MS money 2004 Deluxe canadian edition

Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version?  I have
found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe.

I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but
when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps
taking me to US only version purchase options.  The MS
Money web site couldn't have been less helpful.

Derrick
0
anonymous (74722)
2/17/2004 5:27:56 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote:

>Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version?  I have
>found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe.

No Deluxe.

>I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but
>when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps
>taking me to US only version purchase options.  The MS
>Money web site couldn't have been less helpful.

You could buy the US Deluxe version; it would behave like the trial
you are using. However it would not be set up for Canadian banks and
rules.

If you get the Canadian version, I expect it to not be able to open
your trial. You should export all of your accounts to QIF files
before the trial is over. If you are going to do that, there are
some considerations.

Sorry.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/17/2004 6:05:53 AM
Hi Derek - Don't worry, the Canadian, so called Standard
Edition, is a full strength version to handle ALL your
money and investment recording and managing needs. Order
it through Future Shop, Staples, or your favourite sales
outlet. You'll most likely get a cash rebate on it too -
I did.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/17/2004 7:15:22 AM
I downloaded the 'International Trial' from the web
site.  Does that mean that I won't be able to use the
Standard edition with it?

Does the Canadian Standard edition track:
- stocks, mutual funds (and permit price downloads)
- debt, credit cards, assets, and bank accounts?
- Portfolio performance?

Thanks

Derrick

>You could buy the US Deluxe version; it would behave
like the trial
>you are using. However it would not be set up for
Canadian banks and
>rules.
>
>If you get the Canadian version, I expect it to not be
able to open
>your trial. You should export all of your accounts to
QIF files
>before the trial is over. If you are going to do that,
there are
>some considerations.
>
>Sorry.
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/17/2004 4:17:30 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote:

>I downloaded the 'International Trial' from the web
>site.  Does that mean that I won't be able to use the
>Standard edition with it?

While I have not tried it, I expect you will get an "incompatible
version" error when you try to open the existing file with the
Canadian version.

If you do the QIF export, here are some considerations:
To avoid transfers from turning into two separate transactions, it
is important to import the QIFs into the new file all at once.
This is done by selecting using Ctrl+<click> to highlight all of
the files you want including.  Further, before doing the import,
the names of the investment cash accounts should be named something
alphanumerically higher than the investment transactions of the
account.  So you could have "Merrill" and "Merrill Cash", but you
would not want "Merrill Inv" and "Merrill Cash".  "_Merrill Inv"
and "Merrill Cash" would be good.  So one way around this is to
export investment accounts to files who's name starts with an
underscore.

To avoid transfers from turning into two separate transactions, it
is important to import the QIFs into the new file all at once.
This is done by selecting using Ctrl+<click> to highlight all of
the files you want including.  Further, before doing the import,
the names of the investment cash accounts should be named something
alphanumerically higher than the investment transactions of the
account.  So you could have "Merrill" and "Merrill Cash", but you
would not want "Merrill Inv" and "Merrill Cash".  "_Merrill Inv"
and "Merrill Cash" would be good.  So one way around this is to
export investment accounts to files who's name starts with an
underscore.

While there is not a Canadian version trial, there is a money-back
return guarantee for a period of time.

You do lose some info in a QIF export/import, but the sooner you do
it, the less you would loose. Be sure to export all of your accounts
to loose QIF before the trial is over. I sympathize that it is not
as easy as it should be.

>Does the Canadian Standard edition track:
>- stocks, mutual funds (and permit price downloads)
>- debt, credit cards, assets, and bank accounts?
>- Portfolio performance?

Yes, but with the proviso that the Canadian version will combine
holdings across accounts for analysis etc. This is based upon an
interpretation of how the tax laws apply, but the combination seems
to be overly-aggressive.

From the information I have gleaned, it would appear to make sense
for husband and wife to maintain separate Money files in Canada. I
am not completely sure if that is the best, but that seems to be the
implication of what I have picked up. I am not a Canadian user, so I
may be mis-reading some of it.

