Money stopped working with WAMU

Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money
downloads stopped working with those accounts.  I upgraded to Money Plus and
this is still not working.  Microsoft Support is non responsive.  Can anyone
help me resolve this problem?

Thanks,

0
-Lary (1)
11/27/2007 11:17:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

-Lary wrote:
> Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money
> downloads stopped working with those accounts.  I upgraded to Money Plus and
> this is still not working.  Microsoft Support is non responsive.  Can anyone
> help me resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks,

I downloaded two .OFX files to MS Money Plus Deluxe from WAMU this
morning without a problem so it must be a problem with your setup.  I'm
running XP SP2.  Are you using Vista?  I've heard that there are
problems with Vista that require special setup.

Al
0
w1qe.4 (20)
11/28/2007 12:52:04 PM
Lary,

Have you tried disabling and reenabling online services, and then merging
the duplicate accounts?
Have you checked the MSN Money "My Accounts" site to see if your accounts
will update there?

Can you explain your "Microsoft Support is non responsive" comment?
Did you submit an email support case? If so, and you've gotten "no" replies,
then it is more likely a problem with some junk email filters on your email
that is blocking your seeing any response.

-Mark

"Al Malone" <w1qe.4@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> -Lary wrote:
>> Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money
>> downloads stopped working with those accounts.  I upgraded to Money Plus
>> and this is still not working.  Microsoft Support is non responsive.  Can
>> anyone help me resolve this problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> I downloaded two .OFX files to MS Money Plus Deluxe from WAMU this morning
> without a problem so it must be a problem with your setup.  I'm running XP
> SP2.  Are you using Vista?  I've heard that there are problems with Vista
> that require special setup.
>
> Al

0
abcd7779 (838)
11/28/2007 4:42:32 PM
Downloading them from WAmu website and then importing them is a manual
proccess.

I am talking about having Money do the automatic online update.

If you even try to set up a new WAMU account using Money it states that
there was an error and you should try again later.

No problem with other banks/ creditcards...

-Lary

"Al Malone" wrote:

> -Lary wrote:
> > Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money
> > downloads stopped working with those accounts.  I upgraded to Money Plus and
> > this is still not working.  Microsoft Support is non responsive.  Can anyone
> > help me resolve this problem?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> I downloaded two .OFX files to MS Money Plus Deluxe from WAMU this
> morning without a problem so it must be a problem with your setup.  I'm
> running XP SP2.  Are you using Vista?  I've heard that there are
> problems with Vista that require special setup.
>
> Al

0
Lary (3)
11/28/2007 4:45:03 PM
Mark,
   Yes, I ave tried dissabling and reenabling the account.  It states that
the service is not functioning at this time and to try again later.  Mind you
that is just for WAMU not for other finnancial instituations.

MSN Money "My Account" is not updating either.

I submitted a case to Microsoft money.  They suggested all of the "Standard"
options that you just suggested.  I resonded back and they have not
responded. Email works fine.  I have them set as part of my white list as
well.

I went to the microsoft money support site and even submited a new ticket.
No response.  If you tell them their product doesn't work with Washington
Mutual's online support and ask them to check it out, I suspect that is why I
haven't recieved a response... it is still broken.  What are they going to
say?  Yup, its broke..sorry.

Anyone out there, try to setup their Money account with Washington Mutual.
You wil not get past the first step.  As soon as you select Washinton Mutual
from the list of banks, it will say that it is non responsive, or the service
is not currently available and to try again later.

-Lary

"Mark" wrote:

> Lary,
>
> Have you tried disabling and reenabling online services, and then merging
> the duplicate accounts?
> Have you checked the MSN Money "My Accounts" site to see if your accounts
> will update there?
>
> Can you explain your "Microsoft Support is non responsive" comment?
> Did you submit an email support case? If so, and you've gotten "no" replies,
> then it is more likely a problem with some junk email filters on your email
> that is blocking your seeing any response.
>
> -Mark
>
> "Al Malone" <w1qe.4@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > -Lary wrote:
> >> Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money
> >> downloads stopped working with those accounts.  I upgraded to Money Plus
> >> and this is still not working.  Microsoft Support is non responsive.  Can
> >> anyone help me resolve this problem?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> > I downloaded two .OFX files to MS Money Plus Deluxe from WAMU this morning
> > without a problem so it must be a problem with your setup.  I'm running XP
> > SP2.  Are you using Vista?  I've heard that there are problems with Vista
> > that require special setup.
> >
> > Al

0
Lary (3)
11/28/2007 5:10:04 PM
Try disabling the sync with MSN Money (on Money's Tools menu click Setting
and choose the first link: Receivce Account Updates..,)
Then try reenabling it.

