Money won't connect to my bank since October 2006

I bought MS Money back in Sept 2006.  Just one money later it stopped
connecting to my bank b/c of some security changes Key Bank put through.
Since then, Money has basically been a glorified check writing program for my
small biz.

I download the OFX files (or whatever they're called) from my bank's website
and I back-date it to when I opened my biz account.  Even so, Money ALWAYS
shows my balance as being the red somehow, even when my bank has something
very different to say.  I'm no accountant and my problem-solving patience
isn't infinite so Money's only use to me now 1) save time writing checks and
2) produce electronic reports of the contractors I pay when I have to create
1099-misc forms at tax time.

It's very frustrating that 9 months on Key Bank and Microsoft haven't worked
out their differences.  Just thought I'd finally chime in after all this time.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Have you thought to manually input your transactions?

"On-Site MassageWorks" <On-Site MassageWorks@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:30B5BCA0-6B49-4038-86A5-28D85808CAA1@microsoft.com...
>I bought MS Money back in Sept 2006.  Just one money later it stopped
> connecting to my bank b/c of some security changes Key Bank put through.
> Since then, Money has basically been a glorified check writing program for
> my
> small biz.
>
> I download the OFX files (or whatever they're called) from my bank's
> website
> and I back-date it to when I opened my biz account.  Even so, Money ALWAYS
> shows my balance as being the red somehow, even when my bank has something
> very different to say.  I'm no accountant and my problem-solving patience
> isn't infinite so Money's only use to me now 1) save time writing checks
> and
> 2) produce electronic reports of the contractors I pay when I have to
> create
> 1099-misc forms at tax time.
>
> It's very frustrating that 9 months on Key Bank and Microsoft haven't
> worked
> out their differences.  Just thought I'd finally chime in after all this
> time.

0
cconover (193)
6/11/2007 7:37:30 PM
In microsoft.public.money, On-Site MassageWorks <On-Site
MassageWorks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I bought MS Money back in Sept 2006.  Just one money later it stopped
>connecting to my bank b/c of some security changes Key Bank put through.
>Since then, Money has basically been a glorified check writing program for my
>small biz.
>
>I download the OFX files (or whatever they're called) from my bank's website
>and I back-date it to when I opened my biz account.  Even so, Money ALWAYS
>shows my balance as being the red somehow, even when my bank has something
>very different to say.  I'm no accountant and my problem-solving patience
>isn't infinite so Money's only use to me now 1) save time writing checks and
>2) produce electronic reports of the contractors I pay when I have to create
>1099-misc forms at tax time.
>
>It's very frustrating that 9 months on Key Bank and Microsoft haven't worked
>out their differences.  Just thought I'd finally chime in after all this time.

Key bank shows as having real direct OFX servers. However you might
have to set it up at https://www.key.com/html/E-3.html first. If you
have done that, I would try disabling the account for online access
and then set it up again for online access.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/11/2007 7:56:20 PM
Easy fix, I had the same problem. You need to uncheck "Do not save encrypted
pages to disk" in the advanced tab in Internet Options. All Money Updates
will work now!!!

"On-Site MassageWorks" <On-Site MassageWorks@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:30B5BCA0-6B49-4038-86A5-28D85808CAA1@microsoft.com...
>I bought MS Money back in Sept 2006.  Just one money later it stopped
> connecting to my bank b/c of some security changes Key Bank put through.
> Since then, Money has basically been a glorified check writing program for
> my
> small biz.
>
> I download the OFX files (or whatever they're called) from my bank's
> website
> and I back-date it to when I opened my biz account.  Even so, Money ALWAYS
> shows my balance as being the red somehow, even when my bank has something
> very different to say.  I'm no accountant and my problem-solving patience
> isn't infinite so Money's only use to me now 1) save time writing checks
> and
> 2) produce electronic reports of the contractors I pay when I have to
> create
> 1099-misc forms at tax time.
>
> It's very frustrating that 9 months on Key Bank and Microsoft haven't
> worked
> out their differences.  Just thought I'd finally chime in after all this
> time.

0
guest (34)

remote user with Outlook who use high speed connections
After the MSBlaster worm, none of my remote users can access their email using Outlook through their high speed internet connection. I assume it is because ISP's are blocking the 135 port now. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? I know Web access is one way but my users would rather just use Outlook and I don't want to configure them to use Outlook Express. I wish I could get my hands on the jerk that created MSBLASTER! Your other option is to have the users VPN into your network. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Transactions in Money for Pocket PC
When I sync my desktop Money with my PDA, on my PDA, the transactions are all listed in chronological order, but they aren't entered that way in Desktop Money. Any way to get the transactions in Pocket Money to be arranged by order of entry as they are in Desktop Money? I don't think you can. There are no sort options anywhere within the Money for Pocket PC program -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsof...

sync two pocket pcs into one Money
Is there an upgrade to sync the transactions of two individual pocket pcs with our Money 2004 on our desktop? Of course when one of us gets the message that we want Active Sync to use the current device, it messes up the transactions/balances on the pocket pc. Appreciate any suggestions. There isn't a way to do that, Terry. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Terry" <mtba1@msn.com> wrote in message news:301c001c46dad$1d5424c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an upgrade to sync the transactions of two > individual pocket pcs with our Money 2004 on our > desktop? Of cour...

