Money Plus investing home page

I was using Money 2004 before, and trying the Money Plus trial. In Money
Plus, if I click on the investing link in the toolbar, it takes me to a
page which appears to be the msn money web page, but it also has my
accounts listed there. I am not using the live id for the file. Is my
portfolio data uploaded to msn money to display this page? Or am I just
being paranoid, and it's rendered locally ?

Also there is a lot of internet activity when I open Money Plus. That
seems different than 2004.

Thanks
Su.
0
subapat (6)
1/23/2008 12:56:24 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Su Bapat wrote:

>I was using Money 2004 before, and trying the Money Plus trial. In Money
>Plus, if I click on the investing link in the toolbar, it takes me to a
>page which appears to be the msn money web page, but it also has my
>accounts listed there. I am not using the live id for the file. Is my
>portfolio data uploaded to msn money to display this page? Or am I just
>being paranoid, and it's rendered locally ?

It's rendered locally, but that doesn't make you paranoid.

>Also there is a lot of internet activity when I open Money Plus. That
>seems different than 2004.

Looking for updates at least.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/23/2008 1:03:40 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Su Bapat wrote:

>I was using Money 2004 before, and trying the Money Plus trial. In Money
>Plus, if I click on the investing link in the toolbar, it takes me to a
>page which appears to be the msn money web page, but it also has my
>accounts listed there. I am not using the live id for the file. Is my
>portfolio data uploaded to msn money to display this page? Or am I just
>being paranoid, and it's rendered locally ?

Also, I will agree that it is a jarring experience.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/23/2008 1:16:44 AM
Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, Su Bapat wrote:
>
>> I was using Money 2004 before, and trying the Money Plus trial. In Money
>> Plus, if I click on the investing link in the toolbar, it takes me to a
>> page which appears to be the msn money web page, but it also has my
>> accounts listed there. I am not using the live id for the file. Is my
>> portfolio data uploaded to msn money to display this page? Or am I just
>> being paranoid, and it's rendered locally ?
>
> Also, I will agree that it is a jarring experience.

:-) It similar with Planning/Taxes home pages being from MSN. That makes
it very confusing.
When I see a menu entry or link in Money Plus, I don't know anymore
whether it is a money link or a MSN link. That's very annoying.
0
subapat (6)
1/23/2008 11:31:30 PM
"Su Bapat" <subapat@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> :-) It similar with Planning/Taxes home pages being from MSN. That
> makes it very confusing.
> When I see a menu entry or link in Money Plus, I don't know anymore
> whether it is a money link or a MSN link.

That may be a goal of the developers.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
1/24/2008 12:43:58 AM
Chris,

Please clarify.  Is their goal annoyance, confusion, or both?
--
Bill Becker

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "Su Bapat" <subapat@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > :-) It similar with Planning/Taxes home pages being from MSN. That
> > makes it very confusing.
> > When I see a menu entry or link in Money Plus, I don't know anymore
> > whether it is a money link or a MSN link.
>
> That may be a goal of the developers.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

0
BillBecker (37)
1/24/2008 3:45:00 PM
"Bill Becker" <BillBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Chris,
>
> Please clarify.  Is their goal annoyance, confusion, or both?

I was implying confusion in the sense that online vs offline 'should
be' indistinguishable.

0
spam_magnet (1210)

Size of Money File
I have been using Money for the past four years, and over this time my Money file has grown to a fairly large size. I was wondering if this can cause any problems later on. I started with 2001 then upgraded to 2003 and now am using 2005. I would hate for the file to get corrupted, as I have 4 years of data stored in it. Is this an unfounded fear? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, John Smith wrote: >I have been using Money for the past four years, and over this time my >Money file has grown to a fairly large size. I was wondering if this >can cause any problems later on. Sh...

Investment Toolbox Download?
I am using Money Plus Premium (2008) and have a question about the "MSN Money Investment Toolbox" download that is advertised when I double click an open space on an investment in Portfolio Manager and then select Online Research and then select Historical Charts. There is a message at the top of the display that says "Download MSN Money Investment Toolbox". When I click on the download link I get a display of "Common questions about the MSN Money Portfolio" but NO download indication or option! Help would be appreciated on what I'm missing or doing ...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

create a publication that has both portrait and landscape pages
how do I create a publication who's primary layout is in Portrait, but requires a landscape layout occasionally? Ed <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > how do I create a publication who's primary layout is in Portrait, but > requires a landscape layout occasionally? You cannot. You could group and rotate all objects on such pages through 90�, or you could create two separate publications. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Select all on the page, rotate 90 degrees. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://ms...