A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the
Google Usenet Groups archive.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you
think would be in relevant posts into the "all of the words" box.
Enter microsoft.public.money into the newsgroup box. Consider
selecting Sort By Date.

>Thanks
>
>Derrick
>

>>You could buy the US Deluxe version; it would behave
>like the trial
>>you are using. However it would not be set up for
>Canadian banks and
>>rules.
>>
>>If you get the Canadian version, I expect it to not be
>able to open
>>your trial. You should export all of your accounts to
>QIF files
>>before the trial is over. If you are going to do that,
>there are
>>some considerations.
>>
>>Sorry.
>>
>>.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Edit files with no extension
Still trying to figure this one out: I want to edit aspx files that do not have the .aspx extension. Is this possible while still getting the statement completion, text colorization and highlighting in Microsoft Visual Studio Dot Net Enterprise Architect? I wish to use an alternative extension (or no extension at all) and still get text highlighting that you would find for a .aspx extension. I was originally told to edit the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\7.1\Editors\{8281C572-217 1-45AA-A642-7D8BC1662F1C}\Extensions. I added a new DWORD Value with the title &...

Edit a worksheet command button
Using 2003 - I have inherited a workbook that has various command buttons on the worksheets. The buttons are attached to a macro. I need to edit the buttons but I can't seem to get the button into the edit mode. How do I do that? Glen If they're commandbuttons from the Control toolbox toolbar, then show that toolbar: View|Toolbars|Control Toolbox Then click on the Design mode icon. Do the work and click on that design mode icon once more to get back to normal. "glen.e.mettler@lmco.com" wrote: > > Using 2003 - I have inherited a workbook that has various comma...

Money 2001 #6
Product is good but 3 factors lead to a certain Thumbs Down; one regarding currencies and another regarding availability I. New Currency Why is it that while adding currencies (for instance Indian Ruppees - INR) the country field is unavailable. This causes problems while creating investments in INR as the investments require the country to be entered. Surely, many people in US (and worldwide) would have investments in INR in addition to the base currency. How is it possible that MS does not support INR (and India)?!! Simple Solutions - Permit addition of country along with the curre...

401K Loan in Money 2006?
Is there any way to record a 401K loan in Money 2006 so it will automatically handle everything? What I would like to do is to set up the loan as an asset in within the 401K plan. Then have the payroll deductions track a payment schedule and pass interest and pricipal back into the 401K. I can't see any way to do this, it looks like I'm going to have to make extra entries. -- Charlie Smith I've been doing all of this in Money for almost a decade right up until the automatically handle everything part. Do you want to know how or is your requirement the automatic everythin...

Money loosing Invoices
MS Money 2004 is loosing my invoices. The accounts receivable balance has the total for the invoices but they are not in the invoice list. Thanks Tom In microsoft.public.money, Tom Libby wrote: >MS Money 2004 is loosing my invoices. The accounts receivable balance has >the total for the invoices but they are not in the invoice list. Are running Vista? This may be a folder permissions thing. In microsoft.public.money, Tom Libby wrote: >MS Money 2004 is loosing my invoices. The accounts receivable balance has >the total for the invoices but they are not in the invoice lis...

Don't buy OFFICE SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003
I recently purchase OFFICE SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003. In using it, I have found that they have changed the basic help algorithm in two ways which lower the usefulness of this package: 1. Instead of the old key word lookup, which was essentially instantaneous, they now use some kind of computed lookup which takes forever. 2. They have changed the organization of help data in a way that makes it much harder to get the information you need. For instance, I use Excel a lot. In the old help system, you could type "text functions" and instantaneously get a page listing all the text ...

Upgrading from Deluxe to Standard
-- I now have Money 2004 Deluxe - if I upgrade to 2005 Standard will I lose the features I have like cash flow chart, etc?? You will lose your cash flow and will have many problems. I almost promise you. Read through this site for the problems most of us have had. I just uninstalled 2005 and went to my old one. Don't upgrade, please. I visited Amazon.com to read their customer's comments. Most have had problems. Go to this site to read them: I just visited Amazon's website to read how their customers rated Money 2005. It appears most hate it. Check this LINK to rea...

