Money Plus Premium - program hangs while trying to covert file

Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003
installed on the old computer running Windows XP. Copied my money.mny file
from Money 2003 on old computer  to documents folder on Windows 7/M+ computer
and started the M+ Premium program. It prompted me for password and brought
up "converting file" screen. Program then stops responding. Is there a way to
get my data file from Money 2003 converted to use with M+ Premium?
Thanks.
Bob
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, bobinwa wrote:

>Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003
>installed on the old computer running Windows XP. Copied my money.mny file
>from Money 2003 on old computer  to documents folder on Windows 7/M+ computer
>and started the M+ Premium program. It prompted me for password and brought
>up "converting file" screen. Program then stops responding. Is there a way to
>get my data file from Money 2003 converted to use with M+ Premium?

Yes. You will probably need to go thru Money 2004 or 2005.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us

0
Cal
1/1/2010 8:02:52 AM
Money 2003 will run on Windows 7-64.
If you still have the old Money CD you could install it.
In many ways Money 2003 is better than M + Premium.
If you have to buy a new CD, I would choose Money 2003.

teabag

"bobinwa" <bobinwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003
> installed on the old computer running Windows XP. Copied my money.mny file
> from Money 2003 on old computer  to documents folder on Windows 7/M+
> computer
> and started the M+ Premium program. It prompted me for password and
> brought
> up "converting file" screen. Program then stops responding. Is there a way
> get my data file from Money 2003 converted to use with M+ Premium?
> Thanks.
> Bob

0
teabag
1/1/2010 8:27:29 AM
Thanks teabag, i will install and run Money 2003 on my new computer. Problem
solved. Money wasted on newer versions, but c'est la vie.

bob

"teabag" wrote:

> Money 2003 will run on Windows 7-64.
> If you still have the old Money CD you could install it.
> In many ways Money 2003 is better than M + Premium.
> If you have to buy a new CD, I would choose Money 2003.
>
> teabag
>

> "bobinwa" <bobinwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003
> > installed on the old computer running Windows XP. Copied my money.mny file
> > from Money 2003 on old computer  to documents folder on Windows 7/M+
> > computer
> > and started the M+ Premium program. It prompted me for password and
> > brought
> > up "converting file" screen. Program then stops responding. Is there a way
> > get my data file from Money 2003 converted to use with M+ Premium?
> > Thanks.
> > Bob
>

> .

I did reinstall Money 2003 as suggested, and got my file open. Thanks!

"bobinwa" wrote:

> Thanks teabag, i will install and run Money 2003 on my new computer. Problem
> solved. Money wasted on newer versions, but c'est la vie.
>
> bob
>
> "teabag" wrote:
>
> > Money 2003 will run on Windows 7-64.
> > If you still have the old Money CD you could install it.
> > In many ways Money 2003 is better than M + Premium.
> > If you have to buy a new CD, I would choose Money 2003.
> >
> > teabag
> >

> > "bobinwa" <bobinwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003
> > > installed on the old computer running Windows XP. Copied my money.mny file
> > > from Money 2003 on old computer  to documents folder on Windows 7/M+
> > > computer
> > > and started the M+ Premium program. It prompted me for password and
> > > brought
> > > up "converting file" screen. Program then stops responding. Is there a way
> > > get my data file from Money 2003 converted to use with M+ Premium?
> > > Thanks.
> > > Bob
> >

> > .

Outlook hangs when I access from remote desktop
I am using Vista on my home computer and XP on the remote desktop. Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "rg1742" <rg1742@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3111517B-3341-4412-AF8E-6386440B530C@microsoft.com... > I am using Vista on my home computer and XP on the remote desktop. And your question? I don't see one post...

Money 2004
I am trying to get a Credit Card account to show up under "Transfers out of Budget accounts" under Expenses. I have 3 in there and this 4th one is set up the same way but does not show up. -- scott Have you checked the setting for "include in BP" in the account details screen? "Scottk39" <Scottk39@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC32456F-A6F6-47C0-B0B3-099F124CA3D7@microsoft.com... >I am trying to get a Credit Card account to show up under "Transfers out of > Budget accounts" under Expenses. I have 3 in there and this...

