MS Money 2005 Delux Edition

I recently purchased Money 2005 Delux, I have been using Money 2000 Standard
addition.  When I loaded 2005 it attempted to convert my backup files but
then gave me a message that the file was password protected, or the disk was
write protected neither of which are so.  How do I get Money 2005 to
recognize and convert my previous versions files??
0
Jeff1 (635)
12/7/2004 8:23:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Open up the sample file. Then allow Money to download the most up to date
update (a dialog box should be displayed). When it is all installed, then
try to open you 2000 file again.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased Money 2005 Delux, I have been using Money 2000
>Standard
> addition.  When I loaded 2005 it attempted to convert my backup files but
> then gave me a message that the file was password protected, or the disk
> was
> write protected neither of which are so.  How do I get Money 2005 to
> recognize and convert my previous versions files??

0
glyn1 (1534)
12/7/2004 9:07:10 PM
I attempted as you suggested, however I could not file a sample file to open
and when I attempt to restore the 2000 file it contiues to say that the file
is passworf protected or write protected and takes me to the home page I
started when I installed the program. What next????

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:

> Open up the sample file. Then allow Money to download the most up to date
> update (a dialog box should be displayed). When it is all installed, then
> try to open you 2000 file again.
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently purchased Money 2005 Delux, I have been using Money 2000
> >Standard
> > addition.  When I loaded 2005 it attempted to convert my backup files but
> > then gave me a message that the file was password protected, or the disk
> > was
> > write protected neither of which are so.  How do I get Money 2005 to
> > recognize and convert my previous versions files??

0
Jeff1 (635)
12/8/2004 11:55:04 AM
If you could not find a sample file to open, you need to look further, as
this is a very important diagnostic step.

Look in Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005 or similar.

> I attempted as you suggested, however I could not file a sample file to
open
> and when I attempt to restore the 2000 file it contiues to say that the
file
> is passworf protected or write protected and takes me to the home page I
> started when I installed the program. What next????

I found the sample file, allowed the updates to download and install and
again the same result.  I even backed up the Money 2000 file on a CD in an
uncompressed format but it still refused to allow me access to the file.  I
have even tried this on two other computers I own and have received the same
result.  I need help!!!

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> If you could not find a sample file to open, you need to look further, as
> this is a very important diagnostic step.
>
> Look in Program Files\Microsoft Money 2005 or similar.
>
> "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I attempted as you suggested, however I could not file a sample file to
> open
> > and when I attempt to restore the 2000 file it contiues to say that the
> file
> > is passworf protected or write protected and takes me to the home page I
> > started when I installed the program. What next????

0
Jeff1 (635)
12/9/2004 1:57:06 PM
Well, you've isolated your problem to your data file. At least that's
something to work with. Why don't you try these steps:

1) Copy the .MNY file to a CD on the old system. (I.e., skip the Backup.)
2) Copy it from the CD to My Documents on the new system (on which M05 has
already been updated).
3) Check its file properties to make sure it is not set to Read Only.
4) Open the Sample file the try File|Open from Money, navigating to the file
you just copied in.

If that doesn't work, see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=115. There is
probably not much more any of us can do to help. Your best bet is probably
to open a support case directly with Microsoft.

> I found the sample file, allowed the updates to download and install and
> again the same result.  I even backed up the Money 2000 file on a CD in an
> uncompressed format but it still refused to allow me access to the file.
> have even tried this on two other computers I own and have received the
same
> result.  I need help!!!

converting vc++2005 project to VC++2008
Hi, I converted my VC++2005 MFC application to VC++2008 but when I build it; it is giving the following linker error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc80.lib' As mfc80.lib is not present any more. How can I replace mfc80.lib with mfc90.lib??? Cheers. Manj. You have to find out why it's still asking for mfc80.lib? Are you linking with any dlls? AliR. "Manjree Garg" <garg@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:7BD6B985-1AE1-4ADF-8308-BF89A80D71BA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I converted my VC++2005 MFC application to VC+...

Edit the Global Address Book
Does anyone know how to edit the Global Address Book from within Outlook? I know I can do it from AD, but I would like to have my users edit thier contact informaiton from within Outlook. Any help would be great. Thanks Heith Heith <someone@notthistime.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to edit the Global Address Book from within > Outlook? I know I can do it from AD, but I would like to have my > users edit thier contact informaiton from within Outlook. I don't believe that's possible. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: >> Does anyone know how to...

Try to Raise money for my Ms 150 Bike ride
To one and all Hello, I have yet again decided to take a ride south for MS. On October 2nd and 3rd I will be riding in the MS 150 from Huntington State Beach to Mission Bay, San Diego. I will be riding 100 miles in 2 days as my commitment to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. I have set a fund raising goal of $500.00 for this year's ride. Any help you could provide in attaining this goal would be appreciated. Thank you for helping me achieve my goal and supporting the fight against multiple sclerosis. Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to su...

how do I change/edit the names of catagories in Calendar?
want to make my own names for the color designations in "Catagorize" Version? In 2003, click on the labels icon on the toolbar and choose edit... (can also access it using the edit, labels menu) in 2007, click the category button and choose all categories to access the editor. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...

