Money Stopped Working Problem Solved! (or at least explained)

After the SP1 update my Money Plus Deluxe on Vista Ultimate would "stop
working" when I selected Portfolio or Help.
It turns out that the problem was a conflict with my Roboform program which
is a password fill-in program that attaches itself to web pages in order to
automatically enter my personal information.
Because Portfolio and Help look like web pages to Roboform, it tries to
attach and apparently crashes Money.
If I stop Roboform before starting Money all is well.  Alternatively, I can
start Money "as administrator" and that will work too.

0
Winter (16)
4/14/2008 2:30:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, winter wrote:

>After the SP1 update my Money Plus Deluxe on Vista Ultimate would "stop
>working" when I selected Portfolio or Help.
>It turns out that the problem was a conflict with my Roboform program which
>is a password fill-in program that attaches itself to web pages in order to
>automatically enter my personal information.
>Because Portfolio and Help look like web pages to Roboform, it tries to
>attach and apparently crashes Money.
>If I stop Roboform before starting Money all is well.  Alternatively, I can
>start Money "as administrator" and that will work too.

Thanks for the info.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Junk Mail and Detect and Repair wont work in Office 2003
I am trying to update the Outlook Junk Mail filters, KB914454 it wont let me in Office 2003 it continually shows the shield icon saying I have an update to complete when I do it fails, tried to repair, that fails too, should I try install even tho my software or CD is Office 2003 and I have SP2 on the computer already or is there a registry fix, do I really need Junk Mail, how can I stop this update from happening, I use AVG and it works fine ...

Problems installing Office 2004
I used a trial version of Office 2004 in my MacBook until it expired. I few days ago I bought I licensed Office 2004 - Student and teacher edition and tried to install it in the MacBook. I deleted the previous version by dragging all Office folder to trash. I inserted the CD but could not install using the installer since it did not appear active, so I copied the whole Office folder to the Applications. After this I tried to open an Office application, but no one opened. I tried to remove Office using the removal tool but that also did not open. Any suggestions of what should I do? ASPer...

Anyone want to make some money?
I tried to post this in the Commerical Services Forum, but I wasn't abl to. I need to have a simple spreadsheet made to help with the selling o cars. There are 2 people, Matt and Ken, that have both put in $X int starting a business of buying and selling used cars. The spreadshee needs to calculate investment, sales, and profit, and then divide it u 50/50. Here are the details: It needs to show, year, make, model, vin, date of purchase, location i was bought, price of purchase, advertising fee, method of advertising, place that if markes as YES will add $100 fee (named FEE) or if mark...

HTML spreadsheet problem
Hi, I have created a spreadsheet with Excel and have saved it to a HTML format to be browsed on the web. All works fine but the formatting has not been taken to the HTML version, and I have some fields that have capital letters in the HTML version that are small characters in the Excel format? Not really sure how this is possible? I have the same problem in reverse: internet pages opened in Excel are all fouled up. I think its due to the filters, the components that turn one sort of file into another. Sometimes, updating your filters will work. First, you might want to make sure that you...

CFileDialog drives me insane. Handle Problem ?
Hi, i want to communicate some strange Problems i have with CFileDialog. Hope someone can push in the right direction. 1. Problem: CFileDialog FileDlg(true); INT_PTR nResponse = FileDlg.DoModal(); if (nResponse == IDOK){}else{return;} LPSTR file = FileDlg.GetFileName().GetBuffer(); LPSTR folderPath = FileDlg.GetPathName().GetBuffer(); ULONGLONG fSize = GetFileSizeInByte(fileUrl.GetBuffer()); long GetFileSizeInByte(const char* sFileName) { std::ifstream f; f.open(sFileName, std::ios_base::binary | std::ios_base::in); if (f.eof()) { return 0; } if (!f.good()) { return -1; } ...

OWA logon problem #4
Hello all, here's my problem: Exchange 2003 with SP1 on Win2003 SP1 on a two-node-cluster. If the Clusterresource HTTP-Server restartet (after boot, crash or failover) nobody can logon to OWA because HTTP-Error 500 (Internal Server Error). After an administrator logged on via OWA (yes, he can !) all the other users can use OWA because they can log on now. Any idea ? Regards Ralf ...

Can't download bank statement to Money
I've not had this problem until today. No bank data is getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect this. Thanks for your help. Without more information from you, I can only tell you that I've not had any problems downloading bank data. Some useful information would be the bank you are using, the version of Money, and the error you are receiving. If you don't get an error, you may not have any transactions to download at this time. "Hannah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Stationery Problem with ImageMaps OL2K / 2K2
Good Evening All, Thanks in advance for your responses. I'm developing a pretty simple stationery for a customer. Basically it's a three row table with images used as headers and footers. The footer image has 7 e-mail addresses on it and I setup a simple inline imagemap to facilitate hyperlinking. All good so far. Note that I developed the page in Notepad, and tested it using Outlook 2000 SR-1. I've sent the e-mail friends and colleagues who also use Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, Opera, and others. They everybody was able to utilize the imagemap links... except the custom...

Problem with Outlook e-mail after installing Microsoft Publisher
I have not been able to send e-mails from Outlook after installing Microsoft Publisher. Any suggestions on how to remedy this sotuation? Are you getting an error? Is Outlook working okay through other programs? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Techblues" <Techblues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCCE2A75-8...