Notes field on front page of contacts
I wish to print on a report to review. When I print the report using the Autopreview (View by company) option I dont get all the notes out on the report. Some contacts have more than others but mostly it get cut off. Has any one got any clues of how to print all notes regardless of the length of the notes. ...

Page break preview & blue line
I using Excel 2003 In page break preview I have always do some thing wrong I'm just pull the blue line by using mouse all page was destroyed It there any tips to return the blue line to the Default pages size setting As far as I know the 'default' print area is all the data, and once you have changed the print area and saved the file you can not get it to go back to the previous setting. If you have problems with this or any other proceedure do try to remember to save your file before you do the awkward bit and then you can go back to the saved copy it it does not work. ...

Is it possible to set a slide transition that mimics turning page
I've been asked for help in setting up a PPT presentation to have slide transitions that mimic turning pages. I have seen this done using Keynote on a Mac but the software being used for this presentation is PowerPoint. Any ideas on if this is available or where I may find a download to add to my library? Thanks. MaryAnn PowerPoint 2007 The setting I use to achieve that is:- Animations tab / Transitions to This Slide group / Wipes / Strips Left-Up If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "MeyerMA3" wrote: > I've been ask...

Centering text on a page
Is there a way to center text automatically in a row across the top of the page without having to pick a column that is close to center, then using the space bar to find the exact midpoint? Thnxs Hi Justin! Select the cells across your page Format > Cells > Alignment Place check in "Merge cells" Horizontal and Vertical drop downs should be set at Center OK There is a standard toolbar button for this. Use: View > Toolbars > Customize Look under Format for the Merge and Center button Click and drag it to your toolbar. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, A...

Money 2005 Crash and Unusable Myisam05.dll
My Money Deluxe 2005 cannot open my file, nor can it open any of the 3 backups. The crash references "Myisam05.dll." I read the KB and the one post I found here, but I do not use investment toolbox. I cannot get to MS support, because I cannot even open Money for more than a few seconds before it crashes. I did try the Money 2006 Trial and it was able to open the file without an issue. However, I cannot figure out why 2005 no longer works. One other observationis that the current files have balooned in size, whereas the old, outdated backups and new 2006 backup are simil...

upgrading from Money 2003 to 2004
I presently use Money 2003 Deluxe for business. Has anyone figured out which 2004 is the equivalent? Has anyone upgraded from one to the other? Help! Thanks I would also like to know about the new 2004 for business. What happens to personal account in Money 2003? What about online Check writing, will my existing account be carried over. Why is the documentation of this new product, Money 2004 for business, on Microsoft Web Site so poor? "Andrew" <asjg@adauro.com> wrote in message news:020601c35e7c$fa0d30f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I presently use Money 2003 Deluxe for...

Money 2002 File conversion problem
After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003. When converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version". Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this. Are both of the versions from the same country - for example UK to UK or US to US? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited...

Connecting devices from one page to another
How do you conect devices from one page to another? On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:21:01 -0700, Robertini <Robertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you conect devices from one page to another? select the shape, use the Insert -> Hyperlinks menu -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ You can also use the offsheet shape available in the simple flow diagram stencil. "Robertini" <Robertini@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: A99647B9-907...

Clip Art Ghosts on other pages
I'm working on a 24 page catalog in Publisher 2003. After copying/pasting as well as inserting clipart from another file w/ no problem I then copied a few clip art files from an e-mail. Most of them are fine, however there are a few that have duplicated themselves on other pages in Print Preview. When I print they do not show. Which is good, but frustrating still. Out of the 12 I copied from the e-mail, only 3 are doing this on 3 different pages. Any ideas on what this could be? ...

Cannot access OMA page
I've read through a number of the threads here, but haven't been able to find an answer. Apologies in advance if this has already been solved. Would appreciate a pointer to a thread if so. Environment: Windows Server 2003 Advanced SP1, up-to-date (DCSRV) Exchange Server 2003 SP2, up-to-date (EXCHSRV) Basically I can't get ActiveSync/OMA to work, so I started by trying to access the OMA page through a browser. I'm seeing the following behavior when I try to access OMA: Browser (IE6) displays: "Unable to connect to your mailbox on server EXCHSRV. Please try again ...

