Money Plus Deluxe doesn't recognize new account

I have Money Plus Deluxe connect to my bank periodically and download
transactions from my checking and savings account.  I recently added a new
savings account but I cannot get Money to notice the new account.  It's an
existing ID with my bank and according to everything I have read it should
pick up the new account pretty much automatically but it doesn't.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
0
Harrison (2)
5/20/2009 1:58:07 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Bill Harrison | 2009-05-19 | 8:58:07 PM wrote:

>I have Money Plus Deluxe connect to my bank periodically and download
>transactions from my checking and savings account.  I recently added
>a new savings account but I cannot get Money to notice the new
>account.  It's an existing ID with my bank and according to
>everything I have read it should pick up the new account pretty much
>automatically but it doesn't.
>
>Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Check the bank's support web site or call their tech support staff.
Some Financial Institutions have to "turn on" accounts for Money
downloads.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

"SteveBell" wrote:

> Bill Harrison | 2009-05-19 | 8:58:07 PM wrote:
>
> >I have Money Plus Deluxe connect to my bank periodically and download
> >transactions from my checking and savings account.  I recently added
> >a new savings account but I cannot get Money to notice the new
> >account.  It's an existing ID with my bank and according to
> >everything I have read it should pick up the new account pretty much
> >automatically but it doesn't.
> >
> >Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
>
> Check the bank's support web site or call their tech support staff.
> Some Financial Institutions have to "turn on" accounts for Money
> downloads.
>
> --
> Steve Bell
> New Life Home Improvement
> Arlington, TX USA

Did that prior to posting here.  I'm not sure of the terms but for my bank I
have an account number which is a 10 digit number.   Then each savings,
checking, loan or credit card as a 3 digit identifier added to the 10 digit
account number.   Money access is enabled at the 10 digit account number.   I
currently have 7 different 3 digit identifiers associated with the 10 digit
account number.  6 of them download transactions, it's the 7th that doesn't.

In microsoft.public.money, Bill Harrison wrote:

>"SteveBell" wrote:
>
>> Bill Harrison | 2009-05-19 | 8:58:07 PM wrote:
>>
>> >I have Money Plus Deluxe connect to my bank periodically and download
>> >transactions from my checking and savings account.  I recently added
>> >a new savings account but I cannot get Money to notice the new
>> >account.  It's an existing ID with my bank and according to
>> >everything I have read it should pick up the new account pretty much
>> >automatically but it doesn't.
>> >
>> >Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
>>
>> Check the bank's support web site or call their tech support staff.
>> Some Financial Institutions have to "turn on" accounts for Money
>> downloads.
>>
>> --
>> Steve Bell
>> New Life Home Improvement
>> Arlington, TX USA
>>

>Did that prior to posting here.  I'm not sure of the terms but for my bank I
>have an account number which is a 10 digit number.   Then each savings,
>checking, loan or credit card as a 3 digit identifier added to the 10 digit
>account number.   Money access is enabled at the 10 digit account number.   I
>currently have 7 different 3 digit identifiers associated with the 10 digit
>account number.  6 of them download transactions, it's the 7th that doesn't.

Maybe you already did this too: go to
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx and determine if the
description for your bank uses "third party" in the description. If
so, your bank is probably not going to get involved. What you would
do would vary according to which type of interface is happening.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/21/2009 1:59:43 PM
Hadn't looked there yet.  My bank is listed as "Think Federal Credit Union"
and has this in the description

"Direct Services are the fastest, easiest way to connect with your financial
institution and have your statements automatically downloaded into Money
directly from your financial institution."

One kind of odd thing is the bank is now "Think Mutual Bank" and has a
different URL than is listed by the above web site, but they said that should
make no difference it whether Money can download transactions.

Bill Harrison | 2009-05-21 | 8:49:07 AM wrote:

>"SteveBell" wrote:
>
>> Bill Harrison | 2009-05-19 | 8:58:07 PM wrote:
>>
>>>I have Money Plus Deluxe connect to my bank periodically and
>>>download transactions from my checking and savings account.  I
>>>recently added a new savings account but I cannot get Money to
>>>notice the new account.  It's an existing ID with my bank and
>>>according to everything I have read it should pick up the new
>>>account pretty much automatically but it doesn't.
>>>
>>>Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
>>
>> Check the bank's support web site or call their tech support staff.
>> Some Financial Institutions have to "turn on" accounts for Money
>> downloads.
>
>Did that prior to posting here.  I'm not sure of the terms but for my
>bank I have an account number which is a 10 digit number.   Then each
>savings, checking, loan or credit card as a 3 digit identifier added
>to the 10 digit account number.   Money access is enabled at the 10
>digit account number.   I currently have 7 different 3 digit
>identifiers associated with the 10 digit account number.  6 of them
>download transactions, it's the 7th that doesn't.