Problem with a date and concatenation
I got some data out of one of our in house databases and it comes out as 01/022206, for example..a missing second "/" (we need to FIX that damn databse too) I have thousands of these rows, and I need to do some analyses by date, so I need a correct date. So I was going to use text to columns> fixed width and separate the 01/02 from the 2006, then I would concatenate with (replacing the actual contents with the cell name of course) ="01/02"&"/"&"2006" But when I do the text to columns, I get the 2006 but I I don't get 01/02.. I get a...

MX/DNS problem in Exchange
One of my users (on SBS 2003) has intermittent problems sending mail to a particular user elsewhere. After some research, I found out that the recipient's mail mail servers were moved from one domain hosting provider to a new domain provider, but they left their website (xxx) & domain hosting (.com) with the existing domain provider. So... the recipient's domain, abc.com correctly resolves to an IP address at the old provider, 123.com. I can nslookup or ping abc.com, and it correctly resolves to the old IP address. However, the MX records (as tested externally via a websit...

problems compiling xsd in .Net 2003
Hi, I have an .xsd document (Inc_B.xsd) that "includes" two more from the same folder: <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc.xsd" /> <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc_A.xsd" /> They all have the same targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:ir="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" When I try to use xsd utility from .Net command prompt to compile Inc_B.xsd - I receive the following error: Could not find file '\Inc_B folder\Inc.xsd'. I need to assign 'Inc_B.xsd'...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

Working with Managed Allocation Funds
Are there any recomendations for working with managed allocation funds that don't have ticker symbols, but are made of up funds that do. For example, I have a CHET 529, which has as one of its options an "Agressive Managed Allocation Fund". That fund is actually comprised of a set of TIAA-CREF Funds (Equites, International Equity, Real Estate, etc.) which do have ticker symbols. Is there any way to set up this mapping, or should I just manually configure the asset allocation for the "wrapper" fund? Regards, Brian In microsoft.public.money, BrianLeonard wrote: &...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

IF Statement won't work
I am trying to include an IF statement on a spreadsheet using Excel 97, but the programme always interprets it as a text statement. I'm using the syntax IF(B4>A3,D1,0) or (test,value if true,value if false) which appears to be correct but the problem won't go away. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Did you type an = sign in front of the IF? =IF(B4>A3,D1,0) The = tells Excel this is an expression, not a string. Lee Schipper "Caliban" <mrkleen@nospamprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:41b28dbb$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > I am trying to include an IF state...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Browser Problems in Windows XP
I am having problems getting Microsoft Explorer to work in installations of Windows XP. In some installations it works just fine and in some it will begin to go to the web site and then the window closes with no error. Has anyone experienced this problem before? I can log in with all the user accounts from any windows 98 computer using the same browser version. Thanks for any help. Eric Davison wrote: > I am having problems getting Microsoft Explorer to work in > installations of Windows XP. In some installations it > works just fine and in some it will begin to go to the ...

Problem with CHKDSK
Hi When I run CHKDSK it gets a pass with /i but it hangs at the reboot with /f and /x and it says "CHKDSK is verifying indexes (Stage 2) 0 percent complete" and I have to reboot. I have a Seagate disk drive. I downloaded and ran Seatools for windows and got a pass on Long Drive Self Test. So I can assume that the disk is OK. The utility is read only it does not do any repair. I tried to do an Avast anti-virus scan but it stops before completing the scan and the computer has to be rebooted. Disk cleanup also freezes the computer Any idea of what I could do...

getting sql report 2005 web service to work
The error I am getting in sql reporting service 2005 is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on t...

Windows Live ID Problems
I have been using Money 2006 for the last 2 years. Since the online updates stopped as of 9/1/08, I was prompted to download a new version. I downloaded and installed MS Money Plus 2008. When I attempt to log in using my Windows Live ID and password I get the following error: "The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again." I never had this problem with the older version. My Windows Live ID and password work fine on this website and when I go to the main passport website. I am using Windows XP Home Edition, and have been for the last 5+ years. I have re-...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Problem with KB982526 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for
If I install this update and then reboot my computer freezes right after the boot screen animation... The only way I can get my system back is to boot safe mode and uninstall the update.... Tried this three times, twice thru windows updates, once with the downloaded update files from microsoft I'm running Win7 ultimate x64 HELP! HOW TO Hide an [Optional, non-security] Update... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html Tim S wrote: > If I install this update and then reboot my computer freezes right after > the...

Money 2000 Deluxe
Please advise I just upgraded my computer and reinstalled Money 2000 Deluxe. When I tried to backup or transfer my data from floppy to Money. My data would not transfer... Any tips would be greatly appreciated....How can i get my data to transfer from my floppy into money?????I have tried backup option and this doesn't seem to work nor does the restore option.... In microsoft.public.money, Rich wrote: >Please advise > >I just upgraded my computer and reinstalled Money 2000 >Deluxe. When I tried to backup or transfer my data from >floppy to Money. My data would n...

Cognitive Advantage LX thermal label printer problems
My thermal label printer prints labels that aren't very dark to begin with and rapidly fade. I tried new label stock, and I've tried cleaning the print head. No luck. A tech from Cognitive walked me through some steps to troubleshoot, but MSRMS uses a "generic label driver" which doesn't have the same darkness controls Cognitive's driver has. Is there any way to get MSRMS to use Cognitive's driver (that doesn't suck)?! Thanks! - Larry OlyBikes 360-753-7525 On Feb 17, 3:50=A0pm, OlyBikes <olybi...@olybikes.com> wrote: > My thermal label print...