Linking cells to MS Project cells
I have an Excel file with cells linked to MS Project cells. There are several MS Project source files involved. When first created all the Excel links worked as expected. Upon reopening the Excel file some cells update properly and others display #NAME?. Does anyone know why and is there a way to fix this? To make matters a bit more confusing I have seen(on rare occasion)upon reopening the Excel file some cells previously displaying the #NAME? value displaying appropriate linked data correctly. ...

LLC in Money Deluxe & Business
Money 2003 Deluxe & Business only recognizes Sch. C transactions (sole proprietors). It does not allow Business Investment accounts. It forces all Investment accounts to be "Personal". In a sole proprietorship investment accounts are personal; but not when they are held by a Limited Liability Company or a Sub-S corporation. The "Small Business" label is a misleading. LLCs and Sub-S can also be small businesses. The name should be "Deluxe & Sole Proprietors". I would not have bought the product if I had known this. Does Money 2004 correct this pr...

viewing downloaded transactions in Money 2004 Deluxe?
I'm using Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe with Windows XP SP2 Home edition. After downloading transactions from my bank, and importing the file into Money, Money shows the Statements to Read page with an arrow next to a link to the account. The link takes me to the account view, but no new transactions are displayed. (the bank web site shows several). Both Money and Quicken download formats were tried. I've been fiddling with Tools>Options without success. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance. ..............Dave In microsoft.public.money, Dave K wrote: >I'm ...

Money Plus Activation
I recently had to rebuild my computer due to a hard drive crash. Fortunately, the crash occurred prior to the expiration of my online services through Money Plus. I was able to reinstall Money Plus and activate the license through my administrator account in Windows XPSP3 before the license expiration. When I went into my user account after the online services expiration (two days later), Money Plus asked for the validation key and started the 60-day trial clock. The good news was that I effectively got a 60- day extension of my online services. The bad news is that Money Plus lo...

Money 2003 #22
One quick Question, This is with respect to 401K Entries. How do I put in transfers. I had X and Y Portfolios and I transfered 40% from X and 100% from Y to Z Portfolio. And now I have only X and Z portfolio. How do I show this in Money? Thanks Shanki You use terms in ways not used by Money. A Money data file has one portfolio. A portfolio consists of multiple investment accounts. Each investment account can hold positions in multiple investments. If you are changing investments, use Sell and Buy transactions. If you are transferring the broker association for an investment, use the Tra...

Migrating Money 2006 to a new computer
Migrating my Money 2006 to a new computer. Installed Money 2006; as soon as I opened it up, it downloaded my online file, but everything is a complete mess - for example, one account I now have four copies of, and when I go to merge duplicates, none of the four is available for for merging. Brought back as new accounts I paid off and closed three years ago. I have a backup file from the old computer, but will it even work, if everytime I go online, it overwrites my good file with all this crap? There's ten years worth of data in here, and now it's a shambles. I can't believe i...

Help! Money 2005 doesn't work after update!
installed 2005 premium two weeks ago and set up all my bank info. I got notice for update every time but I canceled it. But later, since my bank info was set, I updated it. Then the trouble came. I can not log in anymore. EVery time after I input the passport, it gave error as "an unexpected error has occurred. please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's online service customer support." I tried to uninstall and reinstall. The same problem. so I can not use it any more. Help! See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/42.aspx and ...

Help! Ungrouping Excel Charts --> EMF/WMF. Can't edit objects in 2007 (Freeform issue). Steve Rindsberg?
Hi, I am posting this again in a hope to get attention to my tricky problem Bob _________ Thanks Jon, Some consolotion, but no solution... :-) I am not doing any progress at all with this problem. Really need help!(Saw that Steve had beed in similar thread 1,5 yr ago) Regarding resulting EMF/WMF shapes, there seems to be a big difference between seeting the Shape Border to Solid manually compared to doing it through VBA or through a Chart Style ( I took a standard one). This is bizarre! Is there some way to emulate the manual action in the menu? i.e. something like: Application.Commandbar...

