Money Update in Progress

Hello all-

Yesterday I purchased the download version of Money 2006 Premium. The
download of the webinstall and the initial install went fine and then it told
me that some features would not be available until Money finished downloading
the rest of the program. The program has been running for about 24 hours now
and it still shows "Download 1% complete". This seems to be taking a little
longer than it should.

I have tried restarting the program, reinstalling the program to kick the
download process off again, but it never gets beyond 1%.

I made an attempt at using Microsoft's email and/or live chat support
services, but even there I seem to run into a dead end. When I enter my
Product ID it says, " The product ID number you entered is not valid or is
not in the correct format. Please enter a valid product ID number and try
again. Make sure the product ID number is of the form:
12345-XXX-7654321-98765."

I am entering the product ID correctly and I have checked for any typos. Is
anyone else having these issues? I would really like to get the rest of my
program and use it, so if there are any tips or tricks or even better, a
place where I can just manually download the missing parts of the program and
install it myself?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.

1
Bryan1 (123)
7/21/2005 11:13:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I am having the exact same problem with no progress on the download. -Ron

"Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all-
>
> Yesterday I purchased the download version of Money 2006 Premium. The
> download of the webinstall and the initial install went fine and then it
> told
> me that some features would not be available until Money finished
> downloading
> the rest of the program. The program has been running for about 24 hours
> now
> and it still shows "Download 1% complete". This seems to be taking a
> little
> longer than it should.
>
> I have tried restarting the program, reinstalling the program to kick the
> download process off again, but it never gets beyond 1%.
>
> I made an attempt at using Microsoft's email and/or live chat support
> services, but even there I seem to run into a dead end. When I enter my
> Product ID it says, " The product ID number you entered is not valid or is
> not in the correct format. Please enter a valid product ID number and try
> again. Make sure the product ID number is of the form:
> 12345-XXX-7654321-98765."
>
> I am entering the product ID correctly and I have checked for any typos.
> Is
> anyone else having these issues? I would really like to get the rest of my
> program and use it, so if there are any tips or tricks or even better, a
> place where I can just manually download the missing parts of the program
> and
> install it myself?
>
> Thank you in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.

0
rmann7 (7)
7/23/2005 5:12:20 PM
Don't you guys realize it is cheaper and much safer to buy the product
at a store and have a hard copy CD in hand? I wish you luck either
getting the product to work for you on your computer OR getting your
money back from Microsoft. Steve

0
sjcohen730 (458)

Re: Money Not Handling Like Transactions the Right Way
Carl, tks for your reply. - I believe this problem is within MS Money, and how it is perceiving two like transactions when it downloads transaction from my checking account. Following germane: - This is not QIF statements, it is the automatic downloading of transactions from my bank. I provide MS Money the username and password, and it downloads the transactions. SOP. - The monthly transfers are from my checking account to T. Rowe Price via monthly debit set up long ago. - Both individual transactions show up properly when I access my checking account via my bank website - Both t...

Money 2004 shuts down without warning
This is a new one on me. But I see from a Google search that this problem also strikes 05. The solution in 05 is apparently to go to Tools/Settings/Program settings and choose a page other than Investment Performance to open with. I am able to open the sample.mny file and I guessed at what the appropriate change was for 04 -- in other words, I chose to open Money on something other than the Inv Performance page. But my main file still crashes on opening (no error message, nothing, it just opens and crashes before I can really see anything). Any suggestions? This is getting even we...

Recipient Update Service Explanation Please
Hi Could someone explain or point me for explantation in using RUS in the following scenario. I have read the online help in ESM and also at Microsoft, but they are not very clear. We have 4 Exchange servers 2003 +SP1 in 3 remote sites, each having a DC + GC, and one windows 2000 AD Domain. Do I create only _one_ domain RUS on single Exchange server in SiteA, point to the Exchange server and DC in that site OR can I create a domain RUS on each Exchange Server and point it to the DC in that site where Exchange server is SiteB and SiteC.? I have had occassions when a new user is created...

[ANN] Super Tuesday Update is March 11
Be sure to subscribe to the Entourage Help Blog to get the latest info and help installing Office for Mac 2008 update 12.0.1. Reminder you must have AutoUpdater (MAU) 2.1.1 installed to get notified. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> NetNewsWire is now a free newsreader. Safari also includes RSS feeds. RSS Reader for Mac - NetNewsWire <http://www.newsgator.com/Individuals/NetNewsWire/Default.aspx> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/&...

Money 2005 Beta
The Microsoft Money Team would like to invite you to participate in their upcoming beta program for Microsoft Money 2005. Our goal is to have a well targeted group of testers willing to actively participate and provide useful feedback to our development team. Please carefully consider your willingness and ability to test Money 2005. Your feedback will be critical to the success of our product. Regular and consistent participation throughout the program is expected. Some of the great features of Microsoft Money 2005 are: *Find what you need quickly. Easy yet powerful, Money works with ...