Money wants to install itself
Whenever I open IE, My Computer, Windows Explorer, My Documents, etc., the Money 2003 Installer pops up. I hit cancel, it comes back up, repeat this twice. Then whatever I want opens. Xp also takes it's time to open other applications, it's as if there is a pause command in front of every .exe file. A few of my desktop icons have also been deleted. This started when I installed Heros III. I uninstalled, and did a restore to a week before. Nothing changed. What's going on? ...

money excel
I need to export an account from Money to Excel. I.m using the export command but I got the data in EXCEL all in a single column and no in different columns as I want. Can someone give me a hand with this please. Thanks ALEX See if http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=9 helps. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback "alex" <anonymous@...

Insert acrobat capability has disappeared on MS Publisher
MS Publisher 2003. I used to be able to insert a pdf file as an object. This capability has vanished from the "insert object" menu. This may be because my original Publisher has had an automatic update from version 11.5525.5606 to V 11.8212.8221. I have removed and reinstalled Publisher but the version level remains the same and the capability is still not there. My machine also has Acrobat V7 installeed but this has not changed. Have you tried Office Diagnostics in the Help menu? Right-click a toolbar, click customize, Options tab, see if Resetting menu and toolbar usage data...

Unable to delete the last blank page in MS word
We generate a word document using VB script. Dynamically populate values from DB using bookmarks. We also attach a pre defined document at the end, but a blank page comes after the attachement. How to avoid programatically? There is no empty spaces below the attachement section or the attachment. Pleae advice. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Vishnu" <Vishnu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9DCEAA6-DBAF-4BD0-9E6C-8B33...

copying charts into MS Word
I have created a chart in Excel (using F11 to create a separate chart tab) when I try and copy & paste it into MS Word it loses all colours and appears in greyscale when I would like to keep the chart colours- any suggestions?? Cheers, Check your printer settting to see if you have a black And White Printer or grey Scale Selected on a color Printer. "kippers" wrote: > I have created a chart in Excel (using F11 to create a separate chart tab) > when I try and copy & paste it into MS Word it loses all colours and appears > in greyscale when I would like to kee...

Can Not Install Money 2005 Small Business
Little info first. New Pc Factory condition. Windows Xp Home.Sp2 has Money 2005 installed. I removed Money from the pc and all entries in the registry. Then I placed the 2005 Small Biz cd in to run the install . I keep getting Money failed to load some componets please try again. I have called support and they are of no help. Re-installed my OS still same problems. I went as far as removing all virus protection. Please Help very upsetting PS. I was able to install money 2005 small biz, on another pc, so the disk is fine acclamaid@@@tmail.com ...

Help with Money Plus Deluxe
I'm trying to use Money Plus Deluxe on a Dell Inspiron 350 running 32-bit Vista Home Premium. I keep getting the error message "Your current security settings do not allow that file to download." when I try to open my accounts list, bills, anything except for online pages. I can see the online Investment Center and I can see a list of my investment under My Portfolio, but I get the error message when I try to update any investment. I also get Alerts that I have bills due/overdue, but can't open anything to PAY them. It looks like the data is there, Money just won&#...

Moving a MS Access database to a Mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Novice question: What are the options for moving a Wintel platform's Microsoft Access .mdb database to a Mac platform? What is the difficulty in making such a transfer? Thanks, in advance, for any advice. On 9/11/08 12:45 PM, in article 59b59413.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "HenriJ@officeformac.com" <HenriJ@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > > Novice question: What are the options for moving a Wintel platform's Microsoft > Access .mdb database to a Mac platform? What is the diff...

Why does cursor move position in a cell I'm trying to edit?
I have just updated from Microsoft 2000 to Microsoft 2003. My first attempt to use Excel has failed. When trying to edit a particular cell on an old spreadsheet I pressed f2 then placed the cursor where I wanted to add some more data. However, it only allowed me to type a couple of words & then the cursor moved itself to another position, a few words further on, not to the end of the line. When I moved the cursor back to where I wanted it & tried typing again it just moved away again. The cell in question contains only words, no sums or formulae. I'm sorry if this is a fu...

Money 2004 Premium from Money 2003 Deluxe
I have been running 2003 Deluxe on ME. Installed 2004 on new laptop running XP Home. I have successfully converted data. Problem is on XP when I click the "Go to list of accounts" link on Home Page I get an error. When I upgraded 2003 Deluxe on existing ME platform I have no problems. Sample file on XP does not experience the same problem. I have several loans on account and don't want to export/import - retype loans into 2004 P on XP. Tried: msmoney.exe -s setver32 msmxl.dll Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Mitchell wrote: >I have been running 2003 Del...

