Money Key Wizard doesn't appear to work

I'm still locked out of my file.  When I 'run' the Money
Key Wizard, the browser switches straight to a screen
which says my file is not affected without appearing to
have done anything at all.  Has anyone experienced this
and found a solution?
0
anonymous (74722)
8/2/2004 10:48:41 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You need to send an email as per Russ Paul-Jones post.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Nick Thistleton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm still locked out of my file.  When I 'run' the Money
> Key Wizard, the browser switches straight to a screen
> which says my file is not affected without appearing to
> have done anything at all.  Has anyone experienced this
> and found a solution?

0
SPAM5796 (251)
8/2/2004 10:54:38 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Nick Thistleton wrote:

>I'm still locked out of my file.  When I 'run' the Money
>Key Wizard, the browser switches straight to a screen
>which says my file is not affected without appearing to
>have done anything at all.  Has anyone experienced this
>and found a solution?

Perhaps this would apply.
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10&as_scoring=r&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=You+might+be+signed+in+to+the+web+page+with+a+different+passport+than&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=30&as_maxm=7&as_maxy=2004&safe=images

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/2/2004 1:57:57 PM
This does not apply as I only have one Passport.  I have
two Money files, one with Passport and one without, but I
have made sure that the affected one is the last one I
access before attempting the fix.  I have emailed twice
now to Microsoft with no reply for 3 days.  Am I the only
one who still can't get in to their file?!!  Is there any
way of raising them on the telephone without paying a
fortune?

0
anonymous (74722)
8/3/2004 8:57:46 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Nick Thistleton wrote:

>This does not apply as I only have one Passport.  I have
>two Money files, one with Passport and one without, but I
>have made sure that the affected one is the last one I
>access before attempting the fix.

Did you change your password recently?

>  I have emailed twice
>now to Microsoft with no reply for 3 days.  Am I the only
>one who still can't get in to their file?!!

There appears to be a backlog; this was a very unusual event

>  Is there any
>way of raising them on the telephone without paying a
>fortune?

Check
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;EN-US;top&product=mny&prname=Money

I think the paid option is $35.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/3/2004 4:17:22 PM
Make sure to Sign Out of the Money Key Wizard and then Sign Back In to
ensure that you are using the exact same Passport that you are using when
trying to access your affected Money file.

-Mark
> This does not apply as I only have one Passport.  I have
> two Money files, one with Passport and one without, but I
> have made sure that the affected one is the last one I
> access before attempting the fix.  I have emailed twice
> now to Microsoft with no reply for 3 days.  Am I the only
> one who still can't get in to their file?!!  Is there any
> way of raising them on the telephone without paying a
> fortune?

0
abcd7779 (838)

money 2003, cant setup online services
The online updates of my quotes works just fine, for the securities I put in tickers they go get the latest value whenever I update, but when I try to setup online services for my accounts, it asks the company from a list, then I hit next, then I get a dialog "Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your interent connection settings and try again" any ideas, I was getting a slightly different error message this weekend, is it possible microsoft is having trouble with their network? my interent connection seems fine for all other applications and even...

reconcile Money Essentials
I have not been able to find where I can reconcile the account. I downsloaded this a couple of days ago and it is driving me nuts. Also it says to make the iten cleared and then delete it. Will that remove any record of the transaction? Int the check register of cleared items I am unable to display them in date order. Is most of this because of the Essentials program or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly apprciated...thank you -- ace There are not many users of Essentials here. It is a very very basic program and I suggest you really need one of the other...

Reinstalling Money 2004 Premium
I contacted this forum a few weeks ago about a problem that I could not open up Money. Somebody told me I had to reinstall the program but when I try to delete the software it gives me "Error 1325: 'Financial' is not a valid short file name". Financial is the name of the folder where I located my money program. I've deleted the folder but this still pops up. When I tried to reinstall Money it gives me the same error. Does anybody know how I can get around this? Thanks >Subject: Reinstalling Money 2004 Premium >From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?=" ...

CHR(13) not working for carriage return
I tried the carriage return CHR(13) in a textbox but all it does is put a small box where I want a new line and continues the text on the same line. Any suggestions on how to get it working? I'm running Windows XP if that means anything. -- TIA "tsison7" <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB633710-5A28-4BE9-98B7-8D69B524536B@microsoft.com... > I tried the carriage return CHR(13) in a textbox but all it does is put a > small box where I want a new line and continues the text on the same line. > Any suggestions on how to get it work...

