Money Plus Deluxe #4

I converted from Quicken. My first backup worked. Now when I try to backup, 
the program goes through everything up to compressing the file. At that point 
it shuts down with the msg.: "Money has encountered a problem and needs to 
shut down". What do I do now? I've added a lot of things since the first, 
successful backup (5/22), so I'm not prepared to go back to it.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 1:19:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

24 Replies
855 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 32

In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:

>I converted from Quicken. My first backup worked. Now when I try to backup, 
>the program goes through everything up to compressing the file. At that point 
>it shuts down with the msg.: "Money has encountered a problem and needs to 
>shut down". What do I do now? I've added a lot of things since the first, 
>successful backup (5/22), so I'm not prepared to go back to it.

Try making a repaired version of your file with
File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2.

Keep an extra copy of that backup in case you need it. Don't
overwrite it accidentally.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/28/2008 2:24:45 AM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:
> 
> >I converted from Quicken. My first backup worked. Now when I try to backup, 
> >the program goes through everything up to compressing the file. At that point 
> >it shuts down with the msg.: "Money has encountered a problem and needs to 
> >shut down". What do I do now? I've added a lot of things since the first, 
> >successful backup (5/22), so I'm not prepared to go back to it.
> 
> Try making a repaired version of your file with
> File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2.
> 
> Keep an extra copy of that backup in case you need it. Don't
> overwrite it accidentally.
> 
Money Plus won't let me repair the file. It claims that the file needs a 
password. When I enter the password for my Money Plus program, it claims it's 
the wrong password. I don't recall that I separately passworded the file I'm 
trying to repair, but leaving the password field blank gets the same result.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 3:04:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:

>
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:
>> 
>> >I converted from Quicken. My first backup worked. Now when I try to backup, 
>> >the program goes through everything up to compressing the file. At that point 
>> >it shuts down with the msg.: "Money has encountered a problem and needs to 
>> >shut down". What do I do now? I've added a lot of things since the first, 
>> >successful backup (5/22), so I'm not prepared to go back to it.
>> 
>> Try making a repaired version of your file with
>> File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2.
>> 
>> Keep an extra copy of that backup in case you need it. Don't
>> overwrite it accidentally.
>> 
>Money Plus won't let me repair the file. It claims that the file needs a 
>password. When I enter the password for my Money Plus program, it claims it's 
>the wrong password. I don't recall that I separately passworded the file I'm 
>trying to repair, but leaving the password field blank gets the same result.

Confirm that when you click Help->About that your version is
17.0.120.1415.

What OS are you using?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/28/2008 3:29:03 PM
> What OS are you using?

Windows XP SP2, patched through this morning.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 3:40:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:

>
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:
>> 
>> >I converted from Quicken. My first backup worked. Now when I try to backup, 
>> >the program goes through everything up to compressing the file. At that point 
>> >it shuts down with the msg.: "Money has encountered a problem and needs to 
>> >shut down". What do I do now? I've added a lot of things since the first, 
>> >successful backup (5/22), so I'm not prepared to go back to it.
>> 
>> Try making a repaired version of your file with
>> File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2.
>> 
>> Keep an extra copy of that backup in case you need it. Don't
>> overwrite it accidentally.
>> 
>Money Plus won't let me repair the file. It claims that the file needs a 
>password. When I enter the password for my Money Plus program, it claims it's 
>the wrong password. I don't recall that I separately passworded the file I'm 
>trying to repair, but leaving the password field blank gets the same result.

Try opening Sample.mny from your install folder. If that opens and
can back up successfully, then the installation is probably not the
problem.

If you have not made a backup for a month and kept adding info
knowing Money was not accepting a backup... well .... don't dig
deeper. While you are thinking about it, copy what *.mny and *.mbf
you have to a USB flash drive or some other separate media. Think
what situation you would be in if your hard drive were to fail.

I would still File->Restore that backup, but do not restore to the
default location. Instead Browse to your MyDocuments folder on your
XP machine, and choose a new name such as HaLeBu2.mny. That way the
file you have been entering info into would still be available in
case you wanted to refer back to it. If you download, much of the
newer info would still be available for backup.