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

How to convert Quicken QFX files?
I am unable to convert a Quicken QFX file to be used in Microsoft Money 2003. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >I am unable to convert a Quicken QFX file to be used in >Microsoft Money 2003. Any ideas? Have you tried File->Import? ...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

enumerating file on a directory
hi, How can i enumerate files on a directory based on a filter like "*.h" and store the result on an array on VC++. tnx, hope you guys can help. I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html Look For CFileFind Class if working in MFC or FindFirstFile FindNextFile or FindClose if you project based on Win32 -- cheers, Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "lawrence" <las@cybees.com> wrote in message news:#NvsWCRXFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi, How can i enumerate files on a directory based on a filter...

How do I print a text file ?
Hi, I am new to the group and wonder if any of you could offer any advice. I am trying to print a text file directly from my visual c++ application to the default printer without displaying the print dialog What is the best way of doing this ? If it is not possible to print directly from a text file, what commands to I use in between CDC::StartPage () To print the following Hello, my name is Joe Bloggs How are you I hope you can help with this problem etc..... CDC::EndPage () Thanks in advance Paul Paul, More info on printing than you can comfortably shake a stick at: http://www....

Outlook pst file
My original pst file was about 30 mb in size. Somehow it is corrupted and showing only 30 kb in size. I am not able to recover my previous info. Is there any way to retrieve info from this pst. You could try the inbox repair tool, scanpst.exe David "Ajay" <ajayget@indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:07e301c358de$6534d0d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My original pst file was about 30 mb in size. Somehow it > is corrupted and showing only 30 kb in size. I am not able > to recover my previous info. Is there any way to retrieve > info from this pst. ...

Log files in Great Plains 8.0
We use a web based program to import orders from our website into Great Plains. We have recently come across some errors where invoices show up with no associated order or customer information. The only thing that shows on these invoices is item information. I believe these invoices are generated somehow by a glitch in the import we do for our web orders. Is there a log file somewhere in GP where I can see what information was entered based on date? Or if anyone else has experienced this problem before, am I correct in my assumption that the "ghost" invoices are being caused by ...

Importing large tab-delimited text files?
I deal with very large data sets that are in tab-delimited .txt format. Many times, there are more than 256 columns of data. The Microsoft Knowledge Base had an article titled "Sample Macro to Import Data with More Than 256 Fields or Columns". This could do the trick for me if I could modify the macro to accomodate tab-delimited formats. Q1: Could anyone tell me how to modify the macro described above for tab-delimited .txt files? Q2: Does anyone know of a bulk file conversion utility that would change a tab-delimited text file to a CSV format? Thanks a bunch, Mark R-S Ma...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

Published 2000 pictures make file sizes too big
I have scanned pictures using Microsoft Photo/Draw. The pictures are around 250 KB but when I put them in my Published document, the file grows to 14,000KB. I can't email them or save them on a floppy. How can I get this file size down You may have to convert the file to a pdf format. Publisher just make humongous files. You have several choices when it comes to a pdf converter program from freebees to Adobe Acrobat. The later is on the spendy side and the freebees may disappoint you. My choice after comparing 5 pdf converter programs was PDF-XChange, a very nice commercial produc...

Copy a file with only values no formulas
Is there an easy way to copy a workbook so that it only has the values and not the formulas? Thank you. -- Lee Coleman Right click on a sheet tab and select all sheets. Then select all cells on the active sheet. Do a copy, then Edit, paste special, values. Right click on a sheet tab and select ungroup sheets. Save the workbook under a different name!!!! Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Lee Coleman" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message news:OIOx4$FeHHA.4020@TK2MSFTN...

No files selected in openfiledialog
How can I test for openfiledialog OK clicked without any files being selected? (I'm using it with multiple select as true.) I've tried if openfiledialog1.filenames = nothing then ... and if ubound(openfiledialog1.filenames) = -1 then ... but both these give compile errors. Grateful for advice. Am 11.05.2010 15:46, schrieb simonc: > How can I test for openfiledialog OK clicked without any files being > selected? (I'm using it with multiple select as true.) > > I've tried > > if openfiledialog1.filenames = nothing then ... > &g...