-Mark

"-Lary" <Lary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mark,
>   Yes, I ave tried dissabling and reenabling the account.  It states that
> the service is not functioning at this time and to try again later.  Mind
> you
> that is just for WAMU not for other finnancial instituations.
>
> MSN Money "My Account" is not updating either.
>
> I submitted a case to Microsoft money.  They suggested all of the
> "Standard"
> options that you just suggested.  I resonded back and they have not
> responded. Email works fine.  I have them set as part of my white list as
> well.
>
> I went to the microsoft money support site and even submited a new ticket.
> No response.  If you tell them their product doesn't work with Washington
> Mutual's online support and ask them to check it out, I suspect that is
> why I
> haven't recieved a response... it is still broken.  What are they going to
> say?  Yup, its broke..sorry.
>
> Anyone out there, try to setup their Money account with Washington Mutual.
> You wil not get past the first step.  As soon as you select Washinton
> Mutual
> from the list of banks, it will say that it is non responsive, or the
> service
> is not currently available and to try again later.
>
> -Lary
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
>> Lary,
>>
>> Have you tried disabling and reenabling online services, and then merging
>> the duplicate accounts?
>> Have you checked the MSN Money "My Accounts" site to see if your accounts
>> will update there?
>>
>> Can you explain your "Microsoft Support is non responsive" comment?
>> Did you submit an email support case? If so, and you've gotten "no"
>> replies,
>> then it is more likely a problem with some junk email filters on your
>> email
>> that is blocking your seeing any response.
>>
>> -Mark
>>
>> "Al Malone" <w1qe.4@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>> > I downloaded two .OFX files to MS Money Plus Deluxe from WAMU this
>> > morning
>> > without a problem so it must be a problem with your setup.  I'm running
>> > XP
>> > SP2.  Are you using Vista?  I've heard that there are problems with
>> > Vista
>> > that require special setup.
>> >
>> > Al

0
abcd7779 (838)
11/28/2007 8:54:07 PM
No change.  It just hangs when it tries to update the accounts.

-Lary

"Mark" wrote:

> Try disabling the sync with MSN Money (on Money's Tools menu click Setting
> and choose the first link: Receivce Account Updates..,)
> Then try reenabling it.
>
> -Mark
>
> "-Lary" <Lary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mark,
> >   Yes, I ave tried dissabling and reenabling the account.  It states that
> > the service is not functioning at this time and to try again later.  Mind
> > you
> > that is just for WAMU not for other finnancial instituations.
> >
> > MSN Money "My Account" is not updating either.
> >
> > I submitted a case to Microsoft money.  They suggested all of the
> > "Standard"
> > options that you just suggested.  I resonded back and they have not
> > responded. Email works fine.  I have them set as part of my white list as
> > well.
> >
> > I went to the microsoft money support site and even submited a new ticket.
> > No response.  If you tell them their product doesn't work with Washington
> > Mutual's online support and ask them to check it out, I suspect that is
> > why I
> > haven't recieved a response... it is still broken.  What are they going to
> > say?  Yup, its broke..sorry.
> >
> > Anyone out there, try to setup their Money account with Washington Mutual.
> > You wil not get past the first step.  As soon as you select Washinton
> > Mutual
> > from the list of banks, it will say that it is non responsive, or the
> > service
> > is not currently available and to try again later.
> >
> > -Lary
> >
> > "Mark" wrote:
> >
> >> Lary,
> >>
> >> Have you tried disabling and reenabling online services, and then merging
> >> the duplicate accounts?
> >> Have you checked the MSN Money "My Accounts" site to see if your accounts
> >> will update there?
> >>
> >> Can you explain your "Microsoft Support is non responsive" comment?
> >> Did you submit an email support case? If so, and you've gotten "no"
> >> replies,
> >> then it is more likely a problem with some junk email filters on your
> >> email
> >> that is blocking your seeing any response.
> >>
> >> -Mark
> >>
> >> "Al Malone" <w1qe.4@earthlink.net> wrote in message

0
Lary (3)
11/28/2007 9:29:01 PM
Did doing this turn "off" the link or set it up?
In any case try turning it off again and remove all of the data from MSN
Money and then try setting it up again.

Use the process in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323964/en-us

The try setting it up/enabling it within Money again.

Be sure to have a Backup copy of your Money file before doing this.