Money 2004 #95
I have a major problem, my software or my 80 year old brain! When I finish for the day, I click on the Drop Down File (Extreme left, top) and then click Back Up. Or I just click the X in the upper right of the page. Either way I'm out out of Ms Money. BUT, trying to get back into my files is THE problem: I click on the MS MONEY Desktop icon and I get an all blue page with the words also in blue that read MS MONEY. No data at all! So I go to the upper left drop down file and I get about 6 or 8 options. I try each one and I just can't get into my files. Why can't I automatical...

how to calculate quarterly compounded interest in ms excel
How to calculate quarterly compounded interest on cumulative deposit with bank or company in ms excel Given an APR to get the Yearly Effective Rate based on quarterly compoundings use the formula: =(1+APR/4)^4-1 -- Regards, Dave <!-- "Shreepad" wrote: > How to calculate quarterly compounded interest on cumulative deposit with > bank or company in ms excel ...

Money restores
Where does Microsoft Money restore it's files? The program cannot open my information. The file is not found. I need to find the restore file and can't find it. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, J wrote: >Where does Microsoft Money restore it's files? The program cannot open my >information. The file is not found. I need to find the restore file and >can't find it. The Money backup files are named *.mbf, and are stored where you specify. The default is to store into the same folder as the *.mny file. I suggest you do a Start->Search of your hard dr...

msn money stock quotes options symbol changes
Since the change to stock options symbols I have been unable to get stock option pricing. I have tried several forms of the new symbols (I cant seem to find a definitive description of the proper symbols) and nothing works. I have seen a couple references online by people that claim they got it to function but they don't include any working examples. Will the msn money stock quotes addin continue to work with stock options, and if so, please give an explanation and more importantly at least one actual working example. ...

Industry/Business related dictionary in MS Office Applications
I am a petroleum engineering student. Often I have to write project reports and other articles related to oil and gas sector. Many times while typing I write wrong spellings, some of them are corrected by the spell checker.. but the words specifically related to petroleum engg. are left out.. So i was wondering if MS can build a smart spell checker which can check the spellings in a document related to a specific field. All we have to do that specify or choose from set of fields.. and start writing the document.. spell check will automatically correct the words in context of our ...

Money 2004 for Pocket PC #4
Has anyone manage to install Money 2004 on latest version of Pocket PC? Your help/advice is very much appreciated. Thanks. ...

Money 06 and 03 password problem
I've been using Money 2003 for some time now. I have it password protected. I recently downloaded the 2006 trial version. The trial version installed and converted the 2003 files just fine. It opens with the same password as the 2003 file. Now here comes the problem, I saved the 2003 version on the computer just in case. But I've had to twice now use System Restore to be able to open the 2003 version because it says my password is incorrect after installing the 2006 version. Is there a work around for this? Thanks, Mike Have you uninstalled M06? Which file is it you a...

Ann: Altova announces FREE XMLSPY Home Edition and releases new version 2004r4 of XMLSPY, MAPFORCE, and STYLEVISION
Altova (http://www.altova.com) producers of Altova XMLSPY, the world's leading XML (eXtensible Mark-up Language) development environment, today announced that the Home Edition of its award-winning XMLSPY product is now being offered to the public through a FREE software license. In addition, Altova just announced the immediate availability of Version 2004 Release 4 (v2004r4) of its entire product line. Far more than a typical interim release, v2004r4 provides major enhancements across the product line, ranging from advanced editing features and new data integration capabilities to user i...

how to set up 99 money online to DSL
i am trying to add my discover account to my accounts in microsoft money which requires online inrollment and money wants to use a dial up connection through my 56K modem. I don`t use that modem anymore cause i went to DSL using my network card routed to my DSL modem. How do i switch money 99 to use this new setup? You won't be able to setup Money 99 in this way as you can no longer setup online services using the branding server in this version. You probably will want to try a newer version. Money 2004 is the latest. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Money Has Stopped Working
Hello, I have successfully been using Money Plus 2008 for a few months now. The other day my PC completely locked up with Money open. I had to force to turn the PC off for a restart. Now when I try to open Money, I receive the message that Money has stopped working. The details are provided below. There are other documented cases of this that I can see online when searching the issue, but there doesn't seem to be a fix. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Money Plus without success. Any suggestions? Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: msmone...

Money Password #8
Hello All, The way I understand automatic schedule updates/downloads that it is only available when using MS passport. If so, is there anyway to get around without using MS passport and still receive scheduled automatic updates and downloads? Thanks Dave "Dave" <scialabba2@comcast.net> wrote in message news:69dno1h42mb81ej8gg5jfqbgrqf48154ic@4ax.com... > > The way I understand automatic schedule updates/downloads that it is > only available when using MS passport. If so, is there anyway to get > around without using MS passport and still receive scheduled autom...