Online access to two accounts at same bank
I just opened a new checking account at the same bank where we maintain our regular checking account. I want to set up Money 2004 for online access to this second account (to download transactions, pay bills, etc.), but can't figure out how. All I find are screens which show my existing account and give me the option to change it. I can't figure out how to *add* another account at the same bank (with a separate username and password) and have online access to both. Thank you very kindly in advance for any suggestions. In microsoft.public.money, Banister Stairwell wrote: ...

Bank balance issue on Account List page
Just noticed after converting to '08 that two accounts are showing Zero (0) Adj Balance but the Bank Balance column show a negative entry. I viewed each account and confirmed that the starting balance was 0 and the current balance was 0 so not sure why these two accounts are showing up having a negative Bank Balance. I also confirmed that at least one account was Balanced to the bank but that didn't fix the issue. Besides a possible repair fixing the issue, is there another solution or something else I didn't do? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Geekster wrote: >...

2006 Money vs. new version
I have Money 06 - is there a big difference in features to Money Essentials or Money Deluxe? I'm wondering if it's worth the money to upgrade. Essentials is a toy version for people who have never used Money before. It won't upgrade a data file from "Money Beyond The Essentials". So, is there a benefit worth the upgrade going from M06 to M+ Deluxe? The only major one is the Money Insight background tool in M+. There is also the "nuke the bills" repair tool in M07 and the extension of online services. Pretty thin gruel. "Kelly" <Kelly@discus...

MSN Bill Pay or just use my bank's?
My bank offers online bill payment through their website. However, doing it through the website requires that I first enter it online and then waste time duplicating the same information in my Microsoft Money file. I'm wondering... Is it worth the $2.95 per month to get MSN Bill Pay? Is it more fully integrated with the program? I hate having to go out to the bank's site to fuss with this stuff only to then redundantly key it all in again. -Jeff "Jeff P" <jeffpNO@SPAMruralramp.net> wrote in message news:11dbp50gh18fm66@corp.supernews.com... > My bank off...

Exchange 2003 Connection Filtering
I have started to use connection filtering for Exchange 2003 to filter using RBL's. Does Exchange 2003 keep a log file, or is there a way to filter any specific log files to find out which connections are dropped? Thanks in advance. ...

Money 2007 wont sign in
My Live ID has not changed, nor my password. Yet when I try to log in , it tells me my e-mail address or password is not correct. Been working until today. There a system problem? As I am signed on to Live Messenger and Windows Live Mail with no issues. Thanks By the way, when I choose not to use online services the file opens up normally. "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uArXldN7IHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My Live ID has not changed, nor my password. Yet when I try to log in , it > tells me my e-mail address or pass...

Money 2007
So far upgrading to Money 2007 has not caused any serious problems for me. However, I am extremely disappointed with Microsoft's decision to eliminate a very simple, useful function. In past versions one could highlight multiple items in the Bills section and easily determine how the account balance would be affected if the selected bills were paid. I have discussed this problem with several friends who also used the function extensively. For this reason alone, most of them will not upgrade. Has no one out there noticed the deficiency, or is it just something my small group of f...

Microsoft Money 99 Keeps Prompting for CD at Startup
I have Microsoft Money 99, Basic. Okay, so it's older software, but it's fine for us. (Windows 2000 laptop, 350 MHz machine--yeah, kind of older.) It works fine except for one thing: it keeps prompting for the CD when the software is started up. We have to keep cancelling its prompting for the CD to procede. We did turn off audio help, but it still does this. Tips? LRH I rebooted the computer (it had not been rebooted since installation), that fixed it. "Larry R Harrison Jr" <noone@noone.com> wrote in message news:LAoZc.185978$sh.30089@fed1read06... > I have ...

Money 2000 & 100% CPU
Hi, all Yes, I'm still using Money 2000 because I can't upgrade from the Canadian Deluxe version. I've recently noticed that, when Money is waiting for input in an account, the CPU usage goes to 100%. I don't think it was doing this a few weeks ago. Any ideas? Thanks - rick ...

Using MDE file to connect to SQLServer via ODBC
Anyone have experience connecting an MDE file to an instance of SQLServer via ODBC? (Which should be yes). The scenario that I'm in is that I was going to use a ADP file, but then got word that MS has officially backpeddled indicating that ODBC is the best means of connecting to SQLServer. If the server was going to be in the same city, I wouldn't sweat it, however we're looking at having the server housed in Atlanta in support of several other offices that will be using the app. What issues should I be aware of? What about general performance? David C. Holley...

Microsoft Support Lifecycle and Money 97 Quote Download
I have been advised that the Microsoft Support Lifecycle shows that versions of Money prior to 2002 are no longer supported so Microsoft cannot guarantee functionality for older versions. While the Money 97 and before quotes were not removed intentionally, the quote failure will not be fixed. Details can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];lifeconhdmu. Also www.microsoft.com/money for info about M2004. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mny...

