money password #6

I have using Microsoft Monay on one of my computers and I
want to transfer the money file to an other computer and
it is asking me for a password alltough I do not have a
password for this file.

Can you help me?

Joco
0
anonymous (74722)
9/20/2004 8:12:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Joco wrote:

>I have using Microsoft Monay on one of my computers and I
>want to transfer the money file to an other computer and
>it is asking me for a password alltough I do not have a
>password for this file.

See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q152

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/20/2004 8:17:54 PM
Maybe. This message is also emitted if the file Money is trying to open was
created by a NEWER version of Money. Make sure both machines are using the
SAME version of Money.

"Joco" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have using Microsoft Monay on one of my computers and I
> want to transfer the money file to an other computer and
> it is asking me for a password alltough I do not have a
> password for this file.
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Joco

Exchange 2003 / Groupshield 6 problems
Hi all Sitting here at 1pm on Sunday - NT4/exchange 5.5-->2003/2003 migration has gone reasoably well and is now "live". Thank god for a test lab! Only problems we can now find are that some messages when read "hang" RPCServ.exe on the server which is a Groupshield 6 module. When this hangs, a client mailbox will also freeze. Killing the process releases the client, but then the message body doesn't show.... Can't find anything on this anywhere apart from some references to a Beta version of GSE - but no solution. One message that kicks this problem off re...

Money 2001 & Windows XP
I have recently upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP and am having difficulty downloading bank transactions from the bank to Money. It always worked in the past. I can go to the bank's site and retrive the history. When i go to download, it acts like it's trying to send but I get no confirmation that the transactions reached Money and I can't find the imported file. ...

Changing Password Upon Next Login
Hello: Yesterday, we were trying out the GP 9.0 user ID change password upon next login feature. When we logged in as the user, we tried to change the password and it would not let us login. Now, that was the first time that we had tried logging in as that user. (It was a new user setup.) Could that have been the reason? Or, what reason would the system give for not allowing the changing of the password and logging in? We got a message saying contact the system administrator. Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Converting Quicken 2003 to Money 2004
Has anyone successfully done this? Please tell all of us how. I'm running XP pro, 512 Mg memory, 80 Gb HD, with 40 Gb free disk space. Nothing works when trying to convert. TIA Need a bit more information about what you mean by "Nothing works". What error messages; what happens that you didn't expect; how far down the conversion process etc etc. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "KRH" <khrdlica203@comcast.net> w...

I need to get across an excel password
I recently lost my dad and unfortunately he passworded an excel document where he listed important information about his estate. its an open password, is there anyway i can get help on that file. Hi if he has choosen a complicated password this could be difficult. You may search Google for 'Excel password remover'. There're several programs to break these passwords -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nnamdi wrote: > I recently lost my dad and unfortunately he passworded an > excel document where he listed important information > about his estate. its an open p...

snycnronize money on network computers
I have two computers that are networked together. I have both computers set up with MS Money 2004 deluxe. Is it possible to set up a network folder for Money? So that no matter what computer I work off of, Money will be updated automatically.... As of now I have Money Folder Shared in the network but what ever computer I'm working at that present time, will save the info I entered to a new folder in my docs that's not shared.... Yes. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=111. You need to move the .MNY data file to a shared folder. Putting your data file in Program Files\Microsof...

outlook express version 6 #3
Hi One of my staff is using the above outlook on MS XP Pro and he received this message from one of his client : Message could not be displayed Outlook Express encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again. We are using the outlook express as standalone application and we dont have any mail server or exchange server. We are outsourse our mail server. Its Unix based. I cant delete this message. How do i rectify this problem ? I read one of you article Article ID : 833306 and it recommended to get the...

Money 2004 unable to sign-on passport
For the past 6 or 7 days, I've been unable to logon to my passport through the msmoney signon screen. I get a message stating that the user-id or password is invalid. But I know that they are correct. I can still work - just can't download my transactions from moneycentral because I can't sign-on with my passport. I am not having any problems using my passport id/password for MSNMessenger as well as moneycentral.msn.com. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any suggestions? ...

Money, default browser
I have set the Money (2004) options to use my default browser (IE6), but it continues to connect to the Internet through its built-in browser. Any suggestions? Tools->Options->Connection Option in there to tell which browser for Money to use -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any un...

password protect a macro
i have a sheet with a button which executes a macro, i would like t make it so that you can only run the macro (clcik the button) if yo supply the correct password thanks robert -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Add the line If inputbox("Please Enter Password") <> "PASSWORD" then end Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com spot on.thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Upgrading from Money 2005 to Deluxe
I bought the standard version and found out like a lot of people that the debt planner and cash flow was gone and I read that some people couldn't find out where to upgrade to the deluxe version. I just did it so here is how you do it. On your "My Money" home page if you have the box "What's new in Money 2005" on the far left corner of that box in small blue letters "Upgrade to Deluxe version now" click on it and it will take you to a special web site. The cost is $19.95 and it is a DOWNLOAD only but I was never asked to save any files. After you ...

Escrow Accounts in Money 2004 Deluxe
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C39C83.CCF80140 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just set up a mortgage account with associated escrow payments for the = first time. It appears that my monthly payments are correctly allocated = to principal, interest, insurance, and taxes, but then the escrow = amounts just seem to disappear. I'd like to be able to see what the = current escrow balance is, and be able to record the transfer from = escrow account to payee when the premium or t...

