Moving Money 2008 to new computer

I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have
the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original
download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person
for not saving a backup of that.

I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct
upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically
not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits
this will be a problem.

Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the
existing Money (by copying the Program Files\Money tree and perhaps
the registry keys for Money? Ugh...)

Ideally, I'd love to find a copy of the install media. But alas so far
my search as not turned up such a gem. Can anyone give suggestions of
how do recover from this?
0
robert
11/21/2009 10:25:09 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, robert.larson.at.gmail wrote:

>I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have
>the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original
>download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person
>for not saving a backup of that.
>
>I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct
>upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically
>not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits
>this will be a problem.
>
>Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the
>existing Money (by copying the Program Files\Money tree and perhaps
>the registry keys for Money? Ugh...)
>
>Ideally, I'd love to find a copy of the install media. But alas so far
>my search as not turned up such a gem. Can anyone give suggestions of
>how do recover from this?

Your best bet would be to buy Money Deluxe Plus on Ebay. Don't lose
the disk or key.  That can extend your activation until the end of
January 2011. Then stay tuned here or on
http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx for a way to get a DRM-free
version of Plus to let you reinstall Plus after the activation
servers go away.

0
Cal
11/21/2009 11:59:24 PM
On Nov 21, 6:59=A0pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, robert.larson.at.gmail wrote:
> >I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have
> >the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original
> >download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person
> >for not saving a backup of that.
>
> >I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct
> >upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically
> >not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits
> >this will be a problem.
>
> >Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the
> >existing Money (by copying the Program Files\Money tree and perhaps
> >the registry keys for Money? Ugh...)
>
> >Ideally, I'd love to find a copy of the install media. But alas so far
> >my search as not turned up such a gem. Can anyone give suggestions of
> >how do recover from this?
>
> Your best bet would be to buy Money Deluxe Plus on Ebay. Don't lose
> the disk or key. =A0That can extend your activation until the end of
> January 2011. Then stay tuned here or onhttp://www.microsoft.com/money/fa=
q.mspxfor a way to get a DRM-free
> version of Plus to let you reinstall Plus after the activation
> servers go away.

So... the solution is to re-pay for software I bought once not twice,
but actually 3 times.... OK. Yes, that would be a solution. I'll
continue looking for others. GnuCash or even Quicken are starting to
look good if I have to shell out more money. I don't understand why I
can't just download the software again. I have a key. I have a
receipt. Are the downloads keyed to a specific license key somehow?
0
robert
11/22/2009 2:06:21 AM
In microsoft.public.money, robert.larson.at.gmail wrote:

>On Nov 21, 6:59�pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx>
>wrote:
>> In microsoft.public.money, robert.larson.at.gmail wrote:
>> >I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have
>> >the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original
>> >download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person
>> >for not saving a backup of that.
>>
>> >I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct
>> >upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically
>> >not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits
>> >this will be a problem.
>>
>> >Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the
>> >existing Money (by copying the Program Files\Money tree and perhaps
>> >the registry keys for Money? Ugh...)
>>
>> >Ideally, I'd love to find a copy of the install media. But alas so far
>> >my search as not turned up such a gem. Can anyone give suggestions of
>> >how do recover from this?
>>
>> Your best bet would be to buy Money Deluxe Plus on Ebay. Don't lose
>> the disk or key. �That can extend your activation until the end of
>> January 2011. Then stay tuned here or onhttp://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspxfor a way to get a DRM-free
>> version of Plus to let you reinstall Plus after the activation
>> servers go away.
>
>So... the solution is to re-pay for software I bought once not twice,
>but actually 3 times.... OK. Yes, that would be a solution. I'll
>continue looking for others. GnuCash or even Quicken are starting to
>look good if I have to shell out more money.

Moving to Quicken should work. They have a nice converter that can
convert from you. It must have Money Plus or Money 2007 installed
and working to work. You can use the Money Plus free 60-day Trial if
you want to do the conversion. I suggest you complete the conversion
by the time the trial happens.

If you can get GnuCash to do what you want, that would be a solution
that would free you from paying. Totally free.

> I don't understand why I
>can't just download the software again. I have a key. I have a
>receipt. Are the downloads keyed to a specific license key somehow?

They sold an extended download service option.

0
Cal
11/22/2009 5:48:34 AM
Robert,
     I was recently in a similar situation when I upgraded to Windows 7.  I
sent you an email that should have some suggestions to help you resolve this.
 Thanks.