Money Plus Deluxe #4
I converted from Quicken. My first backup worked. Now when I try to backup, the program goes through everything up to compressing the file. At that point it shuts down with the msg.: "Money has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". What do I do now? I've added a lot of things since the first, successful backup (5/22), so I'm not prepared to go back to it. In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote: >I converted from Quicken. My first backup worked. Now when I try to backup, >the program goes through everything up to compressing the file. At that point >...

How to Edit Dictionary for mistake?
I accidently Added a misspelled word into the dictionary. How do I edit that entry so I can fix it? Thanks! Open the custom.dic (it can be opened in Notepad) and remove the word. The dictionary might be at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\UProof. You can also get to the custom.dic by typing an obviously misspelled word, right click and then choose Options from the spelling dialog. In there you'll find a custom dictionary button.. click it then choose edit. If you need specific instructions, we need to know your version of Outlook. -- Dian...

Money 2004 Business Sync Issues
I have Money 2004 Business edition and use the business side of it quite a bit. I actually have two problems: First: When I receive payment from a customer, I go to invoices and go thru the Recieved payment process and it clears the invoice and deposits the money received into the account I tell it. (This part is Fine). 1) When I download statements, it does not allow me to match up any deposit transactions with the Payment for invoice transactions. I have to go back thru and manually denote 'cleared' and delete the banks transaction. 2) Because of the payment for invoice ca...

Email attachments opened, edited, saved, closed, and lost forever
I've had this happen several times: I will open an email attachment, edit it, save it, but not use the save as button, think I have saved it, but it is only temporarily saved in a temporary file, close it and I'm told it is gone and unretrievable. It doesn't show up in the recently used documents section of Word or Excel. It's now the only place I ever lose large chunks of data due to autosave--a welcome addition for a long-time veteran curser, I mean user, of the home computer. Suggestion: Have a specific prompt or macro to go to "save as" when an...

How do I reduce a MS Publisher file size?
I have Publisher files that are graphics heavy. I have deleted half of the graphics but the file remains large. Some of the graphics were cut and pasted in from another program. Is there any way to purge unused entities from the files? What version Publisher are you using? Have you tried compressing the images? Run the Design Checker, see if there are problems with some of the images. Is the publication one you have used over and over? If you are using 2003 or earlier, look at Insert, Design Gallery, have you added any images? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "corporategift...

updated junk mail filters for ms outlook
Is there an improved junk mail filter and if so where can i go to download ...

Accounting with Ms Access

Problem migrating Money 2000 to 2004
Hi, I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new version. But eveytime I try I receice a error that I cannot access to the database. What am I doing wrong? Can some help me? I would like to evolve to the new version. Thanks in advance for all the help. Cheers Miguel Rodrigues In microsoft.public.money, Miguel Rodrigues wrote: > >I've just bought Money 2004 Deluxe Edt. and I would like >to migrate my money database (in MOney 2000) to the new >version. > >But eveytime I try I receice a erro...

Money 99 and Windows XP SP2
Hi folks. After updating Windows XP with SP2, my old loved Microsoft Money 99 stop working. When I try to open the program, nothing happends. It appears in the processes list for a moment and then disapears. Any idea? Try reinstalling the program, SP2 may have overwritten some settings that Money 99 wanted. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.mic...

Spinning beach ball of death in word 2004 and OS X 10.4.2
Hi, It happens quite often, that Word 2004 (SP2) on OS X Tiger locks up for several minutes and sometimes longer. I can't say why and when it happens because almost everything can provoke it. Just changing to another font or sending a document to print can result in a spinning beach ball of death. It's really annoying. I have deleted com.microsoft.Word.plist inside ~Library\Preferences but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, so what can I do? -- Regards Madsen Hi Thomas, There is a known bug in MacOS that deals with fonts that can cause this to happen. Apple and Mi...