I've had your exact problem with a couple of Financial Institutions.
For both of them, I had to call their tech support department to get
the account turned on. Both of the technicians said, more or less,
"That's funny. This is supposed to happen automatically. Here--I'll fix
it for you."--after which which Money could access my account.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

"SteveBell" wrote:
> I've had your exact problem with a couple of Financial Institutions.
> For both of them, I had to call their tech support department to get
> the account turned on. Both of the technicians said, more or less,
> "That's funny. This is supposed to happen automatically. Here--I'll fix
> it for you."--after which which Money could access my account.
>
> --
> Steve Bell
> New Life Home Improvement
> Arlington, TX USA

Turns out I had an account in the past with the same 3 digit identifier.  I
had switched that from a savings to a checking account, so i marked the
account as closed.  Once I changed it to open, it was able to get updates.

"Bill Harrison" wrote:

> I'll try giving them a call tomorrow.  The only contact I've had so far is
> via their support interface on their web page.
>
> "SteveBell" wrote:
> > I've had your exact problem with a couple of Financial Institutions.
> > For both of them, I had to call their tech support department to get
> > the account turned on. Both of the technicians said, more or less,
> > "That's funny. This is supposed to happen automatically. Here--I'll fix
> > it for you."--after which which Money could access my account.
> >
> > --
> > Steve Bell
> > New Life Home Improvement
> > Arlington, TX USA

CTRL-N will NOT open a new workbook in Excel
When user logs into Excel for first time, Book2 is the first workbook opened (I don't know why it skips over Book1). When he attempts to create another workbook by using the CTRL-N command, he gets the error message: "The Macro '!CheckInstance' cannot be found". If it helps to know, he is only able to create another workbook by using the New icon on the standard Toolbar. If he tries by going to File-New... nothing happens. He's opening a file that has stolen the ctrl-N keystroke. Here are a couple of sites that explain how to troubleshoot startup problems: ...

Different tabs on the entity "accounts" according to the Business unit of the user
Hi there! I am in the middle of an installation where there are three different Business Units of the same organization. Actually, those three business units are three different companies of the same owner and they have to share a common database of accounts (their activities are quite similar). My problem is that I have created some new tabs in the entity "accounts" in order to handle financial data coming from their ERP system. What they need is to prevent users from one business unit having access to the fiancial data of the other business unit. Is there any way to hide tabs acco...

New Installation
I'd like to reformat my hard drive and install XP Pro. Does MS still support it to the extent that it will provide Service Pack updates, drivers, Security updates, etc.? Also, is there an SP3 for XP Pro? <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> wrote in message news:8rg816huagr9ms0levo26n74uljjp002go@4ax.com... > I'd like to reformat my hard drive and install XP Pro. Does MS still > support it to the extent that it will provide Service Pack updates, > drivers, Security updates, etc.? Also, is there an SP3 for XP Pro? As long as SP3 is installed, support, (i.e. updat...

Internet Update with MS Money 2002
I get this message while updating on the internet with Microsoft Money "an error was encountered while processing a download file ('%s') during smart connect This has happened for over two weeks now. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated -- Stephen and Erica Chenelle ...

passing custom field from lead to account on conversion
We are using CRM 3.0. We have a custom text field in our lead form/entity which we would like copied to a similar custom field in the account form/entity when a Lead is converted into an Account, Contact, Opportunity. Would someone be able to explain how to do this? Many thanks You need to add a mapping on the relationship between Lead and the other objects. This is done through the customization. Open the lead, then got o the relationships tab, find the one tied to the right objet and edit it. The mappings are on the relationship. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "DMcL&q...

