Assign e.g. Dim A as UDT, B as UDT: A = B 3) Not compare variables. e.g. if UDT0 = UDT1 ... gets an error. What else can UDTs be used for? When, in the Visual Basic Editor (VBE), I hover over code referencing a v...

Changing data from imported .txt file
When i import data from an old (dos based) program negative numbers appear with the minus behind the number. Does anyone have any idea how i can change them all from 1,234.56- to -1,234.56 so Excel will recognise them? Changing them by hand takes forever. Thank you. If you're using xl2002+ and are using File|Open to open a text file, you'll see a wizard popup. On step 3 of that wizard, there's an advanced button. Click it. There's an option to treat trailing minus signs as negative numbers. If you already have the data in the worksheet, you can use... Dana DeLouis pos...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

emf files
There are *.emf files with text in an excel worksheet that have inverted/mirrored letters. Okay indeed. What are emf files doing in an excel worksheet to begin with? These are a type of microsoft temp file. >-----Original Message----- >Okay. > >-- >Greeting from the Gulf Coast! >http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays >"Paul Osborne" <Paul.Osborne@halliburton.com> wrote in message >news:093301c34a17$c60f2390$a501280a@phx.gbl... >> There are *.emf files with text in an excel worksheet that >> have inverted/mirrored letters. > > &g...

Cant Transfer .pst file successfully.
Hi: I just got a new laptop and have been attempting to set up outlook on it (I am using a wireless network). I have copied the mailbox.pst file from my old system on to the laptop, but for some reason when I use file open on outlook it wont pick up the pst file and use it. Import and export wont work because they don't deal with .pst files it appears. Can someone suggest a good way to transfer the address book, especially from one system to the other? Thanks John Baker What do you mean File > Open "won't pick up the pst file?" Of course it will. How did you copy th...

Why does Excel in XP create new files?
Excel adds duplicate files - Assist Log (2).xle, asssits Log (3).xls. Why? Can I make this stop. It appears all the files are identical - so if I just delete the extra files will I be losing any data? hi, I think this is something new in xl relating to thier file recovery during a GPF shutdown. but i keep getting it even without a GPF. when i save, excel will just up and ask me which file i want to save leaveing me sitting there asking "what do you mean which file. i only have one." it's getting anoying. >-----Original Message----- >Excel adds duplicate files - ...

downsampling from 16 bit to 8 bit data with colesafearray
I want to downsample a 512x512x16 bit array to a 512x512x8 bit array. I want to do it with COleSafeArray.... here's what I've got already. What should I do to pick off the most significant bits of the 16 bit value and store them in an 8 bit value that I can write to the other array? Also- any ideas on autoscaling data when I do this? If I know the max and min of the source, 16 bit data? Thanks in advance! -spencer // set up our arrays DWORD numElements[] = { 512,512 }; COleSafeArray Array16; COleSafeArray Array8; Array16.Create(VT_UI2, 2, numElements); Array8.Create(VT_UI1, 2, ...

Excel looking in wrong place for files
Hi, sometime ago I merged 2 partitions using PM8, and I was asked for a folder name, so I called My docs or something like that, and that folder was created on the said partition. Now when I go to open up a new file in excel it defaults to My Docs. So I formatted that partition changed all references in the Registry, rebooted and still excel is looking for new files in the wrong place. In fact the 'My Docs' folder no longer exists, so is there somewhere in Excel I can change its 'where to look' place? Thanks -- Bob H Leeds UK http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ContemporaryGifts4U...

Excel 2002 File Extensions
I created a drawing in Excel 2002 and I want to be able to save it in a file extension such as .jpg, .gif or .png so I can use it in Dreamweaver MX2004. I do not see any way to SAVE AS any file at ALL in those file extensions. Am I NOT able to do that? and if not, WHY not? Thank you for your feedback. I am grateful. Richard... Just try to copy/paste it on power point, it have with the right-click the save as picture option. I was unable to find the option directly on excel, however as excel and power point are from microsoft, you should not lose anything when you paste in on PP....

How can I embed a file as an unopened object in a worksheet or wo.
I want ot place Word, pdf, and other documents into a spreadsheet as objects that can be opened by clicking the icon. Have you tried Insert|object Goat Boy wrote: > > I want ot place Word, pdf, and other documents into a spreadsheet as objects > that can be opened by clicking the icon. -- Dave Peterson ...

Money bank account sync issues
Anyone seen an issue where Money 2006 stops bringing transactions down from bank or stock accounts? I've had two accounts now that stopped successfully downloading transactions and in both cases, the bank or brokerage in question had no problems--in other words--it was Money's problem. Nothing has changed on the Money side and, in some cases it tells me that the download did not complete, in others, it says it completed but then also errors out. Darren I am having the same issue with Money 2005. It won't update!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2006 quit for me also, so I had to delte the a...

fix ms.com/communities/newsgroups
i use firefox primarily for my development, i'm on linux. please allow posting using firefox on /communities/newsgroups. it's quite unprofessional not to support such basic features in browsers other than your own. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in t...