money install #2

Hi everyone,

Just got my copy of Money Plus Home and Business (haven't installed
yet). Anything I should know before installing? Someone said you
should turn off UAC before installing and trun it back on afterwards
(I have Vista Ulitmate) - that right? Anything else I should know?
Thanks for your help.

Jim
0
jamesone (26)
9/4/2007 10:43:48 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

If upgrading from a previous version the .mny file must live in a directory
that you have full access to. Program Files is NOT a good place.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"Jim" <jamesone@cableone.net> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just got my copy of Money Plus Home and Business (haven't installed
> yet). Anything I should know before installing? Someone said you
> should turn off UAC before installing and trun it back on afterwards
> (I have Vista Ulitmate) - that right? Anything else I should know?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Jim

0
bob_peel2056 (736)

Some poor slob installed Ubuntu. Needs to run line commands to get that piece of crap to work
I installed ubuntu 9.10 and it was rebooting just before the login screen. After really long search it turned out it's the video driver, I guess the one coming with ubuntu didn't like my card. I have integrated Radeon HD3200. What worked for me: 1. Select recovery mode from grub menu (in your case for 9.10 too) 2. In the first following screen select "root with networking" to have internet 3. Install video driver package EnvyNG with: sudo apt-get install envyng-core envyng-qt <==================== line commands to get sucky Ubuntu to work. Oops. 4. Run i...

updating money to 2003
I just bought the MSMoney 2003 and I want to resotre my file from MSMoney 2000. Everytime I try to resotre the file, it gives me an error message stating that my file can't be opened due to a possible read only file or I don't have permission. I went to the support site and tried their methods even using a program called "salvage". still no luck. Can someone help me please??? Thanks for your help. Oh I am using this program on both Windows 2000 and XP. In microsoft.public.money, CKK wrote: >I just bought the MSMoney 2003 and I want to resotre my >file fr...

Outbound SMTP #2
Hi Everyone, We have deployed Exchange 2003 in two different sites with a single domain. In both sites we have internet connections. So far we are using routing group connectors to transfers inter-site messages and have 1 SMTP connector to pass outbound mail to the internet in one site. For redundancy we have implemented, and is working fine, the reception of e-mail from any of our servers into the organization. We tried to create an SMTP connector for outbound mail in the other site to attain the same redundancy we have for reception of e-mails, but, once we create the connector, the use...

Money Default Sound Wavs?
I am running Money Deluxe 2007 (ver. 16, updated--still getting downloads). Even though the sounds were turned on (program settings), within the list of sounds (change sounds, scroll down), they all got set to None (due to change in OS?), so I had no sound. Does anyone know the default wavs assigned to each action? Here is a list of the 36 Money actions: Account Balance Negative Advisor FYI Popup Audio/Video Help Off Audio/Video Help On AutoComplete Clear/Reconcile Transaction Close Menu Congratulations Delete Transaction Engage 1-Line Mode Engage 3-Line Mode Enter ...

no autoupdater in new macbook with new office install,
Hello ... I am new to Macs so I hope the answer to this isn't obvious. Just purchased Macbook. About this Mac says Mac OS X Version 10.4.9 I tested the Office:Mac test drive then purchased it. Before installing I uninstalled as instructed, then did a custom installation but chose to install everything. No problems - everything running fine etc. When I click on Check for Updates in the Help Menu it says Autoupdate isn't installed - do I want to install it now. I click yes ... but it says There Was an Error Installing Autoupdate So I searched and haven't found an definitive an...

can't restore 2003 into 2002 Money?
Wow, what a hassle with no results from Compaq nor Microsoft/Gates conspiracy. Is it NOT possible to transfer simple money files between my new notebook w/ Money 2003 to my PC that has Money 2002? Give us a break Bill! There is very little if any software that is backwards compatible. How on earth do you imagine that at the time M2002 was coded they could predict what changes might be made to the file format in M2003. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsof...