Error adding contacts under Accounts
When trying to add a new contact to an Account record, when saving it throws an error message to the effect of " Duplicate record" with an error code of 0x80040E2F. It is not a duplicate. I can add a contact through Contacts just fine and then attach it to a Parent Account. Any clues??? Thanks! Obvious question, but have you made any customizations to the app? Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:01:13 -0700, "WFD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: When trying to add ...

Portfolio Manager Account Balances
I do a lot of options work, which causes me to need to update the cash balances in PM manually. As of about 3 days ago, the balances always revert back to a different number, they do not remain the number I entered. Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Mike B <Mike B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I do a lot of options work, which causes me to need to update the cash >balances in PM manually. As of about 3 days ago, the balances always revert >back to a different number, they do not remain the number I entered. Any >ideas? Thanks Are you referring to some...

Unit Accounts & Additional Periods
If I add an additional period to the fiscal year to close out unit accounts, how will this affect the FRX reporting? We do not want this period to be picked up in the FRX reports. Will the report ignore the 13th period? We have 13 periods in several of our entities and do not have any problems with the info coming through FRx. But - we use "0 to 12" in the column layout and I have set the default base periods to "01". (We set the default base period to "01" because all our users use launcher and they have less problems setting the dates each time they u...

Re: Money 2004
How can you edit your account number. Go to the account register. Click on the Account Details link on the left. There it is. Click Change (or Edit, not sure which). "pattie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:430801c42b74$9bb72bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can you edit your account number. READ the HELP file(s)! Good luck, Julie >-----Original Message----- > How can you edit your account number. >. > ...

Money 2007, backup and flashdrives
When I configure Money 2007 to backup to my 4.0gig 2.0USB A-Data flashdrive, I get a message that the disk has been filled and I need to insert a new disk. I tried formatting the flashdrive and it didn't help. I can backup to my hard drive and copy the backup manually to my flashdrive. I would prefer to write the backup directly to the flashdrive without having to copy the backup manually. Any help would be appreciated. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. Lubbock, Texas rkinserlow at cox dot net homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow blog: http://360.yahoo.com/kinserlow In microsoft.public.m...

Pocket PC Money 2005 and Invoices
Pocket PC will not synchronize deposits to my checking account that are deposits being made by receiving a payment on an Invoice...it synchronizes all other transactions in the account. Any ideas? Tony Long You can't, apparently. This has been a problem in Pocket Money since its inception. Microsoft really only updates Pocket Money each year to read the file formats of each new Money version, but does not fix any software bugs at ALL. You will either have to stop using invoicing in Money Small Business, or stop relying on Pocket Money. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. - Ben ...

How do I select the email sending account for a new message
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop HI, im using Entourage with two separate POP email accounts. How do I select the account I want to use for sending new email messages? On 4/9/10 9:59 PM, Fbazo@officeformac.com wrote: > pop HI, im using Entourage with two separate POP email accounts. How do > I select the account I want to use for sending new email messages? When you create a new message, it will default to the default account you have set in Entourage preferences. Set in Reply & Forward. If you need to s...

Money 2005 Deluxe (Trial) before/after update...
Hi, I'm currently using the trial version of 2005, after upgrading from 2001. The date issue is still occuring after the update not sure on the other issue yet... I've noticed a couple of wierd things happening... I download OFX files from HSBC, the dates on them say last downloaded 22/12/2000. Is this a problem with the bank? or Money 2005 - seemed to work in 2001. I've got a credit card with HFC, and this seems to get the correct date. However there have been a few occaisons where the all of the transactions haven't downloaded, this seems to be when Money 2005 incorr...

Bank deposits very slow with Analytical Accounting
We have a very large number of cash receipts. When we go into Bank Deposit Entry and click on Mark All, it takes a very long time to finish marking. I created a Dex.SQL log and found that the program was hanging up on an Analytical Accounting table. The log file was full of BEGIN INSERT INTO AAG2001T lines. So I tried disabling Analytical Accounting and the deposits now run INCREDIBLY faster. Why is this an issue? Hi Elaine, Can you please help provide some more informaiton on your issue if it is still a problem: Can you please tell me what version of GP you are running? What vo...

user account disabled. need to redirect his e-mail
Hi, I have a situation: User left the company. I disabled his AD account. His boss asking to redirect this user new incoming e-mail to other user. Can you suggest an appropriate solution. Do I have to activate his account and just change a password or I can keep this account blocked. Thanks. Michael. On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 18:55:02 -0800, "MLA!" <MLA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I have a situation: > >User left the company. >I disabled his AD account. >His boss asking to redirect this user new incoming e-mail to other user. > >Can you sugge...