Money 2002
I started to have problems downloading my bank statement. It downloads successfully, but the new transactions do not appear in the checking a/c register. Error msg included that qif file did not have date and amount (bank download includes billpayer messages). As I have been attempting to fix this problem, Money stalls on backing up, and I am unable to back up the current file. Any suggestions ...

can't print separate entries per page after merge
I merged information from access into publisher for a postcard. But now when I test print I get the same 4 entries on the same page. I would like to have 4 different entries on each page instead. How do I set that up? Thanks for the help, -- RJ Are you actually printing it or just looking at Print Preview? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rjincali" <rjincali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5A74256-8FFF-4D87-A788-5BA149A44B84@microsoft.com... >I merged information from access into publisher for a postcard. But now >when > I test p...

Temp files left 'not closed' ...Money file will not reopen.
Help ..I closed Money Deluxe 2005. Program closed I thought normally and backed up the file. Also backed up to a flash drive. When I went to reopen the program, I got an error message that says a temp file was not closed. Trying to restore from backup produces same results. Trying to restore from flash drive produces same results. Apparently, the same error went to all files that were saved. Is there anyway to recover? I have tried Moneys recover file procedure..did no good -- Mark R In microsoft.public.money, Mark R wrote: >Help ..I closed Money Deluxe 2005. Program close...

Shading Title at top of page
I can't find my question that I posted yesterday, even with searching my name. Don't know what happened to it. Anyway, I'm using Word 2003 and I've encountered this issue with previous versions, as well. My document is several pages and sometimes has page breaks. I have a title at the top of the page before every page break. I shaded the title black which extends from margin to margin. That's fine. But the problem is that it also shades the page break black! If I remove the black strip at the bottom of the page, the black shading goes from the title at...

Web Page
I am trying to make a web page using Word. When I insert a movie it will not show on the web page. Only shows as a picture. It works fine with Adobe Go Live. I changed it to QuickTime as requested. Any suggestions? Hi benze- Best suggestion - Don't use Word to design web pages. The 'feature' is a marketing ploy that will blow up in your face if you rely on it for anything other than the most simplistic of web content. If you know how to use GoLive, stay with it. Regards |:>) On 10/22/05 12:36 PM, in article BF7FB8A5.29D8%benze@wavecable.com, "benze" <benze@w...

Money 2005 and Vanguard
I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard. Anyone else having the same problem using online updates? In microsoft.public.money, bigme99 wrote: >I have Money 2005, and it refuses to connect to Vanguard. > >Anyone else having the same problem using online updates? > Connecting to Vanguard for me. Not working for me either... I get: MS Money could not receive information from your bank or brokerage, please set up this account again blah blah... (Money was unable to complete the operation. The internet, banking, or brokerage server you were trying to contact ...

M2004 Investments
I purchased stock for an investment account, then recorded dividends (either cash or reinvested) over a period of time, then sold the entire amount of that stock. Sometime later the same stock is again purchased. Money shows the dividend income for the previously sold shares as part of the Gain in the Your Portfolio screen (Standard View). Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? ...

Portfolio Manager Investment Categories
The Microsoft Money 2005 Investment Manager has a column named "Category" that looks like it would provide a MUCH more useful breakdown than Money's Asset Allocation does. For example, this column understands the difference among Large Growth, Large Blend and Large Value. These would be very useful, except that: - In some cases, it's assigned the wrong category, or doesn't recognize the investment and doesn't have any category, and - I cannot find a way to sort by, group by, or sum over these categories within the Portfolio Manager, and finaly - I cannot find a good...

Page Layout Question #2
Hello, I am trying to create a publication that has page sizes of 8.5 w x 5.5 h. Each page should have a to pmargin of 0.75 in and 0.50 everwhere else. I have done that and it seems to work fine, except when I print it. I would like to save paper and put two of these pages on 1 physical piece of paper. It should fit fine, but what Publisher 2007 does is to print double pages. Meaning that on the first piece of paper I get two publication page 1's (each taking up half the page) instead of getting publication page 1 and publication page 2 on the 1st piece of paper. My layout type is...

where do I turn on my thumbnails of pages
For some reason I can no longer turn on my thumbnail panel in word. I go to view and click thumbnails but the check mark will not stay in the box. Rulers, gridlines and document map comes on with no problem. ...

How do I create a one page newsletter (front&back) with publisher.
look at title look at title -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Open Publisher.. go to FILE - NEW.. select a newsletter style.. click on it.. overtype whatever is there with your own words.. When you have enough content for front and back, print out the first page.. then turn the sheet over and print the second page.. if you need more than one copy, set the printer to print only page 1 but multiple copies.. then set the printer to print multiple c...