In M+: Tools->Settings->BackupSettings
I suggest checking
 x Automatically backup my Money file every time I close Money
  Save in [a place on your hard drive ]. It is best to Browse to
     a location rather than typing the path.
   x Ask me before backing up each time*
   x Compress Backup Files
   Keep only the _20_most recent backup files [adjust to taste]

 x Perform scheduled backups every _28_ days
  Save in [a USB flash drive location]
   x Ask me before backing up each time*
   x Compress Backup Files
   Keep only the _2_most recent backup files [adjust to taste]

Then periodically, perhaps each month or three, copy your latest
backup (uniquely named by Money) to a CDR.

I strongly suggest use of a USB Flash drive rather than floppies.
They are bigger, so you don't have to swap media to back up.  Plus
they are much more reliable (but not failure-proof).

* The reason I have Money ask me, is that I don't want to back up
each time I exit.  If I went into Money 5 times in a day, I would
not want to back up 5 times, nor would I want to delete 5 other
backup files.  You will be given the choice to BackUpNow or to
Postpone.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/28/2008 4:13:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:

>> What OS are you using?
>
>Windows XP SP2, patched through this morning.


Also confirm that when you click Help->About that your version is
17.0.120.1415.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/28/2008 4:24:16 PM
> Also confirm that when you click Help->About that your version is
> 17.0.120.1415.

Confirmed.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 4:38:00 PM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> Try opening Sample.mny from your install folder. If that opens and
> can back up successfully, then the installation is probably not the
> problem.

I don't understand, where is my install folder?

> If you have not made a backup for a month and kept adding info
> knowing Money was not accepting a backup... well .... don't dig
> deeper. While you are thinking about it, copy what *.mny and *.mbf
> you have to a USB flash drive or some other separate media. Think
> what situation you would be in if your hard drive were to fail.

Each time I have exited, since the program closed with an error msg. rather 
than backing up, I have copied the .mny file I was working on to, not one, 
but TWO separate USB flash drives.  So, once I fix this problem, I should be 
able to continue from where I left off.

I've made lots of entries, since I've just returned from a month abroad 
during which I had access to neither my bank accounts on the computer nor to 
postal mail. And I do not have electronic access to my principal bank 
account. The bank wants extra fees for it, so I may switch banks.

I have, however, had difficulty downloading from one provider, as they mixed 
transactions from three separate accounts with them, only one of which do I 
have on the computer. I will eventually contact them to correct things, but 
first I have to get Money Plus working properly.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 4:50:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> Try opening Sample.mny from your install folder. If that opens and
>> can back up successfully, then the installation is probably not the
>> problem.
>
>I don't understand, where is my install folder?

Typically that would be 
"Directory of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus".

>
>> If you have not made a backup for a month and kept adding info
>> knowing Money was not accepting a backup... well .... don't dig
>> deeper. While you are thinking about it, copy what *.mny and *.mbf
>> you have to a USB flash drive or some other separate media. Think
>> what situation you would be in if your hard drive were to fail.
>
>Each time I have exited, since the program closed with an error msg. rather 
>than backing up, I have copied the .mny file I was working on to, not one, 
>but TWO separate USB flash drives.  So, once I fix this problem, I should be 
>able to continue from where I left off.

That's good that you are making the copies. However if the problem
is an unrepairable corruption in the file, then the copies would
have that corruption too.  :-(

>
>I've made lots of entries, since I've just returned from a month abroad 
>during which I had access to neither my bank accounts on the computer nor to 
>postal mail.

It is possible to export to one or more QIF files, edit out the
older records, and then import to a file. The records are normally
in chronological order. That QIF export, edit, and import could be
easier than reentering the data.

> And I do not have electronic access to my principal bank 
>account. The bank wants extra fees for it, so I may switch banks.
>
>I have, however, had difficulty downloading from one provider, as they mixed 
>transactions from three separate accounts with them, only one of which do I 
>have on the computer. I will eventually contact them to correct things, but 
>first I have to get Money Plus working properly.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/28/2008 5:04:38 PM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Try opening Sample.mny from your install folder. If that opens and
> >> can back up successfully, then the installation is probably not the
> >> problem.