> No change.  It just hangs when it tries to update the accounts.
>
> -Lary
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
>> Try disabling the sync with MSN Money (on Money's Tools menu click
>> Setting
>> and choose the first link: Receivce Account Updates..,)
>> Then try reenabling it.
>>
>> -Mark
>>
>> "-Lary" <Lary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mark,
>> >   Yes, I ave tried dissabling and reenabling the account.  It states
>> > that
>> > the service is not functioning at this time and to try again later.
>> > Mind
>> > you
>> > that is just for WAMU not for other finnancial instituations.
>> >
>> > MSN Money "My Account" is not updating either.
>> >
>> > I submitted a case to Microsoft money.  They suggested all of the
>> > "Standard"
>> > options that you just suggested.  I resonded back and they have not
>> > responded. Email works fine.  I have them set as part of my white list
>> > as
>> > well.
>> >
>> > I went to the microsoft money support site and even submited a new
>> > ticket.
>> > No response.  If you tell them their product doesn't work with
>> > Washington
>> > Mutual's online support and ask them to check it out, I suspect that is
>> > why I
>> > haven't recieved a response... it is still broken.  What are they going
>> > say?  Yup, its broke..sorry.
>> >
>> > Anyone out there, try to setup their Money account with Washington
>> > Mutual.
>> > You wil not get past the first step.  As soon as you select Washinton
>> > Mutual
>> > from the list of banks, it will say that it is non responsive, or the
>> > service
>> > is not currently available and to try again later.
>> >
>> > -Lary

0
abcd7779 (838)
11/28/2007 10:07:39 PM
Sorry about that.  I was not aware that WAMU supported automatic
updates.  It must not have been an option when I set up my WAMU accounts
on Money 2004.  I'll have to give it a try when I have some time to mess
with it.

Al

  -Lary wrote:
> Downloading them from WAmu website and then importing them is a manual
> proccess.
>
> I am talking about having Money do the automatic online update.
>
> If you even try to set up a new WAMU account using Money it states that
> there was an error and you should try again later.
>
> No problem with other banks/ creditcards...
>
> -Lary
>

> "Al Malone" wrote:
>
>> -Lary wrote:
>>> Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money
>>> downloads stopped working with those accounts.  I upgraded to Money Plus and
>>> this is still not working.  Microsoft Support is non responsive.  Can anyone
>>> help me resolve this problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>> I downloaded two .OFX files to MS Money Plus Deluxe from WAMU this
>> morning without a problem so it must be a problem with your setup.  I'm
>> running XP SP2.  Are you using Vista?  I've heard that there are
>> problems with Vista that require special setup.
>>
>> Al

0
w1qe.4 (20)
11/29/2007 3:01:26 AM
WAMU does not support direct service so you need to  connect using msn
billpay.  This is how I do it although it costs 5.95  a  month.
> Ever since Washington Mutual updated their website my Microsoft Money
> downloads stopped working with those accounts.  I upgraded to Money Plus
> and
> this is still not working.  Microsoft Support is non responsive.  Can
> anyone
> help me resolve this problem?
>
> Thanks,

0
pkeller (21)
12/3/2007 12:48:54 AM
"Paul " <pkeller@optonline.net> wrote in message
> WAMU does not support direct service so you need to  connect using
> msn billpay.  This is how I do it although it costs 5.95  a  month.

I have and like bill pay within Money, but it's free for me with
Wachovia. I assume WAMU has a billpay function on their web site. Do
you have that many bills for which you have to generate checks, to
justify the MSN bill pay fee? Why not get everything set up for direct
draft where prudent (utility companies, credit cards, banks) and use
the web site freebie for the few that remain?

Did you conclude that $6/month is worth it to save some hassle?
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)

exchange server side rules not working
Hi there We are running Exchange 2003 on a Small Business Server computer. A couple of weeks ago server-side rules created in Outlook stopped working. For instance, one rule forwards all incoming messages to my BlackBerry, and though the rule itself hasn't changed, it no longer works. I can't find anything on the net about troubleshooting server-side rules on Exchange Server. I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction Best regards Loane On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 18:47:31 +0200, "Loane Sharp" <look_sharp_not@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi there >W...

Money 2007: Online Updates
I have recently switched from Money 2005 UK to 2007 US. Glyn Simpson pointed me to a solution to a planner problem, and since then all has been well. However, (a) last week my Passport/Windows Live userid/password stopped working for a few hours (but worked fine on MSN, Hotmail, etc.) and then (b) online updates of prices and exchange rates stopped working. The Passport problem has disappeared, but the prices/exchange rate problem remains. However, I am able to successfully update my US bank accounts and the MSN Money My Account updates are also working. The message for Quotes, News, an...