Money budget problems
I set up a budget in money and clicked finish which took me to the review your budget status page. Under budget details, I can view actual and budgeted expenses. My problem is that the values in the budgeted expenses are wrong. For example, I budgeted $120/month for a certain bill and it says I budgeted $90. The same for my deposits. I have completely started from scratch several times with the same results. Any help? Could you be a Canadian using a US version of money?? This happened to me & I just switched to Money 2004 Canadian version. "Amy" <anonymous@di...

IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005?
Where is the IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005? Gone to the dustbin of obsolete Money features. "IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005?" <IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:029417EB-1BE1-492E-8482-FB9C2F587AA1@microsoft.com... > Where is the IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005? Thank God. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%2342R1qr3EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Gone to the dustbin of obsolete Money features. > > "IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005?" <IMPORT OF OFC...

Password for Money 2000
Recently backed-up my data files in order to restore XP Home on my Presario 6000. When I tried to restore my file, a password was requested. I did not ever use a password on my files. I've tried all I can think of but no luck. I've seen others post the same problem but I cannot find the thread that will lead to a solution or a "give up" answer. Anybody have a solution to this problem? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=105. "Michael R" <mtighe@ftci.com> wrote in message news:93e201c496ba$41cc2d80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Recently backed-up my da...

Outlook Express 6.0 / Spell Check button is gray, will not work. H
Hello. I just downloaded Outlook 6.0 but I cannot Spell Check. What is that about? I have downloaded all microsoft updates, programs. I would REALLY appreciate if someone could help. Thank you so much. David B. do you have Office installed? OE needs office to provide spell check. The Live mail client has its own spellchecker. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

Web queries for a password-protected ASP page
I would like to easily extract data from a web page that I have created using Active Server Pages. The rub here is that the page is password protected and that it must be filtered before it provides the correct results. The commands to do the filtering are NOT in the URL. How can I use a web query to extract this data from my web page. When I try to do it I get the response that I am not logged in which is the typical response if I try to display a page from the URL only w/o logging in. Should I be looking at something besides web queries to simply cut and paste information from my web pa...

Money and PocketPC
Supported of not supported, I think the whole thing about the Pocket version of Money is a mess. Since MM 2005 I do use the PocketPC version first, first on the 2003 OS of PocketPC. My base has been the HP iPAQ 2110 with 2003 SE and ActiveSync 3.8. Later on ActiveSync 4.0 and Microsoft Money went to 2006 with the PocketPC version 2006 after the summer holidays (bad planning!). This year we went to WM5 and I still haven't got a single problem. Now on the iPAQ 2190b (WM5 AKU2) it's still working fine, I use now ActiveSync 4.2. Just before my summer holidays Money 2007 has been rel...

Money 2006 Budget
I recently upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2006 at the urging of a friend who told me the budgeting feature in 2006 was fantastic. However, I can't seem to get it to work. There are two major problems: First Issue: I enter my income, very simple, only one item. I get paid every two weeks, so Monday computes a monthly subtotal, and this is correct. For the sake of argument, let's say it's $1000. Then, I enter my expense budget items, including double-checking the ones Money pulled from my scheduled Bills. These are all correct. For the sake of example, let's say it'...

Money 2003
When I print invoices, the DESCRIPTION field for each invoice line item is truncated. Is there a way to fix this? ...

Protecting Worksheets and hiding based on password
I did a search on this and got close but not exactly what I was lookin for. I would like to password protect worksheets within a workbook. would like the password window to open upon opening the workbook, th user would enter their password, then the appropriate sheets would b displayed. Is this possible? I have 3 sheets each for an individua user and a chart that graphically charts the three users progress. S when user one opens the workbook they enter their password and se their worksheet only and so on for all the other users. Thanks Bdun -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

Invoice Designer Problem. MS Money 2003 Deluxe and Business
I run a delivery company and want to change the invoice designer in Money to fit my needs. I know you can change the LOOK of it, but I need to change the actual input area. For example, I do not want the Quanity and Price columns to automatically multiply and give me a total result. I need to input information is a certain way...and do not want the format that I am given. (Again, I realize you can change the LOOK of the trmplate, but what I want is to customize the area in which you enter the information. Can this be done with the program I have, or do I need to upgrade to another vers...

Spell check halted on OE 6 / Win XP Home
Hi all, I keep getting an error whenever I send an email from Outlook Express 6. The error says - The spell check on this document was halted. Do you wish to send it anyway?. I would like to have the email system automatically scan for misspelled word, etc so how do I get this fixed? Thanks How To Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6 http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm Spell Checker Not Working in Windows XP http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm#xp_spell_checker -- Dian...

Please help #6
Hi, May I know how to create a variable that links to a cell? What I meant is I have a list that looks like this : indo : indo.xls sg : na.xls india : na.xls tw : na.xls thai : na.xls Is there are a in which I could make indo,sg,india,tw and thai as variable in which I could use for the entire book? in which will parse the value that is define by the user in this case the variable indo will pasrse me the value/string indo.xls Is it possible? Please help. Thanks in advance. Cheers, Howie --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Choose Insert/Name/Defi...

Money 2007 calculation error
I am updating a 401(k) account with manula entry. All of my contributions are in, and I am updating the purchases. When I put the amount of shares as 5.4952 and the price as 4.14, Money returns a calculated value of .23. The correct value should be 22.75. I can adjust by moving either decimal 2 places, but that would be innaccurate. I even tried loading the trial version of Money Deluxe and the calculation error persists. I have two other 401(k) accounts that do not have this calculation error. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this error? I don't want to delet...