Money Market Accounts & Budgets

Hello:

I use my money market account as my primary checking account.  As a result,
when I view my budget, the purchase or sale of shares in the money market
fund, which are "cash" transactions in an account linked to my budget, are
treated as income and expenses, rather than as sweeps of cash into an
investment vehicle.  How can I enter these transactions so they are neutral
from an income/expense perspective, unlike ordinary checks or cash
withdrawals from the same investment account?

Hunter in CT
0
CT (8)
10/2/2007 2:01:00 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Set up that account as a bank account (checking) not a money market account.
Dick or Cal can provide you with the link to the FAQ that will tell you how
to convert your existing MM transactions into your new "checking" account.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Hunter in CT" <Hunter in CT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I use my money market account as my primary checking account.  As a
> result,
> when I view my budget, the purchase or sale of shares in the money market
> fund, which are "cash" transactions in an account linked to my budget, are
> treated as income and expenses, rather than as sweeps of cash into an
> investment vehicle.  How can I enter these transactions so they are
> neutral
> from an income/expense perspective, unlike ordinary checks or cash
> withdrawals from the same investment account?
>
> Hunter in CT

0
Privacy1 (389)

How to view budget when entering in item?
I have a budget setup for items entered into the food category. I'd like to see where I am each time I enter a food item or go back and look at a food item already entered. Sometimes I see the progress bar at the bottom of the register that shows how much of the budget I've used for food items. I don't see that now, although I haven't paid attention to it in a while. Is there a way to have it always appear for budgeted items? Thanks, Brett What version/edition? Advanced or Essential Register, if applicable? Are split transactions involved? "brett" <account@...

Inbox icon for all email accounts not working?
I've got Outlook 2002. It holds my work and personal (Hotmail) email addresses. When I get a new email in my work inbox, an envelope icon appears at the bottom right hand corner of my computer (where the other icons are). But if I get a new hotmail message, this does not happen. Both accounts are set to send/receive messages every 1 minute. Hotmail is even my default mail account. Any idea on how to configure my email accounts in order to be alerted (with icon at bottom right hand corner) to both work AND hotmail? It doesn't work work Hotmail. I just stay logged on to MSN Mes...

Duplicate Accounts when Online Update
I have MS Money 2008 Home & Business. Windows XP-32 bit. When I first set up MS Money, the Online Updates worked fine. I bank with Wells Fargo and when I clicked update now, it would go out and update my Checking and Savings account ok. I have changed a few things, trying to config MS Money for 1st time use, and now when I update this bank account, it creates new accounts with a #2 after each one. I changed my user name and password, at Wells Fargo request. I went into MS Money, and Changed the account settings. Ever since then, the account just failed to connect. Tonight, I went t...

no mapping account name and security ID
Hi friends, I have a problem with a remote server on a branch office, this server is the default logon server of that "Site" according our domain topology, so it's not the Domain Controller but a replica domain server, and I'm trying to install a hotfix of microsoft but the installation crash and show a message like "Error Code 0x80070534 (1332) no mapping account name and security ID was done" ... so I thing the app is trying to contact the DC to obtaing SID but it's not contacting the "Site" replica domain controller... I can logon on a rem...

Crystal Report for Account Statements - accountReceivableHistory,
Rather than using the built-in account statements, I'd like to do it in Crystal so that I can have full control. I'm hoping that someone else has done this work and can perhaps provide a Crystal report. Thanks for reading. Tim ...

Bi-weekly budget vs monthly
I have been using Money 2003 for 3 years now, and I just lost downloading capabilities for my mutual funds/stocks, so I am thinking of upgrading to Money 2006. One pet peeve I had with 2003 was budgeting for a 4 week (28 day) period as opposed to one month. Can you accomplish this in Money 2006? For example, since my wife and I both get paid on a biweekly basis, I run a a 28 day budget, not a monthly budget. This means that a new budget period will usually start in the middle of a month, not at the beginning. It is no problem to enter pay dates, grocery expenses every 2 weeks, etc....