MSN Stock Watch List in Money 2006 Deluxe Portfolio Manager
I inadvertently deleted the MSN Stock Watch list from my Portfolio Manager. Now, despite the list still being in existence under my Passport, I cannot seem to restore it intact into Portfolio Manager via either Money 2006 Deluxe or MSN Money. I'd greatly appreciate any insight from those who may know how to restore this list as an active Portfolio Manager account, which would be much more preferable to creating a new watch list, which would not only not auto-sync with the entries made from the MSN pages, but would also require re-entry of the huge list I have now. I really want m...

Outlook 2007 install problem
when i tried to install outlook 2007 it hangs up and the end and will not complete. Task manager shows it running, but after 2 hours I ended the task. Now I can install or uninstall anything because I get a message that says something is installing and wait until it finishes. But, nothing is installing and Outlook 2007 does not show up on the program list. Help. If you are running an Anti-Virus program, like Norton or Trend, Turn it off while you do the install. Also, log out of any other programs that may be running. Are you using Microsoft XP as your processing system? Or maybe Vis...

Bank of America/MBNA Merge
BOA bought MBNA, and now my CC information is on a BOA website. However, when I try and add these credentials to a new "Bank of America (All except CA, WA, & ID)" Credit Card account in Money, I get an error. Anybody know what steps I need to go through to allow me to be able to download transactions? I just called them up yesterday, and was told that similar to MBNA, you can export credit card transactions from the website, but not directly from Money, which is why it won't take your password. If you have other accounts at BOA, then you can link those directly i...

send/receive dialogue box #2
I have ticked the box to remove details from my send/receive dialogu box. Cannot find how to get it back to show any errors etc. Thanks for any help Philk:confused ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

exchange 2003 transaction logs #2
Hi, I just built a exchange 2003 server and used exmerge to import mail into the server. There was approx 25 gig of pst files. During the end of the exmerge the transaction logs filled up the drive and killed the exmerge. I tried to run a online backup but it failed because there was no space left on the exchange drive (exchange stopped also) What would be be best course of action to fix this? thx jason On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:55:23 -0600, "jason.sigurdur" <comp.techs@aspenview.org> wrote: >Hi, I just built a exchange 2003 server and used exmerge to import mail into...

Money essentials #13
Hello, I have downloaded the trail version of Microsoft Money essentials. I am wondering if this program is also available in Dutch? greets Jorin Nope. And I suspect you will find that the combination of Money Essential's (MEss) dependence on interaction with banks and tailoring to US banks only will make it pretty useless outside the US. "Jorin van Mourik" <JorinvanMourik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0D876C2-6FFA-4D82-9B4A-379D26FE3749@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded the trail version of Microsoft Money essentials. I am > wondering ...

Money 2000 DLL error
I cannot view any reports because I have a MFC42.DLL error message. Can anyone help me please? The Microsoft Knowledgebase possibly can http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317404 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Timmyq52" <Timmyq52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13...

Installation of CRM v3.0c fails with Outlook 2007 #2
There is this thread, which I wish to reply to but don't know how. Thread URL: http://groups.google.com.my/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/9a8dd21187c63f8f/70ec92d8b2203f30?hl=en&lnk=st&q=The+installed+version+of+Microsoft+Outlook+is+not+supported+by+the+Microsoft+CRM+client.+Please+upgrade+to+the+current+release+of+Microsoft+Office+Outlook.#70ec92d8b2203f30 Please see my solution at: http://zenetlife.blogspot.com/2008/01/installing-ms-dynamics-crm-client-v3c.html Hope this is useful. Regards, Eunice Hmmnnn - unfortunately, the conclusion in your blog is inco...

Outlook 2003 new install wom't start
Outlook 2003 opens very briefly and then shuts down in a few seconds. I am using a 2.66 GHz machine with 2 GB RAM and MS Windows XP Pro. SP2. I recently re-installed Windows on a new hard disk and then installed Office 2003 and many other programs. I had had everything in fine working order before (on the old hard disk) but needed to go to a larger hard disk. Now, when I try to start Outlook, it opens but closes after just a few seconds. All the other Office programs work fine. I tried the "detect & repair"; I tried uninstalling Outlook then re-installing; .Still no good on O...