Sample.mny will open. When I try to back it up, I get the same result as I 
do with my own files. That is, an error message and the program closes.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 5:48:01 PM
You don't happen to be using IE 8 beta do you?
Have you double checked the Backup settings (Tools - Settings - Backup 
Settings) to verify that they are Saving In a valid location?
Since you mentioned the crash occuring around the compression step, have you 
tried turning off that option?

-Mark

"HaLeBu" <HaLeBu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:97C05FE2-5578-4513-9FF3-2C0DC2B43BBF@microsoft.com...
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> Try opening Sample.mny from your install folder. If that opens and
>> can back up successfully, then the installation is probably not the
>> problem.
>
> I don't understand, where is my install folder?
>
>> If you have not made a backup for a month and kept adding info
>> knowing Money was not accepting a backup... well .... don't dig
>> deeper. While you are thinking about it, copy what *.mny and *.mbf
>> you have to a USB flash drive or some other separate media. Think
>> what situation you would be in if your hard drive were to fail.
>
> Each time I have exited, since the program closed with an error msg. 
> rather
> than backing up, I have copied the .mny file I was working on to, not one,
> but TWO separate USB flash drives.  So, once I fix this problem, I should 
> be
> able to continue from where I left off.
>
> I've made lots of entries, since I've just returned from a month abroad
> during which I had access to neither my bank accounts on the computer nor 
> to
> postal mail. And I do not have electronic access to my principal bank
> account. The bank wants extra fees for it, so I may switch banks.
>
> I have, however, had difficulty downloading from one provider, as they 
> mixed
> transactions from three separate accounts with them, only one of which do 
> I
> have on the computer. I will eventually contact them to correct things, 
> but
> first I have to get Money Plus working properly. 

0
abcd7779 (838)
5/28/2008 5:55:06 PM
In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:

>> What OS are you using?
>
>Windows XP SP2, patched through this morning.

I wonder if you meant SP3 --not that that would explain your
symptoms.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/28/2008 6:13:47 PM
In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Try opening Sample.mny from your install folder. If that opens and
>> >> can back up successfully, then the installation is probably not the
>> >> problem.
>
>Sample.mny will open. When I try to back it up, I get the same result as I 
>do with my own files. That is, an error message and the program closes.


That's good news, actually. It points to a problem outside of your
individual file.

Make note of Mark's post-- especially the IE 8 beta bit.

If you cannot explain the problem otherwise, reinstall Money onto
your XP computer. I hope you still have your install file. Start
Sample.mny file first after reinstall and let any updates happen so
that you are sure you still have version 17.0.120.1415 after
reinstall.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/28/2008 6:15:09 PM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>...reinstall Money onto
> your XP computer. I hope you still have your install file. Start
> Sample.mny file first after reinstall and let any updates happen so
> that you are sure you still have version 17.0.120.1415 after
> reinstall.

Thanks. Do I uninstall first, or just do an install from the CD WITHOUT 
uninstalling?
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 6:24:01 PM
"Mark" wrote:
> You don't happen to be using IE 8 beta do you?

No. My IE is 7.0.5730.13, and I almost never use it. Rather I'm using 
Firefox 2.0.0.14.

> Have you double checked the Backup settings (Tools - Settings - Backup 
> Settings) to verify that they are Saving In a valid location?

Yes.

> Since you mentioned the crash occuring around the compression step, have you 
> tried turning off that option?

Yes, and the result is the same with either sample.mny or my own file: the 
program closes because of an error.

0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 6:36:01 PM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:
> 
> >> What OS are you using?
> >
> >Windows XP SP2, patched through this morning.
> 
> I wonder if you meant SP3 --not that that would explain your
> symptoms.

No. I haven't been offered SP3 through the Automatic Update service. My Dell 
Optiplex 740 is running WinXP Pro 5.1.2600 according to the Help & Support 
screen. The update installed this morning seemed to be for something that 
doesn't affect me.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 6:42:05 PM
In microsoft.public.money, HaLeBu wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>>...reinstall Money onto
>> your XP computer. I hope you still have your install file. Start
>> Sample.mny file first after reinstall and let any updates happen so
>> that you are sure you still have version 17.0.120.1415 after
>> reinstall.
>
>Thanks. Do I uninstall first, or just do an install from the CD WITHOUT 
>uninstalling?