Excel opens but an error message appears
I copied a folder of various files using Roxio Easy CD Creator ver 5.3.0.71. When I try to open any of the files, the following error pops up "file cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only or trying to access a read only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." I don't like to open files from removeable media. Can you copy the files to your harddrive (change the readonly attribute, if required) and then open from there? CopyCDProblems wrote: > > I copied a folder of various files using Roxio Easy CD > Creator ver 5.3.0.71...

web-based MSN Money
Is the web-based version of Money equal in performance and ability to regular Money Deluxe? Has anyone used it? Pros? Cons? Thanks, Bob ...

5.5 to 2003, troubles with Internet Mail Wizard
I'm install 2003 Exchange as it's described in http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/f4e10a4c-ce19-4694-9180-97c04298fe0f.mspx Public folders and mail accounts (private folders) moved succesfully. Now I want to remove old (5.5) server. If i'm shutdown old server i can't send email messages. All over tasks succesfully moved to new server. But I can't run Internet Mail Wizard - an error occured: The selected server fails the following prereqs: Can not have multiple network interface cards configured with separate networks in which IP r...

Callout didn't work on non-admin user
Hi, I've tried the callout on the quote detail, & it worked fine. But then I realize that I didn't change the account that the component run under from the Interactive user to a specific domain account. Because the callout didn't work when I was using non-admin user. So I changed the account from interactive user to specific domain account (I input the domain admin). Tried the callout again, but it still didn't work for non-admin user. Could anybody gives me some suggestion so the callout could also work on non-admin user? Any help would be greatly appreciated, cause ...

Handling return key in text input field
I'm developing a dialog-based MFC application. It has a couple of text input fields. I've discovered that if I press return in either of these fields, the application exits. For now, I've worked round it by setting the multiline property, but I don't really want multiline fields. I just want to ignore the return key. How can I do this please? You can override OnOK and refrain from calling the base class. In VC++ 7.1 or higher, you could add a command handler for IDOK and refrain from calling CDialog::OnOk from that. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "News" &...

Error message on Money 2005
Keep getting error message: Money is not able to load some or all of your financial Planner data. Please note the error number of the message, and then contact Microsfot Technical Support for mor information. HRESULT=0x80046213 I am using an XP machine, I have also imported a Quicken file! In microsoft.public.money, Shane Nation wrote: >Keep getting error message: >Money is not able to load some or all of your financial Planner data. Really? > Please >note the error number of the message, and then contact Microsfot Technical >Support for mor information. >HRESULT...

Money 2003 Won't Start
I can not get Money 2003 to start no matter what I try. I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled it repeatedly to no avail. I also have deleted all Money directories and nothing works. Since I am on XP, I get a messgae indicating that Money has encountered an error and must restart. Restarting does not help - I get the same message. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. Suggestion: Step 1: Attempt to start money in safe mode. How to acccess safe mode: Step 1: When you see starting Windows XP, press the F8 key Step 2: Select Safe mode Step 3: Start Money If Money open ...

Is there a Quicktime that works on Win98?
I went to a website that said you have to download some plug-in to view this video. Ok, I went to the website and it came up with 'free' Quicktime for WinXP, Vista, and Windows 7. I'll bet it's over 3 times the size of Quciktime that ran on Win98 [and I'll bet it crashes Win98], so where can I find Quicktime that runs on Win98? On 02/09/2010 01:35 PM, Robert Macy wrote: > I went to a website that said you have to download some plug-in to > view this video. > > Ok, I went to the website and it came up with 'free' Quicktime for > WinXP...

Money has encountered a problem and needs to close
After undescribable frustrations, I finally found the root cause of this problem and I am posting the solution. Symptom: Microsoft Money 2002 won't launch, displaying a dialog box with the following message: "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close". Looking at the error report content, the following is shown: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.731 ModName: msofd.dll ModVer: 10.0.0.921 Offset: 0003891a Root cause: In the "Bills and Deposits", a scheduled transfer from an account in one currency (Canadian dollars in my case) to an account in a...

Money 2007 Budget Problem
I just converted from M06 to M07. When I look at my Budget reports, it lists a bunch of transactions (all from the same account) that are under the heading "expenses not in budget" in the Monthly Budget report. This was not the case before the transfer....how do I correct this? ...

Help: Cannot sign-in Money 2004 with my passport
I searched over net and found some people with same problem, no matter how I tried ( I am sure passport information is correct), I just cannot make it, error message is The sign-in attempt for <my hotmail address> was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again. Any idea? -- WWW: http://hardywang.1accesshost.com ICQ: 3359839 yours Hardy Try reregistering the msxml3.dll file by going to the Start button, press Run, and type in 'regsvr32 msxml3.dll' this has fixed this problem in the past. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support...