Money 2005 very slow after Accept button pressed
Is there any way to speed up Money 2005 Deluxe? The transaction accept takes about 10 seconds. I confirmed that there are no upgrades or updates going on in the background. I've got 1G of DRAM and a 2.4G Pentium running 2000 Pro. Thanks, Bob Also... I removed everything from the "Home" page and restarted. Still slow. Bob In microsoft.public.money, Robert Sorrells wrote: >Is there any way to speed up Money 2005 Deluxe? The transaction accept >takes about 10 seconds. I confirmed that there are no upgrades or updates >going on in the backgro Try making a c...

Provide a list of all accounts with this criteria
I dont even know where to begin with this one... If Column A has the digits 23, 83, 849, 759 and Column AL has the word "RESEARCH" then provide me a list of all the accounts in Column B that meets those standards... any ideas??!! Thanks in advance Senor Martinez wrote: > I dont even know where to begin with this one... > > If Column A has the digits 23, 83, 849, 759 and Column AL has the word > "RESEARCH" then provide me a list of all the accounts in Column B that meets > those standards... any ideas??!! Thanks in advance > No...

Money 2004
Has anyone had a problem w/ loggin in? Twice now, it has gotten an attitude w/ me and will not allow me to enter. I've gone thru the steps to change passwords w/ no luck. Any thoughts? ...

Find Money 2006 Premium Rebate
I downloaded Money 2006 Premium but didn't print out the rebate at that time. Now I'm trying to find the link to the rebate again. Can I still get to it? Go to Google and search for "rebate Money 2006"; you'll find several links and copies of the $30 rebate coupon. One of them is at Amazon.com. BUT... the coupon specifically says it isn't valid on downloaded products. On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:12:04 -0800, Lyonheart <Lyonheart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I downloaded Money 2006 Premium but didn't print out the rebate at that time. >Now I'...

Microsoft Money vs. Quicken?
I am trying to decide between Microsoft Money and Quicken. I will use this to pay bills on-line and reconcile my checking accounts. I would like the program to show a list of monthly bills. As each bill is paid, I want it to be highlighted in a different color. Which program should I get? I have never used either and would appreciate the benefit of your experience. Thank you, Allen Given the specificity of the user interface you want, Excel might be best for your purposes. <steensworld@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1171633995.498548.61180@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > ...

I paid for Microsoft Money but my downlaod failed
This is a long sordid story, but I paid for MS Money 2005 Deluxe and the download failed (I was using Firefox, big mistake there). So now I have no way of re-downloading. But the funny thing is my credit card was charged. And guess what? The support for billing says I need to contact Money support, and Money support says I need an activation dose or I have to spend $35 per incident or $249 per year. In microsoft.public.money, John Brandon <John Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This is a long sordid story, but I paid for MS Money 2005 Deluxe and the >download faile...

seperate e-mail accounts
We purchased a new computer with windows xp. It has outlook. On our old computer we had outlook express. Each family member had a seperate account and retreved their e-mails by swithing identities. On this system everyones e-mails are directed to one(the main account. Is there a way to have seperate accountsas in express? Thanks you should go to the tool button and go to email acounts. set up the various email accounts in your family, but when you or everyone open up outlook, your mail can be see by everyone. the other option is to set up different users on your computer and then the ...

Money 2007 Incompatibilities
I just read that Microsoft has decreed that Money 2007 Essentials will not be able to open to previous versions of Money files. This has made my decision to switch to Quicken a no-brainer. I've struggled along with Money through each version with the attitude of "the devil you know", but it appears that longtime users are no longer important to Microsoft unless they are willing to upgrade to a product that they don't need. Since I will no longer use my existing Money files, it just feels like Microsoft is holding a gun to my head. thanks, Microsoft. What makes you think M...

Guest Account Vulnerabilities?
I am looking any preferably authoritative information that discusses vulnerabilities, known or otherwise, about an active 'guest' account in Vista. My own google search could not find discussions. In fact, I am hoping there is evidence that the 'guest' account is hackable, since there is a claim that it was used to send email from a notebook, and the email is considered to be in violation of some law. xpuser wrote: > I am looking any preferably authoritative information that discusses > vulnerabilities, known or otherwise, about an active 'guest...