I would try it from the CD first. If Money wants you to uninstall
first, it will say so.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
5/28/2008 7:11:04 PM
What are the "details" of that error (there's probably a 'click here' link 
for more details)?


"HaLeBu" <HaLeBu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E8B51921-6E48-40C1-854A-789B7C5EC15E@microsoft.com...
> "Mark" wrote:
>> You don't happen to be using IE 8 beta do you?
>
> No. My IE is 7.0.5730.13, and I almost never use it. Rather I'm using
> Firefox 2.0.0.14.
>
>> Have you double checked the Backup settings (Tools - Settings - Backup
>> Settings) to verify that they are Saving In a valid location?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Since you mentioned the crash occuring around the compression step, have 
>> you
>> tried turning off that option?
>
> Yes, and the result is the same with either sample.mny or my own file: the
> program closes because of an error.
> 

0
abcd7779 (838)
5/28/2008 7:20:23 PM
Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> I would try it from the CD first. If Money wants you to uninstall
> first, it will say so.

No joy - am I ever sorry I converted from Quicken.

I reinstalled and updated to .1415. I then opened Sample and backed it up. 
Worked OK with compressed backup. I then went to my file. It would not back 
up, giving me the same error as before. Ditto with Sample on the retry. So 
there's something corrupting the backup process. Tell me what to do now. 
Obviously the first step is another reinstall from the CD.  Then presumably I 
restore my original 5/22  backup of my two files, first renaming my copied 
files so I can do the extract of new entries that you suggested.

It it possible that the problem is that I began with a huge Quicken file, 
and that my file in Money Plus is now so large that it won't work properly? 
In that case I can go back and delete everything up to a certain year and 
start over.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 7:44:02 PM
"Mark" wrote:
> What are the "details" of that error (there's probably a 'click here' link 
> for more details)?

AppName: msmoney.exe	 AppVer: 17.0.0.1414	 ModName: msvcr80.dll
ModVer: 8.0.50727.762	 Offset: 0001e879

Do you need the second set of details?

0
HaLeBu (15)
5/28/2008 7:49:02 PM
No, don't need the dump. I was hoping for a different error. This one's a 
little too generic.

Do you happen to have some other "security" software installed/running (for 
example Anti Virus, firewall, "disk protection", etc)?
If so you might try temporarily disabling (or even uninstalling them) to 
test if they are interfering.

A couple of additional thoughts:
- Since Money has had problems in the past with certain modules on the Home 
page, try changing the start page in Money to something else (such as the 
account list: Tools - Setting - Program Settings), restart Money confirming 
that it now starts there and then see if it still crashes when you exit.
- There's a remote posibility that it could be due to having Firefox as your 
default browser. Try temporarily making IE your default browser then start 
Money and see if it still crashes when you exit
- You might also try creating a new "admin" user account in XP and log into 
that Windows account and see if you can run Money without it crashing.
- Try creating a brand new file (File - New) and see if that works. I'd 
suspect that you'll have the same problem if Sample was crashing as well.

Other than that, you may need to contact Microsoft Support directly to see 
if they an offer some additional assistance.

Thanks,
Mark


"HaLeBu" <HaLeBu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:8FCBC710-EAFA-4E74-8E71-6329B59BE593@microsoft.com...
> "Mark" wrote:
>> What are the "details" of that error (there's probably a 'click here' 
>> link
>> for more details)?
>
> AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 17.0.0.1414 ModName: msvcr80.dll
> ModVer: 8.0.50727.762 Offset: 0001e879
>
> Do you need the second set of details?
> 

0
abcd7779 (838)
5/28/2008 8:11:46 PM
"Mark" wrote:
> Do you happen to have some other "security" software installed/running (for 
> example Anti Virus, firewall, "disk protection", etc)?
> If so you might try temporarily disabling (or even uninstalling them) to 
> test if they are interfering.

The only change, from the initial installation that worked, to the present 
was that I upgraded AVG Free antivirus from 7.5 to 8.0. I don't think I can 
restore 7.5, which is about to be eliminated. The other security programs are 
ThreatFire, Zone Alarm Firewall previously reported, and WinPatrol.
 