Unable to open money
I installed Money 2004 in September on my new Dell computer. It has worked flawlessly - until last week! Now, when I attempt to open it I get: "Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from your original product disks." When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Do you want to check the installation of Money 2004?" When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Finished! Money 2004 Installation Checker did not find any problems with this installation." When I click on the "OKAY" box, it closes. I get ...

update for 2010?
For office beta 2010, will we be able to get updates, fixes? Suppose that there is a bug fixed at ON 2010 beta, will we be able to upgrade the beta version? Or will we be using the same version until the final product is on sale? Thanks There will likely be at least one more public build available before RTM (Release to Manufacturing) but I wouldn't expect any incremental bug fixes like a released product. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/onenote.htm "minimus" <mini...

Money imports ATM withdrawals as a payment-ALWAYS
Numerous ATM withdrawals, the ones in quantities of $50, $100, $200, money always imports them and auto identifies them as "Columbus City Treasurer - Water" and catagorizes them as "Utilities:Water" The ones that add $1.50 or $2.00 to totals of like $52.00 and the such get imported as ATM Withdrawals, which they are. This is the bigest annoyance. Money 2003 on XP, online banking with Huntington National Bank. The ATM withdrawals are the only ones that I've noticed that seem to be reliably messed up. TIA. Support, any ideas? "news.microsoft.com" <m...

Downloading Additional program files for Money 2006
I have had to re-download Money 2006 Deluxe to my laptop and said OK to download the additional program files necessary so that I can use Budget and other features. The download is not happening, I have re-booted several times, changed the date back to 2006. What else can I do? I am so frustrated at this point. In microsoft.public.money, Steph wrote: >I have had to re-download Money 2006 Deluxe to my laptop and said OK to >download the additional program files necessary so that I can use Budget and >other features. The download is not happening, I have re-booted several &g...

update stock prices
I have about 200 csv files in a directory. For example, C:\myfolder\amd.csx, C:\myfoler\bux.csx, C:\myfolder\abc.csx .... The csv files have the following format: AMD, 12-Apr-00, 1.4, 1.3, 1.22, 1.5, 627044 AMD, 13-Apr-00, 1.33, 1.23, 1.45, 1.33, 667788 AMD..etc.. First value is the same as the file name, second value is a date (dd-mmm-yy), the rest are numbers. Now I have a .txt file. The format is: AMD, 091012, 1.88, 1.67, 1.45, 1.23, 345678 BUX, 091012, 11, 11.35, 10.9, 11.2, 627044 ABC, 091012, 10.86, 10.89, 10.75, 10.75, 476009 etc. The first value is the name...

Querys not updated
Recently we updated the databases from Access 97 to 2003. The querys were not updated and the ones that are needed to perform mail merge are not retreiving the data. The tables and the data is there, but is not being read. Is there a methos to update the querys ? The OS is XP for the clients and W 2000 for the server. Thanks in advance Alfredo -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200803/1 On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 04:27:13 GMT, "alfredoag via AccessMonster.com" <u11123@uwe> wrote: >Recently we updated the dat...

Update data from previous form?
I have a form (Protocol_IndexFrm --> Protocol_IndexTbl) which requires a protocol number to be inputted. From this form (Protocol_IndexFrm) the primary key is "protocol_index" which is a foreign key within a table called Couples_IndexTbl. When keying in the protocol information into form 1 (Protocol_IndexFrm) the user will have to append a couples information to this protocol. From the Protocol_IndexFrm there's a button that brings up the Couple_IndexFrm. But for some reason I cannot get the Couple_IndexFrm/Couple_IndexTbl to update the foreign keys field. Is there...

How to update Ft End Queries when changing Bk End Table Name?
I changed the name of a table on the Back End of the data base. I thought I could just repoint the queries in the Front End to the new table name by changing the query properties. Nope. Didn't work. How can I get the Front End to keep up with changes I make on the backend like changing a table name? thanks for any help. MyEmailList@gmail.com wrote: > I changed the name of a table on the Back End of the data base. > > I thought I could just repoint the queries in the Front End to the new > table name by changing the query properties. > > Nope. Didn't work. > &...

Update htm page with xml
I have an excel sheet that imports data from an XML document. This XML doc updates every hour. Excel takes the information from the XML and makes charts. I want to publish the Excel document as an htm file and put it on a web server so I can view the charts online. My question is...how do I get the htm file and graphs to update with the xml file? The numbers constantly change, so after an hour the graphs and stats are not accurate. How do I get them to sync to the XML? -- razorx8 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ razorx8's Profile: http://...

money plus #8
When I try to open one account the message pops up Money must close down. Other accounts work fine. Try repaire did not help. Probably messed up my computer with all the MSXml registering. Any ideas SOL XP Money plus ...