MS Money 99 Investment Online Setup Problem
Hi all: I am having a problem after I tried upgrading my MS Money from 99 to 2001. The 2001 crashed on my machine (not during the install, just when trying to run it), so I reverted back to MS Money 99. Now, everytime I try to access one of my Investment accounts, for example Ameritrade, it gives me the following errors: Money would like you to confirm that your online setup information is correct before you continue to use Direct Statements or Direct Bill Payment. Click The Investment Offerings button and follow the instructions to update profile information for your financial in...

Great Plains
I have a problem when printing checks. Sometimes the checks print right away and sometimes they print 2 or 3 hours later. Sometimes they don't print at all. I am not sure why this is happening. We have about 14 users logging into the Windows 2003 server. Each user has multiple printers. Some have 2, some have 4. Is there a limit to the number of printers that a user can have when they attach to the server. There are no printers connected to the server. The printers are connected to a novell system. I had a problem at a client's office like this. Two things were done. ...

Money for Imate and Nokia communicator 9300
I want to know if there exists a version of Money for I-mate and Nokia communicator 9300 ...

Money will not quit, gobbles CPU, screen artifacts
Win XP SP3, everything installed after a system recovery disk. Athlon dual core, 4GB ram. Downloaded Money Essentials and installed it. I put two transactions in Money a few minutes ago, then quit the app. Now the process is still running and gobbling up 50% of my CPU cycles and I cannot re-start it of course because the system thinks it is already running. Second problem: Money often times picks up screen artifacts from other applications that happen to be on the desktop at the same time. Window pollution is the best way I can describe it. I am SORELY disappointed in this software th...

Money 2006/7 QIF imports and stock splits?
Hello-I realize that in Money 2004 the program had trouble importing stock split transactions through QIF format (and conversely did not export stock splits through QIF format either). Has this been remedied in Money 2006/7? That is, can Money now receive a stock split through a QIF file? Thank you. -Eric Eric, I recently went through the Export / Import drill in Money 07 No, splits still need to be redone once the import is complete. -Kevin <E7Kilian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1166021779.448343.38370@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello-I realize that in Money 2004...

New Food Pyramid
Does anyone have an idea how to make a new food pyramid that displays daily food intake? Hi, In Excel choose Insert, Diagram, Pyramid. You can click the Insert Shape button to add more levels. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "SimonJean" wrote: > Does anyone have an idea how to make a new food pyramid that displays daily > food intake? ...

new user from 2003 to 2006
please help! in money 2003 i used to be able to flip back and forth from my online banking page to my bill listing. i can not seem to find how to do this in 2006 edition. thanks ...

Mail Accounts Won't Go Away!
Hi all, I'm running Outlook 2003 against a SBS2003 Server with Exchange 2003 and am having a problem that I can't get to the bottom of. About a month ago, I setup my account to use a series of different mail sources (hotmail, isp, another pop3 account, etc.) I was using that setup for somewhere around 2 weeks. About a week and a half ago I tried to get rid of all of the accounts except for the Exchange account and they went away. However, the next day, when I logged back on, they were there again. I then deleted them again and added a different pop3 account. After I r...

Put query into new database
I have an ad hoc tool that i have built for our sales people. I creates a new access database and puts the data they requested into 4 tables. Here's the code I use to create the database and to create one of the tables ' This section Creates the database. ' It will delete the file if it already exists. Dim wrkDefault As Workspace Dim dbsNew As Database Dim prpLoop As Property ' Get default Workspace. Set wrkDefault = DBEngine.Workspaces(0) ' Make sure there isn't already a file with the name of ' the new database. If Dir(Access...

Security account privileges
Hi, I have a CRM installation with two crm servers on a NLB configuration, and a third server as SQL/Reporting. In the installation process we decided to create a specific domain account for the security (service) account, namely crmservices. At this moment I am having very strange crm behaviour, cause, for example: for some CRM users there is an error related to privileges on the Report Server. Another error is that Workflow Manager sends an error indicanting it is bad configured (when I try to open this tool) and so on. None of these errors ocurred on the previous Lab. So my theory ...