> A couple of additional thoughts:
> - Since Money has had problems in the past with certain modules on the Home 
> page, try changing the start page in Money to something else (such as the 
> account list: Tools - Setting - Program Settings), restart Money confirming 
> that it now starts there and then see if it still crashes when you exit.
> - There's a remote posibility that it could be due to having Firefox as your 
> default browser. Try temporarily making IE your default browser then start 
> Money and see if it still crashes when you exit

That shouldn't be the cause, since I was using Firefox when Money worked in 
the initial installation.

> - You might also try creating a new "admin" user account in XP and log into 
> that Windows account and see if you can run Money without it crashing.

Too much work.

> - Try creating a brand new file (File - New) and see if that works. I'd 
> suspect that you'll have the same problem if Sample was crashing as well.

That doesn't seem worth the effort for the reason you give.
 
> Other than that, you may need to contact Microsoft Support directly to see 
> if they an offer some additional assistance.

There is no way I will pay for a support call on a brand new program. 
Instead I'll scrap the program and go back to an upgraded Quicken.

Thanks for all your help. There is, however, one outstanding issue that 
neither you nor Cal has responded to: is there a way around the Repair issue. 
I don't believe I passworded my file(s), and yet Money wants a password (not 
my Windows Live password) before it will let me try to repair the file. Is 
this a known bug?

What I will do is, when I get to my summer home at week's end, is follow 
your and Cal's suggestions and see if I can make Money Plus work properly on 
this computer. Alternatively, I'll install it on my laptop (which still has 
AVG 7.5) and see if that makes a difference. I'll start with restoring the 
5/22 backup and adding the new files via QIF as Cal suggested. If not, I'll 
write Money Plus off and return to an upgraded Quicken, which is probably 
what I should have done in the first place, given all the time I've lost.

Thanks for all your help.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/29/2008 12:28:01 AM
"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> >There is no way I will pay for a support call on a brand new program....
> 
> It's free. Write down the serial number from Help->About as your
> product ID.

Thanks for letting me know, since that's NOT what the web site says, which 
is why I've been posting here.
0
HaLeBu (15)
5/29/2008 12:59:00 AM
The upgrade to AVG is likely the source of the problem.
I suspect that they installed a different version of msvcr80.dll that is not 
compatible with Money.
Money installs version 8.0.50727.42
The error message you provided reported your copy as version 8.0.50727.762

If you do a search on your computer for msvcr80.dll you'll probably be able 
to find the .42 version somewhere.
Since the AV program is likely loading first, it's the one that puts it's 
copy of msvcr80 into memory. So, you might try replacing the copy in the AVG 
folder with the .42 version and then reboot your computer, and see if that 
resolves the problem.

-Mark


"HaLeBu" <HaLeBu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A41855FF-8F7F-424C-9464-37218D2D0047@microsoft.com...
> "Mark" wrote:
>> Do you happen to have some other "security" software installed/running 
>> (for
>> example Anti Virus, firewall, "disk protection", etc)?
>> If so you might try temporarily disabling (or even uninstalling them) to
>> test if they are interfering.
>
> The only change, from the initial installation that worked, to the present
> was that I upgraded AVG Free antivirus from 7.5 to 8.0. I don't think I 
> can
> restore 7.5, which is about to be eliminated. The other security programs 
> are
> ThreatFire, Zone Alarm Firewall previously reported, and WinPatrol.
>
>> A couple of additional thoughts:
>> - Since Money has had problems in the past with certain modules on the 
>> Home
>> page, try changing the start page in Money to something else (such as the
>> account list: Tools - Setting - Program Settings), restart Money 
>> confirming
>> that it now starts there and then see if it still crashes when you exit.
>> - There's a remote posibility that it could be due to having Firefox as 
>> your
>> default browser. Try temporarily making IE your default browser then 
>> start
>> Money and see if it still crashes when you exit
>
> That shouldn't be the cause, since I was using Firefox when Money worked 
> in
> the initial installation.
>
>> - You might also try creating a new "admin" user account in XP and log 
>> into
>> that Windows account and see if you can run Money without it crashing.
>
> Too much work.
>
>> - Try creating a brand new file (File - New) and see if that works. I'd
>> suspect that you'll have the same problem if Sample was crashing as well.
>
> That doesn't seem worth the effort for the reason you give.
>
>> Other than that, you may need to contact Microsoft Support directly to 
>> see
>> if they an offer some additional assistance.
>
> There is no way I will pay for a support call on a brand new program.
> Instead I'll scrap the program and go back to an upgraded Quicken.
>
> Thanks for all your help. There is, however, one outstanding issue that
> neither you nor Cal has responded to: is there a way around the Repair 
> issue.
> I don't believe I passworded my file(s), and yet Money wants a password 
> (not
> my Windows Live password) before it will let me try to repair the file. Is
> this a known bug?
>
> What I will do is, when I get to my summer home at week's end, is follow
> your and Cal's suggestions and see if I can make Money Plus work properly 
> on
> this computer. Alternatively, I'll install it on my laptop (which still 
> has
> AVG 7.5) and see if that makes a difference. I'll start with restoring the
> 5/22 backup and adding the new files via QIF as Cal suggested. If not, 
> I'll
> write Money Plus off and return to an upgraded Quicken, which is probably
> what I should have done in the first place, given all the time I've lost.
>
> Thanks for all your help. 