Why do non-default pst files update?
I have two pst files the default is 52MB and the other 45M. I only use the default so why is the other file have the same update date? Beemer In article <MPG.1a8d87a22dd282fd9896bc@news.microsoft.com>, Beemer@nowhere.com says... > I have two pst files the default is 52MB and the other 45M. I only > use the default so why is the other file have the same update date? > > Beemer > post cancelled - I read the file dates incorrectly Beemer ...

Money 2006 Canadian edition system miscalculations
I am using 2006 Canadian version. I have problems too but it is NOT an error of entry but rather the systems adding/subtracting miscalculations!!! Don't know how to correct the system. For example $300 + 500 = 1001 type thing. I also have problems in transferring funds where it insists that the currencies need to be the same when in fact they already are the same currencies and therefore will not allow me to make the entries. Drives me Wild. Anyone know how to fix??? ...

Office 10.1.5 update won't print
Since installing the 10.1.5 update, no MS Office doc will print via EtherNet to the school printer. Appleworks, Safari, etc, still work, but Office Docs seem to hang - they won't even go through to the print center app. Any ideas. In article <45e39df.0309081621.10c1b9aa@posting.google.com>, pdavies@cobweb.com.au (Paul Davies) wrote: > Since installing the 10.1.5 update, no MS Office doc will print via > EtherNet to the school printer. Appleworks, Safari, etc, still work, > but Office Docs seem to hang - they won't even go through to the print > center app. > &...

ms money 2004 #6
Is this program a rip? I had money 2004 running perfectly and the next thing I know it will not let me enter a new transaction. Allows me to do every other function but crashes when hitting enter. Have tied communicating with ms but keep directing me to my f\wall, and a\virus. I have done everything with those programs off my system and nothing. Whats up? ...

Microsoft Money 2007 #2
Recently purchased Microsoft Money 2007 online from Microsoft and downloaded to my PC. Installation was normal with no issues on operating system Win XP SP 2. I used Money 2003 before. Money 2007 state previous money files except for 98/99 can be opened. The files will be converted to Money 2007 format but backups of previous files would be stored. When I went through this process Money 2007 store the backups but come up with a error stating the Money 2003 files cannot be opened in Money 2007. No reason is given. Can anybody advice me what could possibly be the problem. I thought maybe i...

why doesnt my formula cell update automatically ?
=SUM(G5:G11) if I change any cell in the range, the sum is not performed. I have to select the sum cell, F2 then Enter in order to get the sum to work Check and make sure that calculation is set to automatic. Tools>Options>Calculation Biff "Wozza" <Wozza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54D1FA7-F8C3-4333-B243-34E516DE8A5D@microsoft.com... > =SUM(G5:G11) if I change any cell in the range, the sum is not performed. > I > have to select the sum cell, F2 then Enter in order to get the sum to work Thanks Biff...not sure how it got set to ma...

GP 9.0 Stock Count table update
What tables are updated in a Great plains stock count? Thanks. Stock Count ivStockCount IV10300 Stock Count Stock Count Line ivStockCountLine IV10301 Stock Count Stock Count Serial Lot ivStockCountSerialLot IV10302 Stock Count Stock Count U of M ivStockCountUofM IV10303 Stock Count Stock Count History IV30700 Stock Count Line History IV30701 Stock Count Serial Lot History IV30702 Stock Count IV10300 Stock Count Line IV10301 Stock Count Serial Lot IV10302 Stock Count U of M IV10303 Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get...

Excel Spreadsheets formulas don't update
Can anyone suggest how my formula are in active suddenly. If I had 1+1+2, and change one of the numbers to 1+2, I still get 2 in the sum. not knowing what your formula is but check Tools / Options / Calculations and Automatic should be checked -- grizz "GGirl" wrote: > Can anyone suggest how my formula are in active suddenly. If I had 1+1+2, and > change one of the numbers to 1+2, I still get 2 in the sum. ...

money 2002 show aust banks etc
how do i get money 2002 to show australian banks on it. and reflect australian tax implications? ...

Update prices on line not working
When I attempt to update prices in my portfolio via the on line option, I get this message: "Money was unable to connect to the online quote server. Check your internet connection and try again." I have been using Money 2004 for many months, and I have had no problems in the past. My internet connection is OK, because I get the Money updates OK. My ISP is AOL 9.0. Does anyone know whats happening? Al C. I had a similar problem and used some suggests in this forum and got it fixed. Basically, have to go to MSN Money and download "portfolio manager" in the investment...