-JP

"robert.larson.at.gmail" wrote:

> I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have
> the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original
> download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person
> for not saving a backup of that.
>
> I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct
> upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically
> not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits
> this will be a problem.
>
> Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the
> existing Money (by copying the Program Files\Money tree and perhaps
> the registry keys for Money? Ugh...)
>
> Ideally, I'd love to find a copy of the install media. But alas so far
> my search as not turned up such a gem. Can anyone give suggestions of
> how do recover from this?
> .

I am interested in this solution as well.  I had to reformat my  hard drive
& did not have a copy of the digital river money 2006 deluxe, which I can no
longer get despite my best efforts.  I do have a complete duplication of my
prior system/hard drives with the program installed.  Any suggestions?

Niki

"JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Robert,
>     I was recently in a similar situation when I upgraded to Windows 7.  I
> sent you an email that should have some suggestions to help you resolve
> this.
> Thanks.
>
> -JP
>
> "robert.larson.at.gmail" wrote:
>
>> I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have
>> the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original
>> download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person
>> for not saving a backup of that.
>>
>> I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct
>> upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically
>> not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits
>> this will be a problem.
>>
>> Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the
>> existing Money (by copying the Program Files\Money tree and perhaps
>> the registry keys for Money? Ugh...)
>>
>> Ideally, I'd love to find a copy of the install media. But alas so far
>> my search as not turned up such a gem. Can anyone give suggestions of
>> how do recover from this?
>> .

money locks up
I am using Money 2000 standard that came with Works Suite 2000. I just installed a new hard drive and then reinstalled all the CD's with Works suite. I also had the back up data so that was also installed. Now if I use money for very long it will lock up and I cannot get out only by shutting off the computer with the manual off button and lose data I have entered. If I let the program sit for 5 minutes without entering information it also locks up. What isn't right? ...

Money 2004 and Norton Antivirus
When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I couldn't find any information on how to do it. I've searched Microsoft's site, but still can't find any information. Has anyone found anything about using Money with antivirus software? "Steve" <steve2896@hotmail.com> wrote in news:#1gyCI7VDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > When I installed Money 2004 it said I need to setup my antivirus > software to work with Money 2004, but when I followed the link, I > couldn't f...

Earn money without investment
Are you looking for money without investment? Get paid to view ads. Any one can do this simple ad viewing job. Also earn per referral. No experience required. All you need are computer and internet. Earn handsome income from the comfort of your home. Hurry up! Join today. Visit for details. http://viewbestads.com/ref/MjA5NzYyaXY= ...

moving outlook to a new computer
A sudden and unexpected component fault(graphics chip) on the motherboard of my laptop necessitated the purchase of a new laptop. I had not backed up any data from the old machine, but have now restored all my documents and files via an external hard drive adaptor. Unfortunately I'm struggling to transfer my Outlook data to the new laptop from the old drive. I have followed the Import/Export wizard in Outlook to import the .pst file after saving it from the old hard drive, but just get the following message "This Personal Folder file (.pst) is already in use in the curre...

Money 2004 #9
Just 'upgraded' to Money 2004 from Money 2003. One stock investment I track in Money has had several splits over the years. M2004 increased my number of shares by approx 40%. No other investment I track seems to have this problem. As I have the last M2003 entries backed up, I suppose I could try to remove M2004 then reload M2003; then upgrade to M2004 yet again. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any workarounds known? ...

Web upgraded money recover
I downloaded the 60 day trial of Money 2004 6 months ago. I then used the web upgrade to get the full license. My hard drive crashed this week. I have backups of all my money files. My problem is, how can I get a replacement of my web upgrade? I already paid once, is there someone I can call at MS to get a replacement license key, or do I have to purchase it again? Search postings for newsgroup microsoft.public.money using an advanced search at http://groups.google.com. You will find your answer there. And next year, please just go buy the CD like us other folk. "Ian" <ia...

Money 2006 file repair application error

MS money 2004 Deluxe canadian edition
Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps taking me to US only version purchase options. The MS Money web site couldn't have been less helpful. Derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have >found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. No Deluxe. > >I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but >...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

How to move a file?
When saving a document into a file I'd like to move the old version into a backup directory (and rename it using the date and time). Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. But does the OS have a way to move a file without copying? Pat Crowe wrote: > When saving a document into a file I'd > like to move the old version into a backup directory > (and rename it using the date and time). > Using CFile, as I am, I could copy it of course. > > But does the OS have a way to move a file > without copying? You could try: BOOL MoveFileEx(LPCTSTR lpExistin...