Money 2004- Virus
Money 2004 won't let me load the software because I have McAfee antivirus. However, the instructions don't include what to do fix it! Help me please! I've tried everything... Kari Turn off McAfee while installing? <kbastyr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:043601c398de$a9d18c70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Money 2004 won't let me load the software because I have > McAfee antivirus. However, the instructions don't > include what to do fix it! Help me please! I've tried > everything... On <kbastyr@yahoo.com> wrote: >Money 2004 won't l...

MS Money's Budget tools?
Have there been any upgrades to MS Money's budget tools from 2003 to 2004? I was very un impressed with how limited 2003 was as far as setting up a budget. I'm considering upgrading to 2004, but only if the budget tools are better. Thanks! Mike If that's your criteria, don't upgrade. See http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp to identify budgeting changes in the last several versions. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F3BDC72-3C25-4FCD-930E-F344CC6AEB71@microsoft.com... > Have there been any upgrades to MS Mon...

launching a program (.exe)
Can I launch a program (.exe) from inside an excel macro? Excel 97. You can use the Shell function. You might fare better with a question like this in microsoft.public.excel.programming. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets messy. When in Rome... ----------------------------------------------------------------------- <a924fan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190592704.188221.1...

Pocket PC will not synch "a program is trying to access email..." warning.
I am trying to synch my PocketPC (Jornada 548 running PPC2000) with Outlook 2003 SP1. I keep getting the "A program is trying to access email messages you have stored in Outlook" message. I am running the latest ActiveSynch 3.7.1. Basically this prevents me from synching remotely or over my network unless I am right there at the PC to let it though. I don't think this should be happenning but I have yet to find a way to disable it or to secure ActiveSynch for access. My wife's Palm Vx using Hotsynch manager 4.0.1 does the same thing but I kind of expected current Microso...

Relative File locations
I have a program that opens file #1 in folder XYZ. In this file is a reference to another file #2 in another folder. Is there a way to reference file #2 so if I put file #2 and file #1 in the same folder, the reference will always be made to the folder that contains the file #1, no matter where I may relocate it? Thanks, ...

Answer file local admin password
Hi, I am trying to apply a local admin password to all PC's during my ghost roll out. Everthing works from my answer file with the only exception the local admin password is not applied. Here is the current part of my answer file [GuiUnattended] AdminPassword="R0ver" EncryptedAdminPassword=NO ...

Worksheet hangs
My workbook freezes whenever I try to use Data>Subtotal directly or through a macro. Why does this happen. When I deleted ALL macros there was no problem. Any suggestions. If all my macros have to be deleted before using Data>Subtotal, is a code available and how can I prevent the file being saved after the macros have been deleted. Thank you in advance. RobertR. So sorry, even when the macros are disabled, the problem persists. > RobertR. Disregard my post. Seems to work now. Have to identify earlier cause myself. > RobertR. ...

Schedueled Auto Send .xls File to Receipients
I have an MS2007...I have a progress tracking excel spreadsheet that I must send to certain associates on a biweekly basis. What functionality exists or coding is reqiuried for my document to be automatically sent to selected receipients on a scheduled basis until the project is complete? ...

Using two MS Money accounts on one PC.
I am using MS Money 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any way I can set up accounts for two people on the same computer with the one program without running into problems? TIA. File - Open/New create two files with different names. Mr. Mrs. >-----Original Message----- >I am using MS Money 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any way I can set up >accounts for two people on the same computer with the one program >without running into problems? TIA. >. > Besides the information already posted, use shortcuts to the two different files to start the application as starting Mone...

New pst file
When I split off my pst file into a new one for a different email account, will it point to my existing Rules file and auto-corrects or will I need to create new ones? Thanks, Sherry ...

1st I read mail from my Inbox, then I can jot a note & a rule file
This is a suggestion, this feature may already exist in newer versions, I am using Office 2003. I like creating rules for Outlook e-mail so they go into folders but I tend not to read many of the ones for which I have created rules, they just go into the folders and then get old before I get around to reading them. What I'd like better is have all the emails initially come into my Inbox, read them from there, and then I can be given an option for Outlook to file the e-mail in an e-mail folder using a previously created or newly created rule. It should also give me an option t...