Why are no features working in publisher?
On Microsift Publisher 2003. I can create a blank document but none of the features are working, ekg text box. ANy thoughts. I have tried re-installing but to no help. When I do reinstall it tells me I have max out. On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 16:27:07 +0000, Stecalder wrote (in article <4CADE41F-A2D4-459A-9D84-37AEF46F1CC0@microsoft.com>): > On Microsift Publisher 2003. I can create a blank document but none of the > features are working, ekg text box. ANy thoughts. I have tried re-installing > but to no help. When I do reinstall it tells me I have max out. WTF does "max out...

e-mail send button not working
I have noticed in the past week that the send button on messages to contact in Outlook does not send the message. When I go to close the message it asks to 'save'. I click yes. it is 'saved' but the message is not sent. when I go to the Drafts folder the message is there. I open it and try to send and it doesn't send the message. any thoughts on what I could have changed to give me this problem? Gordon in Alaska ...

stop online services
Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on the bank link. However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank. Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and downloading transactions and importing them into MM. In this case, in the Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads "Pro...

Stop WLM starting up when i log in!!!!!!!!!
How to stop WLM starting up automatically every time i login As you may guessed every option is switched off (including the one in Windows Live Mail) So how do i stop it? Greetings, Just to be clear, you mean logging into Windows is when it's starting? Or something else (like IE)? Assuming the former, as a starting point, pop open msconfig (Start, Run if using XP, then msconfig, then OK), and see if Windows Live Messenger is listed there. If it is, then you'll need to check again (or maybe turn back on and then turn off for some reason, which actually shoul...

Why Money 2002?
Why do I see some people talking about reverting to 2002? Why not 2007? As far as I know, only Money Plus (2008) requires activation. I think that depends on what channel you got the product through. IIRC--and my memory fails me a lot lately--only the boxed M07 product with the CD didn't require online activation. "drwtsn32" <drwtsn32@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4a81e5d9-5437-4677-85d4-dd5ebd0b67ff@v35g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Why do I see some people talking about reverting to 2002? Why not > 2007? As far as I know, only Money Plus (2008) requires ...

Submit All and Submit Selected not working in PWA "MyTasks" WebPar
Strangely on Project Web Access site in out of the box MyTasks web part we have following two issues. 1. We are not getting time phased view cell editable, what settings should be in place to make do the tiem sheet entry from my tasks web part ? 2. Submit All and Submit Selected button are not submiting any updates to the proejct manger , on click of these button simply the page gets refreshed and that is it. It does not save or submit any task details, Any idea ? Thank you. Nikhil Hi Nikhil, 1. To get timephased entry, you will need 2 things: a. Server Settings...

Win XP SP2 firewall prevents Money 2003 downloading transations
I recently installed Windows XP Service Pack 2. If I turn on the new firewall that comes as part of SP2, Money 2003 won't download transactions (either automatically or on command) from my banks and brokerages. Money works normally if I turn off the firewall. Anyone else experience this? Is there any way to have the firewall and a functioning Money program? Is Microsoft aware of this problem, and if not is there a way to advise them by email, rather than spending a lot of time on the phone? Have you tried reinstalling M2003? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK t...

Newly Created Function not Working
Hello I am using an excel function that I dropped into a VBA module. Th function works fine for me but when I copied the function into colleauges computer it is not working. We keep getting the error NAME returned. Any ides as to why this could be happening? We are bot running excel 2000. The function I am using is the sheetoffset functio if that helps at all -- nuve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

How does a manager know what activities their reps are working on
How does a customer service manager monitor her individual CSR queues from within her workspace? Can their be one master queue that can be accessed or does she have to monitor each queue separately? Can anything in the workplace be customized besides the personal settings of Sales view VS Service view? On a side note, I know that many of you are versed in the customization and implementation of MSCRM, but is anyone actually using the product as a "complete" CRM? Has anyone written a best practices in usage (not implementation or configuring)? How to bypass the shortcomin...

Microsoft Money 2003 Password help please
I have never used Money 2003 for doing anything other than debugging my MSN Portfolio when it refused to donwload transactions from Schwab over a year ago when certain OFX transactions were causing Brokerage download to abort. Support kept telling me to use Money, so I broke down and bought it (Money 2003) over a year ago. It did allow me to download brokerage data and see the audit trail of OFX transactions, and by trial and error I determined what was causing the problem. I couldn't get Schwab support to change what it was sending nor could I get MSN Portfolio support to allow download...

Applications disappear; shortcuts no longer work
XP home sp3 IE8 Last week while doing routine clutter removal I chose the option "Remove Windows Components which you no longer use". Big mistake! I no longer have Microsoft Paint, which I use very very frequently, and tonight when I went to paste some text onto Wordpad, I got a message saying "The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Wordpad.lnk refers to is unavailable. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use one or both of these. What gives? How do I get them back? I don't see the connection with Internet Explorer. Just go in...