Money 2k7 online banking update: PayPal Money Market Funds gone?
I've been using Money 2k7 for a while now (2k6 and 2k5 as well), and I've been able to do online updates for my PayPal account by setting Money upt o sync with the "PayPal - Money Market Funds" online banking. However, after this update (which I've just done), there is no longer an entry for *any* PayPal online service. WTF?!?!?!? It was there prior to the "update", it worked fine, but now it's gone?!?!? I've looked thru any of the other ones, hoping that it was called something different, but there's nothing. Not sure what to do, other than ...

Switching email accounts
Hi, I'm trying to help my boss use Outlook to access his AOL account as well as our company account. I have set up a second account on his machine with no problem, however the issue arrises when he tries to switch email accounts from the new email message. It seems that the message ALWAYS comes from the default account regardless of which one he chooses. The only way to make the feature work properly (or sao it seems) is to go into tools-accounts- etc. and manually switch the default account. Are we doing something wrong or is this perhaps a known bug? Is it possible that it'...

Exchange Administrator account deleted
I just got setting up Exchange 2003 Stand for a client, had everything working good and was getting ready to leave. The designated Admin then decides to try to edit the Global address List adn deletes the Exchange User account I created to install Exchange. Now I have a phanton "S-1-etc.." account in my security settings for Exchange. Ive tried running the delegation wizard but it errors out. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook 2007 Additional Account on Vista
Hi, I am not sure how to setup an account for my wife on the same computer running Vista. When I start Oulook 2007 under her User Account, I get an error message stating that she doesn't have access to my PST file. Is there a way to setup her own PST file separately? Her account is configured as an administrator under Vista. Thanks. ARe you using separate Windows Logons? If yes, just go to Control = Panel->Mail Icon->PRofiles->new and add her mail profile and configure a = separate data file for her storage. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to th...

money 2006 #20
account register doesn't show bills scheduled for payment in 2009. what do I do? Thank you. -- valerie I'm not sure I follow your issue. Bills scheduled to be paid have never been shown in the Account Register only in the Bills & Deposits/Bill Summary/Advanced Bills/whatever else Money calls the scheduled transactions of the years. "valerie" <valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C2E69EA-E08F-43FE-A2C3-FFE7287DDD87@microsoft.com... > account register doesn't show bills scheduled for payment in 2009. what > do I > do? Tha...

Money for PocketPC
When are Microsoft intending to release a Money 2005 compliant version of Money for the Pocket PC? The website just states 'coming soon' - it SHOULD have been available when Money 2005 was released.... ...

ms Money w/o seb?
can i run MSmoney2004 without a web connection? Absolutely yes. You will not be able to download stock prices or information from your bank, but there are other ways of inputting that information - like from paper! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:126f301c3f627$089696b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > can i run MSmoney2004 without a web connection? > ...

lost money product key (purchased by download but with CD copy)
hi, i purchased money2007 business and home edition about 3weeks agao. i also added cd copy too. after i downloaded somehow i had to format hard and re-install windows at that time i didn't save product info. because i thought cd comes with key too. but that is not. my order NO. is 4593131400. please help... please i pay for the software and if i can not use it well it will be so unfair, eventhough i made a mistake... thank you. In microsoft.public.money, mok wrote: >hi, i purchased money2007 business and home edition about 3weeks agao. >i also added cd copy too. >after i do...

Money 2001 mutual fund annual fee
Hi, I set up my new Roth IRA in Money 2001 last December (2003). I just received my December statement that shows the 2004 anuual fee. It's a $10 fee and they sold $10 worth of the mutual fund so the transaction looks like this: Dollar amount: -$10.00 Share Price: $24.05 Shares this transaction: -0.416 I'm not sure how to record this. It's not really a sale. The remove shares option doesn't let me specify the share price. The other expense option doesn't let me specify a price or number of shares, just a total amount. If this is a treated like a sale, would I...

C00D11C7 on a ASF file under a less priviledged user account 01-27-10
Hello, Wanted to look at some ASF high quality videos from PDC09. I run XP SP3 fr with WMP 11. Files use VC-1 AP and WMA ,9 PRO as GSpot says, or 10 PRO CBR as the ASF metadata says; one example file is here: http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/pdc09/wmvhigh/FT34.wmv These files play when using a privileged (Local Administrators member) account. They play under GSpot in the preview panel running as a less privileged user. But they don't play in WMP 11 in the same account on the same machine. I searched this particular user registry hive for abnormal things (by comparing to the ...