IS CDO installed by default on Exchange server?
Is CDO installed by default on exchange server or do you need to activate it? steve "sdmusicmaker" <sdmusicmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC69D53A-B88B-4BC0-A8C4-9EB5C9D85B35@microsoft.com... > Is CDO installed by default on exchange server or do you need to activate it? > > steve Yes. There are a few different flavours of CDO (CDO 1.21, CDOEX, CDOSYS), but all are present by default. Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP www.owapda.com email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m _______________...

Money 2003 #26
How do I set up a Fidelity cash management account in Money. Is it cash, is it credit card, is it a stock account, is it all of the above (yes) but how do I set it up? Thnx Jerry Rehert In microsoft.public.money, <grehert@yahoo.com> wrote: >How do I set up a Fidelity cash management account in >Money. Is it cash, is it credit card, is it a stock >account, is it all of the above (yes) but how do I set it >up? Set it up as an investment account. ...

managed account test #2
This is a test to see if my account is showing up as a managed account. Todd, is it fixed yet? Craig This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0437_01C6E17C.8F50F680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Craig, I think Todd is on vacation and I don't know if the replacements will = see it. Be patient. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a rea...

Percent Change #2
I have a user that is trying to calculate a running total or percent changes for the year. We have already calculated the daily percent change for each day, and now they want to have a running daily total of the yearly percent change as well as an actual total of the percent that has changed. Any help would be appreciated. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200512/1 I see that your post hasn't been answered. You may want to give more detail. I'm having trouble visualizing what your starting point is and what you want to do. Since...

Money 2004: Can't balance savings account
Hello, I'm trying to balance my saving account in Money 2004. This is the first time for this account. I fill in all the info such as statement date, ending balance, etc. Then when I hit "next" nothing happens. The dialog stays up and I can't continue. The only way to get out is to hit "cancel" which of course doesn't balance the account. Anybody know what's going on? Thanks, Boaz ...

OL 2003 install over OL2002
I'm currently running OfficeXP(2002). I don't see any compelling reasons to upgrade to Office2003, except for the Outlook piece. Can I upgrade Outlook 2003 without screwing up the other OfficeXP components? Thanks! Yes, but you won't have the option to use Word as your e-mail editor anymore. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bruce" <x@chartermi.net> wrote in message news:10c3bsrjgedpja1@corp.supernews.com... > I'm currently...

ReUni........ #2
Sir will u give me idea about 2 seperate resource dll? how should i use these? will u explain please Hi, Create 2 resource DLL's. Have the same resource ID's for all the resources. Now based on the language call LoadLibrary() and then call AfxSetResourceHandle() to set which is the resource DLL. Probably you will be doing this in your InitInstance function. If you want to know how to create resource only DLL's see the MSDN topic for Creating a Resource-only DLL (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_Create_a_Resource ..2d.Only_DLL.asp) This link ...

Money 2005
-- ... Hank http://horedson.home.att.net http://w0rli.home.att.net See reply in other post. ...

Add-in "C:\winnt\system\mociext.dll could not be installed or loaded
Starting Outlook 2003 on a Win2K Pro machine error received.. "TheAdd-in C:\winnt\system\mociext.dll could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be reloved by using the Detect and Repair on the Help Menu" This does not fix nor does a reinstall of Office 2003 Pro. How can this be remedied. ...

Money 2006 vs. Money 2007
Does anyone yet have experience with Money 2007 especially concerning the performance, which is absolutely poor in the 2006 version? Any comment is appreciated. Thanks Read more. Post less. "Aida" <Aida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8419B843-7B49-4665-B439-6D2512B98004@microsoft.com... > Does anyone yet have experience with Money 2007 > especially concerning the performance, which is absolutely poor in the > 2006 > version? > Any comment is appreciated. > Thanks Microsoft has admitted a performance issue in the portfolio manager in ...