Moving Dynamics
Can someone direct me to updated infomation on How to move GP 10 to a new server box with SQL 2008 KB article 878449 still applies and has updated information for SQL Server 2008. -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "tstrop" wrote: > Can someone direct me to updated infomation on How to move GP 10 to a new > server box with SQL 2008 ...

Cannot move emails between folders

can servers be moved between administrative groups?
Below is an extract from the 70-284 MS training kit. I am totaly confused i have been told in this newsgroup by an MVP that you can not move a server once installed to a different administrative group and have also read elsewhere that you cannot but Microsoft below say you can in both modes. Subsequent Exchange servers are added to routing groups during the installation process,and if necessary, you can move servers between routing groups using Exchange System Manager. The only caveat is that in mixed mode, you cannot move servers between routing groups that belong to different administrative...

Move/Copy A Row Based on Formulas to a New Worksheet
I want to move several rows of sub-totals (averages within sub-groups) to a summary worksheet, but I get the Ref error. How can I copy sub-group averages to another worksheet? Thank you. high light and copy. select where you want it. edit>paste special>values. this will turn you formulas into hard numbers. you are getting the #Ref error because on the other sheet where you pasted the formulas, the formula no longer had the same references that they had on the other sheet. for example: =sum(a1:a10) in cell a11 you copy and paste on another sheet at cell a1. excell tries to compensat...

Unable to restore Money file in MM 2006
Greetings once again all... Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try. It either asks me for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger. And when I do manage to get beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts. Could anyone please help? Elaine...

Reinstalling Money 2004
Back in 2003/4 I tried the 2004 Trial and then upgraded online. My hard drive just went bad, so I'm reinstalling everything on a new drive. How do I re-activate 2004 from the trial install? I don't have the non-trail download. I do have my activation code. If you go to tools... upgrade money... it take me to a website that redirect you to buying Money 2006. Thanks. Did you keep your confirmation email? I believe the activation page would be listed in there. The web pages that support the activation should still be up, but I think you need to navigate to them directly. Th...

New POS Announcement
Following the announcment from Microsoft on their website here: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/POS_announcement.mspx I take it this splits the RMS solution into two?: RMS (Store Ops & HQ) & POS as a stand alone app... We are just about to invest in RMS here in the United Kingdom. Looking like a single lane store ops installation. This announcment however makes me slightly nervous as it potentially could save us both time and money if we decide to invest in this new product. Having checked the comparisions and look and feel of the product I'm no...

Trouble Importing Vendors into Items in a New Database
We are using a Microsoft SQL database import utility and have successfully imported all items into their respective departsment with the correct tax IDs ect. We cannot import the supplier choices into each item. What would be the quickest way to set each item up with their appropriate supplier choice? This customer has almost 1500 items and he doesn't look forward to enter each item by hand with its supplier setting. Hi Big Dave - where you able to import the suppliers into the supplier table ? - items are then linked to suppliers in the supplierlist table on item.id = supplierlist...

Can I delete everything on MSN Money?
Hello, I seem to have lots of problems syncronizing my MSN Money information with the web. It seems to work fine for a few months, then, for no reason, I start to get syncronization errors. I have signed up for multiple passports, because when these problems start, it seems that I get tons of multiple accounts. For example, on my one MSN Money account I have 15+ old accounts that I can't delete. 1. How do I delete ALL of the information out on MSN Money for my passport account? 2. How do I keep the syncronization from breaking in the future? Any tips or advice would be g...

Prices and cost Set to zero when exporting a new store
When I export a new store with 1.2.085v from headquarters all the cost and price information is set to zero. I have seen that there is a fix for 1.3v but i cannot seem to find any other fix for our version. Any suggestions? Thanks Joe Just run worksheets to update the cost and price. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Joe Gonzalez wrote: > When I export a new store with ...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Right Click Safari 404 and paste into Word 2008 only showing address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Example. I open gmail.com. Right click on the Gmail logo to &quot;copy image&quot; not the &quot;copy image address&quot; option. Then, I open Word 2008 and paste. All I get is the address, not the logo image. If I repeat and use Text Edit (Apple) instead, it works as expected. Is this a bug with Word? Or am I missing a preference setting here set up by default that needs adjusted? Apparently it has to do with how Safari populates the Clipboard � I have no problem pasting the logo with F...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...