Crystal reports report wizard problem
We are creating a new report in Crystal Reports using the Report Wizard. We are attempting to create a query that pulls records with particular values from a picklist field. For some odd reason, not all of the possible values are showing up as options in the select portion of the wizard. There are records with the corresponding values in the database. Does anyone have any ideas why this would happen? Thanks! Krista Krista I believe this is a crystal bug as I logged this as a support issue nearly a year ago. Its a weird one but basically the fix is to just enter the values directl...

Money 2003 Transfer Question
I have a question about data entry and I believe I am doing something wrong and was wondering if some one has info on how to correctly record it. The situation is the following: I have a primary checking account A. I have another account which is a savings account B. I have certain expenses which are not paid every month but paid once or twice a year. Some examples of these expenses are Property Tax, HomeOwners Insurance, Auto Insurance etc. The way I am handling it currently is that I transfer the amounts to the savings account (B) set up for that purpose every month. e.g if my property tax ...

arrow keys in word 2007
Hi everyone, I am unable to use my left and right arrow keys in Word 2007. They work as they should in other programs. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

find contact not working
hi, my outlook 2002 find contact bar used to work. i used it all the time. bc of other issues i uninstalled OS, reinstalled (xp home), then reinstalled my office sw (xp small business). now find contact tells me "could not find contact" even though contact exists. any ideas why? thanks, n ...

XmlResolver -- Any improvements in the works?
Could anyone within Microsoft comment on the status of the XmlResolver class in upcoming versions of the .NET framework? I am particularly interested in hearing about any improvements in how PUBLIC and SYSTEM entity references are handled. My hope is that improvements have been made that would finally allow one to build an XmlResolver that provides XML Catalog capabilities as described in the OASIS-OPEN XML Catalogs Working Draft. Without the ability to differentiate between PUBLIC and SYSTEM entities during resolution of external resources it is very difficult to take full advantage of the...

Keyboard shortcuts no longer work
Since yesterday, have had difficulty using any Ctrl shortcut normally used for formatting (such as Ctrl+Shift+Up arrow to select a range)...but the Ctrl key still works. I'm assuming it's a setting change of some sort, but seem unable to figure it out. It's for Excel 2000 Hate to sound like the help desk, but have you rebooted? "gman100" wrote: > Since yesterday, have had difficulty using any Ctrl shortcut normally used > for formatting (such as Ctrl+Shift+Up arrow to select a range)...but the Ctrl > key still works. I'm assuming it's a setting...

Lost Money File
it seems that my money file has been deleted and i dont have a backup i can access a few temp files that have *.mny extensions, but when try to open them Money says they are either corrupt or not a mone file. is there anything i can do? thanks...................... i hav tried some data recovery software and im not too familiar with it an help would be appreciated In microsoft.public.money, bms1015 wrote: >it seems that my money file has been deleted and i dont have a backup, >i can access a few temp files that have *.mny extensions, but when i >try to open them Money says they ...

decimal point override does not work
I have fixed decimal point option on, but when I want to override the fixed decimal point by placing a "." after the number I enter, it still places the decimal point. For example: I want to enter the number 4,655.00 so I type "4655." and I get 46.55. I do still want the fixed decimal point, but when I have numbers that are #.00 I do not want to have to add "00" to every number. type '4655 single quote in the beginning onlyu AL <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE2DD9E5-9C64-4CF1-82C6-AE3BEA18E1FA@microsoft.com... > I hav...

The Good Ole Work Schedule...
Well I did search for it and found a couple things that might help, but the one that I think would have helped the most had dead links in it. I have a very simple schedule. Only 3 people on it, however I have to present it to a superior and want it to look nice. I only need the chart, but obviously the data in the spreadsheet is required too to build the chart. The mall we work at is open various hours(especially over the next month). I want a chart with a bar that shows the malls hours. Then below it, in separate rows, a bar for each shift that will cover the malls hours for that day. Basi...

Query sort not working after NULL column
I have a query that has an order by e.g. ORDER BY A,B,C,D,E For this particular subset of data, columns A, B and C are all the same, column D is NULL in each row. However, column E has different values. The sort is not sorting by column E. The only thing I can think of is the NULLs in column D are throwing it off. Is this correct or should it sort column E corectly even if column D is NULL. Hope someone can shed light on this? Probably because two nulls are not equal, so there is no need to "break the equality" by looking further down (to column e) if two rows are equal by {a,...