Specify additional host in Internet Mail Service Connections
Can somebody tell me the proper way to specify an additional host to accept mail messages from my Internet Mail Service? In the Internet Mail Service Properties under the 'Connections' Tab I have an IP address specified in the 'Message Delivery' portion of the screen. The option to 'Forward all messages to host:' is selected. If I were to want to forward to another host (for load balancing purposes) can I simply enter a comma and a second IP address or is there more to it? If so what else do I have to do if I want to forward my mail to two different SMTP ...

Can't get download to import into Money Plus using Vista
I am using Money Plus and I am having trouble getting my downloads to merge into money. Once I try to open the OFX file it comes up with a screen asking me to pick fonts etc. and then opens it as a text document rather than merging into Money Plus directly. I got it to download once after I installed Money Plus, but not again since then. If I try to save the file onto my computer instead, it will let me do that, but still will not import into Money Plus. I am using Vista OS. Any ideas out there to try? Anita Anita wrote: > I am using Money Plus and I am having trouble getting m...

Money 2004 Can't Open Money 2000 File
I can't import my Money 2000 file using the Money 2004 trial I downloaded. I get the message: "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version." How can I upgrade using my current file? You need to use the same domestic version of Money as the 2000 version. For instance, US can only convert to US, UK to UK, etc. If you try to convert a UK file to the US version of Money, you will receive this error. "Nicholas" <ntrevatt@pacific.net.au> wrote in message news:0bc501c39ee7$27a45160$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I can't import my ...

Money 2005 Deluxe Trial Edition Won't Open Up OFC Files?
I have the trial version of Microsoft Money Deluxe and I am having difficulty with opening OFC (Money) files to import into my register. It is saying that the ofc file is not a 32Bit Windows application? Is this due to the trial version (it mentioned something about maybe not being able to open all money files w/the trial version) --- I Don't want to upgrade if I can't import files --- Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!! -- David J. Foy In microsoft.public.money, Dave Foy wrote: >I have the trial version of Microsoft Money Deluxe and I am having difficulty >with open...

Having Pb openning/saving fax(Tif format) on Outlook 2003 since a Week plz help
Hi All, Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't chage anything to my outlook config, before that I could receive fax read and save them wihout any Pb Thank's for your help In news:uezjdMqRHHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, bbnimda <wahhhran-vba@yahoo.fr> typed: > Hi All, > > Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't > chage anything to my outlook config, > > before that I could receive fax read and save them wihout any Pb > > > Thank's for your help Hi - I suggest you post in ...

Money 2006 Premium
Does anyone know how to fix mistakes while entering Splits, Spin-offs or Mergers? Apparently there is no way to "undo" or "delete" any mistake. In fact if a Split or any other similar activities is entered then even though the program automatically adjusts the number of shares, cost basis, etc. but once the action has taken place i.e. the transaction has been entered then there is no way to view or review the instructions. Would appreciate if anyone who has faced similar problems can advise how this problem can be resolved. In microsoft.public.money, vkm wrote: >...

Eliminate Data connection Security Prompt
I have an Excel file that get data from a SQL Server Stored Procedure that is accessed through a SQL Server login. Currently a Login box comes up and I need to enter the user and password. Is there any way that I can prevent the login dialog from showing. The SQL Server Login that I am using has readonly permissions without a password and I would like to make it easier for my users to refresh the data in the workbook. TIA Dean yeah, screw Excel use Access without a password you fucking dipshit; never, ever, ever, ever, ever do that -Aaron (but yuo should be able to setup a DSN that wou...

Canadian Bank
I am c canadian user who would like to switch from Quicken to Money. However i cannot find that Royal Bank of Canada is in the list of supported Banks. Any idea. Maybe the name is different or.. No problem. Just make sure your bank offers online banking. Not all banks are listed, mine wasn't when I first got money and it worked fine. Just make sure your bank infact offers online banking and that you are signed up to it. Than make sure that your bank allows you to export the banks information from their website, in Money or Quicken format, to your computer and into Money. B...

Year-end reconciliation in Money 2004 SB
I remember that at one time I was told to do a year end reconciliation and backup my MSMoney file for each year. I did except I found myself upgrading each year so it seamed redundant. With what I've heard of Money 2005 I am not going to upgrade this year but I have since forgotten how to do this and would like some help. Thanks ahead of time... Tom Padilla ...

Money 2003 Color Schemes
Anyone know where I can get additional color schemes? Or know how to produce one's own? -- Ranger Gord rangergord@hotpop.com --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.507 / Virus Database: 304 - Release Date: Aug04-03 ...

transfer money 2003 program to a new computer
i want to transfer money 2003 to a new computer. can i just use the old cd and put it in the new computer and install it or does microsoft require anything to be done like uninstall etc i would like it on both computers can i do this or do i have to take it off the old one? You can just install from the CD on the new computer. This will **not transfer your data**. Unless one machine is a notebook and the other a desktop and you use them per the license agreement, you are not licensed to have Money installed on both machines at once. Whether or not you let this stop you, I leave to your cons...