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe vs Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
Does anyone know what the difference is between Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe? It appears to me that there is a difference because when I went to the amazon.com website to check out the prices they listed both programs at differenct prices. Money Plus Deluxe was more than Money 2007 Deluxe. I am currently using the Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 60 day trail version because I was using Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe but it stop the automatic online updating of my accounts, but the trail version does update automatically every day after I open the program. Any...

security of the Money file
A friend is considering installing Money on a laptop. Suppose that the laptop gets stolen and that the thief manages to sign in to Windows. If Money has a normal password, and "Remember my password" is not checked, how secure is the financial information? Not terribly. Search the web for access password crack. "Paul Pedersen" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message news:%23B$aNxATIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >A friend is considering installing Money on a laptop. Suppose that the >laptop gets stolen and that the thief manages to sign in to Windows. If &g...

Working with outlook in offline mode
I am using outlook 2000 to compose emails while i am offline at home. When i connect the laptop to the network the emails move to the sent items, however the intended reciepents does not recieve the emails. Can anyone help I presume you're using Exchange - what do you have in tools | services? Are the items showing up in your outbox when you hit send while offline? DSG wrote: > I am using outlook 2000 to compose emails while i am > offline at home. When i connect the laptop to the network > the emails move to the sent items, however the intended > reciepents does not recie...

Drag and Drop message works in some folders, not in others
Using Outlook 2003, installed over Outlook 2002, PST file for delivery location, no Exchange server, I can drag an email to some folders and not to others. I can't find anything different between the ones that work and the ones that don't. Any tips on where to look or what to change would be helpful. TIA, Dave Do you get any error messages? Are these always the same folders? If so; which ones? Have you already cleared your Deleted Items folder? and ran scanpst.exe against your pst-file? -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

How do I stop my Pivot tables from spelling out (blank)?
Whenever I have blank cells in the source data for my pivot tables in Excel, instead of the table returning a blank value, it spells out "(blank)". Is there any way to return a blank value, other than through changing all of the blank cells in the source data to " "? How about just changing the (blank) to a space bar--just type a space bar right in that cell in the pivottable itself. Debra Dalgleish has a pivottable addin that does this and lots more: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn.html PW wrote: > > Whenever I have blank cells in the source data ...

Money 2007 file wont update from one computer to another
Ok, I have a desktop with Vista and laptop with XP home. I use the notebook when Im away at work and the Vista desktop when Im home. When I got home I wanted my money file from the notebook to be transfered to the desktop but... when I copy the file from the notebook to my external USB HD and then paste it to the desktop to replace the existing one the file does not reflect changes made on the file version on the notebook. When I copy the file from the notebook to the USB HD and then open it it shows one balance. but when I then paste that file to the desktop it shows a different balan...

outlook today customzing shortcut doesn't work
I am a IT tech and one of my customer has a ibm thinkpad with outlook 2000 and when they click on the "customize outook today " shortcut nothing happens. I have reinstalled office 2000 and added windows service paks to no avail. how can i get this to work for my customer? he specially want this to work so that he can setup his task list to show only daily task from one to to another and not the whole list. ...

Hyperlinks don't work
I'm no longer able to click on hyperlinks in Outlook and be taken to that page. I get the message stating: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I've done nothing special to my system and a google search has not helped me. I run Norton AV and Zone Alarm Pro but these are not the problem. How can this be changed, Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q310049 "Paul" <pcostanza@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23NUXrZG5DHA.1852@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...

Money for life
I started making money for the rest of my life after i got into my own business but I wish I had started many years ago, check it out for yourself you will be glad you did. COPY CUT AND PAST THIS SITE http://www.mach90.com/pre.asp?username=mad4701 ...

microsoft money 2004 09-17-03
I just installed the Money 2004 on this computer and whenever I try to start the program, the error message: Reporting Details: This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft Money when the problem occurred; the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the IP address of your computer. What do I do? ...

string.Replace((char)146, (char)39) does not work?
Can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work? // Key = Char to find, Value = Char to replace. Hashtable specialChars = new Hashtable(); specialChars.Add((char)146, (char)39); foreach (DictionaryEntry entry in specialChars) { this.label.Text = this.label.Text.Replace(Convert.ToChar(entry.Key), Convert.ToChar(entry.Value)); } mohaaron wrote: > Can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work? Because C# strings are UTF-16, not some random extended ASCII encoding you've chosen to use. Hint: if you are casting numeric literals to System.Char, your code is pro...