0
abcd7779 (838)
5/29/2008 3:55:15 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

Excel Formulae #4
I've been trying hard to find a formula which would enable me (from one cell) to Add several cells and Subtract the answer from another cell (subtracting items of expenditure from a starting total). I could manage this with Lotus - but Excel does not seem to behave the same. Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ken. One way: Say you wanted to subtract A1, A2, A3, J4 and N5 from L6: =L6-SUM(A1:A3,J4,N5) In article <173d01c3fbd6$3df0f300$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "KenS." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been trying hard ...

Money 2004 Upgrade Problem
I've been using Money 2003 small business. When I put in Money 2004 Standard it converted my files to 2004. I want the full small business functionality but now cannot open my files in 2003. The error reads: "Money cannot locate '(file name)' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I know the file is not read-only and is not open in another program. I also have the permission to change files on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do? I'm prett...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

Data Analysis Plus Add-In
My Data Analysis Plus add-in has disappeared. I had it installed at one time, but now it is gone. I've attempted to reinstall the add-in several times and rebooted each time, but to no avail. Running XP Pro and Office Pro software. Any ideas? Thanks, MJ You probably have done this but .... have you looked at Tools/Addins . there is a Browse button in case Excel cannot find it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

publisher: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Money 2004 Backup file
Hi Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it in the root folder. Thanks Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? >For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But >it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it >in the root folder. ...

Import data from Money 2002 to Excel
Hi, I'd like to import some transactions history from Money 2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx. In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >Hi, > >I'd like to import some transactions history from Money >2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Prepare a report in Money and right-click into it. You can copy and paste or choose Export.... For more sophisticated information access, search Google for Moneylink. ...

Can Money store bill balances?
Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. Only if you create a liability account, record the bill as a liability, then pay all or part. The balance of the liability account is the balance of the bill. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "BDK" <BDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298D90B7-A9CC-4F60-B598-196D52517C16@microsoft.com... > Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a > bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. See also http://u...

Money 2007 deluxe backup issue
for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive around the 3 mb area - i have compact data checked - regular files are 8 & 12 mb are there settings to change to prevent this from happening there is plenty of space on the drive it names the file xxxd1 when i used my gigabank 8gb drive it did not do this but alas it died when i just try to continue on the 4g it says already used insert me medium advise please thanks In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote: >for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive >around the 3 mb area...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Convert Text to Number on 4,508 excel files.
Hi all. I'm faced with a rather unique problem.I have a large amount of improperly formatted excel files. They all have various cells formatted as text, yet they contain numbers and perform calculations on the cells. I now need to get these in a proper state. What I need is: Conversion of all text boxes containing numbers over to proper format of number. Do it automagically. I don't relish the thought of opening each one individually and fixing it. Any thoughts, tips or ideas on this? It could possible if you process that works by Scripting . In Scripting engine 5.6 Filesystem...

