money keeps updating in the background

money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from
doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts
and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I
can't do anything. any help will be appreciate.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote:

>money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from
>doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts
>and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I
>can't do anything. any help will be appreciate.

See Tools->InternetUpdates->CustomizeUpdates.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/20/2007 5:40:29 AM
it won't stop I have to shutdown the computer and I also tried the Money
Central reset, but it won't work I have windows XP, and I check for Updates
but I got all of them, any suggestions.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote:
>
> >money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from
> >doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts
> >and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I
> >can't do anything. any help will be appreciate.
>
> See Tools->InternetUpdates->CustomizeUpdates.

In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote:

>it won't stop I have to shutdown the computer and I also tried the Money
>Central reset, but it won't work I have windows XP, and I check for Updates
>but I got all of them, any suggestions.

At Help->About..., write down you serial number.  Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/money and click Contacts on the left.
Use your serial number as the product ID.

Let us know what fixes it for you.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote:
>>
>> >money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from
>> >doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts
>> >and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I
>> >can't do anything. any help will be appreciate.
>>
>> See Tools->InternetUpdates->CustomizeUpdates.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money #28
I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to down load my bank statement. I keep getting an error message C:\window\tempoary Internet file\content.IE5 \4B7FYG9T\history(1).QFX is corrupt or is not a MNY. extension. How can I fix this? Money does not import the QFX file format. Does your bank offer OFX or QIF? Try one of those. "Howard Benson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28ebc01c4655c$967122d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to > down load my bank statement. I keep getting an ...

formula for money additions & subtractions
I am trying to get a formula to calculate payroll deduction for cas register +/-. When an employee is over by $10 or under by $24, th difference comes out of thier check. Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would come out of th check. If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of the chec also. the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the formula to b able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much or little fo the deduction. this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i hope someon can help me Thank you, Mik -- Message posted from http...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Chart update automatically
Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved? Hi, The chart will update automatically if, - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007) - created and used a dynamic named range - i...

Error: "Updated 18040 global customer record(s) in store database"
At one store, when ever HQ Client processes a worksheet it also updates thousands of customer records every time, bogging down the system. The result is that SQL and HQ Client hog resourses to the point that requests from other registers time out and POS crashes, until the worksheet is done processing. This happened once a year ago but nobody can remember how we fixed it. Any thoughts? Thanks. Mark L According to the dealer manuals you should have HQ client on a separate PC. Not on the one with the MSDE running on it. Try moving it to a less busy machine. Or poll only after hours,...

Money 2006 won't open
Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade. It screwed up everything so much that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK. But now MS-Money won't open. The msmoney.exe file is running because I can see it in Task Manager. Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the program still won't open on the desktop. Rebooting doesn't solve anything. Any ideas? Windows XP, SP3 Have you tried: 1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with your data file from problems with the application itself.) 2) Reinstalling Money? "snavegerg...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi
I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying to check for updates or web items. Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have an answer. Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11 any help guys? in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options. If you download and run Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb8...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

Money 2006 Standard
I've just started to use the Money 2006 and I'm trying to move from the Essential Budget to the Advanced Budget, but the software does not move to the selected option. Is there any action to correct this problem? I was using a very old Money version (97) and the file was converted without any problem with budget data in the Advanced format, but as I can't select the Advanced Budget I'm not able to change anything in it. Is it possible to somebody help me on solving this problem? Thank you very much -- Bob Campos Have you tried doing a File - Repair, Bob? -- Michael Gor...

Suggestion for enhancement to Money
Money 2003 contained a feature to track frequent flier miles and points, however you have to do it manually. It would be nice to have an update feature like with bank accounts and investments so a person doesn't have to type all that in. Well, it takes two to tango. Given that all of the airlines are in bankruptcy or are desperately trying to stay out of it and given how very few Money users care about this feature, I'd be really surprised to see Microsoft worry much about convincing the airlines to support such an interface. Besides, the banks don't do such a hot job with th...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

Serious problem with Money Plus Deluxe
I have about 17 years worth of investment data in my Money file along with several years of credit card and checking account data. All of the investment transactions have been entered manually; the credit card and checking account data is downloaded online. Stock prices have been updated daily over at least the last dozen years. On Friday, after entering a bunch of new transactions which were accepted normally and shutting Money down, I tried to open my file again. After I entered my login info, Money gave me the memo that it had "encountered a problem and was shutting down.&qu...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

combo box list updating
Hi - I would like my combo box list to change base on the value of A1. That is, I have its input range being B1:F1 - "Year 1", " Year 2" etc. Example: -If cell A1 is the value "10" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 1" (which is cell "B1") -If cell A1 is the value "20" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 2" (which is cell "C1") ETC... Thanks for your help - Jim A ...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup
Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup. Windows 2000 replaced by Windows XP Home on C:\Drive. D:\Drive contains data and Backup only. PC is on a wired Home Network . I recently upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Home. I wiped the C: Drive clean (formatted) and did a "Fresh" install of Windows XP Home. I reinstalled Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe, then tried to restore my "old" 2005 Money Backup file (My Money Backup.mbf) from both D: Drive and USB thumbdrive. The Restore shows a default location ..."C:\Program Files \My Money.mny&quo...

re-download MS Money instructions??
I purchased and "installed" MS Money Deluxe today on the Internet. I have the order confirmation and codes in hand. After removing my prior version of Money Deluxe 2006 ..I received a message saying that Money could not "install files needed" and for me to "re-download the program". Where/how do I "re-download: the program? the M S Money page that I found tells me to get the code and purchase information in hand...but..stops there. Is there a site I go to re- download? thanks for any help. Rich In microsoft.public.money, rich wrote: >I pur...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

from Money 2004 to 2005 Small Biz Edition
I am sure that I can open the mny file at 2004. But its show error message when I upgrading my money file. The message show " Money Cannot locatemny file" or cannot open it,possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk is write protected. My Os is XP SP2 (T-Chinese). Is anybody upgraded successfully? I also have the same problem... What is the cause?? I cannot covert the 2004 file to 2005 version at any means.... "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6754B1C-D719-4DC1-807C-1D2CFD22AA...

Money 2004 Trial
For those who haven't found it yet, the Money 2004 Deluxe Trial (60-Day) is available from this Microsoft Website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=57c72970-36ec-495b-ad60-110e08e57abb&DisplayLang=en Pretty cool for an unannounced product. Thanks for posting! "Harlan Landes" <google@harlanlandes.com> wrote in message news:56aa4573.0307212031.ae32bbe@posting.google.com... > For those who haven't found it yet, the Money 2004 Deluxe Trial > (60-Day) is available from this Microsoft Website: > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...

Cash withdrawal used a christmas money
Hello, I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars away for Christmas and use the rest for misc expense. What is the best way to handle this in Money Plus? Thanks Frank Frank wrote: > I want to take some cash say 300.00 dollars and put 170.00 dollars > away for Christmas and use the rest for misc expense. What is the > best way to handle this in Money Plus? * Open a checking account at the bank. * Make a $300 withdrawal from your checking account. * Deposit $170 in the checking account; put $130 in your pocket. * Create a savings account in Money ...