Microsoft Query #4
I receive message SQL0104 when changing a column heading in Microsoft Query while using the Client Access ODBC driver to connet to an iSeries 400 server. I have been informed by IBM that this is a problem with Microsoft's Query in that it incorrectly quotes the new Column Heading name before sending it to the ODBC Driver . Is anyone aware of a update or solution? Thanks Nick Thanks everyone, I just located the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 298955, I followed the procedures below, and the SQL0104 error went away. 1. Quit all Office programs.. 2. Click Start, and ...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Money 2005 #34
Perhaps I don't quite understand how to use Money, it's all new to me but this is my question, When I create an invoice and I receive that invoice into my business account it shows as "payment for invoice" but when the check for that invoice is deposited into my bank it shows up as 2 deposits when I download info from the bank. I can't get them to "match" as the "payment for invoice" does not show as an income. Am I missing something? -- Any help will be greatly appreciated, MtnMaine I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem because...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

Money 2005 UK 'My Money' homepage
Does the UK version of Money 2005 have all the same options for synchorising account data onto the internet via the 'My Money' web page, the same was as the US version does? I keep being told that my accounts information is being uploaded to 'My Money' on the web..but can't find head nor tail when I sign on with my net password. Any thoughts... thanks The UK version has much much less of the online stuff that the US version has. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK t...

Upgrading from trial to Money 2005
I've installed a trial version of Money from the Microsoft website and having used it successfully decided to by the 2005 version. I'm having problems when I install 2005 - it says it's going to back up my data file and then convert it but when it tries i get the message that it can't find the data file or it may be write protected. I've checked the data file and it's not write protected and 2005 is definitely looking in the right place for it. Can anyone help please as I don't want to lose the data i've set up. Thanks in advance Tracey In microsoft.pu...

money 2004 canadian and norton antivirus
Can't install because of norton antivirus Turn off Norton Antivirus? -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Sylvain" <sylvain.savage@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:083401c358ef$094794e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can't install because of norton antivirus ...

problem with opening a money file <WEIRD>
I have used money 2005 for a year. Couple days ago I had to format my hard drive and install Windows XP a new. I saved my money mny file and the backup to it in the safe place. When I installed MS Money on my new system and tryed to open my mny file it displayed this error: --------------------------------------------------------------------- Money cannot locate 'filename' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you wi...

Money 2003 D&B
Whenever I try to start the Money 2003 d&B Invoice Designer, either from within Money or from the Start/Programs/ Menus, I get a series of Window Installer error boxes that say it "Can't load file" and refers to a SerialNumber.DLL file in a temp directory. After clicking on OK 9 times, the Invoice Designer starts. This is getting a little aggrevating having to clck OK 9 times just to start the program. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Money 2003 D&B without success. Can any body offer a solution? BTY, I am running WinXP Home, SP1. Thanks. ...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration #4
We have 3 different NT 4.0 domain & one Exchange 5.5 organisation with 3 different Sites. We have already completed the User ID migration from 3 NT domain to Windows 2003 AD & also install the ADC. Now we are going to Migrate mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 & I have Installed first Exchange 2003 to first site of Exchange 5.5. Now we need to install the 2nd Exchange 2003 Server on Second Site of Exchange 5.5. I want to know whether we need to create any Routing Group on First Exchange 2003 before installing the 2nd Exchange 2003. -- Regards, Ahmad M. Zahoory E-...

problems with backup files for money 98
i recently purchased a new pc, and installed my version of money 98, and it does not recognize the backup files i saved on a cd-rw, however, it does bring them up on my old pc. when attempting to start up money, it displays a message that says 'cannot locate D:Financials....., this may be due to the file being read only. you can change this in windows explorer by changing its properties' i have been able to open money, but cannot retrieve the files of my accounts. i have saved it (the backup files) to the hard drive, and it says the same thing. this problem is critical as t...

Earn Big Money
Your source for Internet Training, Net-Marketing Training, Internet Success, and Comprehensive Internet Education Fulfill Your Dreams! Thanks for taking a look at our introductory page about Internet training, Net-Marketing training, Internet advertising, Internet success, Internet education, and advertising and marketing tutorials! Click on these links to find what you're looking for regarding Internet training, Net-Marketing training, Internet success, Internet education, and Advertising and Marketing tutorials. We've tried to make our web site about Success On The Internet the v...